The Battle of Bonds

By TimFiaXYZ

What happens when Ash finds himself in the middle of a war? Stuck between two sides, both hurting his friend'... More

Chapter 1: A Beginning Conflict
Chapter 2: Two Paths...
Chapter 3: The Tears that Drip
Chapter 4: The Airport
Chapter 5: A New Friend and Escort
Chapter 6: Relaxation Day?
Chapter 7: Friendship in Hard Times
Chapter 8: Night Bandits
Chapter 9: Stay Safe!
Chapter 10: I Choose...!
Chapter 11: New Allies
Chapter 12: A Mother's Duty
Chapter 13: More Chaos
Chapter 14: Little Girl's Dream (Double Special!)
Chapter 15: Plans
Chapter 17: Wanted...
Chapter 18: 3,000+ Years
Chapter 19: Different Hearts (Valentine Special!)
Chapter 20: The Thought (1K Special)
Chapter 21: The Forgotten
Chapter 22: Thieves
Chapter 23: Splitting Up...
Chapter 24: Contradicting Foes?
Chapter 25: When the Tree Falls.
Chapter 26: Confronting an Old Friend.
Chapter 27: The Painful Rematch
Chapter 28: The Oak Tree
Chapter 29: A Bloody Golden Battle
Chapter 30: A Rioting Bond
Chapter 31: Interwoven Fates
Chapter 32: Birth of The New World

Chapter 16: Merry? (Christmas Special+ New Year Special!)

786 15 8
By TimFiaXYZ

This is 100% canon to the story! Also, would like to say Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays(I know this came out late! But still!). If your reading this in the middle of spring... Happy Easter... Or if you don't celebrate Christmas, have a very nice day. Anyways, on with the chapter! Also! The song is there just because it Accumula Town! It's a joyous theme that I couldn't find a fitting Christmas remix of! Oh well, now enjoy the chapter! -TimFiaXYZ
Ash(POV)
After 5 hours on the flight, we had finally made it to Unnova. I slept for the most part, but I was dreaming of good memories. We had arrived in Accumula Town which had a recent airport built there, and immediately everyone looked at us. I heard some of them booing at us. "Look! It's Ash the Traitor!" Some guy yelled. I wasn't too surprised. Going into this I knew people were going to be mad at me for choosing this side. I stayed close to Gold as Gary got distracted by girls. Pikachu has shocked some people who approached me. Officer Jenny was trying to keep them calm, but they were overcrowding her. A kid ran up to me and Gold. It wasn't Fia, but he seemed to be around 7 years old. "M...Mr Ash... C...can... I have your a...autograph?" He asked me while shaking pretty fast. He handed me a little paper, but soon his mother came and tried to drag him away. "Malvin! Don't go near that man! He betrayed our side! We're going to get some revenge on him later!" She told him. The kid totally didn't believe her and wanted to break free. I whispered for Pikachu to use an iron tail on the lady. Soon, she got a direct hit and grew mad at us. "Leader Ash! Your in our territory now! You can't control us!" She shouted while her son who was on the ground cowered in fear. I felt Gary rush back to my aid, while Gold's first tighten as he was gripping my shoulder. The lady sent out Lilligant and used Petal Blizzard. Charizard came to my aid and burnt the whole blizzard to the ground with a powerful flamethrower. I sent out Swellow to get a super effective brave bird on the lilligant. To finish it off, it got air slashed. Gold walked up to her and threaten, "Don't Mistreat your children like that. It's your son, and you want to get the best out of him. So take care of him would you. He didn't want any harm, only an autograph. Leader Ash would never do anything bad to a child. E V E R... Only if he got mind controlled by an evil organization like Team Rocket." I handed the kid his autograph and the kid thanked Me for everything I had done to make his life better. They soon left after I handed the autograph. "The nerve of some people." Gary whispered to me.
      We finally left out the airport into Accumula town. We realized that it was decorated in Christmas. There were lights and tons of ornaments everywhere. "Welcome to Christmas in April! We are having a sale on Christmas Cookies down that street! Make sure to enjoy yourselves while your here. We will be hosting a tree lighting ceremony with Red having a big announcement for us all tonight! So stay tuned for that!" A random Lady told us. She gave us some Christmas hats and left. That to us was awkward, but we walked toward the town. It was weird because there was no snow on the floor, or at least we thought. "Guys, it says starting at 5:30, it's supposed to snow! Like, have a big snow storm!" Gary told us while our mouths dropped. That's some bad writing tools right there if I ever saw one. There were clouds beginning to come in, and they looked mean. It was a little cold out too, I will admit. Pikachu was shivering, and I was wearing my heavy snow jacket. It was odd seeing it this cold in April!
