1. Amberstone | āœ“

By chrltt-t

āš’‚š’”š’•š’“š’‚ š’Šš’š’„š’š’Šš’š’‚š’š’•, š’”š’†š’… š’š’š’ š’š’ƒš’š’Šš’ˆš’‚š’š’•.āž (the stars incline us, they do not bind us... More

Author's Notes
1. The Truth about Prophecies
2. Their Birth
3. Her Fate
4. Jason Wayland
5. Eight Years Later
6. Mother?
7. You Will Return It All
8. Prince of Iftia
9. The Girl with Amber Eyes
10. New Moon
11. The Queen's Plan
12. Lylia
13. Jason
14. Nadia
15. It Hurts
16. The House in the Mountains
17. The Execution
18. Elianna's Gift
19. First Meeting, Ten Years Later
20. Eli
21. His Nightmare, Her Lullaby
22. I Don't Sleep At Night
23. A Vow of Vengeance
24. Rowan's Knights
25. Iftia
26. Royal Doctor
27. First Day in Iftia
28. Royal Medical Exam
29. Moonshine
30. Medical Records
31. Please Don't Cry
32. Second Prince of Ifita
33. Nvre Palace
34. Haunting Nightmares
35. Thethia's Visit
36. Jealousy
37. Distance
38. Crystal Clear
39. In the Shadows
40. Stay with Me
41. Elizabeth
42. Those Eyes
43. Heartfelt Feelings
44. Rivian Crisis
45. Truth Be Told
46. The Border
48. Part of the Plan
48.5. Veilstein Manor

47. Fever

9.8K 558 268
By chrltt-t

Iftia: Iftia-Rivia Border

• Matthias •

Thankfully, with the help of Professor Hamley and Elianna, the case at the borders was solved.

That night, Matthias commanded his people to check on the river, but they reported back saying that the whole river was purified and its water was even cleaner than it was before. He stared in disbelief at the guard who reported it but they brought a sample back and he inspected on it.

Who had so much power to do this?

He held onto his assumptions as he left his tent and went towards Elianna's. The moment he entered, Thunder gave him a low growl. The panther curled himself around her as though trying to protect her from any incoming visitor. On the other hand, she leaned her small body against his body, trembling as she flinched in her sleep. He tried to take a step closer but Thunder bared his teeth. Surprised, Matthias raised both of his arms to his side, indicating that he meant no harm. He wasn't sure if the panther would understand him but he tried, "What happened to her?" 

Thunder seemed to understand what he meant because he glanced down and purred pitifully while rubbing his nose against the top of her head. Matthias decided to take another step closer and the panther allowed him to. He remained careful as he placed a hand on her forehead and realised that she was running a high fever. This proven his assumptions right and he knew that she was the one who purified the entire river. Matthias exhaled, "Are you an idiot? Who exhausts their magic energy like that?" 

As much as he wanted to scold her for being foolish and for draining herself to purify the entire river, he knew that if it wasn't for her, it would've probably taken an entire month for everyone to work on the process. Yet, with this small body of hers, it was incredible that she only took a mere night.

Just how strong is she?

He left the tent to grab more blankets to cover her up. He also fetched a basin of water and dampened the towel to dab on her forehead. She whimpered and a frown appeared in her face. Her fingers reached for the collar of her clothes as she tugged on it uncomfortably. Then, he realised that her clothes were soaked with sweat and they clung to her skin. There were no other females on this trip and he deliberated if he should help her change. The thought made him flush bright red but saving her would be the priority. Right?

Matthias squeezed his eyes shut and reached for the hem of her blouse. He was about to pull it up when he heard a loud swish and cold wind from outside rushed into the tent.

"What do you think you are doing?" The voice was ice cold and Matthias felt it pierce down his entire spine. He didn't even have to open his eyes to know that this voice belonged to his brother.

"G-great to see you, B-brother," Matthias stammered, choking out an awkward laugh.

"Don't make me repeat myself," Rowan threatened.

"E-Elianna's running a high fever. Her clothes were d-drench—" Matthias wished he knew how to explain the situation properly so that his brother would not misunderstand. However, the moment he mentioned fever, Rowan had broken out of his deathly stare and rushed towards them.

Rowan reached out to place a hand on her forehead. Thereafter, he moved Elianna, carrying her in his arms. Matthias looked at Rowan, unsure of what he should do.

"Matthias, I'll take care of her. Please move out," Rowan's voice was still hard but it was the first time in nine years that he called him Matthias. Unexplainable happiness erupted from within and he hurriedly pushed himself off her bed and left Elianna's tent with Thunder.

Matthias stood outside the tent, staring emptily at the space in front of him. His mind was occupied by the thought that he never had the intention to take anything from his brother. He only wished to stay by his side and help him out.

If only Mother hadn't created this whole mess, we would still be as amiable as when we were young, won't we?

• Rowan •

Rowan nearly lost control the moment he saw Matthias on her bed as he tried to remove her clothes. Yet, looking at Matthias' reaction, it seemed that things were not as he thought.

He moved her slowly, resting her head on his shoulder. Her body was hot from the fever, and she was perspiring profusely. Her complexion was paler than the sheets and the expression etched in her face showed the amount of discomfort she was feeling at the moment. His heart squeezed painfully when he saw her restless and antsy in her sleep.

"Rowan..." she sniffled.

He swore his heart paused for a moment in his chest when he heard her calling him. He even held onto his breath till his body forced him to inhale. Tightening his grip on her, he whispered softly into her hair, "I am here, love."

