The Snow Queen's Royal Mage

By JLTD23

Elsa x Female (Reader/OC) An Ancient Magus Bride inspired story. (But there will be small references from oth... More

Overview:
Act 1
Act 2
Act 3
Act 4
Act 5
Act 6
Act 7
Act 8
Act 9
Intermission
Intermission II
Act 11
Act 11. 2
Act 12
Act 13
Act 14
Act 15
Act 16
Act 17
Act 18
Act 19
Act 20
Act 21
Author's Message
Side Story
Happy Anniversary

Act 10

1.7K 86 16
By JLTD23

Act 10 - Haunted by the past

(Y/N)'s POV

Ever since the trip, Elsa has been rather concern of my well-being and sometimes a bit awkward around me but never the less her sudden change didn't affected her work and studies. Just when we have normal conversations. In our question game, I made a deal with her if I ask a question about emotions she'll get to ask me another. An equal exchange and she agreed. Then on I started to learn bit by bit. She said that emotions are the things I feel. Both physical and psychological. In example of it is when she told me what do I feel when I smile. I told her it makes me feel light in a good way. She quite understanding when I explain to her my insights but in the back of my mind, there is something. Like I've felt this before.

It looks like she isn't the only one digging into for information. Venrich asked me why in the records never mentioned that Sleigh Beggies are extinct. I of course denied his request. The last thing would happen is more people knowing my accursed blessing.

We are back in our daily lives except for the up coming Yuletide season. It's that time of the year again that mostly everyone are in a festive mood. Christmas Decorations can be seen around almost in every corner, Carol's can be heard and merriment in everyone's faces. Her Majesty and the council have agreed that both her royal duties and magic lessons are postponed starting tomorrow until the end of the holidays. So today is our last lesson of the year. As I turn to the clock in her magesty's study, it's all most time to end her written exam.

Alright elsa. Finish or unfinish please give me your examination and I'll be grading it now. I said stopping her from her writing and handed her papers.
She waited for me to grade them and judging on her expression she seems unsure of her work. As I finish rechecking the work and gave a satisfactory nod, I gave it back to her so she can see her score.

92... Keep it up. I said then the clock chimed nothing that's its noon. Which means our game. I ready myself on our question game. Looking at her, She rather in thought on what to ask.

So is something wrong elsa? I said

I-I was wondering what will you be doing for the holidays? Elsa said

Nothing much... besides attend the town festivities if required to and do some paperwork. I said

Oh... how about come to our party tomorrow. After the we ring the yuletide bell, we'll be hosting a surprise party for everyone in the kingdom. Elsa said with enthusiasm.

Of course i'll try to attend but I'm not quite sure about the sudden work pilled up in my room. Rest assured if ever I'm not able to I will sent venrich in my steed. I said then her mood fell. As if my expression felt the same. Why is that...

Why is that? I said

What is what? Elsa said confusedly

Your mood... You feel something about me not attending and it made me feel it as well... I said

It's sadness in some way. It sad if your not able to come to the party and miss out the fun. Elsa said realizing that this feeling is sadness opened something within me. Like a discovering something new yet it's very familiar to me. Feeling it a long ago. Then a suddenly my head throbbed out in pain. Clutching the sides, I can hear elsa calling my name. Worry can be seen in her face before succumbing to darkness.

---------------*---------------

Where am I...

This place...

Looking at my surroundings, thousands of corpse lay around me both of human and magical creatures. Then I heard a sound so familiar. A few feet behind me stands a woman with short (h/c). Clad in armour with blood covering mostly her arms, sides and her weapon. She then plunged her sword to the ground and look up to the sky. Dark thunder clouds brewing in the distant and headed its way here. Upon turning herself towards my direction, shocking me to my very own core. The woman is me... crying and full of emotions like a normal human would have. Then a beastly scream can be heard in the sky. A gigantic corrupted chimera heading in our way. Massive amounts of dark magical power to turn a soul turned into something horrendous. Seeing this I turn back to my other me as she grab the sword bursting with purifying blue flames. She cease her tears and resolve in destruction of the monster.