When we actually got into the town, many innocent families were hanging out and talking. This was apparently an event they had started recently where they celebrated Christmas earlier than everybody else. The reasoning was unknown, but it felt like it really was Christmas. There was a giant tree in the center of the town. The building had tons of lights and ribbon around them. Little booths that contained toys and gifts were also there for people to buy. People stormed the streets as they were gonna gift it to my father tonight according to some folks walking down. We headed into a nearby forest to set up camp. Red didn't allow any team to enter their region, but here I was invading him. We set up some tents for us, and let our Pokémon out. I did leave some back in Kalos to watch the place, but I mainly kept them all. "Sooooo... do we have a plan to deal with what army here? Obviously we take over the whole region, but in what order?" Gary questioned us. "Let's wait for it to be put into motion for us, then react on what they do to counter attack. We say we do stuff, but we need it in action!" I told them. We talked of what we want to do, now is the time we achieve it! Talk is cheap! And with that, we began to head back into town. It was now 6:28, and snow was coming down on us at a good rate with no end in sight. The ground was already covered, and people were in very heavy snow clothes. Gold himself was freezing. For a guy who loves a girl named Crystal, he seems to be inexperienced with how cold this world can get. The announcement was at 7, and people kept staring at me. None of them were hostile, just confused on why the Leader of Team Ash was here. Pikachu was on guard the whole night as he gave them a death stare to every person. We walked over to a large stage set in the middle of the town, and we stood in the crowd. On the stage was a lady in a sparkling Christmas dress. Next to her was Iris who was in champion clothes and was looking pretty serious. "Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome to Christmas in April! We know it is weird to celebrate Christmas early, but Accumula Town had a weird forecast with snow today. Not to mention, with the war, we might not be able to celebrate with loved ones. So here is cheers to early Christmas!" Said the lady. The whole crowd flared up from these words and started shouting. Iris was able to calm them down. She seemed very confident with Dragonite at her side that she could handle anything. "Ahem! Today! Team Red would like to share with you some IMPORTANT news about the war! This is our gift to you! This will be presented by none other than our amazing leader: Red!" She announced as Red walked up. He stood proud with his Pikachu at his side.

"Your Father creeps me out, Ash. I think he might of seen us here. We should leave." Gold whispered while Gary agreed. "We can't! They are announcing something crucial that we must hear and report back." I told them. The crowd was now silence as my "dad" began to speak. I took out my rotomphone and began to record everything. My Father's Voice was very ill yet smooth. It felt unfamiliar. When he spoke before, he was very confident and proud, but now his voice was getting chopped. He couldn't say a sentence without shuddering! "People... and Pokémon... I thank... you for coming... out here. As... my champion... said... we have something to announce..." The light shone on him as the snow fell. Then, in a VERY deep voice, he dramatically said,

"Too bad you'll never know what I was gonna say...
Leader Ash Ketchum is in the crowd as we speak...
Seize him now! We can make him regret his choice!"
That's when the light blinded us and people stared at us. Soon, tons of Pokémon came out and were ready to attack us. "Guys! Run! Hurry! We have to escape!" I yelled. Soon, hundreds of attacks came flying towards us. Thankfully, my Pokémon that I had defended us. Pikachu zapped anyone in our way, while the other dealt with the crowd. Greninja, Blastoise, and Explotaro dealt with incoming attacks. We all ran. Red could be heard chasing me. As we were about to escape, a dragon pulse was shot in front of us. Iris confronted us while riding her Dragonite. "Leader Ash! Your in MY territory now! You shall be punished for your sins! For being such a kid and not choosing this side!" She said with such confident. Her Dragonite was about to thunder punch me, but got blocked by Charizard's Dragon Claw. "Iris! I don't want to hurt..." I was saying until I got interrupted by her saying,"That's Champion Iris to you!" I rolled my eyes and Gold Facepalmed. "Whatever! Listen. Your still my friend deep down. Your only supporting him because you were upset when I roasted you back when Charizard returned on my team. Thinking he was a dragon type. Pfffff. Now your on a team with a guy who has an almighty Charizard. I think you need to reconsider." I told her while the crowd gasped. Soon, Iris pulled on her hair and started to scream. "Your just some Kid! I can beat you! I am the champion of this region! Your just a loser who hasn't won a league yet! You dream too big! What even is a Pokémon Master!?"
Iris: Dragonite! Use flamethrower on the mat annoying child!
The hot flames burned the snow as it pasted. I got protected by Greninja, and soon dragonite met up with a dragon claw. It stood strong. She had grown since the last time. Gary was dealing with Red, while Gold was dealing with the crowd. I was alone for this battle, but I needed some action of my own.
Ash:Charizard! Dragon Pulse! Make it combine with a flamethrower.
The large purple beam rushed towards the dragonite. The flamethrower made it spin as it spiraled towards the dragon. It got blocked with Dragon Rush, but it still took some damage.
Iris: Dragonite! Use Ice Beam and freeze this thing to below 100 degrees!
The beam of pure ice quickly made the air even colder, and if it hit, it would've definitely wiped out Charizard's Tail. It was not to mention a really fast beam, and it was about to make a direct hit. Iris must've know this would kill Charizard if it hit. I was gonna rush, but Pikachu covered Charizard using a Thunderbolt. "Thanks Buddy!" I yelled at him. "HEY!  NO FAIR! YOUR USING TWO POKÉMON!" Iris said while her face turned hot red. Not from blushing, but from pure rage.
Iris: DRAGONITE! USE ICE BEAM ONCE MORE!
This time, Charizard instantly countered with Flamethrower which easily overpowered the Ice Beam. Dragonite dropped to the ground and was out. Red was now stomping over to Iris. He ignored Gary and me, and picked her up. He once again was hurting her. She was a follower of him, but all he did was bully her back.
