Sailor Moon Light and Shadow...

By AyoBolo

As Usagi Tsukino begins her journey in becoming Sailor Moon, she soon meets someone whose interest in her is... More

Chapter 1: Usagi's Rude Awakening

100 1 0
By AyoBolo

On a wondrous planet, within a grand palace, a beautiful princess dressed in a white and gold gown ran through its halls, seeking someone.

It was none other her handsome prince, clad in his resplendent black regalia.

The two royals were soon in each other embrace, the prince and princess's faces moved closer to each other, seeking a kiss.

Only for the princess to find herself suddenly submerged in water!

"Aaaaahhh!" She screamed. Somehow not taking in water despite being underwater.

The water was ice cold, the shock of it unlike anything she had ever experience.

"Quickly, someone get the princess a life jacket!"

A young girl with blond hair in long ponytails and odango buns, shot straight up in her bed and proceeded to blurt out that non-sequitur line.

This girl is Usagi Tsukino, age 14, who goes to Juuban Public Middle School. People often say she a bit of klutz, and a little emotional.

Upon gaining full her wakefulness, the fourteen year old realized something.

Her face was soaking wet, which probably had something to do with why her wonderful dream turned into waterlogged nightmare.

"You know, I had anticipated that if I did this that the results would be interesting." A voiced spoke up.

"But that reaction, Usagi, as far exceeded my expectations." The voiced continued, filled with mirth.

The voice belong to a girl sitting in a chair by Usagi's bed, the girl had violet eyes, her hair was also blond and done in ponytails like Usagi, but hers lacked any buns, instead the tails was held up by a pair of black ribbons tied into bows.

She had a large grin, clearly amused by Usagi's unique wake up.

This is Urufu Yuzuko, age 15, and also attends Juuban Middle School, and is one grade higher than Usagi herself.

Urufu also happened to be holding an empty glass cup with ice cubes inside it.

It didn't take long for Usagi to realize the empty glass and its holder were the ones most likely responsible her wet and very cold wake up.

"You did this!" she accused pointing at the girl.

"Why, excellent deduction my dear Usagi." came Urufu's nonchalant reply. "And a good morning to you as well"

"But Why?"

"Well, how else was I going to wake up, huh Bun-Bun?" the ribbon haired girl asked, answering the younger girl's question with a question.

At this point it's important to known that Urufu is Usagi's oldest friend, they've know each other since they were just out of diapers.

"NOT WITH WATER URUFU." the odango haired girl answered, her voice even louder than before.

"Now my PJ, bed and myself are completely soggy now."

Urufu shrugged. "Don't worry, I checked, and it's laundry day, . I'm sure Aunty Ikuko was going to put them in washing machine anyway.

"Really, that... That's your answer." Usagi said gapping.

"Well you also got a quick shower, so actually I think I did you a favor."

Usagi was starting to realize that Urufu wasn't the least bit sorry for her actions.

This was often the case with Urufu.

Seeing that Usagi was still looking at her incredulously, Urufu put the cup down and stood up, crossed her arms and looked her childhood friend straight in the eye.

"Alright, speaking seriously. Usagi." She said.

Usagi flinched at Urufu's tone changed from mirthful to resolute.

"Y...Yes?"

"Usagi you and I both know that I have an exact idea what it takes to you wake up in the morning... Right?"

Usagi nodded, albeit reluctantly.

"And why is that?" She questioned further. The way she said it implied that she knew that Usagi already knew the answer.

Sighing, Usagi answered. "Because you have the exact same difficulty that I have getting up in the morning."

"Precisely," Urufu nodded. "So I wouldn't use a wakeup method that was effective on you if I haven't also tested it on myself."

"I just wish you didn't have to use such unusual methods."

At this point Usagi had given up. She knew she wasn't going to get an apology out of her friend, not this time anyway.

Usagi knew that Urufu had always been the kind of person who did things her own way, even if they sometimes went against what other people thought of as normal.

A natural-born rebel is what she called herself.

"If it works, it works" her friend simply replied back.

"The results speak for themselves." She said, pointing a thumb to Usagi's alarm clock.

"Look, now you're wide awake with just enough time to get ready for school." She said, pointing a thumb to Usagi's alarm clock.

The time was 7:15am; Usagi noted that it was a vast improvement on her usual wake up times, which were often after 8 o'clock.

A bit of a problem, considering that classes started by 8am.

"Its so early, its too early." The younger girl yawned, looking like she was about to collapse into to her bed and go back to the Land of Nod.

"Oh it's not." Urufu said, “So you're not going back to sleep and ruining my efforts.”

The older blonde shook the ice cubes in her glass menancingly."

"The water in this glass will be even colder that one from before if these ice cubes melted whilst your slept off."