He walked over to her bags and took out a fresh set of clothes. Removing her sweat-soaked top, he wiped down her delicate skin using with a damp cloth. She breathed out softly against the cold of the cloth and he pursed his lips when he felt his body reacting to her mellow sounds. He carefully changed her into a new set of sleepwear before pulling her close to him as he rocked her gently, making sure that she slept peacefully.

• Elianna •

She felt utterly worn out and her eyelids were so heavy that it took effort to open them. She wiggled in her position and felt a firm weight on her hip. The side of her face was resting against something hard and warm which smelled of mint and sandalwood. She snuggled in bliss at the familiar feelings of Rowan.

Wait.

Rowan?

Her eyes flew open and saw a sturdy chest right in front of her. Her head shot up and it tackled hard on his chin. She yelped as her head throbbed in pain.

"Whoa, Eli," Rowan raised his hand to rub on her head as he poked fun, "You sure had a unique way to wake me up."

An incomprehensible whine rumbled out from her as she reached out to hold onto the top of her head. In response to that, a hearty laugh burst straight out of Rowan. His deep, rich voice reverberated in her ears, making her flush in embarrassment.

"Why are you here?" she asked softly.

"I told you, I'll be here at the earliest time possible." He moved his hand to her cheek and caressed it. He was staring affectionately at her with his brilliant blue eyes that seemed to shine brighter against the almost total darkness of the surroundings. Unintentionally, her hand moved on their own to touch the corner of his eye. He blinked reflexively and she immediately retracted her hand.

"Why did you fall sick, love?" The tip of his thumb brushed along the round of her cheek.

"I guess I was tired." She lowered her gaze and shifted uncomfortably.

"You're not going to tell me about the river?"

He knew.

"Since you already knew, why did you bother asking?" she muttered unhappily.

"I wanted you to talk to me," he replied softly, there was genuine concern in his tone.

Her eyes widened in surprise as her heart stuttered. She thought he would reprimand her for her actions. Instead, it was because he cared for her.

Immediately remorseful for snapping at him, she dragged her gaze up to look at him. Her eyes filled with guilt and apology.

"You never had to apologise for anything, Eli." He leaned forward to kiss her on her lips. It was brief but filled with fondness and endearment.

"I missed you, Rowan," she admitted as she inched in to kiss him back. His hand smoothed its way up from her back to the back of her neck before his fingers curled around it and he pulled her in to deepen their kiss.

Her heart pounded crazily when he kissed her fervently, his tongue delved against her. He gently nudged her shoulder, pushing her deeper into the bed until her back was leaned against the wall. Her hands roamed underneath his shirt, feeling all the firm ridges on his body and his scorching skin. His hands did the same as they slipped under the hem of her gown and roamed to the underswell of her breasts, eliciting a moan out of her.

He broke their kiss, allowing her to catch her breath. Then, he buried his head into the crook of her neck as he kissed his way up the length of it, stopping just before the sensitive spot near her ear.

"God, you're so sweet," he breathed. His hot breath sent tingles all around her body, tightening the knot she felt in her lower belly. Her fingers curled onto the back of his neck as she let out a soft cry. Her other hand travelled along his shoulder and down to his chest. A low guttural groaned sounded from the back of his throat and he gently nibbed on the sensitive skin of her neck, causing her to arch her back as she moaned in heightened pleasure.

Then, she felt one of his thumbs brushed near an aching tip. Clouded by desire, her body moved on its own. Slanting herself towards his hold, she was begging for him to touch her in places that she had never been touched before. A grin appeared on his face as he continued to make passes with his thumb near the peak but never touching it. A sense of urgency overwhelmed her and she whimpered desperately. He lifted his mouth to hers once again as his thumbs finally swept over those hard and aching tips.

The sensation was too foreign for her to understand. Her fingers dug into his shoulders as she inhaled sharply. Her head spun, lost between her own pleasure and thirsting desire. His large hand moved and cupped over her breasts as he kissed her deeper. Those gentle fondling scorched her from within as her entire being pulsated with want. She moved to grab on his wrist and pushed it down to where she wanted him to touch.

"Eli," his voice strained against her mouth as his hand slipped up to her inner thigh, stopping before the area where she burned with desire.

"Please..." she pleaded and he heeded to her wish. He thumbed gently on the centre and a finger slid downwards, feeling through the moisture that had gathered for him. A low groan of approval sounded before he pressed a thumb harder into the bundle of nerves and circled it rhythmically.

Following his rhythm, she could feel the knot in her coil tighter with each circle he drew. Her head refused to think, it only focused on the feeling of being lifted higher and higher each time. The sensation was too much, so she slumped against his shoulder and bit on his shoulder as every muscle in her body tensed in a satisfying way.

When she was near, she tried to pull away but he gripped on her tighter. "It's okay," he cooed. He pushed her into the wall by the bed and pressed his large frame against her small body when she was tipped over. She cried in her release and he wrapped his arms around as her body quivered.

"You okay, love?" he whispered in her hair and she nodded weakly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

394 122 14
"Losing my crown and title cannot stop me. Leigh, I must do this. For justice. For Emilia." Princess Elilia twin to Princess Emilia watches her siste...
387 77 37
What if you have only been told lies? The lies are even harsher than the reality. What if your name is also not real? Something similar happened to V...
2.3K 261 26
Seventeen-year-old Lucy Owens is struggling. It's been two years since the death of her parents, but she just can't seem to get a handle on life with...
885 141 17
"With every book you read, the more depressing normal life becomes." - Astara Knight Astara Knight wishes desperately that she could escape the borin...