Enemy of My Pack ✔️

נכתב על ידי thedeepster

As Jennifer became of age, she was to inherit the Alpha position from her father when he retired, but her fat... עוד

Prologue
Chapter 1: Damn Everything!
Chapter 2: My Father, The Tyrant
Chapter 3: NO FAINTING!
Chapter 4: You Look a Little Green?
Chapter 5: 'See You In a Couple of Years!'
Chapter 6: Go Away Feelings!
Chapter 7: My Mate My Enemy
Chapter 9: The Omega
Chapter 10: My Grandparents are Ooooold!
Chapter 11: "I'll Be Ready For You."
Chapter 12: "We Need to Talk."
Chapter 13: The Tale Of A Kidnapped Boy
Chapter 14: The Warrior Pack
Chapter 15: Zanifer? Or Nah?
Chapter 16: "I Will Find You."
Chapter 17: The Bitch Chloroformed Me!
Chapter 18: Jerk's, They're Everywhere.
Chapter 19: Prey or Predator?
Chapter 20: Two Black Holes
Chapter 21: Lies and Betrayals
Chapter 22: I Will Always Forgive You
Chapter 23: This Feeling in my Heart.
Chapter 24: My Father, The Tyrant: Part Two
Chapter 25: Hurt
Chapter 26: A Shred of Hope
Chapter 27: Lies and Betrayals: Part Two
Chapter 28: Clayton
Chapter 29: The Decider's of Fate
Chapter 30: I Will
Epilouge: One Soul
Sequel 🤔

Chapter 8: The Only One

12.3K 407 72
נכתב על ידי thedeepster

JEN

My heart stopped as my eyes met the Grey wolf and his dark eyes.

What really unnerved me was the fact that my mate didn't look even remotely shocked, or out of breath.

Every single story that I heard as a child was of mates meeting each other for the first time. Both the man and the women's eyes meet and time literally stops for them. Sometimes they smell each other too. It's love at first sight/smell and this guy over here was starting to glare at me.

I scoffed when I noticed his eyes narrowing at me. More like hate at first sight.

On the outside, I looked fierce and I was even standing on my leg without the help of Michael but on the inside, I was beyond hurt. The one and only person made especially for me, hated me. He was supposed to look at me and wrap his arms around me and maybe even beat Michael up for standing too close to me. But then on the other hand I was glad because of the stories I had heard about him.

I stepped forward which was a mistake. Growls and snarls filled the air. I stepped back and bared my teeth. I may be outnumbered but I will not be disrespected.

The pain in my leg diminished as anger surged through my body.

My eyes met his dark eyes and I frowned. His behavior is odd. He's acting like I'm the enemy. Granted I was, but I was still his mate, he should have felt something right? But then I remembered what Michael said. A sharp pain went through my heart. He had already come to see me in my cell. He must have smelled me but, instead of protecting me, he laughed at my injured state?

I heard a sharp bark come from the gray wolf and saw all of the wolves transforming into their human form, clothing themselves.

I slowly watched as my mate changed into a human and the only thought that ran through my head was, Hubba-Hubba, this dude is freaking beautiful!

His light, almost blonde, brown hair glistened in the sun as did the sweat that rolled down his muscular, fit body. His square jaw tightened with determination as his pink plump lips pursed, making me want to kiss them.

Shivers ran down my body as I imagined his lips on my lips and his body in my arms.

I saw him shiver also but he quickly composed himself and had a fierce look on his face.

He suddenly sniffed the air and then smirked.

Curious, I sniffed the air also and then cringed. It was the smell of fear. I glanced at Michael to see him almost piss his pants.

He looked at me with big fearful eyes and said, "I can't do this! Look at those wolves! Their are at least a hundred of them and their are only two of us!"

What he said next made my mouth fall open. "I can't be on the losing side." He said looking at me apologetically.

"Excuse me?" I said still shocked. Did he just tell me that he can't be by my side? That he couldn't back me up?

He looked down in shame and then looked back up. "I'm sorry Jennifer, I want to live. It's not me, it's the size of your pack-" He then looked behind me and then back. "-which is nothing."

My mouth opened even wider as I realized he broke up with me, no, he broke up with my pack? What the fuck?! What happened to him staying behind to protect me?!

I watched as he turned his back to me and held up his hands as a surrender. He slowly made his way to the Alpha and begged for forgiveness and then pledged his life to him.

I slowly brought my hand into a fist. I could feel my nails breaking through skin as I tried to control myself. My eyes were shifting from human to animal as I refrained myself from killing Michael. I wanted to rip his head off.

He humiliated me and then left to a different Alpha because I was outnumbered? Yeah, It was 100 against 1 but he could have stayed with me and we could have went down with pride and now he just tucked his tail behind his back and left me!

I was on the verge of shifting when I heard my name being called from the murderous wolves.

