Maybe (A Thomas Brodie-Sangst...

By crankynewt

Brooke has never been the type of girl who falls head over heels for a boy. In fact, she didn't believe there... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 17

13.8K 498 238
By crankynewt

A couple days passed and I was finally permitted to leave the hospital. Luckily, none of my internal organs were damaged, but now my dad is in prison. Yippe. My week keeps getting better and better.

Sometime during those days of me being in the hospital, Rachel visited me a couple of times. And my brother, and grandparents. I didn't tell Thomas, though. Making him worried sick before he leaves for England is the last thing I want to do.

I just made up excuses every time he asked if we could hang out, which broke my heart. I couldn't help it though. He was understanding over the phone, but I could tell he was as sad as I was.

I packed up my belongings and said goodbye to my hospital room. I hoped I would never be here again for a long time.

My brother pulled up in his truck, his expression making it evident that he was glad I was coming home.

I hopped in the giant truck and we drove off.

We stopped at Subway for lunch, my most favorite place to eat. I ordered a spicy italian sub, and my brother ordered a meatball sub.

We sat down and happily ate our meal. My brother sure looked like he enjoyed it. "Man, this is so good," he managed to say, his mouth full of food.

I nodded and took a giant bite of my sub-sandwich, the wonderful taste exploding in my taste buds.

We scarfed down our food rather quickly. I washed it all down with some lemonade, when I suddenly received a text from Rachel:

Hey girl, how are u feeling?

Pretty good actually, I texted back.

I waited a few more minutes, then got a text back:

Ohh.. did ur brother get u subway? XD

I smiled and typed back:

Yes, haha. You know me too well!

Ofc! I'm ur bestfriend.

I suddenly remembered that when Rachel visited me yesterday, she said that there was a huge project in Algebra.

Hey, how is that Alg project going?

Awesome, actually. My partner is Owen, and he's pretty smart.

Sweet. Who's Megan's partner? I know that who ever it is they definitely will be doing all the work.

Oh.. well Mr. Irwin has to find her a new partner.

Why?

Because her old partner moved. It was Haley.

I gasped, and got a strange look from my brother. "It's an interesting video I'm watching. Mind blowing stuff," I said to him, then went to type back to Rachel.

I knew Haley was from London, and I desperately hoped she didn't move back.

Do you know where? I frantically typed.

Winchester I think, Rachel typed back.

I let out a sigh of relief. Thomas was from London. And Haley is not moving back there. You're probably wondering why I'm so worried about this.. It's not like I'm jealous or anything..

My brother and I threw away our trash and headed out to the car. The cold wind nipped at me. It quickly tore through my warm sweater and collided with my skin, causing goosebumps to appear everywhere.

We made it home, and I snuggled up in my warm bed. It finally started to feel like winter outside. I love the winter season. The gingerbread men, the flashing lights. Christmas morning. The mistletoe. A picture of Thomas and my dad popped into my mind, which dampened my spirits. They weren't going to be here for Christmas.

I felt a tear fall down my cheek, and another. Ever since my mother passed away, life has never been the same. My dad started drinking, and my brother was busy working so he could distract himself. Rachel was there for me, but still. She had her own life. Her own family activities. I felt alone. Abandoned. But when Thomas came into my life, that void was filled. I felt happy again.

I wiped away my remaining tears, and got up from my bed. I couldn't be miserable all day. I needed to spend time with Thomas.

I texted him, asking if he wanted to hang out. About ten minutes later, I heard a knock at my front door. Thomas stood there in the cold with his hands in his pocket, wearing a fancy black overcoat. I gestured him inside. He nodded as he walked past me, and sat down on the couch. I closed the door and walked over to where he sat, picking a comfy spot.

"Hey," I greeted with an endearing smile.

"Hello love," he replied, wrapping his arms around my waist.

I tucked my head under his chin, using his chest as a pillow. His steady breathing made me feel at peace.

"Brookie-cookie," he suddenly said, the words rumbling through his chest. He gently swayed me back and forth.

I lifted my head up and looked at him. His soft brown eyes stared down at me, a warm smile on his face. I didn't really care if he used nicknames with me.

"Wanna watch a movie?" I asked.

"Sounds good," he said, running his fingers through my hair.

We got up and walked over to my TV room, where we popped in probably my favorite movie has a kid. Shrek.

As soon as Thomas saw the first clip of the movie, he laughed. "Shrek? I love this movie!"

I laughed, "So do I!"

We high-fived and continued watching.

About halfway through the movie, I asked, "Want popcorn?"

Thomas's eyes were glued to the screen, but then he looked at me. "Ah yeah that's fine."

I got up and went to the kitchen. I put a bag in the microwave and clicked the popcorn button. After it was done, I took it out and put some salt in it.

I handed Thomas a bowl and he smiled, "Thank you love."

We ate our popcorn and eventually finished the movie. Thomas stretched his legs and yawned, me following. "Well, I must say, it's still as good as it was when I watched it 5 years ago!" he said.

I groggily laughed and snuggled up in his arms. Sleep was inching up on me. He put an arm around me and whispered into my ear, "I've got to get going, sweets. I've got packing to do."

I snuggled up against him even more. "Nooo," I murmured, hanging onto him for dear life.

He carefully slipped out of my grip and the upper half of my body flopped onto the couch. I felt the presence of a blanket on top of me. He then gently kissed my forehead. "I'll see you tomorrow. Sweet dreams Miss Brooke." I heard his footsteps grow more faint, and then I heard the shut of the door.

I tried to say bye but all that came out was a groan. Eventually everything faded to black, my eyes shutting without my command. Then wonderful sleep began.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49K 1.4K 20
Thomas couldn't stop staring at Dylan the first day they met on The Maze Runner set. Will Thomas fall for Dylan? Will Dylan feel the same? Find out i...
113K 4.3K 28
"I love you, Dylan. I love you more than you'll ever know." Thomas has been in love with his best friend for years now. He also secretly struggles w...
24.3K 479 44
What if the first one into the maze was a girl? What if she had rule over all the boys? She's strong and everyone else knows it. And now there's ano...
151K 6.2K 29
Brooke and Thomas have created a new life together, and everything seems fine. But at what cost? Thomas has moved to America to spend his life with h...