drabbles. nirvana

By mutiiilation

short oneshots, prompts, one-liners and etc, and stories based on all of the above. More

☼ intro.
REDEMPTION. / 1
'TIL DEATH DO US APART. / 2
GRIEF. / 3
NOT BROKEN. / 4
1991. / 5
sappy. / 6
'90. / 7
ABERDEEN. / 8
SANGRIA. / 9
BACKSEAT. / 10
FUCHSIA. / 11
FUCKSIA. / 12
BURN OUT, FADE AWAY. / 13
TEEN SUICIDE. / 14
TEEN SUICIDE. / 15
in the way.
attention
jealousy
"sOuLmAtEs"
wicked
the morning after
stupid highschooler
tattoos
loneliness

coffee shop

251 7 6
By mutiiilation

snowflakes pelted in his golden blond locks, the blond shivered as he stepped into the warmth of the cafe, the bell jingling, welcoming him warmly— literally.

dave leaned against the counter, flipping through some stupid magazine, glancing up at the door and noticing kurt, a smug grin slowly splaying on his lips as he closed the thin magazine and placed it on the counter.

"cold out, huh?" the brunet called out as kurt approached. the small blond was a regular customer in the coffee shop, dave was a fairly new barista, but he managed to get along with kurt as if they've known each other for years now.

"freezin'," kurt muttered, slightly unzipping his winter jacket, relieved as the warmth of the shop submerged him, the snowflakes in his hair melting and dampening it.

"the usual, angel?" dave chirped, giving the latter a not-so-subtle once-over, wetting his lips.

he had learnt that kurt kinda have a thing for nicknames, he found that out not long ago. he's been calling the older 'angel' ever since then, just to tease his new friend.

cheeks flushing, kurt nodded, digging into his pocket for the money, but it was a struggle for sure. he was almost drowning in the jacket.

dave noticed that and he smiled, slowly shaking his head. "forget the money, it's on the house."

kurt arched his brows, removing his hand from his pocket and nodding unsurely. "thank you!"

dave shrugged. "my pleasure, find a place to sit and i'll keep you some company."

kurt grinned and nodded once more, shuffling away to find a place to sit down.

and dave didn't take too long, 10 minutes in and he was already sitting across from kurt, handing him his usual coffee.

kurt was thankful, but he was a little unsure about dave sitting and talking to him. "aren't you supposed to—"

"break," dave cut in, knowing exactly what kurt's question was gonna be. "pretty convenient, i've been working since eight in the morning."

kurt's brows arched again as he took a careful sip of his coffee. dave couldn't help but think of how cute kurt was when he'd get all surprised and stuff, let alone how cute he looked in that big ass winter jacket.

"aren't you tired?" the blond asked almost sympathetically, dave snorted.

"no, not at all. just a little bummed out cause i had to wake up too early, i barely slept tonight," the barista sighed. "other than that, the cafe's been pretty empty today, people are out buying christmas presents and stuff."

"so you've been basically doing nothing all day today?" kurt chuckled.

"yeah, exactly!" dave beamed. "whatever, i get to relax and shit. it better than tending lines upon lines of customers. i'm the only one working the shift today anyway, all cause of the lack of customers."

"doesn't money get a little tight because of that?" the older tilted his head to the side, practically gazing at dave in admiration and thoughtfulness.

"a little, but it's enough to survive," the brunet clarified. "doesn't matter, i deserve a little break too."

"i agree," kurt murmured with a small, weak grin.

"enough about me, i never really got what your job is. tell me about it?"

kurt huffed a laugh. "bold of you to assume i even have a job!" he joked and it made dave laugh. kurt felt like he was on cloud nine already, forget the freezing cold outside, he was all warmed up now. "no, i'm kidding. i don't know if it counts as a job, but i play in this small band."

"it's a job if you can make money out of it, what's the band called?" dave straightened his posture, lighting up with interest. he was a big fan of music. "what genre do you guys play?"

kurt's cheeks heated up once again and it was actually visible this time. "um— we're called nirvana, we're like a punk rock band or whatever.. We only play in bars now though."

