Mafiatale Sans x female reade...

By moon1767

Over thousands of years the Underground's hopes of becoming free had slowly disappeared and have gone to alte... More

Paying respects
What?
Short-Lived Memories
Not like other Flappers
First Day
I'm not Intimidated
No Dice
Company to its extent
Falling Into Place
Set in Stone
Not a Freak
Make Yourself Known
Is This Love?
A Change
Going Out In Style
Uncalled For
Jealousy
A Fifty-Fifty Chance
A Turn of Events
Needs
The Bargain
Epilogue
(My reason for writing this book)

Determination

1.5K 47 24
By moon1767

I lay on the lush pillows of my overly decorated bedroom Asgore provided me, saying something along the lines of my last moments of being alive should be the best. But Asgore knew that there was nothing he could do to make my last moments be enjoyable with the feeling of a close friend's betrayal— of course, he didn't care; his empty acts of kindness were merely bringing him one step closer to becoming the most powerful monster in the Underground.

     I stare at the glowing embers of the fire, the room was hot enough without one. I rush to the bathroom connected to my suite as I filled the glass cup with water and ran back to the fire place. I splash the water onto the burning coals as I took in the hissing of the fire dying. The cycle continued to in and out of the bathroom with a small glass cup emptying itself into the fire until the flames reduced to nothing more than a pile of smoking ash. The fire was out but the room remained a hellish temperature, commutes between the bathroom and the fireplace contributed to the heat with my sweaty, breathe heaving state. I felt like I had fought the hardest battle known to man. I tried to revel in my make-believe triumph of putting out the fire but the lingering thought of Gaster continued to etch itself in the back of my mind. I laid myself in front of the fireplace as I bore my eyes into the soot in hopes my meaningless battle between the flames would bring me enough comfort before drifting off to sleep.

My night of royalty had ended shortly after I had fallen asleep in front of the fireplace and was woken up by a small yellow dinosaur in a lab coat nudging me awake. The dino stops the moment I sit up and turned to face them.

     "H-hello, I'm D-dr. Alphys... I'm here t-to take you to—"

     "Enough with the introduction lizard, she knows what you're here for." Asgore interrupts as he stood in the doorway.

     I quickly stood up and tried to hide the ruined makeup from crying myself to sleep while Asgore shaken his head in disappointment.

     "It's a shame you didn't use the bed, this was the last time you'd ever use one."

     The short scientists felt out of place between Asgore and I as we towered over her as she cleared her throat.

     "Th-this is for you. Y-you'll want t-to change w-where we're going." Alphys says with her timid voice.

     She handed me a white hospital gown with a number patched on the left side. I nodded and headed to the bathroom to change. I took the opportunity to take a quick shower before leaving all this luxury behind. I didn't take my sweet time the shower in fear Asgore would break down the door and drag me out. my damp hair clung to my face, dripping onto the dry cotton of the white gown. I take one last look at myself in the foggy mirror before taking a deep breath and opening the door.

     Asgore grinned and chuckled at my diminished appearance, my once glamorous self from last night had transformed into nothing more than a damp test subject. The drips of water were causing to reveal my red lacy underwear underneath that Asgore insisted I wear. I knew his greedy eyes were taking up the belittling sight of me as I was escorted out of the room and down to the hallway while trailed behind Alphys and I. He had guards on either side of me ready to hold me down if any ideas of fleeing came across my mind. My eyes lingered on the sight of Gaster's bedroom door as we walked by; part of me couldn't believe that he would do such a thing as betray everyone he knew— but something about it didn't seem quite right.

     The carpeted hallway floors soon left my bare feet as we left the castle entirely, exposing myself to the elements of the outside of Hotland. Not long after leaving the castle, I was soon accompanied to a growing burning sensation on the soles of my feet. I tried to ignore the pain as I continued walking but it was slowly becoming noticeable by my pace becoming eager to put one foot in front of the other and away from the unpleasant ground. Asgore, Alphys and the guards didn't seem to care that I was clearly in pain as we waited in front of an elevator door. Waiting in place was almost just as unbearable as walking but worse as I took turns keeping one foot on the ground while letting the other take a break from the heat. I looked down noticing Alphys' wasn't wearing any shoes compared to Asgore and the guards yet she remained unfazed by the heat radiating from the ground.

     The elevator finally arrived as we step inside and Alphys punches in a code that unlocked a secret floor. The hum of the elevator cuts through the silence as I tried to keep myself from panicking. We reached our destination as we exit the elevator and greeted with a gust of cold. I had hoped the drastic change of temperature would somehow relieve my overheated state the icy, white tiles greeted my feet with a feeling of unwelcome. The bright white of the walls and ceiling were intensified with horrible white florescent lights that gave off an unpleasant buzzing noise.

     There was an occasional scientist that would walk by and stare at the fact that I was indeed a captured human in their laboratory. There were many mechanical sounds muffled by distant lab rooms behind locked doors with nothing more than a small rectangular window to look through. Our journey was coming to an end as I spotted a door labeled with Alphys' and Gaster's name. Before Alphys could open the door herself, the lab door opened for her. I would've been surprised by this very situation, but the magic trick has happened to me enough times to know who was behind it all. My blood ran cold at the sight before me as my eyes rested on a table where an empty jar with my name and a red heart underneath it. My sense of panic kicked in but the guards had beat me to it and latched onto arms as tears began to fall down my face. 