"Jennifer!" I snapped my head to the familiar voice and then I staggered back as I realized who it was.

"Mom?"

What is my mother doing on my enemy's side? Or is it my mates side? With the way he was acting, it was more like my enemy.

A thought crossed my mind. He wouldn't kill me...would he? No, he would be basically killing himself! But then again, he has to actually like me in order to feel any pain in losing me. I think?

My mom was still calling my name but I didn't want to answer back.

So instead, I raised my head. I looked at my mother but my eyes travelled next to her to see my brother and his mate just standing there.

Betrayal was etched in my face and tears filled my eyes as I noticed my brother standing there.

"No." I said still not believing it. My brother was the complete opposite of my father which made him a good person at heart. He would never betray me. He loved me and would never go against me. As for my mother, I knew she loved me too after all the times I had saved her from my father.

Carter stepped forward but I stepped back. Hurt filled his eyes as he hesitated.

"How could you?" One question. One question described the incredible betrayal I felt.

"You don't understand! We had too!" His hands fisted at his sides as he begged me to understand.

I heard a chuckle coming from the middle of the wolves and my head snapped to him. My mate was laughing at me?

"What's your problem?!" I was tired of his behavior and I just blurted out what was on my mind.

This man, my mate, was pissing me off. I was shaking now but with anger and I needed to take it out. My feet moved by themselves as I made my way towards him.

The sea of werewolves parted as I stomped forward and once I reached him I shoved him.

He stepped back as he tried to catch himself from the force of my shove.

I don't know what came over me. I was hurt and angry at his reaction and now my anger was controlling my movements.

"What did I ever do to you? Hmm? You barley met me!" I yelled at him as I poked his chest. "You don't know me!"

Watching his eyes, I saw emotions sifting through his mind. First, I saw anger but then pride and then anger that turned into hate. Hate? He hates me?

The thought made me sad but I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of my tears. Besides he's a terrible being that I should not cry over!

He suddenly grabbed my wrist and squeezed it hard enough for me to cry out in pain.

"No! Please! Don't hurt her!" My mother cried to Mr. King but he didn't listen as he squeezed tighter, his eyes narrowing with every sound that came out of my mouth.

Apparently, nobody knew he was my mate and apparently my own mate acted like I wasn't his mate. He couldn't hurt me! It's impossible! How is he doing this without coming to my aid or at least stopping his death hold.

I was struggling to get out of his hand but with every struggle came an even tighter squeeze.

Carter appeared in front of me but he was still facing my mates back. He put his hand on his shoulder but my mate shrugged it off. His eyes were on mine. He was watching me and my reaction.

As much as I tried to contain my groan I couldn't. He was squeezing to the point where it was breaking, his eyes darkening even further.

"L-let go of my h-hand!" I finally cried as I tried to stare him down.

A crooked smile appeared on his face which would have taken my breath away but considering how I was already gasping in pain, it was hard to do that.

And then with one quick motion he twisted my arm to the side.

I screamed and fell to the floor on my knees as my shoulder dislocated as well as my wrist broke. I heard the voices of my mother and brother and some members of my pack shout at once.

I was to tears by now. "WHY!" I asked him in rage. Why would he break my wrist?

His emotionless face made me cringe.

"Because-" he kneeled at my side as I cradled my shoulder and arm. I looked down but he grabbed my cheeks and squeezed them as he forced me to look at him. "-their can only be one."

Only one what? Way to be vague douchbag!

After squeezing my cheeks once more he pushed me away. I fell to the floor and the only thing keeping me from bawling my eyes out was hatred. Hatred filled my mind for my mate. He hurt me and now I was going to hurt him. Without making a sound I popped my shoulder back in place and fixed my wrist. I could already feel my shoulder healing but my wrist was going to take at least a few hours. Or days, like my stupid leg.

Keeping my arm safe at my side, I stood up. He followed my movement as I got into a fighting stance probably reading my body language that I was not backing down.

"Well, Mr. Alpha King, I believe their is already one. Me." Even though I had know idea what he meant I had to let him know I wasn't taking his bullshit.

So, as soon as I said that, I brought back my good arm and punched him right in the face.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

2.5K 61 24
She was a human, clueless to the supernatural world. She worked helping troubled youth, and loved helping people. She had chronic illnesses, and was...
228K 3.4K 14
"Beautiful" He whispered, bringing his face in my neck as he inhaled my scent. "You are only for the two of us" Another pair of arms wrapped around b...
50.9K 2.1K 38
Sierra is the alpha's daughter and only child, yet she's kept hidden in the pack house like some best kept secret. Her father never includes her in p...
2.8M 80.7K 48
The door opened quietly, Hades entered with all his glory, he looked at me with angry eyes. I gulped, "Before you say anything, I just want to tell...