Bombay Unplugged

By kabirdewan

Amidst the Bollywood biggies & Blooming Billionaires that capture the headlines all year through, there lie a... More

4:52 AM Virar-Churchgate
Happy Birthday .
Diwali Mubarak
The Midnight Stroke
Ganpatibapa Morya !
Pramod Dubey :)
Sukha Chutney Zyada

Bohot Zyada Hasti Hai

5 0 0
By kabirdewan

.
.
.
" Rhythmic contraction and relaxation of the auricular and ventricular walls of the heart " , a heart beat . Heart beats and pupil dilations , strangely are determinants of affection . Atleast in her world , they were . The story of a tiny , sassy and breath taking Mumbaikar filled with unparagoned passion , learning the art of love , breaking many hearts but patching way more .

In her , was an entire world of fiction . Not the barbie , power puff fiction but passionate , mature fiction . She brought in , a strange air of poised excitement and vulnerability . Vulnerable not for herself , but for the guys , who had to control their urge even after her walking past in her own world of strange freedom . Freedom not of controlling herself , but involuntarily controlling the lives of every sapien close to her by mere words . What was so different ? At a tender age with an over exposed history and a daunting past , she realised that there was nothing to lose . Then on , there was no looking back . At an age like hers , there were many who were incessantly demanding but she was the only probable one who derived all her demands ;  diligently , unfailingly . What was so different ? Lips like scissors , tearing apart everything in the way . Nails like claws , best used when fierce . Face like a pop star , power of a fiery prisoner . Physically tiny , verbally supreme . Supreme not by abusing , but by sarcasm as smooth as a Matt sports car . Sports car not the one racing through to finish first , but the one destroying each and every competitor , slowly , tactfully and eventually reigning powerful . What did she have in her ? Even the parents confuzzled over the very question . This Bandra brought up girl had something in her , it was different on different levels .
The unbelievable confidence to predict human tendencies , the cheeky ignorance , the cute face to defy all such ' rumours. ' Every parents favourite , every new comers dream , What did she have in her ? Well , all she had was a pure heart . A heart , although an immature one , perfect to understand love and planned to master in the very subject . From sleek photographs , to difficult pirouettes , to a mesmerising voice and a hypnotising figure . What did she not have ?
She was streetsmart , quick witted ; a perfect Jugaadu Mumbaikar . She belonged to an esteemed school , and headed the cultural department for the same . A bioscope in herself , she excelled at all performing arts , a true gift she was . A born performer , a vociferous leader and a true patriot . The passion for her school over riding every other feeling flowing in her blood , she was the Principals favourite , the blue eyed girl , the best . Life was sorted , uncaring about academics , she pledged to raise the bars of culture and talent to an unmatchable level . Auditions , practices , it was all routine . She'd leave her house by 6 AM , reach back by 2 in the afternoon , have lunch and set off again . This time , returning not before 11 , late in the night . The parents , so proud , so happy , seeing their daughter live life in her own fanciful way , gave her the necessary moral support and freedom to allow her to pursue and practice her dreams . They were faithful people , all of them . They knew no alternative to effort , succeeding in almost all their endeavours . Lately , band members of the school along with her , the drummer and vocalist were recording a piece in a studio in Churchgate , quite far from home .
She had her deadlines , it was quarter to 11 , she left .
And there began , the journey of an over mature brilliantly creative girl turning into a vulnerable directionless commoner ( in her terms , as good as dead ) and finally roping herself back to being a mature , tougher , more intimidating , attractive , unbreakable version of herself .
Shit , Happened .
Now all set and done , what exactly happened ? How did the queen herself turn to a mentally nomadic widow and then pull back straight to her throne ? It wasn't all so intense , it was a transformation from strong - weak n vulnerable - stronger , it was the year that taught her the most . What was it that had the 'balls' to cause this .
Was it frivolity , was it trouble ? Was it recklessness , was it her nature ? Was it love , was it grief ? Was it a hopeless end , was it an endless hope ? Was it bad , was it for the better ?
It was incorrigibility , all set and done .
She left the studio , caught a taxi , reached Churchgate station and boarded a train towards Bandra .
