against all odds

By kaymorgan14

juliantina fan fiction kind of follows story line from show but also, doesn't It's like The Office, the first... More

chapter 2: strangers
chapter 3: juliana
chapter 4: confused
chapter 5: fear
chapter 6: ptsd
chapter 7: controversy
chapter 8: tied
chapter 9: collapsed
chapter 10: underlying feelings
chapter 11: a new understanding

chapter 1: numb

1.4K 19 1
By kaymorgan14

Yeah so just as a warning there will most likely be occasional cussing and bad words in this story so yeah if you are easily offended by that then please refrain from reading, thank youuuuu :))

this chapter is about Valentina, read to find out more about next chapter *dun dun duuuuuuuuun*

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Well I just don't understand what you want from me anymore." Valentina explained to her boyfriend over the phone with an emotionless tone.

She was numb. Lucho had been trying for weeks to get her to go out and have fun with him but she didn't feel like doing anything. Since her dad's passing, she was unable to fight off a constant wave of depression. Everyday it seemed to get worse: closing in on her and seeping deeper into her body making her feel dark and heavy.

Lucho let out a heavy sigh over the line. "Valentina, you can't keep acting this way. It was TWO months ago! You need to get over it and move on." anger evidently growing in his voice.

She slightly flinched at his words. A few weeks ago he may have gotten a bigger rise out of her by saying such a thing, making her yell and tell him off. But she no longer had the energy. She was exhausted and slightly annoyed by Lucho. All she wanted was to hang up the phone and down some alcohol to help dull the constant pain in her heart until she fell asleep.

"Come on baby, I promise you'll have a good time tonight. You need to get out of your house and do something."

Lucho was desperate. His girlfriend had barely even touched him in the last two months and it was driving him insane. He didn't understand why Valentina didn't want to spend time with him or her friends anymore.

Before her father passed, Valentina was a completely different person. She loved going out with Lucho and all their friends, often being the life of the party and a social butterfly. Lucho and her occasionally had their issues, but were overall content and happy in their relationship. Now, he had to beg her to let him come over and see her, where half the time she didn't even acknowledge his presence.

Valentina felt kind of bad for him. She knew that he was just trying to help, but Lucho just didn't understand what she needed. His idea of helping her alleviate her heartache was by trying to get her to have sex or go out and drink. She gave up trying to explain to him that all she wanted was for someone to hold her and listen to her, because every time he came over to do that, he always tried to pressure her into having sex.

"I'm sorry Lucho but not this weekend. I'm really tired so I think I'm just going to sleep. Goodnight." she said, quickly hanging up the phone before he could argue.

Her room was quiet and dark, with only a bedside lamp slightly illuminating the room. It was about 9 at night. She stared vacantly at the wall in front of her, her mind wandering for the thousandth time that day to her father's death. Depression and heartache dug a little deeper into her body. She felt surrounded by a haze of sadness and felt like she might cry, but was too exhausted and broken to let it out.

She leaned against her bed frame and reached for the half empty bottle of tequila sitting on her nightstand, taking large swigs until that familiar sense of blurriness swept over her body and dulled her pain.

After a few moments there was a light knock on her door and a woman's voice was heard from behind. "Vale, can I come in?"

It was her step mom, Lucia. Lucia and the young Carvajal girl had become very close after her father's death. His passing made both of them very vulnerable and able to open up to one another, helping each other as much as they could through the worst moments of their grieving. However, even though Lucia still felt a gaping hole in her life, she knew that she had to be there for her family and their company and decided to move on from most of her grief. Whereas Valentina couldn't seem to let go and grew worse by the day.

Reluctantly, Valentina spoke and motioned for her to come in.

Lucia opened the door, instantly noticing the nearly empty bottle of tequila by her bed knowing it had been full earlier this morning. She let out a small sigh before slowly walking over and climbing into bed right next to Valentina, wrapping an arm around her shoulders and looking at her with sadness in her eyes.

"Have you eaten dinner tonight Vale?"

She rested her head on Lucia's shoulder, relaxing more into her side and accepting the embrace without answering.

"I could make you a grilled cheese? I know they're your favorite..." Lucia went on, playfully wiggling her shoulder a little in an effort to coax Valentina. She knew she probably hadn't eaten all day, much like every other day of the week.