     "Now, now, (y/n). Your death will be most remembered in honor, for you had given your soul to me by sheer will." Asgore says with a cheery tone to his voice.

     "Is that supposed to make me feel better?" I spat with hate in my voice.

      "Why of course! Gaster assured me that your death will be quick and painless as possible, we can be humane too you know."

     I could help but chuckle at Asgore's comment.

     "No, you're not humane— you're a monster."

     Asgore was just about to leave the lab but my statement was enough for him to turn back around without a second thought. I felt his massive clawed hand grip my throat and squeezed.

     "You know, maybe you're right, perhaps it's time I stop lying to myself about what I truly am..."

     I couldn't feel my head anymore as my vision was leaving me.

     "In fact— your words of enlightenment are already bringing me back to my senses. Why don't I give your once acquainted friend here permission to do the most excruciating and unethical experiments a lab rat could ever experience..." 

     Asgore's grip loosens as I heave for air in a hyperventilating manor. I glance over to look at Gaster who hadn't bothered to look up from his studies as I look back to Asgore now leaving the lab for good.

     "I'm looking forward to watching your last moments from the other room, human."

     The last thing I heard was Asgore's desecrating laugh before the lab doors closed behind him.

     Alphys directed the guards to take me to a table with leather restraints. I made sure I put up a fight for the last time as the guards struggled to hold me down as Alphys attempted applying the restraints around my wrists and ankles. My screaming and thrashing had been enough for Gaster to final stop what he was doing and summoned his multiple hands that effortlessly held me down long enough for Alphys to tighten the leather straps. As soon as I was restrained the guards left without hesitation, leaving me alone with the two scientists.

The next few hours was nothing but checking my vitals as Alphys and Gaster poked and prodded me with needles and other medical devices. The sound of countless machines I didn't recognize filled the room as Gaster collected the data from each and every one.

     "S-subject's heart r-rate is about 87 beats p-per minute." Alphys read the results out loud for Gaster to copy down.

     My body was aching from being stuck in the same position for what seemed like hours at a time. I had gotten used to the many IVs protruding out of my skin wherever a vein was present that every time a new needle was presented to me my sense of fear had already left me. I surprisingly found myself falling asleep despite my horrid conditions, I tried to keep my eyes open but my body was rejecting my every command as the white noise of the whirring machines were bring me into a deep sleep, but that quickly changed as I heard the lab door creak open. My eyes shot open with alert as I lifted my head up to see who had just entered. I lay my head back down on the cold metallic surface of the table when I saw it was only Alphys. 

     I was just about to drift back to sleep until I heard the voice of Gaster who hadn't even bothered to say a single word ever since I entered the lab.

     "Gone?" Gaster asks.

     "He's gone along with the others. No one is watching." Alphys answers.

     "Good."

     The heart rate monitor's beeping picked up my growing anxiety as I heard the lab door being locked and the small window being covered by a piece of paper while Gaster pulled back the blinds to hide the large glass window where Asgore once was watching me. Alphys and Gaster had finished covering any source where any potential passerby might see the three of us in the lab. My heart was pounding against my ribcage and the heart monitor wasn't afraid to show it as the two twisted scientists stalked closer to the table I was sprawled out on. The torture was just about to begin and there was nothing I could do about it. I shut my eyes tight as they both began pulling off the IVs and cords attached to me as I tried to contain my whimpers of pain with every IV that was pulled out. The heart rate monitor was the last thing to go as the convulsing beeps abruptly to the familiar flatline beep as the cord left my body chest. Gaster had silenced the machine with a simple switch as the deafening tension filled the air.

     I hadn't looked at Gaster's face once; I refused to out of spite for him betraying me and Sans and everyone else that knew him as a friend. I could feel him looming over me, casting his shadow on my figure. I replayed the scene from last night of his furious expression before slapping me hard enough to fall to the ground.

     I suddenly felt his hands forcing my head to look in his direction, I fought back with all the strength I had left to keep myself from looking into his dark sockets that portrayed similar attributes to Sans' eyes. I couldn't stand his staring any longer as I was just about to scream at his face in rage, but all of that immediately changed as soon as I felt the leather restraints release from my wrists and ankles. I finally look at my captor in confusion and saw an expression that I never saw Gaster express before. Guilt.

     "You... hurt?" He says sorrowfully as he rubbed my cheek where he struck me last night.

     This was the Gaster I knew; kind, caring, compassionate.

     "You— I knew there was something off about you!" I sit up on the table and hugged Gaster as tight as I could and startling him in the process.

     I looked over Gaster's shoulder as I hugged him and spotted Alphys awkwardly standing in the distance as she tried not to stare at the scene.

     My legs were stiff from being strapped to the table as Gaster helped me walk to Alphys. I lean on him for support until I felt confident I could walk on my own again.

     "So you're in on this too?" I ask Alphys.

     She nods.

     "Yep, I've b-been around Asgore l-long enough to kn-know that he must be stopped. E-even if that m-means I can't s-see my girlfriend e-ever again."