"That's twice in a row you pathetic piece of garbage! You've lost way too many times! How are you even a champion! I've never seen you win! How can you say that this is your territory if you can't defend it!" My father scolded as tears fell down into the snow. He was abusing her at this point. I was going to attack him, but Gold put his hand on my shoulder. His words echoed in my head from the last time Iris was getting hurt. I couldn't lose control of myself. Iris was thrown back into the floor and Red walked away. Before he left, he gave me a warning. "My Pathetic worthless Son. NEVER INTERFERE with my regions Again! You hear me! If you do, I will end you and your hopes and dreams! I'll crush them into dust! You'll never escape an endless loop of despair and sadness. So don't try to stop me!"
Gold nodded as he let go of me, and soon I stared him down. "Ha! You take me a fool, Father! Your threats won't work! I am determined to end you and your reign of power. You've started this war to hurt and for pain. I will NEVER let anyone suffer just because of your beliefs! Because of your tantrums with our family! That isn't fair to many! To many lives! I will end you!" I yelled. Gold smiled and Gary gave me a thumbs up. "If you want nobody to suffer, you should've joined me on day 1. Ignore your mother's protection and obey with what I wanted with you." He replied. He soon walked away and disappeared within the snow. The crowd stared at us, and we left. Iris still cried on the ground, and as much as I wanted to help, I couldn't. She should've chosen to forgive us. Show us mercy. We left into the forest with nobody seeing us.
We all were pretty silent when we got back. We tried to wrap our heads around what had just happened. Nurse Joy had followed us back here, and she healed all of our Pokémon. She also healed some scratches we had gained too. She asked us why we were even here in Unnova anyways. "Well... that's classified information, but just know we aren't doing anything despicable that may cause the destruction of the earth." I told her. She seemed relieved to know. She left around 9:42 P.M. That's when we heard loud bangs in the sky. A variety of colors bursted and slowly glimmered as they fell and disappeared. They lit up the sky, and you could hear crowds of people screaming with excitement. "Heh. These fireworks make me think it is New Year, even though we are far from it. I'm glad there is still some joy in this world." Gary joked as we all watched the fireworks begin to slowly rise into the air. Some were in the shapes of Pokémon, others were representing Christmas. None the less, we did enjoy this quite a bit. It brought some hopes up. The thought of a New Year always cheers me up. "Hey! What are we gonna do now? I'd say a lot of people know where we are." I said to Gold and Gary as they continued to look up. They didn't respond, so I just forgot about it. Honestly, why am I worrying about it. I should relax while I can. So with that, we all slowly began to fall asleep. I remember seeing a firework in the shape of Pikachu before I fell asleep...

Okay! I know this is late! As a sorry note, here is a non-cannon scene that I present to you! I wish you a happy new year to all of your loved ones, and I hope this year brings joy to you. Enjoy!
Ash(POV)
Ash was in Lumiose City wandering the streets. He was waiting for the fireworks that would go off. That is, until Dawn approached him and grabbed his hand. They began running towards the tower. Ash realized that he forgot about the party, and now he had to find something. Luckily, he packed his costume in his bag. Well, he didn't, Greninja technically did. Now he was rushing to the party.
      "Come on, Ash! We are going to be late to the party!" Dawn yelled as we were running. Tonight we were going to a Christmas party that was also to celebrate the New Year. Everyone of my friends would be dressed in costumes for the event, and I was already dressed up as Santa Claus. Pikachu wore a little sweater that said Happy Holidays. Bulbasaur too wanted to come, so he wore a little hat. Dawn took photos before we were rushed out of the house.

(Yes, these are my plushies. Dressed them for this.)
Now we were at 5:54 at night running to what Dawn Calls the Christmas Ball Dance. Piplup was encouraging us to keep moving, and the cute penguin was wearing a little Christmas hat. "Ash! Come on! You promised you'd take me to the dance as friends!" Dawn yelled as I was growing tired. I ate some Kalos Sweets at a nearby Cafe. I was running on a full stomach! I had Greninja come out and carry my bag for me. Even with the bag, I was still struggling. Meanwhile, Dawn was running really fast, but she still made sure not to ruin her outfit. She herself had brought a bag to give to everyone at the party. She said I would be the last to get a gift. That bag was about the size of a Blastoise! It was towering over her, but she kept pushing on.
Finally, after running endlessly, we had arrived at the dance. We hid behind a few trees to make sure we were prepared to walk in. I forgot to mention that not only all my friends are here, but also just people. They all came here to dance under the Arceus Chandelier. That thing shines so bright it's like a dazzling gleam. Dawn, May, and Serena were all gonna perform tonight for the crowd, and Dawn was a little nervous. I made sure everyone was prepared, because when I walk through that door, everyone was gonna stare. After all, I am the Champion of Kalos (Ash won the league, but he still went to Aloha and won there too. He just gave the title to other people when he travelled. He still is Champion of those regions.) Everyone wants to talk with me and ask for some tips. Heck, I have to battle Sawyer tonight, and maybe even Paul! Tonight will be stressful, but pretty fun! With everything in check, I walked with Dawn as Friends to the front door. There was a red carpet, and a security man standing with a red rope at the front. People were freaking out when they saw me, and tried to grab me. Officer Jenny watched them, but some went beyond her. That's why Greninja is out, just to stop people like these. I need some security! The party was already getting guarded by my Pokémon, Greninja was chosen to protect me. "Ah! Welcome back to Kalos, Champion Ash. We have missed you! Everyone has been awaiting your arrival. Also, top coordinator Dawn of Sinnoh has arrived. You both have gotten escorts that have been assigned. Ash will go with Kalos Queen Serena as that was what was most popularly voted to happen tonight, and Dawn with Top Coordinator May of Hoenn. They are in the lobby waiting your arrival." Said the guard who unattached the rope to let us in. "I guess this is it. Nice running with you Ash! I'll see you later on tonight!" Dawn said while running to find May. Now I was alone with just Pikachu and Greninja at my side. Bulbasaur was already at the party as entertainment. "Where do you think Serena is?" I asked my Pokémon. "Ash! There you are!" Said a soft sweet voice. I turned around to find Serena dressed in a gorgeous red dress with Braxien and Sylveon at her side. "Serena! How are you? It's been a while!" I greeted her. Her face grew a little red, of course she was blushing. "I'm fine Ash. It's been going quite well here." She responded. With that, she put her arm around mine as we formally walked towards the ballroom. Nobody was out in the lobby. I guess they already are inside. Pikachu and Sylveon walked in front of us, while Greninja stayed by my side. Braxien too stayed by Serena. I was confident they would steal the dance floor later. The halls we walked down were filled with Christmas lights, and the red carpet was rolled out for us. It was dark, but it had some charm to it. Serena leaned on my shoulder, I knew she would miss me when I left.
