The Gunslinger: Rising of the...

By Outlaw_Hunter

Y/N, a teenage boy visiting Japan in the summer, he comes across a book in a shop that will change his life f... More

Chapter 1: The Book
Chapter 2: A New Journey
Chapter 3: A Companion?
Chapter 4: Trust
Chapter 5: The Day Before
Chapter 6: The Wave of Catastrophe
Chapter 7: Dueling Pistols
Chapter 8: A New Member
Chapter 10: The Cowboy
Chapter 11: Catastrophe Returns
Chapter 12: Problematic
Chapter 13: Breaking Point
Chapter 14: Truth Revealed
Chapter 15: Close Call
Chapter 16: Judgement
Chapter 17: Judge and Jury
Announcement

Chapter 9: Help

12.9K 280 46
By Outlaw_Hunter

It has been a few weeks since Y/n, Sistine, and the little dragon had seen any signs of Naofumi and the other heroes.

Over the few weeks, Y/n and Sistine had watch the little dragon grow rather quickly. He didn't seem to be fully grown, but just enough where he could carry one or the other when needed. The dragon also kept his playful personality, which was helpful for Sistine at nights when she missed her home.

Y/n decided to name him Toothless, it seemed fitting for him. Though it looked like Toothless was closer to Sistine, Y/n had a great bond as well.

The trio was currently sleeping in a wooded area, far from any major country. Sistine's head was laying on Toothless' stomach, while the dragon curled up around her. Y/n propped himself on a rock and had his cowboy hat tilted down to cover his eyes.

However, a noise had awoken both Y/n and Toothless. Y/n quickly grabbed his pistol and cocked the hammer back.

Rustling through the bushes nearby, two individuals had appeared, both startled to see an unfamiliar weapon pointed at them and a dragon ready to maul them down. They quickly raised their arms up in defense.

"W-wait! We are just passing through to get to our village!" One them stated. Y/n had a cold hard gaze fixed on them.

"Please, we mean no harm" the other one pleaded.

Y/n waved his gun off to the side signaling for them to go on, Toothless started to growl as well.

One of them walked away immediately, but the other had to take a second look at Y/n.

"Y-you wouldnt happen to a cardinal Hero wouldn't you? The one where the spear hero was beaten by?"

Y/n looked back to the person and nodded. "But calling me a cardinal hero is a stretch. Motoyasu had that ass whopping coming for him."

"I cant believe it! Jay! Look! He can help us and the village!"

This Jay person looked relieved to see a hero in his presence. This spark Y/n's curiosity.

"Now wait just a damn minute" Y/n spoke while standing up. "What do you mean by that?"

Jay, who looked exhausted, came a bit closer towards Y/n, but Toothless shot up quickly, making Sistine fall back and hit her head. She woke up and rubbed her head.

"Easy boah, I dont think they're here to harm us" Y/n gestured Toothless to stand down.

"Owwww" Sistine rubbed her head. She opened her eyes to see Y/n looking at Toothless and two unknown men looking really nervous now. "What's going on?"

"Well, these two fellers came walking through and it woke me and Toothless up. One of them recognized me as a hero and have claimed I can help their village."

"It's true! A hero can help us!" The unknown man replied.

Y/n crossed his arms, "One of ya is named Jay, but I haven't been given your name and what exactly I can do to help ya and your village."

"I've stated Jay's name and mine is Gen, we were out scouting the area." Gen replied.

"Okay, but what can Y/n do to help the village?" Sistine questioned Gen.

This made both of the younger men lower their heads.

"We were seeing of any signs of a magic user that has murdered a few of our people" Jay answered.

"Wait what?" Both Y/n and Sistine replied.

"Its true" Gen continued, "We're one of the stronger ones in the village and they had sent us to scout the area for any traces of such."

Y/n shook his head and placed a hand on his hat with the motion. "Deeply sorry to hear that had happened to your people. Mind telling when the last attack was?"

"This morning, we've been out all day searching." Jay replied.

"Oh no" Sistine covered her mouth.

"Take me to the village" Y/n stated. "I'll do whatever I can possible to help you all. Even if it means I have to kill this person."

Both of the villagers looked at Y/n with astonishment and relief once more. They gestured for them to follow to the village. Toothless picked Sistine up with his mouth and put her on his back.

"So, basically what you're about to do is bounty hunting" Sistine spoke to Y/n. Y/n only nodded to her.

"Yeah" he replied a few moments later. "I dont like it, but someone willingly killing others is something that's not forgivable. Doesn't matter if I like or not, the person receiving the ass whopping sure as hell ain't going to like me"

Y/n clenched his fists in anger, "Funny how people can treat this as a game. It ain't no damn game that's for sure."

Y/n Gunslinger Level 37
HP:1380
MANA:1100

Sistine Fibel Mage Level 31
HP:1050
MANA:900

Toothless Dragon Level 24
HP:750
MANA:500

Time Skip

Even though it was pretty late, when the group entered the area, a few people ran up to check on their people. They also took notice for the two people and a dragon entering the village.

Two women ran up and gave Jay and Gen a hug and kiss.

"Please tell me you're okay" one of the women asked.

"I'm fine," Jay replied. "We had no traces, but we did find one of the cardinal heroes!" He turned to show everyone Y/n and the others.

"He doesn't look like a hero. Look at him. He has nothing that signifies him as a cardinal hero." One of the male villagers scoffed. He clearly wasn't buying that Y/n was a hero.

"Yea, calling me a cardinal hero isn't really the correct term. I'm more of someone that has to make sure that three idiots and one, who actually has a brain, come together to save this world." Y/n replied while shrugging his shoulders.

The male individual got quite upset over the smart reply by Y/n. He was about to go face to face with him, but Gen stopped him in his tracks.