     "Girlfr— wait. I remember Undyne talking about you when I visited her at her home!"

     "Sh-she talked about m-me???" Alphys says surprised.

     "Of course she does, I'm a close friend of hers." I smile.

     "I— I guess I was worried she m-moved on fr-from me." She sighs with relief.

     Gaster clears his throat and points at the clock on the wall as Alphys breaks out of her trance and shakes her head.

     "R-right. (y/n), we don't h-have much time be-before Asgore comes back to ch-check on us so we need you to l-listen carefully..."

     "Okay, what is it? Am I getting out of here with you guys?"

     "N-not exactly, you see— Chara will be the one escaping."

     The news hit me hard.

     "I don't understand, why does Chara get to escape but not me!?"

     "W-we've made the calculations, C-chara will take your p-place after the soul extraction is complete."

     "Are you even hearing yourself? You don't know Chara like I do, once she finds out she has full control of my body, she won't want to leave it ever again. What makes you think she'll actually follow yours and Gaster's plan?" I say with skepticism.

     "Not... last." Gaster adds.

     "Y-your body will s-soon recognize that Chara i-is not your soul and will eventually r-reject her and your body will slowly d-die."

     "That still doesn't explain how you're going to get her and my body out from under Asgore's nose once Chara's taken my place."

     "Asgore has n-no need for your body once he has your soul."

     I was beginning to doubt this whole plan but Gaster unexpectedly hugged me from behind.

     "Plan... will work."

     "I hope you're right Gaster."

     Alphys explained the rest of the plan to me, telling me that once Chara has escaped with full control of my body, she will go back to Snowdin and warn Sans and the rest of the gang to come prepared to battle.

     The plan was explained thoroughly to me that I was ready to go back to being strapped onto the observation table.

     "He's coming G-gaster." Alphys says frantically.

     I watched them both quickly unlock the door and uncover the windows before Asgore could have any suspicions of what exactly was happening when he wasn't around to see.

     Alphys had left the lab once more to greet Asgore and give him the details of what he thinks is the first procedure. I could see through the window of the observation room that Alphys had bored him enough with the details and waved her away. She came back into the lab and signaled to Gaster who nods in return. He was a very good actor when it came to playing the part of a cold hearted monster that betrayed his family to work alongside evil.

     A control panel is revealed as Gaster presses a sequence of buttons and waits. There was nothing at first, but a low rumble suddenly emits as the ceiling began to shake. I was certain the abnormally tall ceiling was going to collapse above me but I was proven wrong as it opens up and reveals a ginormous machine that almost looked like it had the face of a bug with two piercing claws for a mouth. The massive machine was fully displayed before me from above as I began to feel uneasy.

     "Proceeding to s-step two of test number one." Alphys instructs.

     The soul extracting machine was activated as all the children's souls trapped inside individual jars came into view. Some of the souls were banging and hitting from the inside in hopes of breaking out while others floated nonchalantly as if they've given up. I saw the empty jar intended for my soul once more, giving me nothing but chills of fear and worry.

     "Beginning step three of soul extracting in ten seconds!" Alphys was shouting over the deafening machine now fully activated.

     The machine lowered even more to the point the pinchers were on either side of my waist as a bright light filled the lab. I suddenly felt my soul ripping through my chest and pulled into the machine before feeling all of my bodily systems shutting down before slipping away completely.

*    *    *

"Ugh. I need to puke—"

     And that's what I did.

     After getting rid of all my bodily fluids, I sit up and groaned as the memory of pain welcomed me with more than open arms. Cuts and concerning bruises decorated (y/n)'s... body. The memories came flooding back as I noticed I was clutching a crumpled note in my hand. I read the horribly scribbled note:

Go to Snowdin. Find Sans. Hurry!

     "Right, I have (y/n) and the others counting on me." I grunt in annoyance."Well I better hurry before (y/n)'s body finds out I'm not her and slowly kills me."

     I stand up still wearing the white hospital gown only now it has been ripped and smeared with ash.

     "Something tells me everything didn't go according to plan..."

     I could hear sirens coming from the lab in Hotland in the distance.

     "That weird Dinosaur must've dragged me out here to help me get a head start at warning the others."

     I had never been to Hotland with (y/n) before, but I was lucky enough to follow the signs that lead me to the entrance of Waterfall. I sit at the edge of one of the blue glowing ponds and dipped my sore feet in. I groan and looked at the bottom of my feet intensely.

     "Christ, what did (y/n) do to her feet that made them so sensitive!?"

     I had to ignore the soreness coming from the bottom of my feet and continued walking forwards as the sudden realization that I have no shoes to wear once I enter Snowdin.

     "I hope (y/n) doesn't mind getting frostbite on her toes and everywhere else..."

     It wasn't as difficult hiding from passing monsters in Waterfall with so much tall grass near every path but that didn't last long until I found myself at the edge of where Waterfall and Snowdin meet.

     "C'mon Chara if you just run through this, you'll be out of the snow in no time." I tried my best to encourage myself but I don't have the kind of positive energy (y/n) has when faced with these kinds of situations.

     "Just... stay determined— yeah..."

     I take the first step into the snow as I felt goosebumps run through every inch of my skin.

     "One step, a few more miles to go."

