Lover • Klaus Mikaelson

By LaurenG185

Ameliana Moretti was not an ordinary girl. She was the only person that Niklaus Mikaelson truly trusted. Unfo... More

Cast
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
A/N
Forty Three
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter ~ 1
A/N
Bonus Chapter ~ 2

Fifteen

18.7K 300 105
By LaurenG185

3rd person POV:

A priest is cleaning up a very run-down looking church when Rebekah enters and starts looking around. He briefly looks up at her before going back to what he was doing.

"Church is closed. If you want your horror fix, go take a ghost tour," The priest says.

"I don't much care for ghosts. I am, however, fascinated by window shutters. I've been on a town tour of them all day. I noticed the windows of your attic have shutters," Rebekah stated. 

"Are you really interested in shutters?" the priest asked skeptically. 

"I can assure you it's my current life obsession," she paused. "What's your name?"

"Father Kieran. And you are?" The priest replies .

"Mildly curious," Rebekah replied. Father Kieran sighs deeply as Rebekah notices a red stain on the nearby wall. "What happened here?"

"St. Ann's used to be the heart of the neighborhood. It's been abandoned for a while now... since the night of the massacre," Father Kieran said. 

Flashback 

A young, blonde seminary student in the church, who murders several other seminary students by beheading them with a scythe, before ultimately killing himself the same way, despite Father Kieran's pleas.

Present

"Nine seminary students were killed... by one of their own," Father Kieran said. "You're standing on blood."

"I'm not squeamish. Where's the attic?" Rebekah asks.

"Like I said, the church is closed," Father Kieran replies. Rebekah moves herself right in front of his face and compels him

"Where is the attic?" Rebekah asks again. 

"Past the sacristy, up the stairs," the priest says. 

"Thank you. Now, forget I was here," Rebekah demands. The blonde walks away. After a moment, Father Kieran shakes his head, as if shaking himself out of a daze.

***

Upstairs, Rebekah finds the attic and opens the door

"I knew it!" Rebekah cries. She tries to enter the room, but she is unable to cross the threshold, as though Davina has somehow magically revoked her invitation. In the doorway, she looks over at her brother laying in his open coffin. His eyes open and look toward her, and he uses his vampire telepathy to speak with Rebekah in her head, using a memory of them going to an opera in New Orleans in the 1880s as a backdrop. She is dressed in 19th century finery and standing in front of a horse and carriage, looking incredibly confused

"What the bloody hell?" Elijah approaches her from behind, smiling roguishly in his own fine clothing.

"Rebekah, language, please!" Elijah chastises.

"Elijah!" Rebekah exclaimed. Rebekah runs toward him and hugs him tightly before looking around them. "What is all this?"

"You don't remember? We went to the opera house together. It was your first full day back into New Orleans' society after Klaus removed the dagger from you. It's a memory that only you and I share. Also, I need you to know it's not another of Davina's tricks," Elijah explained.

"Well, how are you even awake?" Rebekah questioned.

"Davina removed the dagger, unaware that doing so even once would negate the dagger's power. In a few hours, I shall be as good as new!" Elijah said. 

"So, pop me into the attic and we can find a way to get you out!" Rebekah told him.

"I'm afraid I'm not quite ready to leave yet, Rebekah. This girl, Davina, she's... curious. Willful, too," he pours himself and Rebekah a drink. "Soon, I shall be able to speak to her, perhaps to even propose a truce of some kind. So, if we can end this war between the vampires and the witches, we'll be able to eliminate the threat to Hayley and her baby. Perhaps then Niklaus and our entire family can finally know peace. In the meantime, I need you to look after Hayley. She is our family now, so I need her and her unborn child to fall underneath our protection. Swear to me, Rebekah." He returns her back to reality, where she still stands in the doorway, looking at him in his coffin

"I swear," Rebekah tells him, and then turns to leave. 