She glanced up and down at Valentina and noticed how sickly she was. The color seemed drained out of her skin, with dark circles around her eyes and her cheeks slightly sunken in, making it seem like she had lost an unhealthy amount of weight just within the past few days. Her hair was greasy, pulled up into a sloppy bun and she smelled like she hadn't showered in a few days. Her lively, bright blue eyes were now dull and only reflected grief and pain.

Lucia felt guilty for seeing her this way. She felt like it had taken her too long to notice how bad Valentina had gotten just within the last week and knew she had to be a better mom than that.

Even though she still didn't reply, Lucia decided that she was going to make Valentina food anyways and walked out of her room to the kitchen. A few moments later, she came back with a grilled cheese with some fries on a plate and a tall glass of water. Valentina was still leaning back against her headboard, staring down at her hands in her lap when Lucia walked in.

She sat on the edge of the bed and placed the plate on Valentina's lap before telling her, "I'm not leaving until you eat at least half of what's on that plate."

Valentina looked up at her with dull eyes and waited a few moments before replying.

"I'm not hungry Lucia, please I just want to be alone." she said before looking away again.

Her tone broke Lucia's heart. All she wanted to do was take her pain away but she didn't even know where to begin. She tipped Valentina's chin up to look at her and begged her, "Vale, please eat something. I'm begging you, just eat half of it and I'll be out of your hair. You'll feel better, I promise."

Valentina could see the guilt in Lucia's eyes and knew she wouldn't leave until she ate. Eating didn't sound very pleasing to her at the moment, but if it would make Lucia happy, then she was willing to suck it up. So, after glancing down at her lap and letting out a quiet sigh, she decided to dig in.

As she ate, Lucia settled in beside her and turned on the big flat screen hanging up on Vale's wall so they could watch a movie. She turned on a comedy to help lighten the mood and waited for Vale to be done.

After a few bites, Valentina realized how hungry she actually was and within a matter of minutes completely devoured her plate. She gestured for Lucia to hand her the water and gulped that down as well, thanking her and feeling genuinely better as her spirits slightly lifted from a full belly.

Lucia just watched her from the side, both amused and shocked to see such a small girl eat so much in such a short amount of time. Valentina made eye contact with her after finishing the water and they both laughed out loud

"Jesus Vale, did you even taste it?!" Lucia exclaimed after letting out a loud chuckle

Valentina looked at her and smirked, "Yes! And it was delicious..thank you" she said before they both laughed again.

Lucia stayed with her for a while longer, thinking about how she can further help Valentina heal and continue to take her mind off of things. She decided that tomorrow she would take her into town for lunch and get her out of the house for a few hours while she quickly stops into work, hoping it might lighten her mood a little.

She paused the movie and looked at Valentina, who briefly protested because she was invested into the comedic film.

"How about tomorrow we go to lunch and you come into work with me for a little bit?" Lucia asked. She saw Valentina's face forming into a protest but before she could get anything out, Lucia continued to say, "You can shower in the morning, get dressed and ready and then we could go out to eat at one of your favorite places?? Plus I think you'd really have a good time at the company. We've been collaborating with some new up-and-coming designers for the magazine and I think you'd really enjoy their work. I know how much you love art and design!"

Valentina looked skeptical. She didn't really feel like doing anything tomorrow; however, getting out of the house did seem like a good idea and she genuinely was interested in possibly seeing new fashion designs.

She lightly smiled at Lucia and nodded her head. "Yeah, okay. I'll go, that sounds like fun." Her eyes shown a little brighter her tone had a hint of excitement for the first time in a while.

Lucia let out a squeal and hugged Valentina tightly before letting go, "YAY! Okay, well it's getting late so I'm going to go to bed but good nigh and sleep tight, and I'll see you in the morning." She said before getting up and leaving to her own room.

Valentina softly smiled to herself, giggling at Lucia's reaction before she snuggled further into her covers and continued to watch the rest of the movie. Shortly after she drifted off to sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------

don't forget to vote and/or comment on what sucks and what doesn't hahaha *nervous laughter*

bear with me folks this is one of the first stories I've written so uh yeah but any and all criticism/comments are welcome

thank youuuuuu

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

521K 2K 61
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
938K 49.8K 31
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
16.6M 643K 63
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
892K 20.4K 48
Luciana Roman was blamed for her mother's death at the age of four by her family. She was called a murderer until she was shipped onto a plane for Ne...