     Of course right on cue, a snow storm was coming in quick as gusts of wind blew right through me. My running soon became jogging and slowly was turning into walking. I was afraid to look at my toes in fear that I already lost one along the way, but after turning around to see my tracks I was glad  to see that there wasn't any blood trailing behind me yet if I had lost a toe.

     I was on the outskirts of town where the snow wasn't much different other than there were shoveled sidewalks instead. I was starting to get lingering stares by other monsters, but that didn't stop me from shouting and spitting at them. I was thinking of warming myself up in the closest shops but it seemed like the owners beat me to the door before locking their doors.

     "I suppose you do this to every monster you don't want in your shop!" I shout angrily through the glass window.

     My rage was put to a halt as I took a moment to look at my reflection in one of the windows of the shop. I must've looked like a zombie to most of the monsters that walked past me and kept their distance. I don't blame them though, I was quite a sight; lips black and blue along with every finger and toe, the frozen blood from cuts stuck to my purple and blue skin.

     I broke myself from my trance with a good slap to my face, though it would've been effective if I had actually felt it.

    "I better hurry and find Sans, otherwise I'll be too late to save myself and (y/n)."

     I was already beginning to feel the affects of (y/n)'s body rejecting my soul as I threw up nothing but stomach acid and clutched where her heart was. It wasn't beating as fast as it should.

     I knew I was getting closer and closer Sans' mansion as I guided myself on the walls of buildings, leaning against them for support. My mind began to wander from the cold and caused me to miss the gap of an alleyway, falling onto the frozen ground. I had to get up, but my strength was failing me.

     "Get up... please get up." I begged myself.

     Just when I thought all hope was lost, I felt someone lift me up and wrap something warm around me.

     "(y/n)!? My child, how are you alive and how did you escape from Asgore!?!"

     I look up from the from the warm embrace of the quilt to see who was talking to me.

     "... You're Toriel, right?" I cough.

     The goat lady was shocked by my response.

     "How come (y/n) doesn't remember us, ma?"

     I look down to the ground and saw a younger and smaller version of Toriel.

     "Listen, I'd love to explain why someone you know doesn't know you anymore but I've got some really important things to do..."

     My poor attempt of leaving Toriel's embrace was a complete failure since I was running out of strength.

     "If your name isn't (y/n), then who are you really?" The kid asks.

     My throat was turning dry from the unforgiving cold winds surrounding us in the alleyway.

     "Asriel, sweety, she's tired. We must let (y/n) or whoever she is warm up and rest, then we can ask questions later."

     Toriel and Asriel began walking but soon stopped as I tried yelling at her to stop.

     "Wait, I need you to take me to the Venatores'. They'll have more answers about (y/n) and who I am..."

     "B-but— the Venatores is a dangerous gang!" She persists.

     I latch my eyes onto Toriel's as she stared at mine for a moment. 

     "Please, ma. Don't make the same mistake twice."

     Toriel gasps.

     "—Chara?! Is that you?" Tears were starting to form in her eyes.

     I felt my head fall back as a wave of fatigue hit me.

     I refused to let myself pass out from exhaustion as I heard Toriel speak to her son who was most likely asking about me. Asriel was too young to remember who I was, he was only a baby when I first met him. I was the first human to fall down here and the last one to die of sickness. I guess Toriel never bothered to tell her son about me— or I was just forgotten.

I didn't know where Toriel and Asriel were taking me anymore, I had no more strength to lift my head and argue with either of them. All I could hope was that they took my advice and were taking me to Sans. My eyes couldn't focus on anything anymore as Toriel carried me, it was like trying to fight back death a second time. I never thought Toriel would've taken my advice and brought me to Snowdin's most powerful mafia. I managed a faint smile as I saw the familiar iron gates of Sans' mansion in the distance as Toriel pushed them open without hesitation.

     We were just about to reach the steps to the entrance but we were cut off by warning shots from above.

     "Don't you take another step missy or we will shoot!"

     Toriel began panicking as she made Asriel hide behind her for protection.

    "Wait, I have someone you know! She's a human and her name is (y/n)!" Toriel shouts to the snipers on the roof.

     The mansion's door immediately swing open wide as I saw two familiar figures run out to me with Sans greeting me first.

     "i can't believe it's you, doll!" Sans scoops me up from Toriel's arms and brings me into the drafty mansion.

     Papyrus escorted Toriel and Asriel inside as he continually apologizes for his snipers threatening the former queen and prince of the Underground.

     "you're so cold, doll. even wrapped up you're frozen solid." Sans says holding my hand.

     He takes me to another room where he had a fire going as he sits down in front of the fireplace, still holding me inside the blanket Toriel had given me.

     "what's wrong, doll? do ya need some food and water?" He asks.

     "That would be nice." I say with a dry raspy voice.

     "be back in a flash, doll." He winks before teleporting away.

     I didn't know how I was going to break the news to Sans that his precious 'doll' isn't with him right now and instead is talking to (y/n)'s obnoxious 'parasite'. For once it was nice being treated like a human by him instead of being shunned.

