Status Quo | āœ“

By chrltt-t

āš’„š’‚š’ š’‚ š’Œš’Šš’”š’” š’„š’‰š’‚š’š’ˆš’† š’š’–š’“ š’”š’•š’‚š’•š’–š’” š’’š’–š’?āž ā”ā”ā”ā”ā”ā”ā”ā”ā”ā” Rachelle Anderson moved to Massachus... More

A / N
A E S T H E T I C
P L A Y L I S T
P R O L O G U E
-1-
-2-
-3-
-4-
-5-
-6-
-7-
-8-
-9-
-10-
*-11-
-12-
-13-
*-14-
*-15-
*-16-
-17-
-18-
*-19-
*-20-
*-21-
-22-
-23-
-24-
-25-
-26-
*-27-
-28-
-29-
-30-
-31-
-32-
-34-
-35-
-36-
F I N A L E
A / N
- I -
- II -
- III -
M O O D B O A R D S
N E X T

-33-

3.6K 175 118
By chrltt-t

After grabbing my morning coffee, I drove towards the supermarket to shop for some groceries before heading back to my apartment. When I entered the apartment building, the guard stopped me. "Hey, Ms Anderson!" 

"Hi there, Wallace. Is there a matter?" I asked, feeling slightly confused. 

"There's a relatively huge parcel that came in today addressing to you, do you think you can collect it now?" he said, reaching under his desk to pull out a beautifully decorated white box. I walked over to the concierge counter and signed on the delivery receipt before hugging onto the parcel and struggled my way up into my apartment. 

It dropped the parcel on the coffee table in the living room and headed towards the kitchen to unpack my groceries. I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge before heading back into the living room and plopped myself into my comfortable couch. My sudden appearance must've startled Cotton because he was taking his usual afternoon nap and had jolted awake when the couch dipped at my weight. He hissed at me and I chuckled playfully, reaching my hand out to pet from his neck, down along the length of his body.

My eyes went towards the big parcel and I pushed my back off the couch, taking the parcel closer to me. Pulling on the pink silk ribbon, the knot came undone to reveal a letter that was placed carefully on top of the box. The enveloped had my name written on it in calligraphy and rosegold ink. 

I opened the drawer of my coffee table and picked up a letter opener. Carefully slicing through the top fold, I took out the card and it read: 

Then, I flipped the invitation over and saw a few lines of messy scribbles. 

I burst into laughter when I read her message and I pulled open the lid of the box and held up a pretty blush bridesmaid dress. I twisted at my waist and swiped my hand along the gap underneath the backrest of my couch to search for my phone. Quickly dialling Clara's number, I brought the phone close to my ear. 

Clara picked up after a few rings and squealed, "Rachelle! Have you received your parcel? Are you attending? Please tell me yes, and you know what I'll do if you aren't attending!" 

"Whoa," I laughed. "I'm so glad that you're still as energetic as ever. And yes, I'm going just because I love my apartment too much for you to ruin it with your wedding." 

"God, I hate you," she complained. "Anyways, when will you arrive in Massachusetts?" 

"I'm going to check on the plane tickets later, but I'll be there as soon as possible!" 

"Yes, please come and help me out! I'm all stressed out!" she whined. 

"Easy there, bride-to-be!" I chuckled. "Don't wear yourself out so much that Max probably can't recognise you on the wedding day." 

"RACHELLE!" she actually screamed through the phone and I held the phone away from my ear, rubbing on my auricle because that was too much of an ear-piercing shriek. 

-

In the evening, I hurriedly took a shower before heading towards my wardrobe to pull on a sweater and slip into a pair of yoga tights. I sat in front of my dresser and gathered my hair up into a neat ponytail. Then, my phone buzzed noisily and Leon's name flashed on the screen. I cursed under my breath but accepted the call regardless. 

"Sweetheart, why am I looking at your ceiling?" 

I peeked from the corner of my eyes and saw a frown appearing on his face as his eyes squinted slightly. 

