You Belong With Me (Luka Couf...

By churros_liz

(y/n) and Luka have been best friends as long as they could remember. Luka plays guitar in his little sister'... More

Best Friend's Brother
Mercy
To Know Him Is To Love Him
Replay
Satisfied
Shower
Lovestruck
Hero
Wings
I'm Just Your Problem
Ego Part 1
Ego Part 2
Boy Like You
Love Story
Yuukei Yesterday
Enchanted
Queen of Mean
Class Fight
The One That Got Away
My Happy Ending
Dance Tonight
Inferno
Creep
Oath
Wait For Me
Break Up Song
Perfect Harmony
Music Sounds Better With You
You Belong With Me
Extra: The Phoenix
Extra: As Long As I Have You
Extra: Finally//Beautiful Stranger
Extra: Sleeping Beauty
Extra: Say You Won't Let Go
Extra: Everything Has Changed
Extra Finale: Characters
Ending Note: Songs and Info
Author's Note: 100k?!?!?!
Author's Note: 400k?!?!?!

Freak the Freak Out

22.8K 1K 1K
By churros_liz

Luka watched as the studio got ready for your performance. It felt weird seeing another band appear out of nowhere to have you sing for them. He always thought that if you ever needed a band, you would ask Kitty Section. Maybe you did offer that but it was the studio that declined. No. The studio would have listened to you. So why did you not ask?

"I wonder what song (y/n) is going to sing," Calixte thought out loud.

"It surely won't be the one she planned on doing" Lucien crossed his arms over his chest. The two shared a small laugh before getting hit by Ruben. They looked at the upperclassman. He held a determined expression on his face. Manu stood next to him with a warming smile.

"It sure is exciting being here" Manu turned to his boyfriend. "You did well"

"Yeah, and now it's her turn" Ruben spoke in a calm manner.

"(y/n) will do fine. Stop acting like her father" Grace joked.

The group continued their conversation. Everyone was standing around the cameras and the stage, waiting for the performance to start. The moment the director shouted for everyone to get ready, Luka notice you walk in immediately. You walked with confidence and commanded attention. It was the complete opposite of how you usually are.

"She's so cool" Adrien commented. Marinette looked at him, shocked to see him standing next to her all of a sudden. She was so caught up in her conversation with the girls that she didn't notice him. The blonde boy was looking at you before turning his group of friends. "I didn't know you were friends with a rockstar and a hero, Juleka"

"She's more of a dancer than a rockstar, but there's no denying how multi-talented she is" Rose giggled.

"She's been a family friend since before I was born" Juleka nodded her head. "I didn't know that she was Phoenix, though"

"Well, that's the whole point of having a secret identity" Alya added. "We're not supposed to know"

The group laughed. Marinette stared back at you. You were talking to the band, most likely discussing the song. Kwan peeking out from your pocket. The little bird sensed her stare, turning to her. She smiled at the human girl, quickly focusing on her master's work. You held a serious expression. One that made you look mature than any other teenager in the room. Marinette wondered if you were hiding your nerves under that maturity.

She turned to see Luka and his group of friends laughing and chatting amongst themselves. Luka was smiling in silence at his friends' antics. After a second or two, Luka was no longer staring at his friends, but at you. His small smile had turned into a frown. He was deep in thought. The young girl can notice how worried he was.

"And we're back!" Alec grinned into the camera. "You've seen her dance. You've seen her fly over Paris with her wings of fire. Now you're going to see her sing her heart out. Please help me welcome once again, our burning hero, (y/n) (l/n)!"

Everyone in the crowd cheered. Lucien and Calixte held up that sign they made for you into the air, screaming your name. Luka stood in his spot, his smile coming back onto his lips.

The lights dimmed the moment the music began. The cameras panned over to you. With a deep breath, you began to sing.

Are you listening? Hear me talk, hear me sing
Open up the door, easy less, easy more
When you tell me to beware, are you here? Are you there?
Is it something I should know? Easy come, easy go

Nodding your head, don't hear a word I said
I can't communicate, when you wait, don't relate
I try to talk to you but you never even knew
So what's it gonna be, tell me, can you hear me?
(Hear me, can you hear me?)

You smirked at the crowd. Taking the mic off of its stand, you began to hype the audience even more. Luka watched you, focusing solely on the words. A song about being frustrated in love. A lament of your emotions. He couldn't help but praise Hawkmoth for choosing your akumatized name. The man may be a villain, but he saw the hidden talent you held. You rocked out as you sang, expressing every emotion that the lines held.

I'm so sick of it, your attention deficit
Never listen, you never listen
I'm so sick of it, so I'm throwing on a fit
Never listen, you never listen

I scream your name, it always stays the same
I scream and shout
So what I'm gonna do now is freak the freak out, hey
Whoa oh oh, whoa oh oh, whoa oh oh, whoa oh oh oh

The music receded back to the same rhythm as that of the first verse. You found yourself smiling. Kwan had left your side, flying around the stage in secret, creating a flaming effect with her body. Everyone was too focused on you to notice her, and the fire only got them even more excited. By now, you had walked toward the crowd. Your fellow friends danced along with you as they cheered you on.