     I tried not to let Sans see my eyes weren't (y/n)'s usual color once he returned from his journey with a steaming plate of pasta and a warm glass of cider. He insisted on feeding me a few mouthfuls before letting me feed myself. I kept my eyes closed most of the time he fed me as I tried to savor every bite he fed me. As soon as Sans handed me the fork I unraveled the upper half of myself from the blankets, revealing my battered skin to Sans as I reached out to the plate of food. I felt like an animal for the first few minutes of eating as I felt Sans' eyes watching me. I could tell he knew something is off.

     "geez doll, what did they do to ya while you were in hell?" Sans was worried about my complection more than I was at the moment.

     I finished up the last of the cider and made sure that every strand of spaghetti was gone before breaking the news to Sans and embracing the potential rage that will come of it.

     "First off, stop calling me doll. (y/n) isn't here at the moment soletmefinishspeakingbeforeyougobalisticonme." I had rushed the last part of my sentence in fear that Sans would kill me but the sudden realization came to me that Sans couldn't hurt me since I was in (y/n)'s body.

     "what do you mean (y/n) isn't fucking here..." His voice dropped an octave. 

     I groaned at Sans' over dramatic tone but I refused to look at him and continued talking.

     "Look, I don't know how else to tell you this but (y/n)'s body is going to die if I stay in it any longer and her and Gaster are counting on me to give you the message to set out to Hotland before Asgore absorbs her and the rest of the souls."

     I was surprised to get any calm response from Sans at this point.

     "are ya tellin' me we're goin' to war?"

     "Think of it more as a rise up from all that is wicked..."

*    *    *

Something didn't feel right. Actually— nothing felt right at all. Where was I? I can't see, I can't feel... my arms, legs, fingers, toes— am I dead?

     "̷̤͓͉̻̟̻͕̘̤̗͎̥͕̄̓̾D̴͔̜͔̪̥̠̜̮̻̊̌̄͌͗͋͒̕͝ǫ̴̡̘͇̪̠͙̟̤̣̭̀̉́̋̏ñ̴̙̤͚͉̩͈̺̔̓̂̊͛̚̕͘͠'̵̨̢̜̘̼̫̣̦̞͉̣̫͘t̵̡̨̫̪͈̬͕̰͍̼̤̲͙̙̓̒͋͆̌̊̒͆͗̕͝ ̷̡̣͖͖̥̗̗͖͕̠̪̩̠̺̃͂̓̔̾̆̐̏̀̓̓͝͝ͅͅw̷̮̱̖͓̙̩̔̍̎͠o̷̢̧̠͕̭̙͇̤͉̩͇͑͂̿̈͊͊̾͐́̐̕̚r̵̳̝̜̠͉͕̮̣̋͛͂͌ŗ̸͖̪͎͈̘̪̖̯̓̍ẏ̵̨̰̥̹͖̙̖̥̭̝̟͎͑́̏̓̿̊͒̎̃̀͜͝͝,̸̢̼̙̤̜̞̔̈́͛̿̅̌̑̕ͅ ̶̡̨̢̳͍̮̠̟̦̩̖̗̯̘̖̫́̀͌̀͆͛̓̅̃͐̊̊͌͐̈́̚ȳ̶̡̳͓̤̺͔͖̝͚̬͋̈́̃̔́̀̅̀̑̕̚ǒ̶͉̲̤͎̀͋͊̅u̵̳̝̲̮̫̹̓̿'̷̡̢̨̟̮͙̭̙̙̳͔̫̈́̾̎̅͒̽̀̍̚͘͜͝͝͝r̶̭͙̦̟͚̪̻̹̰̲̹̪̒̿͑͒̈́̈́̋̌̈́̿͝͠͝͝é̶̝̲̱̻͈̲͙͉̰͋̉̉͆̏͂ͅ ̶̦̤͇͖̳̻͎̯̫̖̭̫͖͗̓̊̀͐̿̑͘͝ň̶̯̤̮̼̳͓̜͉̤̼̮̥̈́̂̍̓̂̓͒̓̕̕͠͝o̵̢̡̢̩̙̩͎͍̲̩̦̾̄͋͋̃́͐̚͠ẗ̴̟̞͚̟͚͕̯̰̮̑̈́̋̇́͒̔̊̊͒̾̾̄ ̸͈̺͈̤̫͓̬̱̉͋̀̃̋̆͛́̑̾̾͑̚d̶̛̩̺̖̏͌̅̆͒́̒̌͒͒͘ḙ̸̞̟̈́̃̎̇̋̿̽̃͘a̶͖̜̯̲͔̟̳̖̹̣̽̎̀̍̊̈̚͜͠d̵̨̩̘̪̥̹̦̑̐̄͐́͑̂̈́̕̚.̶̩̣̥̦̋̋"̶͈̳̺͍̭͇̜̬̄̉̔̓͌̎̍̈́̏͂̔͂́͘͝͠

     "What?"

     [I said you're not dead, (y/n).] The voice answered in a more clear and non static tone.

     "Wh-who are you, how do you know my name?"  

    The voice calm and soothing, yet it wasn't like any other voice I've heard of before.

     [My name is Dr. W.D Gaster, but you might know me as just Gaster.]

     I wasn't a fool, this person, whoever they were, couldn't convince me that they are Gaster.

     "Nice try, but the Gaster I know can hardly speak a few words, let alone a full sentence."