       Finally, the door to the ballroom was in front of us. I could hear chatter of all the people inside the room, with some classical music in the background. "Alright, get ready to get stared at like crazy. Everyone will look this way. They've been waiting all night for this, let's not keep them waiting. In we go!" I told her. The red on her face had disappeared. There were guards at this door too. They opened them dramatically, and soon everyone saw us. "Kalos Queen Serena and Kalos Champion Ash have arrived! Please welcome them!" Said the guards as trumpets began to play. The people began to cheer and clap for us as we walked in. Pikachu and Sylveon were ahead of us, and they were acting all cute. We still had our Pokémon at our side, but people were yelling for us. "Ash! You look so nice tonight! We love your outfit!". "Serena! We love everything about you Serena! Your the best!". There was a big stage at the back of the room, kinda like the dance I went on with Miette. We walked towards the stage, and took a seat on a throne like figure. The room was decorated with tons of Christmas lights everywhere. There was a tree in the middle of the room with tons of presents at the bottom. The ceiling had a dome where the Arceus Chandelier stood. It sparked the whole room. Giant Candy Canes were acting like pillars. Tons of people wore red and green dresses and tuxedos. There were a few who wore ugly sweaters, and some who dressed like me. I saw my Pokémon with badges signaling the people around. Charizard patrolled the air, while many of my aces patrolled the ground. "Ash! Heard you became the First Champion of Aloha. How does it feel?" Said Diantha who was in her usual attire. "I feel like the same person. Maybe a little more complete with my goal." I told her. She smiled and walked away. We were actually special guests here. I wanted to just be an average person, but we weren't. "Aria! How's it going!" Serena shouted towards Aria who was dressed in a nice White and Yellow dress. She winked at Serena with a peace sign and walked away. "Ladies and Gentlemen! Welcome to the 2019 Christmas New Year Party! Tonight, we have prepared special activities for all of you. The first one will begin shortly, but first... Champion Ash Ketchum! Please come towards the Christmas tree." Said Professor Sycamore. He was wearing a Garchomp Costume. I stood from the throne and walked down. Pikachu and Greninja followed me, and some people fainted as they watched me. I now stood in the middle of the room next to Professor Sycamore. "As you have saved the world countless times, we the people of Kalos want to gift you something. We hope you enjoy it." He said handing me a present. I opened it slowly, and inside was a little music box with Me, Greninja in his form, and Pikachu statues on top of it. On the side, it had pictures of all my Kalos Pokémon. "Would everyone please be silent so we can hear the music box itself!" I let Pikachu twist crank, and it played:

The crowd cheered as it played. It was adorable. "Thank you! This is an Amazing Gift!" I told the crowd as they cheered louder for me. With that gift, the party started.
       I was finally allowed to do whatever I desired. I finally met up with my friends. I walked over to Iris who was talking to Cilan. "Ash! You've grown so much from the last time! I can't call you a kid anymore." Iris greeted me. "How's your progress with dragons coming along?" I asked her. She smiled and nod her head up and down. "Your fans have good taste. They were even nice to us!" Cilan told us. Soon, a crowd formed around us. My Pokémon had to come to my side to control the crowd. Sceptile and Greninja led me to the stage. Cilan and Iris were now  waving to me with a smile. "Man, I have crazy fans." I told Greninja who chuckled a bit. Pikachu was showing off with Bulbasaur near the Christmas tree. They attracted a whole crowd who were entertained. I saw my mother talking to some of my fans. She came to support me, while my father hadn't arrived. He said he would come, but I have no hope he will. I decided to head to the food area where Clemont and Brock were cooking. I pushed through the crowd, and finally I arrived at the food area. The aroma of food overwhelmed me. "Hey Ash! I knew you would eat. Here's some Jelly-Filled Donuts along with some New Year Noodles I prepared. As for your Pokémon, there are some berries and Poke-puffs over there." Clemont said while Brock cooked in the background. I took the plate and thanked Clemont. "Oh! And Brock wanted to gift this to you. He said it'll help when it rains." Clemont said while handing me a Frying Pan. I burst out laughing, and tears were slowly coming out of my eyes. Greninja grabbed it for me, and we headed back to the stage. Charizard cleared the crowd, and arrived safely without me falling on my face. I ate the food, and it was SO GOOD! Best I've had in a while. It had a homemade taste to it that many places don't have. With that, I felt like heading into a food coma, but I couldn't fall asleep until midnight and the new year comes. "Greninja, make sure I don't fall asleep tonight! I may be tired from today, but slap me if you have to." I told him. He gave me a thumbs up.