I have to end this... this neverending chaos he caused out of his misery and hatred. Life in this world will end and all of this will be in vain. I'm sorry... my otherself said then she raise her sword, increasing magical input and ready to strike down the beast as an epic battle will commence.

The war... how can this be... I said walking back away slowly and not noticing a corpse behind me. Causing me to trip and fall then everything disappeared.

----------------*-----------------

(Y/N)...

(Y/N)...

(Y/N)!

I open my eyes to see elsa cradling me in her arms and fear can be seen in face.

Thank goodness your alright. Elsa said

What happened?... I said trying to get up with Elsa's support. She help me lay down on the sofa in her study.

After you asked me about feeling sad, you just clutch your head then pass out. Luckily I was fast enough to catch you before you fall but I wasn't able to support both our weight ending up cradling you in floor. Elsa said

How long I was out? I said

Five minutes. Elsa said then the door bursted open to see venrich carrying a old man which is the castle doctor like a sack of potatoes in his shoulder with the princess following in pursuit.

Got the doctor! Venrich said panicked.

Ven!... slow down!... Princess Anna said catching up.

For the fifth time, Mr. Grim would you please put me down now so I can check up lady ainsel. The doctor said as venrich gently put down the doctor. The doctor glared at venrich then proceed in doing his check up on me.

Ehem...Your majesty if I may. The doctor said pointing out elsa that she still holding me.

O-of course... Queen Elsa said quickly standing up and giving me some space.

Checking my vitals and senses, he concluded that I'm stressed and overworked.

Lady Ainsel I suggest you take a vacation. Lacking in sleep, not eating right and overworking yourself pilled up causing your body to not handle it anymore. Resulting for you to faint in exhaustion. The doctor said

Will do doctor... I said looking the other concern faces present, I guessing they have a lot of questions.

(Sigh)... Thank you and doctor if it's alright to have some privacy at the moment. I will come by later for at follow up check up. I said

Your welcome and please do... The doctor said packing up his things, giving a respectful bow to the royals and a glare at venrich then exit the room.

I get the feeling that there is something your not telling us. Princess Anna said

Not that I know of... I said

(Y/N) I'm your familiar! Why would you do this to yourself. I can't check your wellbeing because you've been buffering our link for the past days now. Are you hiding something?Venrich said in a scolding manner. I just remained quite. When he was about to countinue his rant, i interrupt him by saying to him via link.

We will discuss this later. It's involves certain anti magical movement. Come to my room when it's a right time to know.

Venrich giving me a knowing look that he got the message and never push further.

I think you should start your vacation now and Doctor's orders so no work. Tomorrow is the start of the yuletide season. We going to have a party. Right elsa? Princess Anna said

Right... Please (Y/N) take it easy and no work for now. Elsa said

You heard her majesty... No work for now and it's time you head to bed. I'll just bring you lunch. Venrich said proceeding in carrying me to my room.

We'll be taking our leave. If you have any concerns, please don't hesitate to inquire us. Good day your majesties. I said as we leave. I notice elsa having the same look on her face when I look at her straightly. She has always been having hot flashes for a while now... Quite odd having them in the middle of winter.

---------------*----------------

As venrich lay me down on my bed, he help me remove my boots then place them in there proper place in the corner.

So what's the anti magic guerillas are up too. Venrich said

My sources and the information gathered by the arendellian military have discovered that they plan to terrorized some villages around the kingdom and pin the blame on the magicals. I've informed the council regarding also and they concluded that even with the holidays, the Arendellian military will be vigilant and take immediate action on this matter. I said feeling venrich gaze on me.