     [I take it you want more proof?]

     "Yes."

     [Fine, do you remember when we first met?]

     "Yes, I do..."

     [Well, if your memory hasn't failed you, you'd remember that I pointed at you shouting the word 'two' as my best best attempt to inform you that you had in fact a second  soul with you that goes by the name Chara—]

     "Okay, that's enough. I believe you."

     There was a moment of silence between us, but not being able to hear another voice scared me into talking.

    "Are you still there?"

     [Don't worry, I haven't left.]

     "Where are we exactly?"

     I hear a sigh from Gaster before he spoke.

     [If I'm not mistaken, we're in the void.]

     "We're in a void?!"

     [The Void.] Gaster corrects me.

     "But how did we get here? I thought the plan was to extract my soul from my body..."

     [That was the plan, but something happened while we were extracting your soul.]

     "What happened then?"

     Another sigh came from Gaster.

     [This isn't the first time this has happened to me... This damn void is the whole reason why I can't read, write, and speak properly in our world.]

     "How does that even work?"

     [The void tends to mess with what you know and don't know. While that is happening, you recreate memories of what it is you think you know, only to have it jumbled around with the rest of your memories.]

     "...Is that why you always wrote in those strange symbols?"

     [Correct. I must've been in the void long enough that it scrambled my memory of how to read, write and talk and tried putting it back together but with all the wrong pieces.]

     "You must've been here for a long time for that to happen."

     [—I guess so.]

     "Speaking of time, how long have we been talking to each other?"

     [Who knows, it could be seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years, decades—]

     "If you don't know, that's alright."

     [Sorry, I can't remember the last time I had an actual conversation with anyone.]

     "... How did you get out of the void the first time?"

     [I've yet to figure that out. I'm sorry that I'm just as clueless as you are.]

     I could feel the darkness and silence of the void digging into whatever memories I had left. The effects of the void were taking place, I tried fighting back. I didn't want to forget anything I found important. 

     "Gaster, I think it's happening. I'm starting to forget."

     [Don't let happen! Whatever you do, don't forget the things you find important!]

     "Bella... how do I know that name again...? Was it Snas or Sans? Papyr— Paper..."

     My rambling was suddenly cut off by the sound of children crying and screaming. they were calling my name.

     "Ms. (y/n)? I can't see, how can I dance if I can't see?" The voice sobbed.

     "I'm scared (y/n)!" One voice shouted.

     "Why did you let the big scary monster take me away in a jar?" Another voice cried.

     "(y/n)!"

     "(y/n)?"

     "(Y/N)!?!"

     My vision was returning once again along with my memories as I felt myself being blinded by a ray of light shining directly at me.

     "(Y/N), IS THAT YOU!?!"

     I felt myself being shook by a strong force as a bright light continued to blind me. I tried to shield my eyes from the light but was confused when my arms never came to assist me. I then attempted to stand up but already found myself floating rather than standing. The bright light and shaking finally ceased as the moment of realization hit me as my surroundings began glowing a blood red. I found myself staring at the face of a large skeleton from behind the glass of a jar with my name spelled backwards.

     "IF YOU CAN HEAR ME, TAP THE GLASS TWICE."

     I follow the instructions and lightly touch the inside of the jar two times.

     "GOOD, IF YOU KNOW WHO I AM, SPIN AROUND."

     I hesitated at first as I thought about if I actually knew the unnecessary loud voice.

     "Do you really not know who I am?" The skeleton sounded hurt.

     "Papyrus! I thought I recognized that voice!" I say excited as I made sure I twirled in front of him.

     "I have no idea what you just said but it's good to know that you know who I am!" Papyrus says happily.

     "Ah great. He can't hear me speak as a soul." I groan.

     Papyrus lifts up the jar again and looked at me confused.

     "I still don't know what you're saying for the record." He adds.

     I had so many questions that I could ask but Papyrus had no answers to in the state I'm in. He somehow found me in this laboratory with just a flashlight. The whole place was dark for some reason but my instincts were telling it must've happened when soul extracting machine was activated. 

     Papyrus had left the laboratory quicker than I wanted but I had no choice given that I was inside a jar. He had a silencer attached to his gun so that no one would even hear him coming around any corner. I watched from inside the jar as he shot down a few lingering enemies from Infernum as I heard Papyrus whispering to himself to calm his nerves. I would tell him he's doing great but I was going to have to wait on giving him praise once Chara gives me my body back.

     I didn't think it was possible for a soul to get motion sickness until the constant bouncing inside the jar from Papyrus' running was becoming unbearable. I began to float down to the bottom of the jar, no longer levitating. We were getting closer to the thick of the battle as we exited the laboratory and headed straight towards Asgore's castle where all the action was happening. Pit stops were becoming more frequent for Papyrus as he had to find more cover from the enemy. He decides to check on me when the coast is clear as he holds up the jar.

     "It's been a bumpy ride hasn't it?" He says apologetically.

     I try nodding, hoping he would at least understand that.

     Luckily he did as he promised to be more careful with me.

     "We're getting close to where Sans and Chara are, just be patient."

     There were moments where I thought Papyrus wouldn't make it, but at the last second, he was able to turn the fight around.