Patience running thin, running thin, come again
Tell me what I get opposite, opposite
Show me what is real, if it breaks does it heal?
Open up your ear, why you think that I'm here?

Keep me in the dark are you even thinking of me?
Is someone else above me gotta know, gotta know
What am I gonna do? 'Cause I can't get through to you

So what's it gonna be
T
ell me, can you hear me?

You held the mic close to you when you got back on stage. The emotions you felt deep inside you were ready to burst. Closing your eyes, you thought about the first time you met Luka. Your family had just moved from town. This was before the Couffaines had moved to their houseboat and lived in the same block as you. You were too shy to greet him, but he made it easy. The bright smile that he held that day sparked something deep inside you like a fire. Opening your eyes, you met Luka's in the crowd. That spark lit up again, burning brighter than before.

Taking a deep breath, you moved your attention elsewhere while singing the chorus once more.

I'm so sick of it, your attention deficit
Never listen, you never listen
I'm so sick of it so I'll throw another fit
Never listen, you never listen

I scream your name, it always stays the same
I scream and shout
So what I'm gonna do now is freak the freak out, hey
Whoa oh oh, whoa oh oh, whoa oh oh, whoa oh oh oh

Easy come, easy go
Easy come, easy go
(Can you hear me?)

I scream your name, it always stays the same
I scream and shout
So what I'm gonna do now is freak the freak out, hey
Whoa oh oh, whoa oh oh, whoa oh oh, whoa oh oh oh

I scream your name
but you never listen
No, you never listen
but you never listen

You had closed your eyes again, screaming out the last line with all of the emotions you held for Luka over the years. Even if he loves Marinette, even if he breaks your heart a million times, your feelings for him will not disappear. He could move through life without you. He could marry and start a family with someone that isn't you or Marinette. No matter what happens, you would always love him. He would always be your first love.

Luka watched as you breathed heavily. Everyone was cheering your name. The others may not have caught this small detail, but the bluenette notice you wipe a single tear away. You let go of the mic, giving your best smile to the crowd. You turned to high-five the band, signaling for the audience to applaud them as well.

It was as if something had taken over him. He didn't even realize that he was walking toward you. He didn't hear the voices of his friends calling to him when he got up on stage. He didn't focus on the confused stares or whispers from the people around him. He couldn't care less about the cameras that pointed at him. He only saw you.

"Luka -" Before you could say any more, the boy pulled you into a tight hug. His arms wrapped around, holding you close to him enough that you were positive that there was absolutely no space between you - not even a millimeter. His embrace felt warm. Warmer than your wings, than Kwan's flames. You never felt such warmth, and you've hugged Luka many times, but this felt different.

Tears streamed down your cheeks. Your heart ached just like the day you were akumatized, but it wasn't of sadness, it was of longing. You longed for someone that could never be yours. You longed to be in his arms like this every day. You longed to just stay with him forever.

Luka hid your body from the sights of the camera and everybody around you both. He pulled away slightly, still holding you. With one hand, he caressed your face, wiping your tears while his forehead nuzzled against yours.

"I'm sor-" You spoke in a low voice, doing your best to keep your voice together.

"Shh. It's okay. I'm right here. I'll always be right here" Luka pulled your head into the crook of his neck, stroking your hair. You took a deep breath, breathing in his ocean scent. You felt your tears dry and your emotions wash away. Hesitant, you pulled away slightly enough to look at his face once more.

"They're staring" You managed to smile, your forehead touching his again.

"Let them stare" Luka smiled back. His aqua blue eyes glistened with that magic of his. The type of magic that only made you feel all the love in the world. "After all, we're the perfect duo"

You let out a loud laugh, pulling farther away from him. Luka matched your laughter while wrapping his arm around your shoulders. The two of you were facing the crowd with such bright smiles that your cheeks must have hurt. The audience was still cheering and dancing while the band was playing another piece of music.

"I didn't know that those two that close" Alya commented while staring the both of you.

"I hear that they're the best pair in school" Marinette smiled at her.

"But not a couple?" The tan girl smirked, hinting something at her best friend.

"No, they're something better than that" The two girls looked at Grace. She was staring at the crowd, smiling a warm and proud smile. Her gaze met theirs. Alya quested the girl further while Marinette stared back at you. Her conversation with you that night ran through her mind. She was shocked when your eyes made contact with her. You gave her a slight nod as if say 'Remember that promise.' Marinette couldn't find herself to respond. Reluctant, she nodded her head back. Whatever that may come, she will stay true to her promise.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 5.1K 32
Aspiring Bands, Musical Groups, and Artists all around the Globe were given a chance to compete and be recognized by all in a form of competition. A...
6.3K 249 51
Marinette can't get Adrien off of her mind but she can't tell him how she feels because he's with Kagami. She starts to realise that Chat Noir has st...
14.2K 221 10
(discontinued) Lila has won, she got Marinette's friends on her side, framing her for something she didn't do, even Adrien seems to believe Lila, the...
2.1K 106 24
Y/n has been best friends with Marinette and Luka since they were children. Things stayed the same up until the appearance of Ladybug and Chat Noir...