young justice: babysitting th...

By Aloehugs

deathstroke wants his apprentice back, and unfortunately for Dick Grayson that means he has to be protected b... More

Mission briefing
welcome to the manor!
introductions
movie night
just came for some milk
Artemis' investigations
who needs drugs
Dick's a simp for red heads
Superman is weird and the batcaves dinosaur is suprisingly comfy.
THE TRUTH (well bits of it anyway)
#cancelrobin2020
THE TRUTH (this time all of it)
Battle for freedom
And for my next trick, disapearing Tim.
The hunt begins.
The beginning of the end
a slight inconvenience
UPDATE

prologue: bad beginnings

12.2K 238 268
By Aloehugs

a/n: hey guys, so basically this is my new story cause i have major writers block at the moment so i figured i would write something completely new and hope that would some how fix it. anyway, this story idea has been used soooo many times so i really hope it doesn't look like im copying anyone else's story cause i promise you i'm not, ill try make it as original as humanly possible because i really do love theses types of stories and i've probably read every single one of them on wattpad.

also the boys ages and hero alias'  won't be like factually correct just so it fits the story better, also to make things fun wally doesn't know dicks identity.

boys ages 

dick (robin): 16

jason(red hood): 14

tim( red robin):11

damian(just a 'pure' baby ): 9 (ok maybe the 'pure' was a bit of an overstatement)

enjoy!:)!

There had been no missions for a whole week, nothing, zilch, nada, 7 days of utter boredom. Sure, it was nice to have a break once in a while, the first few days had been pure bliss not doing anything but sitting on the couch eating chips and drinking soda, to which none of the mentors approved, and the occasional training sess with black canary. It had been great

But come the third day, Wally and Robin had completed every single video game they owned, Kaldur had disappeared off to Atlantis, M'gann had somehow perfected cookie making and in her words, 'it kinda took the fun outta it when you ace them every time', Artemis started getting bored of arguing with wally constantly and Conners static had a massive plot twist where his favourite character died so he's now refusing to watch it (a/n just clarifying that was a joke before some people come check on my mental state.)

 However, worse thing about this whole ordeal was the fact robin was bored. Batman's rules: number 7, never ever let Robin become bored, or was  rule number 7 the one about cats, peanut butter and skateboards (i always get confused about them two). Anyway, Batman's rule number ?, never let robin become bored because that basically means instant death for anyone remotely near the boy.

The team unfortunately discovered this the hard way

it was seventh day of boredom or doom as Wally was calling it and the entire team minus Robin were sitting around the island in the kitchen awaiting the pancakes M'gann had just attempted to make. Before M'gann could hand out the pancakes however there was the sound of a small click and the room was flooded with darkness leaving the team completely blind.

"great" Artemis moaned as she fumbled around in her pockets for her phone which she had only now remembered was laying on her bed, not her bed at the mountain, no her bed at home in gotham and she wouldn't be able to get it for the rest of the day.

"anyone got a phone or flashlight?" she asked hopefully

the room was filled with the sound of people fumbling around in there pockets or feeling around for objects near them before a chorus of no's interrupted.

"once again, great" she said letting out a very exaggerated sigh and flopping down on the chair next to her

"is there any need for sarcasm arty?" wally asked in a mock voice and artemis could almost hear his smirk as wally could feel the anger pretroding from the archer at the use of her not so fond nickname

"don't. call. me. Arty" she growled swinging her arm out hard infront of her to try come into contact with the speedster but instead she managed to hit the man of steel's clone instead thus resulting in artemis's arm to become badly bruised.

"damn it" she panted clutching at her arm and muttering hurried apologies at conner, who had in fact not felt a thing and was now using his advanced eyesight to stare bemused at the girl who had fallen to the floor clutching her soon to be badly bruised arm.

wally was on the floor too, but not because he was in pain or because he wanted to see if the blonde archer was ok, but because he was in pure hysterics about the whole ordeal and found the whole situation absolutely hilarious. Through his laughter he only managed to get out the word 'karma', this was clearly the wrong thing to say as Artemis lunged at him again, this time hitting the right target, half her energy being used to strangle the speedster and the other half being used to yell every single swear word her brain could think of all directed towards wally, who despite the sudden change of situation was still letting out the occasional laugh, which infuriated artemis to say the least.

"Artemis get off him" the o mighty leader of the team Kaldur yelled, which left the team dumbfounded as they were all so used to kaldurs calm stoic voice not this yelling one

"you alright kal?" wally asked carefully, pushing Artemis off him as he did so and stood up to face his leader, well face the voice of his leader because he was still blind due to the lights an all.

"no, something is not right" he started staring around at the blank figures of his team "the backup generator should have started by now"

Wally looked around as he realised Kaldur was right, the backup generator should have started the second the lights turned off in the first place. He had been to focused on annoying Artemis he had completely forgot he was on a team of superheroes and for the lights to go out didn't mean anything good. He sensed the team get into a fighting stance and you didn't have to be a telepath like M'gann to sense the guilt pretroding off everyone in the room. 7 days of no missions and they had completely forgotten how to act, oh this was definitely Batman's fault, not that he would see it that way.

they slowly left the kitchen, with Connor and Kaldur leading the group, everyone either having their weapons drawn or hands protectively covering there face as they advanced towards the living room. 

M'gann sensed it first and then Conner they both looked at each other through the darkness as M'gann set up a mindlink

'there's someone else in here' M'gann whispered slightly scared through the mindlink as if she thought too loud the intruder would hear

'are you sure' Kaldur spoke and somehow the sound of his voice calmed the team 

'there's definitely someone else in this room right now' 

"i demand whoever is there to show yourself and state your intention" Kaldur's calm voice broke the silence as the team stood slightly behind him, almost scared.

another moment of silence and then all of a sudden a laugh, no a cackle erupted from the ceiling and it was a cackle they all knew so well

"wait a minute" Wally started staring  confused towards the ceiling " is that, Rob?" 