       It was now 8:00, and many events begin now. The first one being a battle between me and another person. Many people raised their hands, but I didn't get to choose. "Everyone! Please Settle down! We ran a poll to see who Ash would battle, and the results are in! The Champion will Battle Gym Leader Misty!" Professor Sycamore announcer as the whole room turned blue like the oceans. A projector made bubbles appear on the wall, and a silhouette of Misty appeared. "Just because your my friend doesn't mean I'll hold back! I've been training to beat you! So Come On Champion! Let's see if you can beat me on a 1 v 1! No holding Back!" I heard Misty say as she came in riding a Tentacruel. She was in a nice Christmas Mermaid Outfit that suited her well she jumped down and posed. The crowd fired us and chanted for her. She flicked her hair and grabbed a Poke Ball. All attention was on us. "Prepare Yourself! Come on out my Blue Beauty!" She yelled as she threw her Poke Ball in the air revealing Gyarados. The ballroom had shifted as this building is worth like 5,000,000 Gold. It can change this room into a battlefield of any kind. It got changed into a water field and Gyarados had the advantage. I didn't really have a counter to this, so I sent in Charizard. The crowd gasped cause they knew I was at type disadvantage. Even Misty laughed because this was a stupid move. Fortunately, I had a secret weapon. With that, the Battle begun.
Misty: I'll let the Champion with Type Disadvantage go first!
Ash:You'll regret it! Charizard use Flamethrower! It landed a direct hit on the Gyarados, and it took some damage.
Misty:Heh! Not Bad, Ash. But watch this! Use Hydro Pump! A beam of water rushed towards Charizard, and missed. It hit a false wall to make sure the room doesn't get destroyed. People cheered as they saw Charizard dodge.
Ash: Time for my secret weapon! Use Thunder Punch! Charizard's Fist glowed bright yellow as sparks flew from his fists. Misty grew scared. Gyarados saves itself by using Dragon Tail.
Misty: That was close! Let's go for an Ice Fang! It's mouth emitted a cold aura as it swam quickly towards Charizard. "Send a Flamethrower towards its mouth to melt it!" I yelled. It sent hot flames at the mouth and the Ice fang was cancelled.
Ash: Dragon Claw! It once again got countered by a dragon tail.
Misty: "Time to turn the tides of this battle!" She revealed in her hair her Mega Stone. "My beautiful water Pokémon. Unleash your aggressive anger and Mega Evolve to your Full potential!" The beams of light spread across the whole room as it began to change. It had finally became its Mega Gyarados.
Also Misty:Now! Use Rain Dance! The whole Battlefield underwent heavy rains. This scared me since Charizard's Tail might go out.
Ash: Charizard! We gotta end this fast! Use Thunder Punch! He rushed in at full speed and got a direct hit.
Misty:Hehe! You fell for our trap! Now use Hurricane! Soon, Charizard got engulfed by a hurricane that was powerful the wind nearly blew me away. All I saw was a little Red within the hurricane.
Ash: "Charizard! Are you ok!" I yelled out for my Pokémon with no response. When the hurricane ended, Charizard fell into the water and didn't move. I freaked out. "Charizard!" I completely forgot about the battle and jumped into the water with Greninja. My outfit was off as I was currently in my Kalos Clothes, but I needed to find Charizard. I fear that his tail will go out. I swam deep into the water holding my breath as long as I could. I searched for him, but it was too dark this far down. That when Greninja pointed out a little red light that was falling deeper into the water. He was falling way deep into the water which was actually really deep. His tail was still lit, but very weak. I grabbed Charizard and tried to swim up, but it was no use. He was too heavy to lift. Greninja even tried, but even that was no use. His tail was so weak, and it was about to go out. I was ready to give up and cry down here, until more light emitted. I looked over to Greninja to see him glowing. It grew way bright, and soon water disappeared from down here. It shot into the air. Greninja grabbed my hand and put it on Charizard. With that, we together pushed him upwards with all of our strength. With every push, we got further. It was as if Greninja was growing stronger the more determined I got. We pushed hard and swam together towards the surface hoping Charizard would be ok.
Misty(POV)
      What Have I done!!! This Battle had just got out of hand! I thought of why Ash even chose Charizard in the first place, but knowing Ash he had a plan. I went with it, but after that Rain Dance Powered Hurricane, I worry about Charizard. Its Powerful, but that Flame is what scares me. As soon as he dropped in and Ash went in after him I cancelled the Rain Dance. I called medics to help Ash and Charizard when they get back up. I knew if he were to save Charizard, he would be very weak. I was gonna jump in, but I saw a strange light appear from the water. Water shot into the air and there was air in that spot. Water went over that spot, but I questioned what that was about. The crowd freaked out and cheered on. Whatever Ash did made the crowd go wild. They began to chant Greninja over and over again. The Water Ninja did follow Ash in, but what could it do?! Gyarados was currently behind me so it doesn't hurt Ash. That's when I realized something major...