***

Dr. Paige is giving Hayley an ultrasound, and she can hear the fetal heartbeat. The doctor smiles at her. 

"Your baby's heart rate is perfect," Dr. Paige said.

"I knew it. She's a tough one, like her mom," Hayley said, returning the smile. Dr. Paige chuckles and hands her a tissue to wipe the ultrasound gel off of her abdomen, which she does. As Hayley sits up, Dr. Paige notices Hayley's crescent-moon shaped birthmark on her shoulder, and she smiles tightly.

"That's a unique birthmark," Dr. Paige pointed out.

"We're pretty much done here, right?" Hayley asked, ignoring the doctor's observation.  Hayley gets a text from Rebekah, which reads, "Where are you?"

"Your blood pressure is a bit high, I've got something for it," Dr. Paige says. Hayley watches as she walks away, to where Agnes is waiting in the next room. She texts, "Bayou clinic with doctor" to Rebekah. Suddenly, a wolf howls loudly, startling Hayley. She gets up to look out the window and sees a car's headlights approaching, which makes her suspicious and anxious. Dr. Paige returns with her medication. 

"Ahh, you know, I'm-I'm actually not that good with pills," Hayley says.

"Heh, neither am I, truth be told," Dr. Paige sympathized. Hayley picked up on the nervousness in her voice, doing nothing to calm her anxiety.  Dr. Paige sets the medicine cup on the table and starts preparing something. A group of intimidating-looking men walk into the clinic and whisper something unintelligible to Agnes. Hayley turns around to see Dr. Paige preparing a syringe, and the doctor lunges at Hayley to inject her with it. Hayley grabs her arm and pushes it away from her, headbutts the doctor to disorient her, and then stabs the syringe into the doctor's neck, causing her to pass out onto the floor. When the men in the lobby see what happened, they run toward the door, but Hayley manages to shut and lock it before they can enter. One of the men rattles the doorknob as Hayley struggles to open the window to escape. When they finally get in, Hayley has already escaped and runs away from the clinic.

***

Outside, Tim struggles to unlock his car, as his hands are full with his fiddle case

"Hello, Tim," Klaus greets from behind the teenager. Tim just stares at him blankly. "I believe you and I share an acquaintance." He grips Tim by the shoulder and begins to compel him. "Be a good lad and help me send her a message." Cami and Davina are still inside Rousseau's, looking for Tim.

"Well, he couldn't have gone far, he just got off-stage a minute ago!" Cami reasoned. Davina sighs and blinks tears from her eyes.

"It doesn't matter, this was a stupid idea anyway," Davina said. 

"No, it wasn't! Davina–" Cami begins, but she's cut off.

"Just forget it," Davina says, running off. Klaus approaches Cami from behind and hands her a note.

"Tell her this is from one of the musicians. She'll want to leave, and you're going to want to help her slip out the back exit so Marcel doesn't see. Whatever you do, don't let her out of your sight." Klaus demands. Cami looks slightly annoyed, but when she turns around to talk to Klaus, he has already zoomed away

"Wait, Davina!" Cami calls. She runs to catch up with her.

***

Amelia was eating ice cream in her hotel room when her phone started buzzing. 

"Yes Rebekah?" She answers.

"I need you to come with me to the Bayou. Elijah made me promise to protect Hayley, and since technically you're her best friend, you get to help me," Rebekah informs her.

"I am, actually, her best friend so yes I will help you. But why do we need to go to the Bayou?" Amelia asked. 

"Because Hayley actually followed through with that witchy doctor's appointment," Rebekah said with distaste. Amelia smacked her forehead. 

"Are you kidding me!? I thought she was at least smarter than that!" Amelis exclaimed.

"Yeah, well obviously not. Come on, we have to hurry," Rebekah said. 

"I'll be there in a second," Amelia says. She shoved her phone into her back pocket, and then vampire sped to the Mikaelson Mansion to meet Rebekah. 

