T h e F o r g o t t e n

By AmberLeeH13

{Completed} Six years ago Robin met a guy. The two had what ended up to be a one night stand but he left her... More

P r o l o g u e
C h a p t e r O n e
C h a p t e r T w o
C h a p t e r T h r e e
C h a p t e r F o u r
C h a p t e r F i v e
C h a p t e r S i x
C h a p t e r E i g h t
C h a p t e r N i n e
C h a p t e r T e n
C h a p t e r E l e v e n
C h a p t e r T w e l v e
C h a p t e r T h i r t e e n
C h a p t e r F o u r t e e n
C h a p t e r F i f t e e n
C h a p t e r S i x t e e n
C h a p t e r S e v e n t e e n
C h a p t e r E i g h t e e n
C h a p t e r N i n e t e e n
C h a p t e r T w e n t y
C h a p t e r T w e n t y O n e
C h a p t e r T w e n t y T w o
C h a p t e r T w e n t y T h r e e
C h a p t e r T w e n t y F o u r
C h a p t e r T w e n t y F i v e
E p i l o g u e
IF YOU LIKED THIS....
SEQUEL!!!!

C h a p t e r S e v e n

95.1K 3.4K 158
By AmberLeeH13

© Amber Kalkes 2014

Song: "Worried Shoes" By Karen O And The Kids.

C h a p t e r S e v e n >

Robin’s heart speeds up the closer they get to her house. Charlie’s passed out in the back seat since he crashed from his sugar high. Luke bought him all the ice cream the kid could handle and now Robin’s pretty sure her son may be part cow he’s so full of dairy. Still she can’t help but smile as she remembers how he was all over Luke talking about everything and anything he could get past the globs of ice cream.

“Is he always so talkative?” Luke asks, breaking the silence in the car.

Robin grips the wheel tighter and tries to sound unbothered by his deep voice, “Unfortunately yes but I’m sure all the sugar didn’t help.”

“I’ll keep that in mind for next time.” He chuckles making her chest expand with the mention of there being a next time.

Despite his past words Robin is still afraid he’ll disappear at any moment. The very idea makes a pain in her heart begin and she fights back a gasp at how intense the grief is at even the mere thought of it. If she were more protective of herself she would draw back from this strange little purgatory of a relationship they’re in and keep her distance. Sadly, she isn’t and that can be bad if this ends in the heartbreak she’s expecting this time around.

“So how long have you lived in this house?”

Robin is taken out of her thoughts by his voice. “Um, just about two years ago. I was at my dad’s the first year with Charlie and then an apartment before moving into this place. It’s not the best place but it’s good enough for now until I can save enough to find us somewhere better.”

“And you work as a bartender?”

Robin straightens her spine at the question, “Yes.”

“Does that pay enough?” He asks making her clench the wheel for a totally different reason.

Gritting her teeth she answers him, “It pays fine.”

Luke falls silent after that and Robin keeps her eyes squarely on the road. She just lied to him but that’s not the point. She’s always held her head high knowing that despite the shitty months she faces every now and again she’s able to provide for Charlie on her own. It was a goal she set for herself when she found out she was pregnant with him and its one she’s mostly succeeded at doing. So, it’s a bit of a soft spot for her to be questioned about it.

Finally they pull into the trailer park and Robin’s palms begin to sweat. Why did she invite him over? Sure, they need to talk but they didn’t need to do it at her house did they? Maybe subconsciously she just wanted an excuse to have him alone and to herself but if she did she refuses to acknowledge it. She won’t get her hopes up and besides she’s not even sure he isn’t just playing her hoping for a quick lay like last time only to bolt at first days light again.

Pulling the car over in front of the trailer she shoves it into park roughly. She’s not really mad anymore but she is still peeved. Grabbing her purse from beside her she goes to exit the car but Luke gets a grasp of her wrist making her stop. Looking over her shoulder Robin meets his nearly glowing green eyes trained on her mouth. When they move up to meet her gaze his jaw clenches.

Yanking her closer to him Robin lets out a gasp before looking towards the back seat to see if Charlie is still asleep. Luckily he is but that doesn’t stop the panic growing in her as Luke lifts his free hand to run his thumb along her lower lip. She shudders at the feel of his callused thumb on her soft lip while trying to keep her tongue from jutting out to taste it.

Wasn’t she mad at him about something?

“I’m sorry about what I said earlier.” He says in a low husky voice that has her body on fire. “I wasn’t thinking about what I implied. I think you take as good of care of Charlie as you can considering the mess I left you with. You’ve earned my respect a hundred times over, I can promise you that.”

“I-It’s okay.” She stutters out, her eyelids falling a fraction.

Luke shakes his head, “No it isn’t but I’ll make it up to you. I’ll make it all up to you, Robin. You’ll see.”

Robin nods before letting out a breathy acceptance.

Luke smiles softly at her before leaning forward to give a brief and barely there kiss on the corner of her mouth making all her brain functions stutter to a halt. When he leans back Robin is in total shock and left totally hanging but he seems unaffected as he continues to just stare softly at her. Did he not feel that rush of warmth all over his skin? Did he not hear the breathy and totally embarrassing moan she let out?