"Okay, okay, no need to threaten me." The younger girl placated her friend while getting out of bed.

"It's not as if I could get back to sleep with my face, hair and even my bed soaked like this anyway." Usagi voiced sullenly.

"That's why it's such an effective method" was the older girl's quick reply, as she pulled something out of her school bag.

"I grabbed a towel from your bathroom; I'll you dry off and help you get ready."

"Thanks Urufu." Usagi said, true grateful. Her oldest friend could be a bit abrasive every now and then, but Urufu was not a jerk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With her friend's assistance, it wasn't long before Usagi was dressed and almost ready for school.

Currently the two girls were in front of her dresser's mirror, the older girl brushing her hair.

"You know I noticed that you're in uniform today, you finally coming back to school today?" Usagi asked.

"Yep, my brother finally cleared the documentation and the school has assessed that I'm academically on the same level as my classmates."

"It'll be good to socialising with Juuban's student body again after two year." Urufu explained.

"One should avoid becoming socially odd amongst their peers." she continued.

"Odd... like pouring water on people's heads in the morning." Replied Usagi, her eyebrow raised for emphasis.

"Then I'm afraid it's already too late you Bow-Wow." She concluded, using her personal nickname for friend to try to drive the point home.

"And holding grudges is bad for the the skin Bun-Bun." Urufu countered without pause, using her own personalized nickname for Usagi, before grabbing some bobby pins from the dresser drawers.

"I might believe that, if it wasn't coming for you Urufu."

Over the years Urufu would sometimes take advantage of her gullibility to feed her misinformation, which lead to incidences of her looking, saying or doing something that made her look strange.

She had eventually learnt to identify her friend's tall tales... most of the time.

"Well I won't argue with that." Urufu conceded, knowing what Usagi was referring to.

"Alright, there, all done." She announced, as she stuck last pin into Usagi's odangos.

"What do you think, how I'd do?"

Usagi ran a hand over her buns, testing the firmness as well as checking their shape in the mirror. "Yay there good, nice job Urufu."

"Thank you, I'm happy to known my practice is starting to paying off."

Tying odango buns isn't exactly like tying my own hair bows, afterall.

That has lead to painfully incidents while practicing at home. She reminisced, the memories of knotting my own hair making her wince.

Urufu checked the clock. "Alright, so we've got 20 minutes to get to school, so we have some time for breakfast."

"Alright let's go, I'm starving." younger girl said eagerly.

"Yay, your Mom's making chocolate-chip waffles, my favourite."

"Really? Great. I'll take twelve." Usagi said with glee, and then asked. "Wait, how can you tell?"

Urufu tapped her nose to illustrate. "The nose knows Usagi, I can smell the batter cooking and the melting chocolate in the kitchen from here."

"Right I forget." Urufu had somehow developed a sharp sense of smell since she had come from her travels; it still caught Usagi offguard when she revealed something claiming her sense of smell told her.

"I wonder how your nose got so strong?" she asked as they headed down the stairs, Urufu in front.

"Well, it could just be puberty? A potential side effect of getting older and all that." Urufu speculated.

"Well you never know Usagi, maybe one off your senses will get stronger too."

"Really, like what?" the younger girl asked eagerly.

She was really interested, maybe having a stronger sense of something, would help her be less clumsy.

"I know just the one." the older girl placed her hands behind her head and waving them up and down. "Your hearing, then you'll be just like a real rabbit."

"Very funny," She answered fatly.

"No I'm serious." Said Urufu, as she started down the stairs, "Just think of the possibilities, you'd be able to hear things from really far away, like a superhero."

That actually got Usagi thinking, it would be pretty awesome using hearing to track down bad guys, capturing them and taking them to the police.

"That would be so cool." She admitted.

The best part... no one would ever accused a superhero of being a klutz or a cry-baby. She imagined.

Unfortunately, Usagi decision to indulge in crime-fighting fantasies while walking down the staircase, caused her to miss a step.

Which lead to slip and fall right into Urufu.

That sent both of the pigtailed girls tumbling down the last flights of steps to the ground floor with a resounding crash.

"Owie!" they both cried.

A concerned voice called from the kitchen.

"Usagi, Urufu. Are you alright?"

Both girls answered.

"No Mom." Replied Usagi.

"No Aunty Ikuko." Replied Urufu.

"We're not alright!" They yelled in unison.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My first Sailor Moon Fanfic, I hope to do this franchise justice, as I dip my toes into it.

Some of you may have an idea of who Urufu is, if you guessed right, then I hope you enjoy what I have planned.

Feedback and criticism are welcome.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

996K 61.5K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
674K 24.6K 100
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
1M 39.9K 93
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
860K 19.6K 48
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.