Always With Me (Book 2)

By msnikkistar

She had loved him for years, but he hadn't loved her enough. Now Damien must prove to her that instead of ne... More

Prologue
[1]: Haunted
[2]: Faith
[3]: Doubt
[4]: Control
[6]: Townie
[7]: Impatiently waiting
[8]: Red Dress
Author's Note
[9]: Only Rockstars Party Harder
[10]: To New Beginnings
[11]: I Promise
[12]: Sunrise
[13]: Loyalty
[14]: Unraveling
[15]: It Starts and Ends Here
Epilogue

[5]: Siblings

36.9K 1K 266
By msnikkistar

A/N: This chapter will be written in both Leilani's and Damien's POV.  Side note, some people have asked me how Leilani's name is pronounced.  Lay-law-nee
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

         We were finishing up the last of our lunch.  It had been a semi-quiet affair, as we had eaten.  Every once in awhile, I would watch her spoon something in her mouth and my lust would spike.  She would notice it, and a pretty blush would appear on her face.  I couldn't help myself.  I could just envision what that beautiful mouth of her could to to my body.  I had my own personal porn running through my mind most of the time she was around me.  Hell, most of the she wasn't there either.  As terrible as this sounds, this had been the longest time I had ever been celibate in my life, and it was both a pleasure and a pain. Pleasure in the fact that I would wait for her, and a pain that I hadn't.  Just one of many things I had to make up for with her.

"So Damien... I was thinking of heading into town today."

"What for? Do you need something? I can get whatever it is you need."

"No, I don't need anything.  But I just thought it would be fun."

"Fun?" I ask quizically.  Not understanding how it would be fun.  There wasn't much in the nearest human town.

"Well ya... I mean, I haven't been in ages."

"There isn't much there." I stated confused.

"Sigh, Damien... I literally haven't left our lands in over a year..."

"Why not?"

"Well because. You know."

I wanted to smack myself for messing up, yet again.

"Oh right.  I guess I just assumed.  Nevermind.  Do you want me to come with you?"

"No it's okay, I know you are busy."

"Still, I don't like the idea of you going by yourself.  I will send Alex with you."

        I watched as she scowled for a bit at the mention of his name, and I couldn't understand why.  Had they had a fight of some sort?  I hadn't heard anything.  Then again, it wasn't as if Alex was really speaking with me right now.  So even if they had, I wouldn't have known it.

"Alright, fine."

I watched as she got up from her seat, walked around my desk.  Leaning down, she placed a kiss on my cheek.

"Thank you for lunch Damien.  It was nice."

"No, thank you.  I love you, little one."

        I watched as she gave me a small smile, and a quick nod of her head.  Before leaning down oncew more, and placing a small kiss on my lips before righting hersel.  I watched as she walked out the door.   I hadn't noticed she hadn't said the same three words back to me until after I had summoned Alex via pack link to meet his sister in the front.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Leilani's POV]

"Wait up Lei!" I heard Alex shout while running out behind me.

        I felt him use his hand and grab my upper arm, stopping me.  I really should have told Damien for someone else to come with me.  I really didn't want to talk to Alex right now.  I was still angry with him.

"Hurry up Alex, let's go." I said, while wrenching my arm out of his hand.  A look of confusion on his face.

        I hurriedly started walking to the passenger side of the Black Tahoe the pack owned to drive into town.  But quickly changed direction to get into the driver's seat.  I had never actually gotten the chance to use the driver's license I had earned when I was 16.  Never really having a reason to drive anywhere before.  At seeing me climb into the driver's seat, Alex opened the passenger side door.

Looking at me, he stated, "Uhh have you ever driven before Lei?"

"Nope, but I plan on right now."

"I don't think that is such a good idea, Lei."

Giving him an angry look, I stated, "I don't care what you think.  I never have driven, and I never would have.  So I am now."

        He didn't say another word, and just climbed up into the passenger seat, and placed his belt on.  I climbed in after that, and did the same.  Cranking the engine on, and shifting the gears.  I left the driveway, and headed to town thirty minutes away.  

Five minutes into the journey, I heard Alex say. "Lei, talk to me."

        I looked up into the rear view mirror at him.  Not wanting to turn my head as I concentrated on driving.

"Talk about what?"

"About whatever this is between us."

"I don't know what you are talking about Alex.  The only thing I see between us right now, is the arm rest of this car."

"Don't be a smart ass Lei.  Talk to me."

"I don't know what you are talking about Alex." I said through gritted teeth.

"Lei, I know you are angry with me, and I don't know why.  Just talk to me.  We always use to be able to talk.  I don't know what I did.  Just tell me, for God's sakes, Lei!"