“I’ll grab Charlie.” He smiles before sliding out of her car.

Apparently he either has amazing self-control or this sensitivity to him is just on her end. The sound of the back door opening has her shaking her head and her brain beginning to work again. Turning back towards her own door she exits the car and takes a deep breathe of fresh air to cool her down a bit. Luckily, it’s a cooler night tonight so she can save some electricity by just opening windows instead of having all the fans in the house on.

When she hears the back door close she turns and feels her heart instantly melt at the sight before her. Charlie’s head is on Luke’s shoulder and his legs are wrapped around his waist as he clings to Luke around his neck. He’s still dead asleep and with their faces side by side Robin is in awe of how much the two look alike. Same face shape, same eye shape and even the same dimple in their left cheek she doesn’t notice until Luke smiles at her when he catches her eye.

Walking past her he walks up the small porch steps and opens the screen door. Unfreezing from her position she walk hurriedly up to unlock the door before stepping back to let the pair of them into the house. Luke looks at her over his shoulder and mouths ‘where’ to her. Pointing down the hallway past the kitchen he nods before disappearing down the darkened hallway and out of sight.

Sighing Robin looks around the living room at a complete loss about what to now. Here she is in her house with her son’s father and she has no idea how to even approach the subject of what it is exactly he wants to do now that he’s back in their lives. Does he just want to be a separate but present part of their lives? Does he want to actually try to make things work between the two of them like she’s been refusing herself to hope for? Or does he just want to show up, get to know them and then leave again for another few years before popping back up to disrupt everything again?

Who knows? He’s a werewolf for shit’s sake. Anything is bound to be possible, right?

Sighing she drops her purse on the recliner before falling back onto her couch with a groan. Throwing her arm over her eyes she tries to force the tingle still present in the corner of her mouth from his nearly kiss. She really doesn’t have any clue what to do and now he is in her house and she does want to do is most likely illegal in most states.

“He sleeps like a rock.” Luke says as he reenters the living room.

Moving her arm Robin looks him over with a longing sigh echoing in her mind. Yeah, her thoughts are at least illegal in twenty states if put into practice. Shoving her suddenly tired body into a sitting position she leans her head back against the couch.

“Yeah, he doesn’t like to fall asleep but when he’s out he is down for the count.”

Luke nods placing his hands in his hips as he looks around, “It’s a nice place.”

Robin snorts and sits up completely, “It’s a shit hole but it’s the best I can do for now.”

Silence descends over them and Robin starts picking at her a string on her second hand couch trying to collect her thoughts so she can start this conversation in a non-accusing way. She has some serious questions for him but she also doesn’t want to be some pushy baby mama when they were never even in a relationship. It was a one-night thing and its not like they have a claim on each other despite any feelings she may have for him.

The sinking of the couch cushion beside her though has her looking over to see Luke now on the couch looking at her in that intense way that makes her squirm. His bright green eyes are a bit shadowed by the limited lighting but are no less brilliant as they snatch hers up in an unbreakable gaze. Realizing she’s not really breathing at the moment she lets in an uneven breath of air making him seemingly snap out of it.

“I didn’t want to leave.” He says lowly.

Robin’s eyes widen knowing that he’s the one biting the bullet on this one and beginning the conversation they need to have. Trying not to jump in with any question and instead let him say what he needs to she bites her tongue while waiting for him to continue. His tanned hand moves across the couch grabbing hers in it making her veins hum with the feeling of his skin against hers.

“I knew I wanted you the minute I saw you.” He says after a moment, “I’ve never wanted anyone so much in my life but I knew I couldn’t have you. I have some dark shit in my past, Robin. Shit I didn’t and still don’t want to drag you into but I also don’t want to lose you, especially now that we’ve gotten to know each other a bit more.”

Robin clears her throat when he clearly expects her to respond.

“Well.” She begins, “Technically the only thing I know about you is your name.”

“And that I’m a werewolf.” He adds hastily.

“Yeah but I had to figure it out on my own.”

He nods his head slowly, “I guess that’s true. Okay, ask me anything.”

Robin raises both her eyebrows in surprise, “Anything?”

“Anything.”

She tries not to get too excited with this all access pass he’s just given her. Gnawing on her lower lip again, a nervous habit of hers, she picks one question out of the thousands she’s been saving for the occasion. Taking a deep breath she faces him and asks him the first question.

“Where were you?”

Luke nods, seemingly expecting that question. “I traveled around the country. Settling in one place for me is a risky move usually but I lead a trail up to Canada so I think I may have bought myself a month or two.”

“A month or two?” She asks in a thin voice.

He quickly moves closer to her sensing her disappointment and caresses her cheek, “I’m not going anywhere, Robin. I said I’d stay here with you and I will.”

“But you said a few months.”

“Until they come for me. I’m done with running. I need to face this head on.”

“And what exactly is it you’re running from, Luke? You keep bringing this up like its life or death but your not telling me anything. Do I need to be worrying about Charlie and mine’s safety?”