Ash(POV)
       I was losing my breath, but Greninja made sure I could breathe by getting rid of nearby water. Charizard's Tail was so weak, and he seemed to have past out. My legs hurt so much, but Greninja kept pushing, and I couldn't let him down, especially since we were connected right now. We both had to be in sync or else. That's when we did it. We had made it to the surface. The crowd cheered upon seeing Greninja in his form. They chanted Ash-Greninja for quite a while. We pushed Charizard on the side to land. Medics immediately surrounded him and gave him what seemed to be a heat blanket. They fed him some liquids and other stuff. Misty ran towards me and yelled my name. That's when everything went black.

3rd Person(POV)
       After Ash saved his Charizard, Misty ran towards him to help him get out. She had a blanket to warm him up. She was gonna snuggle with him and show him how special she was. That was the plan... Our Hero fell back into the water with his eyes shut, and he didn't move. Many people gasped and were freaking out as Ash was falling fairly fast. Misty was about to go save him, but Greninja stopped her. He jumped back into the pool to save his trainer. He swam as fast as he could to catch him. When he caught up with him, he put his trainer in his arms. He slowly swam back to the surface being as gentle as possible. When he swam to the surface, he jumped straight out of the water with grace and landed it.

(BTW, this is my absolute favorite photo! There is just something about it. Credits to all of these artist! These look amazing. I can't draw like this.)
The crowd jumped to their feet and clapped for Greninja. He gently put his trainer down on the floor. The medics surrounded Ash. "Is he breathing?" They checked his heart, and it still was beating. The medics didn't know what was wrong with him. That's when Greninja slapped him on the face. Ash was now freaking out on what happened.
Ash(POV)
      I went from going black to getting slapped by Greninja which stung more than Misty's Hammer. "Greninja! What was that for! That hurt!" I asked while everyone sighed. He pretended to be sleeping, which made me realize I fell asleep in the water from pushing Charizard with all of my energy. Now I was wide awake from the slap. "Ohhhh! I get it now! Thanks buddy. I'd be dead without you, along with the whole world. Your the highlight tonight!" I told him. He picked me up and let me lean on his shoulder. I was very wet, but Charizard had used a flamethrower on me. Now I was warm. Speaking of Charizard, he was back to normal again. His Flame was now in good health. "Ok! Let's continue our battle!" I yelled while many people facepalmed. "Ash! Are you Crazy! You nearly died along with Charizard and you want to continue! Are you insane!" Misty shouted. Charizard roared as he stared at Gyarados. The battle was up and running again, and I was really determined to end Misty.
Ash: Charizard! End this with one move! Use Solar Beam! Go high above near the light! Ge flew near the chandelier and began to charge up.
Misty: "Ha! That move takes time! I win! Gy..." Gyarados got hit by the Solar Beam instantly, and fell. It had fainted with one hit. The crowd's mouths dropped and they were confused. Charizard roared over the whole field. "How did you charge the Solar Beam so fast! Are you cheating?" Misty questioned. "No! I was just using a field of advantage." I said pointing up towards the light. "Incredible! Ash used the Arceus Chandelier to his advantage as it is like a mini sun! What a strategy!" Said the announcer. I saw many trainer's eyes light up with inspiration. Charizard shortly returned to his post. Misty shook my hand, and she had to deal with a crowd. Meanwhile, I had to deal with a crowd of my own. People were interested in everything! Myself, Charizard, mainly Greninja. That's when they all got splashed by Greninja who made a pillar of water surround me and him. People back away, and we kept moving on.
      When we got to the stage, I sat down in my seat in relief. I was exhausted, but I stayed awake. 9:23 was the time now, and that was only the first battle! I have another battle at 9:50. Now, the ladies were battling. Diantha vs Aria was interesting, and Aria had some cool tricks, but Diantha still dominated. Alain vs Paul was AMAZING! That was the best battle so far all night! It was action packed! Every hit was so frantic, and even Charizard X couldn't handle the Electivire Paul had. He has grown so much! It actually ended in a close draw! The techniques they used were so complex and cool. They all effected everything. The Last battle that I didn't have to fight was Gary vs Sawyer. Man, Gary has had a secret Blastoise! It held up well against Sawyer, but Sawyer has won with style. His strategy was well played too. Wear out Blastoise to lower its speed. Make it slower to lower its defense. Well played. Now, my final battle against Professor Sycamore was about to begin. The battlefield was average now, but I was tense about this. I knew he would Mega Evolve Garchomp, but who to send in. People chanted for Greninja to fight, but I knew he was tired. I looked towards Pikachu, but he too was tired from performing for the people. I had no clue on who to use. That's when Greninja walked in front of me with a thumbs up. Of course he wanted to battle it. He did save it on our first day, he wanted to see how much it had grown. Greninja wasn't currently in his form, but I could feel his heart begin to beat faster. The crowd was so excited, and I could hear Serena cheer for me specifically. When the whistle blew, Garchomp flew right up to us and used Dragon Claw. Of course Greninja used a Night Slash before it actually hit. They both got knocked back. None had taken too much damage.
Sycamore: Use an Earthquake! Make it slower! The floor began to break as it rushed towards us. "Greninja, use a double team and used a Night Slash on the ground so you can create a counter." I commanded, and soon the field was full of Greninjas. He created a shockwave to stop the Earthquake, and smoke covered the field.
Ash: Greninja! Use an Aerial Ace within the smoke. I couldn't see what happened, but I did see a sky blue color appear within the smoke. Not to mention I heard Garchomp roar. When the smoke cleared, Garchomp had scratches on his body.