     "Almost there." He says breathing out.

     Once we entered into the heart of the castle, where the real battle was. There was blood and dust nearly covering every inch of the floors and walls. Papyrus was able to miss a few bullets but of course there were two lucky winners that made their way into his femur. He curses as he tries to keep running, turning the corner fast enough to lose the monsters on our trail and opens one of the rooms to hide. He was relieved that he had found the right one with both Chara and Sans hiding the rest of the souls from Asgore.

     "is that (y/n)?" Sans says pointing to the jar at Papyrus' side.

     "That's her, but I can't understand what she's saying." Papyrus winces and clutches his leg as he limps to a nearby chair to patch himself up. "Those bastards were able to get a few shots in me, right in the leg."

     "Once this is all over, we'll find someone to fix you up."

     I was startled to hear the sound of my own voice, let alone see myself from a completely different angle that wasn't in the reflection of a mirror.

     Sans takes the jar I'm in from Papyrus as he loosens the lid to let me out. I fly out of the jar nuzzled myself up against Sans' cheek bone as a form of a hug.

     "i'm so glad Asgore didn't get to ya first, doll." Sans says with glee as he cupped me in his hands that seemed so much larger than they actually are.

     "I'm glad you were able to save me!" I say with joy.

     "hey, you sound so cute and small." He chuckles.

     "Really?"

     He nods once more to let me know he found my tiny stature adorable.

      "Cut it with the love talk. (y/n), you know what happens next."

     "Sure I do, I go back into my body and we defeat Asgore."

     "And..."

     "— I don't know what you mean, there's nothing else to it."

     "We got to break the barrier, (y/n). This might be our only chance."

     This wasn't part of the plan. Or at least that's what Gaster and Alphys had told me.

     "But what about you, Chara? You can go back to living with me, w-we can share—"

     "I can't keep living like this, (y/n)! I can't keep sharing your life and believe that it's mine as well!"

     I was slowly floating down to the ground in sadness but Sans had caught me in time before I could fully ascend to the floor.

     "I thought you were afraid of dying." I say with regret.

     "I was. But when I ran into Toriel when I was trying to find Sans, she made me realize how much she and her son cares for you and that goes with Sans and Papyrus. Sure I never got to live a full long life, but that doesn't mean I can steal someone else's and claim it as my second chance."

     I was just as surprised as Sans that a soul could actually cry as tiny red transparent tears fell into Sans' palms. 

     "Why such a sudden change of heart?" I sniffled.

     "It's the right thing to do I guess."  She shrugs.

     I look over to where all the other souls were in jars as I heard faint cheering coming from all six souls, including from the ones I never had time to bond with.

     "Why are they all so happy?"

     "They all agree with me that you should have the best life you deserve, (y/n). I think it's time you see that."

     Without warning, Chara leaves my body as Sans catches it before it fell limp to the ground.

     "c'mon doll, you're literally wasting breath." Sans says with a worried tone.

     Sans didn't mean to crack a joke at the worst possible time, but it still made me giggle. Chara quickly intercepted me with a quick soul hug. It felt strange to see each other's true forms at the same time.

     It's been great tagging along with you, (y/n).

     "I'm going to miss your commentary." I laugh.

     We let each other go as I entered back into my body and greeted with a giant gasp for air.

     It was great to feel my arms and legs again as well as everything else. I realized that I was no longer in that awful hospital gown but wearing yet another custom tailored suit. I would have admired the look a little longer if it weren't for the unfamiliar cuts and bruises that accompanied my senses. 

     "Geez, what did you do to me that I'm not aware of?" I jokingly scold Chara.

     Lets just pretend it wasn't that bad even though Sans and Toriel had to heal your body an excessive amount before we came here.

     Sans lets out a nervous laugh and looks away from embarrassment.

     "Hey, Papyrus has been awfully quiet hasn't he?" I say worried.

     Sans and I look to see that Papyrus had passed out of pain as his leg still continued to bleed out as panic began to rise inside me.

     "What are we going to do!? We can't exactly apply pressure to a wound that's directly bleeding from the bone!"

     Sans acts fast given that he already knew what to do from experience. He pulls out his flask and poured half of it on the wound. The pain wasn't enough to wake Papyrus up but that quickly changed as Sans began extracting the bullets out of his brother's splintered femur.

     "here, put this in his mouth once he wakes up." Sans tosses me a strip of leather with teeth marks on it.

     "How do you know he's going to—"

     "JESUS CHRI—" I shove the leather strip into Papyrus' mouth before his shouting could give away our hiding spot.

     "Sorry Paps, this will be over shortly."

     Right on cue, Sans had successfully pulled the last bullet out with his magic and poured the rest of the alcohol onto the wound before wrapping the bone splintering wound tightly with part of Papyrus' sleeve.

     If you want to survive Asgore's wrath, I suggest we get a head start to the barrier.  Chara adds.

     We quickly move the rest of the souls into one jar to make the trip easier to the barrier. It was a tight fit for the souls but it was enough space for them to cope with.

     "How are we going to move Papyrus? He can't go anywhere with the state of his leg is in, Sans."

     "Don't worry about me, (y/n). I'll okay by myself."

     "ya positive on this one, bro?"