Luke grips her chin and his expression becomes fierce. “You never have to worry about your safety or Charlie’s. I will protect you until my last breath.”

Robin ignores the wave of affection that comes over her at his words. No one, other than her dad, has ever promised to protect her like that. She’s usually been on her own, by choice or not, so the notion is completely foreign to her. Pushing the thoughts and feeling to the side she focuses on the problem at hand. He still hasn’t told her what it is exactly he’s running from.

“But from what? You’re not telling me anything.”

He sighs and leans his back against the couch. “I need you to not speak and just listen until I’m done explaining. Can you do that for me?”

Eager for information she nods.

“Okay. You’ve seen my wolf, the color of it I mean. It’s a rare color in my world. White wolves are seen as good luck charms and even said to hold magical properties. It a dangerous position when people want to either claim you for themselves or get rid of you just so no one can have the power but its not just packs I’m talking about here.”

Robin holds her breath fearing his next words.

“There are hunters out there. They capture and either kill or sell my kind on the underground market. Me, as a white wolf, am a big payday for most hunters. I’ve avoided them most of my life since I first shifted at but I can’t say everyone I’ve know has been left unharmed.”

“What do you mean?”

“I first shifted at five, males seem to shift earlier than most females who shift at the first signs of puberty. Anyway, I wasn’t just rare because of my coat but also because I was born of a wolf female. It’s highly rare for the gene to be passed so directly which was why I was so surprised to see Charlie able to shift.”

Robin nods letting him know she’s listening but her mouth is as dry as a desert. Charlie is rare, Luke is rare and rare means danger for them both. She’s trying to stay calm but the fear is starting to building in her to unhealthy heights.

“My mom took me from our pack as soon as she saw my wolf. She knew the danger and opportunity people would see in it and wanted to keep me safe. We became nomads, never staying one place to long but I was anxious, my wolf seemed to be stronger than most and demanded to be let out more often. One day I shifted without my mother there and that was when they saw me.

Hunters attacked our motel room, shot my mom up with wolfsbane and started trying to get her to tell them where I was. She didn’t tell them so they took her. I came back to the room seeing the mess, smelling the wolfsbane and blood and not finding a trace of her but they were waiting for me. I was twelve at this point and I was strong enough to fight them off but not without injury.”

Luke stops speaking to glare down at one of the scars on his arm. It’s a long one going from the topside of his wrist up to his elbow in a thick line of scar tissue. Robin, with a gentle hand places it over the scar and dips her head catching his eyes with hers.

“They don’t bother me.”

His lips twitch a bit, “I know.”

“So we’re dealing with danger from every angle here?” She asks softly while tracing the scar with her fingertips.

“Y-Yes.” He breathes out shakily. “But I’ll protect you. I’ll protect you and Charlie from anything or anyone who would even think of hurting you.”

“Why?”

“Why what?”

She focuses on the vision of her fingers moving across his skin, “Why would you protect us? Why would you come back when you didn’t even know about Charlie?”

“That’s a bit harder to explain.”

Robin nods figuring it’s more of a duty thing. He was just passing through, saw Charlie and decided to stay. His decision probably had nothing to do with her specifically. Why would it? She was a one-night stand that turned into an obligation in an instant. As the mother of his child she would automatically be under his protection.

“Don’t.” He pleads lifting her chin so he can look at her face, “Don’t think it’s out of any chivalry on my part, Robin. Me coming back has never been about that. If anything it’s more about my own selfishness than anything close to courtesy.”

“I…don’t understand.”

Luke runs a surprisingly shaky hand over his short dark hair as he lets out a deep breath. “Werewolves are different than humans but also the same. We have souls and with souls come soul mates. Due to the wolf side though we can sense ours better on a more animalistic level. The smell, the taste, even the touch of your mate is amplified.”

Robin frowns, where is he going with this?

“There is a reason that you affected me so much when I first laid eyes on you. There is a reason why I came back here looking for you. There is a reason why I am using all my self-control not to push you down on this couch and kiss you like I’ve been dying to since I saw you outside the restaurant dressed up for another.”

Robin’s heart is beating so fast she feels like its about to explode.

“Robin, you are my mate, my other half, my everything.”

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Big reveal followed by....a cliffhanger? What? Yes, its true. Gotta keep you on the edge of your seat people! Anyway, I hope this was as good of a chapter for you as it was for me. 

Tell me what you guys think! I love hearing from you!

VOTE, COMMENT AND FOLLOW :}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55K 2.8K 8
All Rights Reserved!!! BoyxBoy, Book Two, Completed. With not much left to say, Avery isn't to sure what to wtih himself anymore. Having gi...
443K 21K 56
One night, a young man wakes up in an empty room. He looks around, but he doesn't recognize his surroundings. Where is he? Why is he here? Who is he...
156K 5.3K 46
Warning: This story contains mature content [MxB] and mpreg, which stands for MALE PREGNANCY; if you don't like mpregs, you're free to leave. Critici...
439K 10.4K 35
Every fifty years a girl from her village is chosen to be the mate of a werewolf. Myah goes to her friend's house during "The Night Of The Chose...