Daughter of Night (A Daughter...

By StephanieYarns

I really don't know yet, but here I go with what I DO know. Chevonne didn't believe in the supernatural, unt... More

Chapter One
Chapter 2
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter 5
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three

Epilogue

1.3K 110 19
By StephanieYarns

Lips trailed over her bare shoulder and Chevonne was helpless against the chills that covered her skin.

Looking at the reflection in her window, she could see Elliot behind her as he wrapped his arms around her waist. Her laughter was soft when she thought about the differences between then and now. Should she turn, it wouldn't be out of fright, and should she stumble, it would be because of desire, not an injured ankle.

That night, so long ago, when she met the man that would forever change her world.

She did turn then, and he ran his fingers down her spine, the low back of her gown offering no protection for the flames his touch always brought.

"Behave," she whispered as his mouth brushed over hers.

"I'm on my best behavior.."

She narrowed her eyes at him and he laughed.

Her soul drank in that sound, for three weeks ago, she didn't think she would hear it again. After a night of horror and death. After what she was certain was her death. She spent a week asleep, them taking turns dripping blood down her throat as she lay unresponsive in her bed. A week to heal from the wounds that Anne had left on her. In her.

She would never forget the moment when she opened her eyes and it was day, and her vampires were still with her. Elliot and Nikolas on either side of her and Caleb asleep in the chair. Her men were exhausted. While she thought that the bond faded ,it was her that faded. The bond was still working, helping her recover from the trauma of that night. A trauma that would never happen again.

There was another week trying to convince them that she was no longer on death's door and that she wouldn't break if someone hugged her.

The last week began with her asking Elliot out because she was going to go crazy if she didn't get out of bed. The smile on his face when she said she wanted to dance with him was priceless. She promised that she wouldn't slap him and he laughed.

And here they were.

"Are you ready?" he asked and she nodded.

He led them to the hall and she locked her door and would not think about the moment when she pushed Anne to her limit. Would she have taken such drastic measures had Chevonne not thrown it in her face that she knew? She couldn't know that answer and it would haunt her.

Madelyn lived and Jonathan kept in touch with her. She lived in the city but for now, wanted nothing to do with Chevonne. She couldn't blame her. But she told Jonathan to give her her phone number just in case and he told her later that she took it. Maybe one day she might get to know her little sister.

The elevator ride was short and as they left, she gave Ramon a wave. "Be careful out there," she said and he gave her a smile then his eyes flicked to Elliot.

She didn't know what that was but she could deal with it later.

The car ride was quick and then the door was open and the doorman helped her out.

Elliot touched her glove covered elbow and she looked up at him.

"The first two times, you walked in alone. Perhaps the third time is the charm?" He held out his arm and with a soft laugh, she took it.

"I always wondered why you couldn't meet me that first night. I didn't know anything, much less where to go."

"Because I was curious," he said, grin sinful. "I was curious to see if you would actually go through with it. I watched from the window above and you got out and even without seeing your face, I could feel the tension coming off you. I expected you go rushing back down the stairs, but you didn't."

He held the door open for her and she walked in and waited for him. They crossed the lobby and soon enough, they were in front of the double doors. There was nothing to fear, but once again, she had a feeling of the world taking a breath.

Then the door was open and they were inside. She handed her coat to the man and she looked up at Elliot watching her with a wealth of emotions in his eyes. The warm brown caressing her as he studied her.

"I think I forgot to tell you how beautiful you are tonight." His fingers traced the strings of rhinestones that draped across her upper arm. "You look like the night sky, so dark and mysterious, and yet peaceful and wondrous."

She touched his cheek with a black silk glove, studded with more rhinestones. "I chose this dress because it remind me of her."

The black sleeveless gown called to her when she was bored with captivity and browsing her phone. Black silk blended seamlessly with shades of gray. The entire skirt had rhinestone accents that reminded her of the stars in the sky. Nyx's sky.

Their moment was interrupted by a sweet drawl.

"That's twice, Elliot. It looks like you really have taken yourself off the market."

Elliot turned and Chevonne watched Bianca heading their way.

"You're going to make a lot of single ladies unhappy."

Chevonne looked for signs that she was going to be one of those unhappy women but all she found was a kind smile.