"Wouldn't do that if I were you, if what everyone has been saying is correct, his duel with the Spear Hero was nothing to him. He's here to help, this is really our only hope to end what has happened for the past few weeks"

This made that individual lower down in sadness over that last part. He backed away, while the others of the village started to come to the entrance of the town.

"Wow" a few people said at the same time.

"Uh, this is new" Sistine whispered to Y/n, "they look more amazed than curious to know you, Y/n"

"Yeah" Y/n observed the area, "not really your typical hero"

"Look at the dragon mommy! I've never seen one that has looked like that!" A younger child yelled in amazement.

This made Toothless pick his head up and smile. He then proceeded to hang his head high to boast himself.

"Or they are interested in Toothless. Ya know, Dragons are soooooo much more interesting" Y/n rolled his eyes. This made Sistine laugh a little bit.

Everyone's chatter was stopped when they heard someone new coming. They all made a path and bent over in respects of this new person coming to see what was all the commotion.

"What seems to be the problem here?" The new person spoke. He was an older gentleman, had some night clothes on, while covering himself up in a robe.

"Cheif Masao, this here is a hero, one that helps us in the wave of Catastrophe. Gen and I happened to run into him and his party on the way back. He said he would help us out" Jay replied, he wanted to continue, but everyone's heads fell in sadness, knowing what he meant.

"I see" Masao replied, "What is your name, great one?"

"Y/n, Y/n Black. This here is Sistine and the Dragon is named Toothless" Y/n replied tipping his hat.

"It's an honor Mr.Y/n, I've only see one other hero in my lifetime and that was quite some time ago. You don't look like the other cardinal heros, it seems like the old legend is actually true"

"The one where there's a fifth hero that is only summoned when the other four cannot come together? Yeah that's me. I could say unfortunately, but this has been one hell of a time." Y/n put a hand on his forehead in acts of having a headache.

"I see, I and everyone else here are very grateful that you are willing to help. Follow me to my stay, we can talk more. I'll have someone prepare some food for your party"

"You dont have to do that" Y/n put out his hands to shake in denial.

"It's the least I can do along with others, a very dark time has been upon us, and it seems that you're our only hope now" Masao bowed once more. He then gestured for Y/n to follow him. The trio walked behind the Chief to his house in the village.

Time Skip

Toothless was outside the house sleeping. When the party was treated with food, Toothless had a few young children come up to see him. He knew they weren't a threat, but instead played with them. Some pointed out his gums, which then quickly startled the kids when Toothless smiled with his teeth.

Inside, Y/n and Sistine just had finished the meal that the chief had prepared for Y/n's arrival and generosity.

"I cannot thank you enough, Y/n" Masao bowed in gratitude once more. At this point Y/n was getting a little annoyed, but knowing the circumstances, he knew it was only for the better.

"Theres no needing to give me thanks, I havent even found the person, let alone doing what needs to be done." Y/n replied.

"That is correct, and I will tell you everything now" Masao sat down and got in a comfortable position. He looked at Y/n and took a deep breath. Y/n noticed that Masao was having trouble to explain what has been going on for this village.

"As Jay and Gen have mentioned, we have experienced a crisis in our village. Over the past few months, we have had four accounts of murder by a high level mage." Masao started to explain, but Sistine and Y/n noticed his voice seemed to start cracking.

"And unfortunately this murder has not been seen at all when the crimes had been committed, so that has left all of us in more fear. We cannot find any trace of any kind, so it assumes that this specific individual is high rank in his magic abilities."

"May I ask who have been victims? If it's hard for you to give names or such, I completely understand" Y/n interrupted Masao. 

"The first account was made when a younger lady was washing clothes in the nearby creek. The last 3..." Masao took another deep breath, "have been my wife and two children." A tear fell off Masao's face.

"I'm- I'm so sorry" Sistine rubbed her eyes, she had tears falling as well.

Y/n clenched his fist in anger from this, but his attention was caught when Masao started to speak again, but this time tears were rolling down his face like a waterfall.

"My wife was the one who was the victim this morning. All I ask is somebody to give this person what they deserve. I want he or she to experience the pain I've felt and this village has felt for so long. Can you promise to do that for me Y/n? Bring back this person dead and I take a look at the person that has been tormenting us for the longest time."

Y/n looked Masao dead in the eyes and nodded slowly, "I will put an end to this Masao. I'll even bring the head of the son of a bitch back in a bag and let you see. I guarantee you that."

Masao smiled and it was genuine one that he hasn't done for a while,

"Thank you Y/n, thank you so much"

Well, well, well.......

Hold your fire! Or continue because I do deserve it. I do apologize for the extremely late update. I just couldn't get one idea I wanted to do, but now here we are. Something has clicked and I hope you all enjoy it, even though this isnt part of the anime (or the light novel I dont think), this is myself taking over an idea for a few chapters before a little fun begins with Wave number 2. *smiles devilishly* So tell me what you think!

Put that aside, I hope everyone has a great 2020 and one of my resolutions is to update on a better schedule, so I plan to get back to this book on a better schedule, because this is a very fun book to write and you all enjoy it.

With everything being said now, I hope you all have had a great day and until next time! Thank you all, you fellow Outlaws!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

213K 4.1K 34
(I DO NOT OWN THE RISING OF THE SHIELD HERO!) Lives Were Saved! Thanks To Y/N L/N, A Young Boy At The Age Of 17. He Had Done His Best To Save People...
2.8K 117 30
A Rising of the Shield Hero fanfic. When two gamers were chosen to change the course of different worlds to escape the boredom of reality, they go on...
19.6K 276 41
When two gamers were chosen to change the course of different worlds to escape the boredom of reality, they go on a crazy adventure through the multi...