The cackling continued and they all stared wide eyed towards the ceiling and suddenly, they all saw something begin to fall down from the roof and before anyone of them could even think about moving they all found themselves covered in a cold thick liquid and the make things worse the lights decided to turn on at this exact moment so they could see themselves covered from head to toe in red paint.

Robin jumped down from the ceiling and his terrifying cackle turned into a very highly amused laugh as he stared at his completely shock ridden friends, whipping off his night vision goggles in the process.

"you should see yourselves" Robin laughed on the verge of tears from laughing to much. Robin seeing the look on his teammates faces as they slowly started to move away from shock and towards fury decided now would be a good moment to take a step back from the crowd." urm" he said slightly scared for the wrath of his team which was about to come.

"i'm. going. to. kill. him" Artemis practically screamed lunging at the boy wonder in an attempt to get her hands around his neck, but unlike Wally he managed to dodge and Robin started full on sprinting towards the zeta beam, yelling "that's my cue!" as he did so.

However before he could make his exit, he felt a figure jump on him from behind "what kind of hero tackles someone from behind" Robin yelled clawing at the ground trying to get out from under his friends tight grip "a pissed one" replies artemis from on top off him, still trying to pin him to the ground with her paint covered hands while the rest of he team just stared at the scene completely ok with what was happening just as long as Artemis was winning the fight, they were all still angry at Robin that they thought he completely deserved this.

Roin managed to free himself from Artemis' tight grip and booted her in the face just as the zeta tubes announced the arrival of batman. Robin quickly ran to stand behind Batman knowing none of the team would dare try and hurt him when Batman was around.

Batman stood protectively hiding his protege from the people in front of him as glared accusingly at them, making the team stop glaring murderously at robin and making them extremely scared and the whole team subtly went to stand behind Kaldur who looked like he wished he had someone to stand behind, daddybats glare worse type of batglare.

"mission briefing" the man of bats grunted before walking of towards the briefing room with robin in close pursuit not wanting to be left alone in a room with his extremely pissed group of superhuman friends.

the second the dynamic duo had left the room the paint covered team looked at eachother with huge smiles on their faces "7 days of hell" Wally started, looking like someone had just told him they were turning the entire mountain into an all you can eat buffet "over" he said finishing off his sentence.

"god has finally answered my prayers" artemis smiled "i don't think i could take another day of listening to wally" before wally could retought with something that probably included a lot of swear words artemis ran to the briefing room and was quickly followed by the rest of the team.

when they arrived they saw an extremely happy robin sat with an glass of water very close to batman and a slightly amused looking batman which must mean the world was ending as batman never showed any emotion nevermind amusement , no doubt robin had just recountered everything that had happened moments before batman had arrived and batman would have had to found it amusing, sure if it had been anyone other than robin who had done it, batman would have had their heads, but not robin, never robin. The kid could probably get away with murder.

"you took your time" robin smirked to the team who still looked like they wanted to beat him to a pulp and the looks he was given by his teammates made him move closer to batman. 

Batman took this moment to talk before another fight happened and he would have had to fight off 4 superpowered teens and one very pissed teen all trying to harm his ward, who batman had to agree probably deserved it. Batman took one last look at his ward who was drinking the glass of water before flicking the screen on. Dick is gonna hate him for this, he thought as he clicked on a picture of a man probably in his 30s with his 4 dark haired children standing smiling next to him.

 The eldest had his arms wrapped around the two youngest who both looked like they would rather be anywhere else but here, with clear forced smiles edge onto their faces, however the eldest smile looked genuine, he looked quite short for his age as he only came up to the elder mans lower shoulder and he had the most gorgeous blue eyes you ever saw. the last boy in the picture was taller than the boy with the blue eyes but he still looked younger, he was wearing a leather jacket and had a white streak in his hair which made him look like he had a 'bad boy' vibe going on. 

"this team, is Bruce wayne and his four children, your mission is to protect the eldest Richard Grayson while Bruce is abroad for the next month"

Robin who had been mid sip of water had been thinking of all the possible ways he could make it up to the team who really wanted his head right now and he knew the second batman left he would be toast, when to his surprise he heard his name, not his superhero name, no his real name, when he looked up he was greeted with a picture of himself and his brothers as it slowly dawned on him what the mission was he spat out his water all over Batman's leg.

batman slowly turned his head down to face his ward. when his eyes met the eyes of an extremely pissed/shocked robin he immediately felt a pang of guilt that he hadn't spoke to dick before about this, but it was too late now.

"we're doing what!" Robin practically screamed.

a/n: stay tuned for next time where the team go to the manor

anyway i hope that was alright cause i kinda only started this story to try solve my writers block for my other story and oh yeah i hope you've had a good christmas !:)

also if you got my gotham reference your a proper g

xxoox

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

955 42 2
"I needed to protect you," he muttered, rocking slowly back and forth. 'A finger trailed down his cheek, nails scratching lightly across his skin.' "...
140K 4.7K 28
Set two years into the five year gap, Robin had become team leader. After threats from Slade and the Court of Owls wanting Robin to join them the tea...
whelmed By kj !!

Fanfiction

371K 10.8K 25
The team has a new mission... Protect Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, and Damian Wayne from a hunter... And from killing eachother rankings: #1...
76.7K 2K 20
Damian Wayne gets captured by Slade Wilson and the Batfam has to go rescue him.