"But, he's not reall—" Elliot's hand tightened around hers, stopping her words.

"I'm sure they will survive."

Bianca looked between them, the smile softening on her lips. "Oh, I see. Well, you're not wrong. Time heals all wounds, eventually." She turned blue eyes to Chevonne. "I'm glad to see you here again. I was worried, but then, I shouldn't have been." Her head cocked and she found herself being studied. "You look like her."

Chevonne frowned. "Who?"

"Why, your mother, of course."

Elliot stiffened beside her as Bianca's words traveled through her head. "You... You know who I am?"

Bianca laughed. "You gotta think big picture, guys. You think Nyx and Hemera are the only ones with kids? I'm an oracle. I knew this was coming from the day I was born. There are big plans for you. All of you. And unfortunately, that's all I can about the matter. Higher ups tend to get pissy if I go around telling things I'm not supposed to know." She took a deep breath and looked at her watch. "I can say this without causing too many problems. You, Elliot, will be getting a call in an hour and twenty-seven minutes." She looked at him. "You are going to want to ignore it because you are dancing. Don't. It's very important." Her eyes dropped to where Elliot held Chevonne's hand and once again, she gave them a smile. "I'll leave the two of you alone and let you enjoy your time. But, you'll see me again." She gave Elliot a wink. "And sad to say, not for the calls to your house. Those were... blissful."

"I'm sorry?" He sounded just as confused as Chevonne was.

"Honey, your mind trick doesn't work so well on strong-willed, and I promise, you've never met anyone more stubborn than me."

"You... you knew what I was doi—"

"Knew? Sweetie, I lived for it. But... as with everything else, I could see this day coming." She stepped away from them with a laugh before turning to Chevonne. "You, my girl, have earned the respect of a lot of beings out there. But you've also pissed people off. Be careful." The woman pulled her in for a tight hug and Chevonne found herself hugging back. She didn't touch strangers. Bianca pulled back. "You look so much like your mother." With that, she walked away.

Somehow they were moving and then Elliot held her and they were dancing.

"If our world is about to be disrupted, I would like this time with you," he said and she smiled up at him.

She opened her mouth to say something about what just happened and he stole her words with a gentle kiss. She followed his lead, in the steps and mindset. Just enjoy the time.

What seemed to be much shorter than an hour and a half passed and his phone rang. He met her eyes as he stopped and pulled out the interrupting thing.

"Yes."

She watched his face for some sort of news, good or bad. Without another word, he hung up.

"That was Nikolas. Kian is awake."

"That's good, right?"

"Yes. But he wants to talk to me right away."

"I think we knew that was coming."

"He said that Kian is worried."

"Memories?"

"You don't understand. Nothing bothers him."

She took a breath and his hand. "Okay. We'll figure this out and take care of it together."

"Together sounds perfect."

He gave her a surprise spin.

"Elliot," she said with a laugh as he pulled her back.

He touched her lips and smiled. "I love how you say my name."

The End

A/N

I really hope you guys enjoy this story that took me by surprise. And yes, it will be part of a series. I know I left unanswered questions, but they will be brought up in future novels. This is going to be a type of series I have never done before and it will take me longer to write the following books because of the... interweaving that will be happening.  Please bear with me on the time frame. I also have to get Bound by Desire ready for publication on Valentines day. 

That is going to take some work because I have to add and change some thing.  I feel like a few of the guys got short-changed and I need to fix that. 

I have a lot going on right now and yes, I do intend on going back to Eve's world sometime within the next few months. 

Back to this one right quick, I know it's not quite a harem, but it will be growing throughout the series. I wanted to try a slower build  with this one. 

I love you guys so much!!! <3 <3 <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.2K 3.8K 17
Eve's been through a lot, but prophecy isn't through with her yet. Not yet ready for what it asks of her, it drives a wedge between her and the love...
464K 17.9K 36
I am just about to turn around and head down the alley toward the street when I see two shadows step away from the wall a little farther down from wh...
13.5K 1.1K 16
Barely surviving the fight that saw her demons defeated, Chevonne imagined the worst behind them. She imagined wrong. Old enemies never truly go aw...
396K 9.8K 17
I smelt something calming, like the smell of rain and vanilla and suddenly, a guy came in charging at Gabriel. Gabriel didn't have any time to react...