As the wheels of the train moved , the volume of her earphones increased and she was in her own world within a span of seconds , jamming to her very own tunes . The worried parents kept calling her , she kept hanging up . She switched on her live location temporarily , to permanently mute the parents . It worked . The train however , due to technical difficulties and managerial inefficiency , stopped a mile before Mahim station out of nowhere , in the middle of nowhere . She was smart , she boarded the men's compartment , as the ladies coach was isolated after 10 . The men , as the halt grew longer , began disembarking the train and covering the last mile on foot . The crowd kept getting lesser , the tension kept rising . She thought of jumping off and walking , but the idea of her parents reaction to this stunt of hers scared the breath out of her . She didn't want to be grounded , she had 7 fests lined up over the weekends in different schools . She waited , she obeyed her principles . Finally it was down to 4 people in the compartment , 3 men and her . As scared as a deer would be between a herd of cheetahs , she was still a stage actor . She acted like she owned them . She knew how to help herself out in such situations , she was faithful , remember ? It was a 2 v 1 now , 2 men standing and her , still listening to music . The parents were worried , they called , her battery died . Although a performer , she just couldn't keep her frustration to herself when the battery died . " Saala battery ko bhi abhi jaana tha . " The conclusion of the battery , commenced the most difficult phase of her life . The train was empty , it was just the 3 of them . She smiled at one man , acting as innocent as could possibly seem , and he returned the favour . He smiled back . The nastiest , creepiest smile .  " Bahut Zyada Hasti Hai Saali " they were men after all , she was a young girl after all . Her ripped jeans , their naked minds , it fit . She tried to scream out for help , but her mouth was tied with a handkerchief to protect just the same mercy call . To add on to the agony , the lights of the train went . Mumbai , while sleeping soundly , was losing its most incredible teen in quite the unsound manner . With red threads on their hand , huge tikkas on their foreheads , pictures of the lord himself in their wallets , how did these scoundrels even think of such a heinous crime ? Such strong believers of Hindu gods , such faithful and reputed men by looks  , how could they ? Well suited from the outside , unzipped from the within . Well polished from the outside , reckless from within .
She was a fighter though , she bit , she clawed , she punched , she kicked . With the amount of anger she had in her , from the last defeat to her arch rival in the inter school drama event , she could take on 20 like them . She tried to make it as difficult as she could for them , but in the end , she was 5 feet 5 inches , 40 kilos , what could she possibly do ? Fighting for her own survival , it was the toughest night of her life . They succeeded though , the men . They tied her up with their belts . Just as they could place a finger on her , the lights came on . Although scared , she found it amusing . " Bahut Zyada Hasti Hai Saali " , he said again . She gathered the guts , she spat on one of their faces kicked the other right in the place where it hurt the most .
This just fed their anger , they decided on humiliating regardless of the illumination . The one who gave the smile , began .
As he started ripping off the jeans from its rips , the train started moving . She smiled again . This agitated them , but frightened them more . It was only one mile , the train parked at Mahim in no time . Ten railway officers , a search team and her parents , everyone waiting eagerly for the train , were shocked on witnessing what had happened .
The men were caught , the daughter met her parents , live location was a saviour .
Nothing , apart from everything  changed from when she started the journey and how she ended it .
The window was the same , the music was the same . It wasn't her anymore though . She lost herself through these 30 minutes . Half an hour of fighting , physically to protect her dignity and chastity . Half an hour of torture . Technical problems , no fear of the law , this is what led to all sorts of crimes in Mumbai . She was a performer though , she gathered the guts , she recovered , she came back . A Stronger than ever version of herself , a famous one for that matter , she if not previously was now surely the most well known teen across the city . She couldn't face the world quite soon though , she couldn't travel on trains , she couldn't step out after 11 . It all took time , she had lost a part of herself in that incident . Anyone would . She was called for an interview with the Times , on a women's day special . That's when she realised how the low lives had had such a high intensity impact on her & even though she won , she lost & let them win by not being herself . She was a badass mumbaikar , she did stand up on that podium , she did take centre stage once again . She began " Bahut Zyada Hasti Hoon Na Mai .... " , the speech ended , Mumbai applauded its youngest brave heart , India had a new inspiration .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

105K 4.7K 42
Agastya Singhania, well known leader of phoenix mafia gang and man of his words. He is known for his punctuality and strict adherence to routines. He...
5.3K 606 15
In the bustling chaos of his sister's wedding, amidst swirling emotions and fleeting glances, two souls find themselves reunited after years of separ...
12.9K 623 39
Am I alive?? How is it possible?? I died , right?? I was betrayed and killed by my husband and best friend?? Why do I look 10 years younger?? This is...
101K 5.8K 23
𝑺𝒉𝒆'𝒔 𝒎𝒚 𝒓𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒊𝒐𝒏, 𝑮𝒐𝒅 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒐𝒏 𝒐𝒇 𝒎𝒚 𝒇𝒖𝒄𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒕𝒚. •~❉❀❉~• 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 #𝟏 𝐢𝐧 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞�...