        I abruptly stomped on the breaks, causing both of us to jerk forward from the speed at which I stopped the Tahoe.  Slamming the car into park, I turned to face Alex.

"Oh so you want to talk now Alex?  You want to talk?  Where was this talking for the last two years?" I ask, and watch as he flinches.

"That's not fair, Lei.  I tried talking to you, you shut me out.  I would have helped you if you had just talked to me."

"Bullshit, Alex.  That's just a lame excuse and you know it.  Yes, you were there, but you really weren't.  Enough to worry about me, yes.  But you never took the time to find out what was actually going on with me, did you?  And I can't really blame you, you found Abby.  I understood that, and I didn't want to burden you with it.  But it's not like you put any REAL effort in finding out what was really wrong with me, did you?  No, you just sat there thinking I was sad about not finding some make believe mate.  You went on with your life."

"Lei it wasn't like that!"

"Then what was it like Alex?  Cause from my seat, that was exactly what it was like."

"I  just, I just... I thought that.. I mean... I'm sorry Lei. I never thought."

"That's right Alex, you didn't think." I said, my anger dying down a little, and I sighed.

"Look Alex, I know I may seem to be unreasonable right now.  And I know some of the fault lies on my shoulders as well.  But you need to understand that I felt like I was suffering alone.  I didn't tell you everything, and I get that.  I left you in the dark on so much that was going on with me.  But you could have been there more.  I would have told you everything, if you had just pushed me a little.  But you never did, Alex.  And it makes me angry.  You're my brother, my only family left, and you didn't even try." I ended in a sob.

"I'm so sorry Lei.  I wish I had.  I wish I had known.  I know this seems a little too late, but please.  Tell me what you hid from me.  I need you to tell me, so I can help you move on from it.  So I can understand what's happened to you.  I may have been blind before, but I am trying to correct my mistakes.  If we are ever going to fix this rift between us, you have to tell me everything."

"You're right Alex."

        I told him my story, all the way from the beginning when I found out Damien was my mate.  The tale weaving around corners, peaks of highs, and lows.  I told him of the voices, the pain, the anguish.  I told him of the Fallen, the book.  I told him everything.  It took me at least forty-five minutes to explain everything, and as I did, I stared out of the window behind him.  Not really seeing anything, but reliving each moment.  Each memory slicing my heart freshly.  I told him of my thoughts on the last days we had spent together.  How happy he had made me.  Everything came pouring out of me.  Everything I had hidden and kept to myself for two years.  I couldn't hold back the torrents of words once I had opened the dam.  As I finished my tale, I looked at him.  His eyes red-rimmed, his cheeks tear stained.  I hadn't seen him cry since our parents' funeral, and to see him doing so now, shocked me.

"Oh God, Lei.  I am so sorry.  So sorry you had to go through all of that by yourself.  So sorry I didn't pay enough attention.  If I had known, I would have been there.  If I had just not been caught up with my own life.  God, I'm sorry." I heard his emotion laced voice say.

"I know Alex, I know.  You know I love you right?"

"If I had any doubt in it before, I don't now.  I love you very much sis." he said, as he leaned into me for a hug.

        We sat there for what felt like an eternity, just embracing each other.  Trying to heal the rift this had caused in us.  Trying to move past it.

His face pressed against the side of mine, I heard his voice become angry.

"That motherfucker, he put you through so much.  I will be damned if he does that to you again.  I won't let him get the chance to even come near you."

        I pulled away from him then, and patted his cheek lightly with my hand.

"Alex, that's not possible."

"Yes, it is!"

"No, Alex. As much as Damien has done to me, I love him.  He's my mate."

"So what!?  He hurt you Lei."

"Yes, he did.  But I have to give him a chance."

"Whatever, at least don't make it easy on him. And I swear I will rip his throat out, Alpha or not, if he hurts even one hair on your head.  And I still don't have to like that asshole."

"Dear brother, whenever have you known me to take the easy way out?"

"Damn, I almost feel sorry for the poor bastard.  Keyword, almost." I heard him say chuckling, as I turned the ignition on and started driving to town.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

236 59 13
Kali's mind has never been the same as other people, the way she thinks, how she sees things. Most things seem darker than they actually are, her min...
20.6K 789 36
She's a heartless girl, he's a werewolf who is madly in love with her, but she rejects him. What if the moon goddess gives poor Tyler another chance...
225K 3.1K 45
A sequel to A different side of Twilight Breaking dawn, after the entire vampire and werewolf feud with the Cullen family and the Volturi, Jacob, and...
94.8K 3.2K 38
"I made a promise to you, do you remember it?" "Yes, and I also remember telling you to never make a promise you can't keep." In which two best fri...