***

The men who raided the clinic are still looking for Hayley in the woods behind the clinic, and they pass her, not seeing that she's hiding behind a tree. She runs up to them and kicks the first man she encounters in the gut before knocking him to the ground. She jumps and kicks the second man down as well as she snaps his neck. A third man tries to attack her, but she grabs a knife from his hands and cuts his neck with it as she spins in the air. When a fourth lunges toward her, she grabs his shotgun and knocks him to the ground, and possibly kills him as she kicks him and beats him in the head with the butt of the gun. As Hayley crouches into a defensive position on the ground, her eyes flash werewolf-gold as she looks around for any more threats. A large, burly man descends upon her, but before Hayley can react, his neck is snapped from behind by Amelia, who has just arrived with Rebekah. 

"Have to say, I'm impressed," Rebekah said from behind the masked Original. 

"How did you find me?" Hayley asked. 

"Your text got me halfway, vamping here did the rest. Who are they?" Rebekah asked. 

"Witches. Warlocks. Whatever," Hayley told the two. Amelia notices more men with flashlights in the distance heading toward them.

"There're more of them. Run!" Amelia cries. Hayley reluctantly heeds her warning.

"If I had a dollar for every mess my family has got me into..." Rebekah muttered to herself. Suddenly, Rebekah is shot in the heart with two arrows, which temporarily neutralize her and she falls to the ground. Hayley sees her go down and watches in horror as Amelia suffers the same fate. 

"Amelia! Rebekah!" Hayley cried. Hayley is shot in the shoulder with an arrow, which seems to be coated in something that causes her to pass out and fall to the ground as well. 

***

Rebekah awakens in the woods of the Bayou after passing out from being shot in the heart with an arrow. She pulls out the arrows with a groan of pain and sits up to find five or more bodies surrounding her, all of which look as though they were mauled. She looks to her right to see Amelia waking up as well. Amelia looks around in horror when she doesn't see Hayley.

"What the hell?" Amelia says. She pulls herself to her feet gasping for breath. "Hayley? HAYLEY?"

***

Amelia is walking around and looking for clues as to where Hayley could be. Rebekah was watching her. Amelia sees the doctor passed out on the floor next to the used syringe. Suddenly, Klaus appears. 

"Wow! You abandoned your quest for power to help out your family! Having an off day?" Rebekah sneers at him.

"Who took her, Rebekah?" Klaus asks calmly. 

"I don't know," Rebekah told him.

"What do you mean, you don't know? And who killed her attackers?" Klaus asked, getting impatient quickly. Amelia rolled her eyes. 

"We don't know! We had arrows in our hearts. If it wasn't Hayley who killed them, then–" Amelia begins to explain. However, she is cut off by wolves howling in the distance. Klaus looks at her and raises his eyebrows. 

"Lovely. Maybe her cousins will know where she is," Rebekah says. Klaus follows the two women outside, speechless. When they exit the building, they see Hayley stumbling toward them, her clothes tattered and dirty. She looks dazed and exhausted as the two Mikaelsons, and Amelia run toward her.

"Hayley! What happened? Tell me what happened," Klaus demands. 

"I can't remember," Hayley says groggily. Klaus anxiously examines Hayley for any wounds

"You've completely healed. There's not a scratch on you," Klaus observes. 

"One of the perks of being a werewolf, remember?" Hayley informs him sarcastically. 

"No, not that fast," Klaus says. Amelia runs over to Hayley and wraps an arm around her protectively.

"Leave her alone! It's the baby. The vampire blood-- Klaus' vampire blood-- in your system. It can heal any wound," Amelia tells her ex lover. Klaus turns and stares at her incredulously.

"Your own child healed you," Rebekah stated in awe. Klaus smiles at the thought as Amelia turns the subject back to Hayley.

"How did you escape? You were outnumbered, unarmed? Those men were ripped to shreds!" Amelia asked. 

"I think it was the wolf. I think it's trying to protect me," Hayley tells them. 