     Papyrus smirks as he reaches behind the chair and pulls out a tommy gun.

     "I found this jewel hiding behind my chair before I passed out."

     Sans and I were convinced enough that Papyrus' will be okay on his own, as Sans peeks out from behind the door to see if there was anyone around.

     I held the jar of souls close to my chest, ready to run when Sans gave the signal. He walks out into the middle of the hallway.

     "all clear." Sans says.

     "Goodluck, (y/n)." Papyrus salutes me.

     "I'm gonna need it." I say right before bolting down the hallway.

     Sans had formed a cage of bones behind me as he lead the way. The plan was to teleport me to the barrier but Sans was low on energy and needs to make it last. Bullets came our way but they were no match for Sans and I. We were getting close to the marbled entrance but that quickly changed as one of Asgore's enormous trident collided with Sans' shield of bones and knocked him to the ground. 

     "keep moving!" Sans shouts to me.

      I wanted to save him but I knew Asgore could crush me in a split second if he wanted to. As I ran down the long marbled hallway, I look back for a moment to see that Sans had blocked the entrance off with the biggest wall of bones I've ever seen him make.

     We're almost there, (y/n)! Don't stop!  Chara shouts through the jar.

     It was a race against time at this point. Once the Underground is free, Asgore will have no power over every monster who wants to be free.

     I made it to the throne room that made my blood run cold. Surrounding the throne was piles of dead yellow flowers, just like the ones in the ruins were I first encountered Chara. In the corner I spotted another chair covered by a dusty sheet, the chair obviously used to be Toriels. There was one last room as I felt a faint gust of wind pulling me closer to the barrier. I never really imagined what the barrier would look like until now. My heart pounded as I saw what looked like the barrier. It looked like a gateway to heaven.

     "I can't believe it Chara, we made it!"

     My triumph was short lived as I felt something pierce through my stomach from behind. I dropped the jar of all the souls as it rolled away from me and to the feet of Asgore.

     "Indeed you made it! But of course, all good things must come to and end, don't they?" He laughs.

     I felt Asgore pull his trident out from behind as I began to cough up blood before falling to the ground. He picks up the jar as he then uses his trident to roll me onto my back to face him one last time.

     "My, my, if my eyes are deceiving me I've counted eight  souls including yours!" Asgore says in a happy manor.

     Nothing could be said about Asgore's victory as I writhed in agony.

     "If you're wondering how I was able to get past Sans, lets just say my men where a bit overwhelming for him."

     "So you didn't fight. You ran, like a coward." I sputtered as more blood dribbled down my chin.

     "As much as I would love to pop your skull beneath my shoe, I think you should watch me absorb all of your little friends that you were going to carelessly throw away by using them to break the barrier."

     He unscrews the lid of the jar as held all seven souls in place with his magic as he admired each and everyone.

     "Hmm, I can't decide if I should pick them off one by one or use absorb them all at once..."

     "How about— I make that decision for you."

     Asgore looks up from his trance to see me propping myself up against the wall for support.

     "What did you say to me?" He says grabbing for his trident.

     "I said— how about I make that decision for you!" I say with more force the second time.

     "Sure! Let's hear what you have in mind." He bellows with amusement.

     Despite everything I had gone through, I refused to die. I knew that the souls could see that inside me too. 

     "Chara, why don't we show this pathetic excuse for a king what we can do..."

     I couldn't agree with you more, (y/n).

     Before Asgore could ask me who I was talking to, Chara broke free from Asgore's magic flew straight inside my chest. I felt her determination and mine course inside me as all the other souls broke free of Asgore's grip as all six of them began surrounding me. I could feel my wound disappearing as I charged at Asgore full speed. My red glowing eyes were enough to shake Asgore to the core and cower in the corner of the room. I picked up his trident and walked towards him as the other souls continued to circle around me.

     "H-how is it possible that a human can withstand another soul inside them!?!" Asgore trembles.

     "Simple, it's called possession." 

     I raised the trident above me as I felt a drive of determination help me drive the trident straight into Asgore's skull. He now had a permanent look of fear etched onto his lifeless face as he slowly crumbled away into dust before my eyes. I turned to walk back to the barrier, not bothering to watch the rest of Asgore's remain get carried away in the wind.

     I felt Chara leave my body one last time before saying goodbye for good.

     "I'm going to miss you Chara." Tears started rolling down my face.

     "Don't be sad, I'm finally getting what I want— eternal rest."

     All seven souls lined up with one another as I whispered goodbye to all of them as the blinding light of the sun showed on my face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 7.7K 100
"I'm telling you! She died in a fire 7 years ago!" I boomed and raised my hands up in the air. He was sitting calmly, in his chair and leaned over on...
4.2K 180 34
#6-mafiatale (WOO!) 12-21-22 ⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ this will have shooting, swearing, gore, attempted sexual advances, and other triggering content. If you a...
4.8K 147 35
You are a 19 year old female. You also work at a Cafeteria even if you are rich. Your dad and mom are CEOS and earn a ton of money. You wanted to wor...
36.5K 1K 23
Sequel---- It's Over For Good (Y/N) is a 18 year old who left a Gang called The Royal Guard or as some people called it Mobsters. She is a trained a...