But its not enough is it... Venrich said

There efforts are admirable but there's more to this. Those hooligans have some illegal helpings from rogue mages. The laws of the union doesn't apply to Arendelle yet. Let's say if one is captured... there's no chance they will survive. The union's laws gives order and fair justice to both sides. If a kingdom is not included, the criminal mage is at the mercy of their laws. Some might lead to executions resulting in retaliation from the otherside then it will start a new wave of prosecutions. I said

Agh! Man... that's sucks. Why does it have to be so delicate issue. You know I'm not someone suited in handling something delicate. Venrich said laying down on the edge of my bed. I kicked him in annoyance. This idiot...

That's why I'm handling it... You do the ground work. That reminds me, I have a job for you. I found out they plan to execute their plan tonight in the south of town. Give them a scare. Maybe they might think twice on messing with us. I said making venrich sit up and grin widely. His eyes having a hint of red glow as if his expression was of a child given a new toy to play with.

Hehe... Give them the Chase and warning. If they don't follow to reason, escort them to hell. Right! As you wish my lady. Venrich said excitedly. Giving a salute and leaving my room to get started with his job giving me some peace and quiet.

May those mages listen to his warning...
I thought to myself then I hear him in our link.

Forgot your lunch! I'll be back with a tray of it...

Sigh... You dolt...

------------------*----------------

After having lunch in my room. Venrich confiscated my paperwork and portable workshop. Assuring that I completely comply to the doctor's orders. Ending me to do one thing besides of doing nothing is sleep....

Awoken by a sudden knock, I glance to see it's not coming from the door but on my window. With a flick of my hand, the window open then a black crow flew inside. The crow had a scar masking on it's left eye up to its beak. I can feel a knowing magic surrounding it and that this bird is a familiar. A familiar owned by someone that I know to well. The bird perch itself on my nightstand then giving a soft caw.

Hello Alistair... How've you been? What does father want... I said patting alistair gently on his head. He only responded in a soft caw then his eyes glowed in a shade of yellow. Seeing this, father used a communication spell and relay it via his link to alistair.

Hello (Y/N)... I see you've been working yourself to death again. Father said

Well it's better than doing nothing. How things at your end? I said

Dragons are flourishing as always. There season is almost over and only a few pouching incident in the past years.
How about you? I've heard that you've taken a new apprentice: the Arendellian Snow Queen. Father said

Yes... Compare to Frederick, she is a fast learner and always a curious one. I said then an idea comes to me. He might know something...

Father, im relearning on my knowledge feeling on emotions. Then early today I've unlock a sort of memory from the past that I don't remember. Do you think it's from my other half? I said

Hmm... it could be possible. It is uncertain since your the only one to have this kind of blessing and your otherself is still asleep in tir no nóg. Father said

Atleast it's a sign. A possibility to be whole again after all these years... I said

Hypothetically unlock your emotions is the key. Better course of action is to continue your progress and you know you can always ask advise from me. Father said

Hmm... much appreciated but knowing you if I ask to much you'll end up babying me again. You and your over protectiveness. I am a grown woman... I said

Haha... it's a parent's job to be always there for their children. Which reminds me... i've sent some presents and it will be expected by tomorrow evening. Alistair will be staying with you for a few days because he wanted to join the festivities there. Father said

Thank you in advance then... I said

I need to go... I'll call again tomorrow evening. Advance Merry Christmas and Happy 224th Birthday (Y/N)... Father said before ending the call. Returning Alistair in his normal self. Sigh to myself for being reminded of my age.

Alistair I salute you for being there for your master. For a five hundred year old fae, he still acts like a teasing jerk. I said but only getting a crawing response to the crow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

198K 4.7K 58
Y/n is a girl that was adopted by loving parents. When her powers start showing, does her adopted parents accept her? Will she meet friends? Does she...
194K 3.5K 49
Ryder is Adventure Bay Elementary's biggest social out cast. Katie is the most popular girl at school. When a tornado rips through Adventure Bay, Kat...
5.9K 266 5
Evie has a secret. She's married. Which isn't a big deal right? Except she's married to one of the biggest names in the music industry. Scratch that...