"nirvana," dave mumbled, enjoying the way it sounded when he said it; it rolled off his tongue so smoothly. "punk rock, huh?" he grinned. "i absolutely love punk rock, i'm gonna have to listen to your music someday! when's your next gig, if you have any? i'd love to see you live."

kurt's eyes widened a little, he smiled, filling up with pure adoration. "you'd do that for me?l

"of course, dude," dave nodded, propping his elbow up on the table, resting his chin on his hand with a small smile, gazing right back at kurt, and the look almost got a little intense.

"alright, uh— we released our first album a while ago, it's called bleach! it's a really punk rocky— almost metal album, it has one pop song so don't get surprised—" kurt trailed off. "we have a gig tonight, pilgrim heights area. don't remember what the bar's called, so—"

"how about i just give you my number? you can call me later tonight and tell me where it is, i'm pretty sure i can make it," dave smirked suggestively, sitting up and reaching for his back pocket; a pen. it was a pretty smug way to give someone your number.

kurt grinned, probably getting the memo and nodding. "yeah, sounds good. i'll figure it out."

dave hummed and grabbed a napkin, tearing it and quickly scribbling his number on it, even signing it with his name and a fucking heart before passing it over towards the blond, who gladly took it, not before quickly looking at it though.

seeing the heart, kurt smirked and equally suggestively looked up at dave, shoving the piece of the napkin into his pocket. "so, dave, what do you do in your spare time? other than being a barista boy, of course."

dave arched a brow, shaking it off and locking his eyes with kurt's, resulting in pretty intense eye contact. "i drum for this band called scream, but we're splitting soon so i'm pretty much jobless except for this job i have here."

kurt's brows arched again, eyes widening. "you? you're a drummer?" he repeated, as if he didn't believe it at all.

"hard to believe? i can prove it to you someday, i'm a hard hitter," the brunet winked, chancing another once-over at kurt.

it's all turned into shameless flirting by now.

"i believe you, but i might want some proof too," kurt played along. "i'll call you tonight for sure."

"yeah, you better. i really wanna hear bleach now," dave chuckled. "is there like a cd i can buy or something?

"yeah, we've got records and cds. it's subpop shit, should be easy to find. it's a black and white cover," kurt explained."

"i'll keep an eye out for that for sure."

kurt nodded and smiled to himself, not realizing how fast he had finished his coffee.

"refill?" dave suggested, wanting to keep talking to the blond.

"no, i think i'm actually gonna go now. it's getting pretty dark and shit— we gotta rehearse too," kurt sighed.

"i see. well, you've got my number, call me when you find out the bar name," dave nodded, grabbing the empty coffee mug and standing up. "or if you just wanna talk, whichever one is fine with me."

"i'll keep it in mind for sure, thank you," kurt crooned softly, standing up and zipping his jacket up. "seriously, thanks for everything."

"stop thanking me, i haven't even done anything," dave chuckled.

not yet, he thought to himself right afterwards.

"whatever, i still feel like i'm in debt or something," the frontman snorted. "to your priceless advice!"

"forever in debt to my priceless advice," dave hummed sarcastically, rolling his eyes as he walked back to the counter. "i'll see you around!"

"yeah, see you tonight— hopefully."

and kurt made his way out of the coffee shop, venturing down the snowy sidewalk, all the way back home.

dave decided to give up on his shift right then and there, eager to see kurt again, probably just to keep going with the hopeless flirting or whatnot, maybe it'll actually go somewhere.

———

my writing has gotten so lazy lately lol sorry B)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 204 25
[ Dave Grohl ♡ Kurt Cobain ] All that can go through Dave's head is, "Why?!" - After seeing Kurt's condition. It worries the brunet so much, will Ku...
3.4K 117 25
[ Dave Grohl ♡ Kurt Cobain ] The year is 1994. Kurt is on the verge of giving up. Nothing seems to enjoy him anymore. Yet Dave is here, and will do a...
3K 158 35
[ Krist Novoselic ♡ Kurt Cobain ] ~TW: Substance abuse, argumentative behaviors, but will resolve into fluff.~ :) (1991) Kurt is keeping his addictio...
4.3K 137 25
[ Dave Grohl ♡ Kurt Cobain ] (1991) Kurt Cobain has suddenly gone missing. And Dave is worried sick on where he could possibly be. Read to find out w...