Flight

By NightWingedAngel

Everything is a dream, it better be a dream. I opened my eyes and saw that it wasn't. I was still laying on t... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: The Beginning
Chapter 2: Wings?!
Chapter 3: The Attack

Prologue: Legacy of the Winged People

135 7 2
By NightWingedAngel

Hello, Heart here 😘

I just wanted to say that this chapter will be explaining a bit about some things. Like, what the Winged People are and stuff like that. So, yeah, with that out of the way, feel free to comment and vote, and anyone who follows me, I'll follow them in return. (I pinkie promise)

Warning: It might be slow and boring at first, but please deal with it, I have no other way to explain the story.

Now time for me to shut my mouth and for you to read. Lol 😇
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
|Jack's POV|

(Jack is 6 yrs old)
I sat on a cliff in a patch of fresh green grass beside a tall willow tree. The sun was just peeking out from behind the mountains before me, splashing colors of pink and orange across the sky as if someone painted it.

This was my favorite place to come when I just needed to get away from my mom and everyone else. I just needed some peace, some time to just relax and fly freely with no one to tell me what to do.

I'm a Winged Person, we aren't angels, we're more like bird people. Just normal, average, everyday people that can fly. It's fantastic.

The Royals (rulers), King Leonardo and Queen Clair ruled over the Sky Kingdom, living in their beautiful white pearl palace, surrounded by gardens and trees.

I've never been inside that castle but I hear it is beautiful from stories that my mother reads me.

Speaking of which, I need to get back to her, she is probably worried out of her mind!

I spread my raven black wings and jumped off the cliff, diving down towards the meadow below before I pulled my wings up, away from the ground as I glided through the sky.

I kept flying before I reached a group of mountains 5 minutes later, each one having dozens of elegant houses on them.

Welcome to the Sky Kingdom.

I flapped my wings to keep my balance as I approached a white stone house, perched on the top of the mountain with ivy climbing up the walls and pink and yellow flowers dotting the grass around it.

I landed on the doorstep and I opened the door to see my mother, yelling my little sister, who was dressed up in a lovely, flowing gown with her soft grey wings sticking out of her back. Mother turned to me and she frowned.

"Jack! Get dressed right now! It's a glorious day, and we must not be late!" She exclaimed. "Late? For what?" I asked, and mother smiled and laughed in joy. "The time has come, Queen Clair has had her baby!" She smiled as she clapped her hands. "Now hurry and wash up, and wear something nice." She said as she pushed me towards my room. "There's a huge celebration at the castle, and everyone's invited!"

'In the castle?' A smile stretched across my face as I ran down the hall and flew up the stairs to my room. "No flying in the house, Jack!" Mom yelled as I reached the top step.

"Sorry, mom!" I called to her as I dashed to my room, opening the door and closing it behind me. I saw some nice clothes laid out on the bed and I walked over to them. 'This is probably what my mom wanted me to wear.' I thought as I slipped on a white long sleeved shirt and black pants.

After the clothes were on, I adjusted my wings to make sure they were comfortable through the slits on the back of the shirt, and I ran to the bathroom. I washed my face and straightened the feathers on my wings. I looked in the mirror, then dashed out and jumped down the stairs.

"I'm ready, mother." I said as I walk into the kitchen to see her standing outside, her huge black and white dotted wings spread out as she stood on the porch, soaking in the morning sun.

"It's a beautiful day." She said as my 2 year old little sister ran out to join her.

She turned towards me and smiled, then picked up my little sister and started flapped her wings, which lifted her into the air. "Follow me." She said as she started flying to the castle.

I took a running start off the edge of the cliff and jumped, soaring through the air as I tried to keep up with her. I just relaxed, feeling my strong wings carry me against the wind currents and the breeze making my eyes sting and my eyes water. There was nothing in this world that compared to the freedom of flying.

I enjoyed the moment some more before I landed in front of the enchanting palace, where the people were entering. I looked through the large crowd before I saw my mom and I walked over to her, holding her hand so we wouldn't get lost.

We went into the castle together, and the beauty came crashing down on me, making me gasp as I looked around. The walls were pearly white and it slightly glowed when the gentle light of the sun touched it. The floor was made from night black marble, and the doors and walls were trimmed with gold and dazzling silver.

My eyes looked over every last detail, for there was not one single flaw. I took it all in as I walked down the hall.

Finally, me and the rest of the crowd reached the throne room, to see the King, tall and muscular, sitting on his throne of gold and red silk with a log silver staff in his hand.

He had dark brown hair, long enough to fall around his shoulders, and make him look younger. His emerald green eyes sparkled with the most curious light, and he wore a Greek robe of white, red and gold.

Beside him sat his queen, elegant and fragile like a flower. Her long, wavy blond hair tumbled down her back like waves in the ocean and reached her knees. She had mysterious misty blue eyes and skin soft to the touch. She held a small bundle of blankets in her arms, cradling it and saying comforting words to it.