Sycamore: Heh! Not bad! Try this! Draco Meteor! The Dragon sent a flaming ball of rock into the air. It broke and soon rocks flew down form above. They were all flaming hot as they fell, and would hurt majorly. "Hit them all with a water shuriken and do a Greninja Rock Climb like you did in the second Gym!" Greninja summoned about 20 version of himself and fired upwards. They soon began to jump from rock to rock jumping ever so higher. "Wow! What an interesting Strategy! Never would pull that off in a million years. Garchomp! Fly upwards to use a dragon claw!" Spoke the Professor. Garchomp flew with fast speed right up to Greninja. "NOW! Use Aerial Ace!" The two attacks clashed with each other, and created a powerful shockwave. The two both were on the ground again.
Sycamore: Seems like we are no match for you currently. Let's fix that. He pulled a key stone from his pocket. Garchomp had his around his neck, and soon purple lights began to glow. "My Friend, Mega Evolve so we can prove how strong we truly are!" Professor yelled. Greninja gave the Serious look and prepared his battle stance. That's when we heard glass break from above. A hot air ballon was above us, and three claws came down. The tree had fallen on the stage, and soon Pikachu, Garchomp, and Greninja had been snatched. That's when the villain revealed themselves.

"Prepare For Trouble!"
"And For the New Year is upon us"
"To Protect..."
"OK TEAM ROCKET! WE DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR SPEECH ANYMORE! JUST GIVE US BACK THE POKÉMON AND LEAVE BEFORE WE SEND YOU BLASTING OFF AGAIN!" I yelled furiously at them. Ruining the whole mood of the party made me want to strangle them more than ever. "Tsk! One, you interrupted us. Two, no! We will not return these powerful Pokémon! One of them is Mega Evolved, another is extremely powerful, and the last one is special. We can't let this chance be wasted." Jessie said while James laughed. "Pikachu! Use Thunderbolt to break free!" He listened, but it got sucked up. "Heh! We are smarter than last time, Twerp! Using this powerful electric attack, we can pressure you. Do anything silly, and your precious Kalos Ace can get fried to make some frog legs." Meowth said while I freaked out. "How dare you abuse a Pokémon like that! You monster! That's even worse!" Professor yelled. "No! Let him get hit! Guys fire your attacks and break free! Don't worry about Greninja, he'll be fine." I told them. Everyone had a shocked face. "Ash! Electric Moves are effective against Water. He might get hurt badly!" The crowd told me not to, but I had a plan up my sleeve. "The twerps gone insane letting his ace get hurt by his most trusted partner!" James said. The Pokémon tried their best to break free as they were put into a cage. Nothing they did could break them free. "Charizard let's go break them free! Come on!" I called as I hoped on his back and flew up towards the balloon. "Fire the Lightning! Let's show them how terrifying we can be!" Jessie said. James sighed and pulled a lever. When that happened I flew up to glass cage where Greninja was held. He was obviously concerned for his state. The electricity was flying through, but I whisper to him and put my hand. "Buddy, I believe in you. Prove to them your real power, and that no matter how far they take us apart, our bonds will always be above theirs." People were screaming in horror, and I felt my heart getting faster. "Cmon pal, I need your help. Don't let them take advantage of you because of your type. Let's show the world the power of Ash Greninja." I told him. That's when the glass began to crack slowly. "That's... Impossible! He can't break out with Electricity! No way!" Meowth yelled. He pulled the lever as hard as he could and the electricity came down more. I could hear him begin to scream, but I felt him become more determined. The glass cracked even more than before. It was about to shatter, and soon a water pillar appeared. The glass broke, and soon the water began to form a bubble. I jumped onto the air ballon, and stared down Team Rocket. "Do this the Easy way or Hard way? You choose your fate now." I threaten. They sent out their Pokémon, and I sighed. "Fine, let me show you to never mess with Ash Ketchum Again. Greninja, please deal with them and teach them." I said. Greninja's Bubble disappeared revealing that he had no injuries, and he was in his form. The Pokémon they sent out got one-hit KO by a Water Shuriken. Greninja stood next to me, and Team Rocket were feared into a corner. "No matter how many years pass by, and no matter how far apart I am from my Pokémon, you will never win. Nothing can beat our bonds. Now flee from my sight! Greninja cut open the cages." I said dramatically. The cages broke instantly. Charizard popped the balloon, and it got sent flying towards the moon in the distant. Me and Greninja jumped off and I rode back on Charizard. Greninja used his shuriken as a paraglider. We flew back on the ground. The Chandelier was saved by Sceptile, and the tree was put back into place by Sawyer and his Sceptile. We landed, and Serena ran up to me. She hugged me as she cried. "Ash! I thought I was gonna lose you! Not to mention I was so concerned about Greninja! How did you even know it would work!" She cried. I gave her that look that she knows so well. She stopped a crying and backed away. With that, I continued the battle. Our Pokémon were fine, just a little tense after that last battle. Besides, Greninja wouldn't miss a battle for the world (that was not meant to be taken literally). He wants to finish what he started.
Sycamore: Ignore that event, let the battle continue! Garchomp! Use Poison Jab! The Garchomp's Fist was full of Poison as he flew straight up to him. I snapped my fingers, and soon Greninja took his water shuriken off his back and used it to guard himself. The shuriken became more purple the more he used it as a shield. When the poison was gone, Greninja landed a hit on Garchomp which sent I flying.
