Brave One (Completed)

By BearGoRawr

She is shy, no argument there. She is afraid to speak up, afraid of conflict, afraid of everyone around her... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8, Axel
Chapter 9, Axel
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14, Axel
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26, Axel
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33, Axel
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41, Clint
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44, Axel
Chapter 45, Axel
Chapter 46, Axel
Chapter 47, Clint
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Epilogue
A/N, ending thoughts
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 40

5K 206 12
By BearGoRawr

"Mable."

A voice called out, and it sounded like Clint?

I tried to pry my eyes open, but it felt like my eyelids were glued together.

"Clint?" My voice was so hoarse, and my mouth felt like it was coated in rust. It was some gross, crusty, textured mixed with a heavy metal taste. The taste was so vile that I immediately leaned all the way over to the side and empty whatever nasty poison was in my stomach.

"Oh." Clint spoke completely indifferently.

"What?" I croaked, feeling like my throat was coated in sand.

"You puked on my shoes."

"Oh," I tried to sit up, but Clint gently pushed me back down on something that felt like my bed. "Sorry."

"Yeah," he sighed, "don't worry about it."

He got up, and walked around, each step sounding wet and gross.

"Clint," I called out to him, hearing him come closer to me and lifted my head up, bringing up a glass to my lips again.

Tastes like mistakes.

Deja vu.

"Drink all of it," Caleb tilted the cup more. Not more to drown me in this mystery liquid, but forced me to down the rest.

Clearing my throat I finally managed to pry my eyes open. It felt like there was a layer of crust over my lids, and it cracked as I squinted in the darken room. "Clint? Where am I?"

"Back in the pack house."

"W-what? How?" I slowly sat up, this time Clint did not stop me, "Where is Caleb? Ken?"

"You came back alone." Clint spoke with no emotion in his eyes.

"I came back?" How?

"You were in wolf form, and at the time we were being raided by rogues."

All this happened?

"And then what?" My head is starting to hurt from all this new information.

"You attacked the rogues, saving a lot of our pack warriors." Clint seemed to be hiding a lot more of the story, but he continued anyways, "By the time the rogues fled, you were covered in blood, and then you passed out. Axel brought you here to your room and now here we are."

"But there was no Caleb or Ken?"

He shook his head, "You came back by yourself and we haven't gotten anything from them."

Then where are they?

They are still hunting down that white wolf. It fled when they attacked their base.

What?

I brought us back. Our pack was in danger.

Caleb did not stop you?

He tried, but soon got too occupied to do so.

We need to go back to him!

No.

W-why not?

We need to stay with our pack, our mate. It is our duty.

I couldn't find the words anymore. And my other side has fallen silent too.

"Mable," Clint was suddenly by my side, holding out his hand for me to take, "can you stand?"

Slowly grabbing him he helped me out of the bed, leading me out the door and to the bathroom.

Taking one look at myself in the mirror, my eyeballs nearly hopped out of my skull from shock.

There was so much blood all over me minus my face - someone probably cleaned my face.

It was caked on me in layers, and so old and so dried up that it was brown, and covered all my pale skin.

My hair had a musky sheen to it, and it was marred to my head and back from the sheer amount of crimson liquid that lined every strand.

"You let me sleep like this?" I pulled away from Clint, leaning over the sink to get a good look at my bloodshot eyes.

"Axel didn't really let anyone touch you, not even himself. He only cleaned your face but that was it."

It was even on my ears.

"I need a shower."

"Exactly," Clint shuffled me into the room with all the showers, "I'll bring you a change of clothes while you wash up."

I nodded, noting the large shirt that covered my nude body.

The shower felt so good, and the water was brown and chunky as it went down the drain for so long.

I had to scrub my hair at least 5 times and used up a whole bar of soap before the water became crystal clear. But I could still smell that awful, rotten, metallic stench.

I grabbed the shampoo, not caring that I already used over half of it, and dumped as much as I could all over my hands and body. Trailing the bottle all over me so that the smell of roses was nauseating.

Even with scrubbing my skin raw with some loofa that I found I could still smell it. Even when the water finally turned cold.

It was so sickening I spun over to the drain and just emptied whatever was left in my stomach. Unsurprisingly those contents were bright green.

"Mable?"

Axel?

He knocked on the door a few times.

"I have your change of clothes," his voice seemed deeper, and exhausted, "do you mind if I come in."

"Y-yeah." I let the rest of the green stuff go down the drain and finally turned off the water,  hanging on the wall with my forearms laying flat on the tile I just stared at the drain.

I feel like I'm losing it.

"Mable I'm coming in!" I heard the door open, and I just stood straight up and threw the shower curtain to the side. Not caring I was completely nude.

Axel froze, staring at me with his arms mid-way putting my clothes on the counter. He looked like a deer in headlights.

I just stared at him, not feeling a lick of embarrassment. Though, I will most definitely reflect on this in a later date.

I watched as he swallowed harshly, his prominent Adam's Apple bobbing. He seemed to try and keep his eyes glued to my face but he can pretty much see my whole form.

My whole unattractive form.

Now I know his type at this point.
Beautiful figure, blonde hair, blue eyes, and basically walked straight out of a magazine.

I do not fit any of that.

I am short.

Flat-butt and flatter chest.

And has darker hair than Clint's personality.

Stepping out of the tub I notice him gulp again, his eyes flashing over and over. His jaw was also clenched. But his eyes remained on my face with some weird expression deep in them.

He almost seemed mesmerized by something.

Anyways, now that I have this unforeseen and unprecedented confidence I might as well air this out.

"I'm sorry I will never be the one for you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.9K 684 19
Muru is a shy and introverted werewolf. She gets bullied at school and cannot wait until the night her wolf awakes and she might be able to leave sch...
51K 4.3K 96
Short story about Zenande and Zukile. Zenande is a human and Zukile is one of the strongest of his kind. He is an Alpha. Together with his mate, they...
2.5M 64.7K 38
(Old description got somehow deleted.This is a new shorter description but the story is not changed!) ⚠⚠WARNING BEFORE YOU READ: I WROTE THIS BACK WH...
1.6M 45.3K 29
She is shy, no argument there. She is afraid to speak up, afraid of conflict, afraid of everyone around her. She is still special. But no one would...