"The witches were supposed to protect you! When I get my hands on Sophie Deveraux--" Klaus threatens. 

"It wasn't Sophie. It was Agnes," Hayley tells him.

"Fine! Agnes, Sophie, it's all the same to me! I'll slaughter the lot of them!" Klaus promises.

"And I'll help," Amelia added.

"Not if Elijah gets there first," Rebekah says. The others whip their heads around to look at her. 

"Elijah? Did you find him?" Hayley asked. 

"He's been in touch, and he has a plan. All he asks is that we take care of you," Rebekah informs them. 

"Hey, so... can we go home now? I'd really like to sleep for a few days..." Hayley says. She stands up, and Klaus nods with a smile. When she goes to walk, her knees buckle as she stumbles and starts to fall, but Klaus zooms over to catch her before she hits the ground and scoops her up into a bridal-carry in his arms

"Ooh, I've got you, love. I've got you," Klaus says. Rebekah, Amelia, and Klaus walk toward their car, Hayley still in Klaus' arms.

***

When they got back to the Mikaelson Mansion, Klaus immediately took Hayley upstairs and laid her in her bed. Amelia followed, and when Klaus left the room, Amelia stayed sitting in the chair in the corner. Klaus made his way downstairs and when he knew that Amelia was out of earshot, even for a vampire, he pulled out his phone to call Marcel.

"Klaus? What can I do for you, my friend?" Marcel asked. 

"I have some information that I can't get my head around," Klaus said.

"What's wrong?" Marcel asked. 

"Hayley was attacked by witches in the Bayou. Rebekah and Amelia went to help. But when I got there Hayley was missing," Klaus informed his old friend.

"Ok, what happened?" Marcel asked.

"I asked them who had killed Hayley's attackers and Rebekah told me that they had. So when I asked why they didn't know where Hayley was, Amelia told me it was because they both had arrows through their hearts," Klaus said.

"Ok, what's the problem?" Marcel asked. Klaus rolled his eyes. 

"Amelia had an arrow through her heart. If she were a regular vampire, then she should be dead. You would have been if it were you. But no, she's alive, why? How?" Klaus asked. On the other end of the phone Marcel ran a hand his face. 

"This just got a whole lot more complicated," Marcel said. "I'll have some of my guys look into her. Trust me Klaus, we'll find whatever she's hiding."

"I know we will. Thank you Marcellus," Klaus said. He could practically feel Marcel's surprise on the other end of the phone, and he smirked. He hung up the phone and turned around to see Rebekah standing there, arms crossed, and eyebrow raised. "What?"

***

Davina is touching Tim's broken violin in her bedroom, still upset from the night's events. She turns sadly toward her wind chimes in her window, and uses her magic to telekinetically make them play the song Tim played for her. She is startled when she hears a floorboard creak, and turns toward the sound. She walks toward Elijah's coffin when she suddenly hears Elijah's voice as he stands behind her, looking gray from not feeding for so long.

"It's all right, Davina. I don't mean you any harm, though I do think it's time we had a talk," Elijah said. Davina was at first surprised, but after a moment, she smiles at him, and he smiles at her in return

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for 2K reads! I just wanted to let you know that I'm very grateful for all of you. I'm also aware that I skipped the whole incident with Tim, Davina, and Klaus but it really wasn't important for this part of the story so I decided not to add it in. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed, and thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

234K 8.7K 24
☽ 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 ☾ ...
110K 2.9K 22
"she is alive but she isn't the same" in which the dead mikaelson comes back to life ▪▪▪ the vampire diaries - au [slow updates] started - March 14...
33.5K 643 49
"I'm glad you came, Alex. Like it or not, when one refers to the Mikaelsons, they're referring to you, as well. Tonight will allow you to make up you...
1.3K 34 14
Faith Mikaelson has suffered through a lot with the loss of her mother, Hayley Marshall, and her father, Klaus Mikaelson. She has grieved and is stil...