Forever Yours

By Jay_Lay_Cul

"Sometimes I doubt if you love me at all, because...not once have you stood up for me... it's not like I'm as... More

Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 1
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Epilogue

Chapter 2

23.1K 313 15
By Jay_Lay_Cul

Michelle made a call to the cleaning agency and they sent some workers to come clean up the mansion. She gave them directions and instructions to follow concerning each room in the house. While she was at it, her phone started ringing. She looked at the caller ID, it was her mom, so she dismissed the workers to go ahead with their various tasks.

"Hello, Mom,"

"Hello, honey. How are you doing?" Her mom asked when she heard Michelle's voice.

"I'm fine, Mom. What about you? You don't sound so good." Michelle asked when she noticed how low her mom's voice was.

"I don't feel so good, honey. I think I caught a cold."

"You know what? Don't move. I'm on my way."

"Honey, you don't have to worry. I'll be fine."

"No, Mom. Just hang up now, I'm coming over."

Michelle quickly ran upstairs to her room and went straight into the closet to get something to wear. After some minutes of searching, she settled for a denim jumpsuit and platform heels. She picked up her purse and car keys and left the mansion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thank God it was only a cold," Michelle said while coming out of the hospital with her mom.

"I told you there was nothing to worry about." Her mom replied.

Michelle's mom, Leah Stewart is a 50 years old woman with blonde hair and blue eyes. She is quite exquisite with fair skin and doesn't look her age. Michelle got her looks from her mom.

Leah Stewart

Michelle drove her mom home. Her mom lives in a white and grey beautifully built traditional bungalow. She had a couple of maids that attended to her since she lived alone. When they arrived, Michelle asked the maids to prepare breakfast because they hadn't eaten anything before leaving for the hospital. They had muffins and hot chocolate for breakfast. After having breakfast, they went to the living room.

"How is Derek?" Her mom asked.

"He is fine, mom. I was doing some cleanup before you called."

"Really? And why is that?" Leah questioned.

"We're expecting Nathan, Derek's elder brother in a couple of days."

"Oh, I see."

She was about to turn her attention back to the TV when her mom asked,

"What about you and Derek?"

Michelle didn't understand why her mom asked that. She thought she just told her that they were both doing fine.

"What about us?" She questioned back.

"Honey, you both have been in this relationship for over four years now..."

"And?..." Michelle asked trying to understand what her mom was driving at.

"And you guys aren't saying anything about taking your relationship to the next level. You're not even engaged yet... What is going on?" Leah sighed and then continued.

"I mean, if the both of you are sure about how you feel, then what's the delay?"

"We aren't in a hurry, Mom."

"Right," Her mom replied with sarcasm.

"Look, Michelle, I know that you two love each other but you aren't getting any younger... Have you taken the time to think about that?"

"I have, Mom... But that doesn't matter," She replied.

"Okay. What about Rebecca?"

"What about her?"

"Has she accepted you as Derek's girlfriend?"

Michelle's face dropped at that question. Rebecca, Derek's mom has never liked her one bit, although Derek isn't worried about that, Michelle is. She can't understand why after all these years Rebecca still doesn't like her. She isn't comfortable with the fact that the woman who would someday be her mother-in-law hated her to the bone.

"Not yet." She sadly replied.

"Don't you think that's the reason Derek hasn't said anything about your relationship?"

Michelle rolled her eyes at that, wondering where her mom was getting all this imagination.

"We're fine with our current status." She told her mom.

"Are you sure about that, honey?" Leah asked with a skeptical look.

After that question, Michelle wasn't so sure about her reply. She began to take into consideration all her mom had said. She concealed her thoughts with a smile, not wanting to go further with the conversation because she didn't want to start having doubts about Derek or what he felt for her.

After spending some more time with her mom, when she was certain her mom was feeling better, Michelle went home.

The house was spotless just how she wanted it. She took off her clothes and went into the bathroom to shower. While in the shower, she kept thinking about what her mom told her earlier. She was aware of the fact that Rebecca hated her but she hadn't ever thought that that could be a reason why Derek hadn't taken their relationship to the next level. Although she wants that so badly, she doesn't want to question him about it or push him into doing it just because she asked. She wants Derek to propose out of his own will when he is ready.

She got out of the shower with a towel around her and went into the closet to get something to wear. She wore a navy blue T-shirt dress and headed for the kitchen to make dinner before Derek got back from work.

She decided to make Lasagna and strawberry smoothie for dinner.

While making dinner, Derek walked into the kitchen.

"Hey," He greeted wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Hi," She replied with a smile and turned around to face him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

She gave him a slow and passionate kiss, he smiled into the kiss and said,

"I love the aroma."

She smiled and gave him a quick kiss before turning her attention back to the meal she was preparing.

"How was your day?" Derek asked.

"Fine. I took my mom to the hospital."

"Why? Is she okay?" Derek asked with concern.

"Yeah. It was only a cold."

"Are you sure?" He asked to be certain because he cared about Leah since she was like a second mom to him.

"Yes, babe. There's nothing to worry about."

After that, there was silence between them, not an awkward silence.

"I can see the house is spotless,"

"Yup! The cleaning agency sent some workers over today."

"Are you that excited about Nathan's coming?" He asked.

"Yeah. Do I have a reason not to be? I miss him... You know he's a close friend." She said putting off the stove and walking over to Derek, who was now sitting on the island chair, placing her arms around his neck.

"Mmmm," Derek only exclaimed.

"You know what?" She continued.

"I'm thinking of having a little welcome party for him,"

Derek raised an eyebrow at that.

"Is that necessary?" He asked.

"Yeah," She happily replied.

"Aren't you starving?" She asked changing the subject.

"I'm famished."

"Good then. Go upstairs, take a shower, and come down for dinner."

"Why don't we shower together?" He asked with a smirk.

"Nope. I just showered a while ago,"

"No, you didn't." He abruptly carried her over his shoulder.

"Derek, stop! I need to get the table ready." She said feigning to be upset.

"We can do that later." He replied and carried her upstairs.

Here is Chapter 2
Don't you just love these two😍
Drop your comments on this chapter and please don't forget to vote😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 224 30
[complete] #2 "This isn't amusing. You're smiling, and your face is all bruised and bleeding. Is that not putting you in more pain?" Ren shifted on h...
1.1K 49 17
𝑮𝒂𝒃𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂-𝑵𝒂𝒊𝒍𝒆𝒂 (6) "She's dead." "Dead? What does that mean?" The young girl asked with morbid curiosity. "It means, she isn't here...
53.2K 991 27
He doesn't know how much he's breaking my heart right now. "Trinity, I don't know how to show you how much sorry I am." He states, rubbing his face...
9.9K 195 10
|| MATURE THEMES || "And you say "Did you even notice, that I, began, to bleed?" And it all goes out of focus, and I hear you start to scream. Help m...