Ash: Wrap this Up! Greninja! Use Double Team, and send a barrage of Water Shurikens towards Garchomp! The Greninjas filled the air, and were all charging a water shuriken.
Sycamore: Ha! Checkmate Ash! Use Draco Meteor. The skies fell with Meteors as all the Greninjas got hit. "HA! I won against the Champion!" Sycamore celebrated. That's when I snapped my fingers. "Or so you thought! Now Greninja!" I said while Professor Sycamore's expression changed. A bright red glow appeared behind Garchomp as he got hit directly with a Water Shuriken. Of course he fainted. Greninja finally changed back as he collapsed on the ground. I rushed to his side to pick him up. I let him lean on me. We shook hands and headed to the stage which survived the tree. The battles were now over, and it was now 10:34 P.M. We began the Dance part of the Party. The one where it is formal and isn't chosen. You got to choose the entire time. I got the whole floor to myself. I danced with my mother as I owe her everything she did. We dance gracefully, and Greninja watched from distance. I wish it lasted forever, but it couldn't have. After that, everyone danced. Many wanted to dance with me, and all of my female companions were fighting over me. In the end, Serena was the lucky one as she fought for my decision of letting me choose. She was so happy, and many people watched us. The Arceus Chandelier hung above us, and it sparkles her dress. We danced for quite some time, but after that we had to dance with a Pokémon. That was nerve racking! I had brought no female Pokémon with me! I was first to dance, so me and Serena had an easy solution. Have Serena dance with Greninja while I dance with Braxien. Many people loved this as we both danced. And my prediction came true, cause when the music that played for us stopped Greninja danced with Braxien. They stole the dance floor and the lights dimmed for them. Pikachu and Sylveon also took this advantage. The performance was sadly cancelled since May got injured, but we didn't mind it. I don't need her to get hurt even more. Many people did have fun signing her cast. Now we had to wait. We put some music on, and danced for the rest of the time. I talked to some fans, and just had fun.
The clock was now at 11:59 P.M. We were waiting for the fireworks to go off. Ten seconds to go
10. We all yelled towards the sky
9.The lights dimmed
8.Music went silent
7.The moon sparkles into the air
6.Out hopes and dreams of the future came
5.A tribute to those who couldn't make it today
4.With the stars above us, we thanked Arceus
3. We all clapped with excitement
2.We all smiled and reflected what happened
1.We got close to a loved one and yelled:
HAPPY NEW YEAR, AND A HAPPY NEW DECADE!
I jumped with Pikachu in my arms, and confetti slowly fell on us. Greninja stood close to me, as he threw streamers on us both. The crowd of people were all jumping up and down, and I stood on the stage. I grabbed a nearby Microphone, and turned it on. "Ladies and Gentlemen! First off, HAPPY NEW YEAR! Secondly, I wanted to tell you my Revelation since a lot of people asked me this. I thought hard about this, but all of them just gave me a headache. I eventually came up with the decision with Pikachu at my side. My goal for this year is to explore the Galar region! I want to know their way of life, and all the new Pokémon that live there too. I will be traveling again, so forgive me for staying so shortly. I hope you all are going to be happy this year, and Champion Ash will head out soon. Good Night Kalos. With that, I headed out with Greninja at my side. I wanted to celebrate with my Pokémon somewhere special. Everyone formed a line, and waved goodbye to me. I left the building.
        Here I was doing a pretty reckless thing. I am climbing Lumiose Tower currently. I wanted to watch the fireworks at this point of view. The spot at the top is the best spot to be. I was almost there, and Greninja was waiting for me. When I got there, I laid out a blanket for us to sit on. We sat there watching the Fireworks. "Greninja, Happy New Year. I'm sorry for everything that happened tonight, I hope you can forgive me. That move I did with Team Rocket was kinda dumb, and was a big risk." It told him. He put his hand on my shoulder and hugged me. I told him something he wasn't going to forget:
"No matter what universe or alternate reality I may be in, I will always have a special spot for you. No matter if I've been abused or abused you, I will always have that bond. Never forget, pal." Pikachu joined the hug, and we continued the year on.
The End of The New Year Special
Authors Note: Phew! Ok, this came out WAY too late. Wanted this to get posted before 2020, but I was too late! Sorry for the delay, but been celebrating with family, and didn't have too much free time. I promise you there will be more in the future. Btw, up to this point there has been a total of 50,306 words! That's crazy! That count will go up with this year, but I hope you liked this chapter. Also, the non-cannon part was my Christmas Gift to you and an apology letter. I know it took up a majority of this chapter, but I wanted to write a little story for this new decade. I didn't want to write a one-shot, so putting it here was perfect. Anyways, I hope you have a good year, and the next Chapter will be out soon. The word count for this Chapter is 8740 words...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75K 1K 30
Ash decides that Greninja has been away for too long. So he goes back to Kalos (Secretly) and finds Greninja. Will he ever find it? #2 in #Ash-Greni...
221K 2K 23
Ash Ketchum have traveled 6 region and participated in many league but never able to win.after the close loss in kalos league Ash have been unusually...
181K 2.1K 14
Ash Ketchum is betrayed by those who he once considered friends. His mother disowns him saying he brought shame to her name. Pikachu was killed by Tr...
150K 1.6K 29
You may think everyone lives in a happy ending, you may think that everyone and everything will be okay. But you are very wrong, the world is a painf...