Hidden in the blankets was a small baby girl, with fluffy brown hair on her head and striking leaf green eyes. Two small white wings were sprouted on her shoulder blades, folded against her back, and she giggled as she saw the people crowding before them.

The white-winged Royals smiled and the queen held her baby up for everyone to see.

"People of the Sky, we hereby tell you the name of our little Sky Princess; Emily, for she shall rule you and this Kingdom one day." The queen said, and the crowd cheered. I smiled as the child looked around, and for a second, she looked directly at me.

There was a slight spark inside me, and I jumped about a foot in the air from the shock.

Queen Clair glanced at me and we locked eyes. There was an awkward moment as we just stared at each other, and then she smiled as she held her baby close to her.

The crowd quieted down as the King stood up to speak, but before he could do so, the glass windows shattered and dark, storm clouds blocked off the sun and the rest of the sky.

Emily cried as her mother held her protectively, but everybody else was silent. Suddenly, the castle doors slammed open, and people with tree branch-like wings flew into the room.

They had pitch black hair, forked tongues and bloodshot eyes. This is what people call the corrupted ones, for their souls have been changed and corrupted by their insanity. They used to be peaceful Winged People, but something drove them crazy until their souls were corrupted enough to be taken by their King, Isaac.

Speak of the devil, because black smoke drifted into the room as Isaac strolled into the room, his wings looking more like bat wings instead of branches of a dead tree, but they still looked twisted.

"King Leonardo and Queen Clair... It seems a little goose was born." He grinned, showing off jagged fangs as he pointed to the Princess. "You were banished long ago, Isaac, now leave!" Leonardo shouted, hissing his name as if it were cursed.

Isaac looked at him to see if he was serious and then burst out laughing. "Leave?! After I just arrived?!" He cackled, his laughter making Emily cry again.

He glanced down at her and grinned again. "Not until I have the girl."

Leonardo jumped in front of his wife and daughter, opening his large wings as if to threaten Isaac, but he seemed unfazed by the action. "The girl. Now." He hissed, and Leonardo let out a mighty yell as he flew at Isaac, unsheathing a long, silver sword from his belt and swung it at the insane king.

He sidestepped out of the way and pulled out his own blade, black as black can get with a skull on the base, which attached the blade to the handle.

He swung it at Leonardo, but he blocked it and pushed him back. "Run, Clair!" He shouted, and his wife spread her snowy white wings and took flight, along with her arms wrapped around Emily.

I flew after them to keep them safe, pulling a knife from my boot as I charged at a corrupted one, stabbing the knife through its head, and making it fall.

Clair turned to see me and she looked shocked at first, but then grabbed my wrist and pulled me along. "You foolish, brave boy! What are you doing?" She exclaimed. "I need to protect you and Princess." I said, and we landed on the other side of the castle to rest.

"You could have died. Just... Please be careful." She said. I nodded in agreement and she smiled before she looked at her daughter. "But Emily is not safe here, we have to protect her no matter what. Which is why... We need to send her away." She sighed, and my eyes widened in horror. "Send her away?!"

The Queen nodded and she placed Emily on the ground, stepping back as she put her hands out in front of her, causing a white light to envelop the child. Seconds later, the light intensified, Emily's wings started to fade away and she vanished into thin air.

I stared in shock where the child had just been laying, and I looked at the Queen to see her looking weak and pale. "Are you okay?!" I asked, reaching out for her, but she nodded. "Fine. As long as my daughter is alright, I'll be fine."

I watched as she wiped tears from her eyes and took a shaky deep breath. "She is safe now, but when the time comes to get her back, I want you to go after her."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Wow, that was really long. I hope nobody got bored with this already, I spent hours and hours writing this, so I put a lot of time and effort into it.

And TomboyGirl123 helped me with this, so I give some credit to her too.

Anyways, please stay tuned, bye

~❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.8K 6.2K 123
A story following a young hunter named Jay. He has grown up in a world where dungeons, monsters, and humans with leveling systems are a cultural norm...
251K 10.6K 26
စံကောင်းမွန် + တခေတ်ခွန်း ငယ်ငယ်ကခင်မင်ခဲ့တဲ့ဆက်ဆံရေးကနေအကြောင်းတစ်ခုကြောင့်စိတ်သဘောထားကွဲလွဲပြီး ပြန်တွေ့တဲ့အချိန်မှာသူဌေးနဲ့အလုပ်သမားဆက်ဆံရေးဖြစ်သွ...
43.4K 2.6K 22
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 # 𝟏 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐚𝐚𝐳 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬. Love or betrayal? Consumption of betrayals. Internal betrayal? Yes! Will they be overcome? Or W...
1.2M 39.9K 59
Princess Nymeria is well aware that her kingdom is in decline. It has been for hundreds of years after all. Unlike her ancestors, she's willing to re...