"Give me a minute, I just got out of the shower. I got to apply some cream on my face," I hastily patted some makeup on my face, and applied some mascara in the fastest time known to man. 

"You don't have to put on makeup," he chuckled. "You're already the most stunning person in my world." 

I froze, looking at the phone screen and I saw him smiling. I gasped, "How did you know?"

"Sweetheart, your hand flashed across the screen holding onto a mascara," he grinned, revealing those perfectly attractive dimples on both sides of his cheeks. 

"Ugh, you caught me," I muttered, finishing up whatever I wanted to do with my face.

"Come on, I want to look at you," he rested his chin against his palm, leaning lazily as he waited. 

"Alright, alright," I placed my mascara and the rest of thr products back on the dressing table neatly before picking up my phone. I positioned it in front of me and adjusted my hair before giving him an awkward wave. 

"Aren't you the most beautiful person?" he beamed. 

"Stop it!" I scolded but the flush on my face totally betrayed me. 

"I missed you, little squirrel." A slight frown pulled at his lips and he continued to ask, "How's everything for you?"

"I missed you too," I mumbled. "It's great here, I just had a performance and it went well. How're things on your end?" 

"I want to watch your performances again," he replied before picking up his phone and started walking. "I had been busy with big projects, but it was truly fulfilling." 

"That's great," I commented, giving him a sweet smile. Then, I got curious. "Where are you heading to?" 

"I'm heading downstairs to grab some snacks," he grinned, still walking. "I'm feeling hungry." 

"Go ahead, you should eat more," I chuckled. 

"Well, I'm actually hungry for you," he teased. "But I had to find an alternative way to get rid of some of that hunger." 

"Oh god." I could feel my face heating up and for a moment, I didn't know where to look. 

"What are you even feeling shy about?" he burst out laughing. I watched and saw that his eyes moved slightly and zeroed in at the space above my shoulders. "Is that Cotton on your bed?" 

I turned around and saw Cotton licking its paw on my bed. He caught me staring and purred softly. A huge smile broke on my face and I said, "Cotton said hi." 

"I wish I'm Cotton right now," he winked suggestively and the temperature rushed back to my cheeks once again. 

"I want you here too," I nodded, blushing furiously.

We had been in a long distant relationship for the past seven years. Although we tried to meet up whenever we could, it hadn't been an easy journey. There were times we appreciated how much this distant had made us grow fonder, while other times we fought with one another simply because we missed each other too much and our hearts grew lonely in the absence of another.

"We'll meet soon, sweetheart," he said, softly, "Just a few more days."

"You meant Clara's wedding?"

"Yes," he smiled. 

"We'll be back together real soon," I mentioned. 

But I was referring more than Clara's wedding. For the past seven years, I have had the chance to travel the world and play on various international stages. That was more than enough for me and I had reached the point in my life when I'd really want to settle down. I had already put forth my resignation to the philharmonic and found a new job as a music instructor in San Francisco the other day. 

But I had wanted to surprise Leon. So, for now, I shall just keep it as a little secret. 

"What are you smiling at?" he asked warmly. 

"Nothing," I giggled. 

━━━━━━━━━━

Leon's POV  
(Before the call with Rachelle)

"Hey Leon, how rare for you to call me! What's up?" Clara chirped.

"Hey Clara, just one request if you don't mind."

"What is it?" she asked.

"Please throw your bouquet to Rachelle on that day." 

*your author is smiling like an idiot right now*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 137 30
"And as I hold my crying, broken girl in my arms at the doctors office, I realize the true meaning of unconditional love. There isn't anything that...
1.7M 2.3K 3
"You're not serious right?" He gave me a bored look, turning around to face me completely. He brought his face a little closer and parted his lips t...
232K 4.9K 49
They've known each other since they were eleven, inseparable best friends for as long as they can remember, but long distance and spotty behavior cau...
Ophiuchus By rainshine03

General Fiction

6.1K 370 19
Matthew and Camille, Camille and Matthew. That's how things have always been. Despite living with an abusive father and an emotionally unstable and a...