Skinny Dipping At Dusk

By PeytonNovak

When seventeen year old Mia is sent by her mother to go work at an all-boys summer camp, she can’t help but w... More

Summer Camp?
Early Riser
Camp Fire?
A Cold Night..
Locked In...
Frozen Patties
The Ropes Course
A Well Needed Rescue
Twenty Three Is Still Too Old...
The Party Place
Slender Man
Risky Business
Nathan
Not Sexy?
The Hot Spot.
I Guess I'm Just A Child..
Oh No He Didn't
And You Knew?
One Direction Towel
One Less Man...
Landon's POV
An Unexpected Surprise
A Disaster Double Date.
Disappointment
The Ex
A Present From Landon?
This Is NOT A Date
Just Friends
An Accidental Kiss
Gone.
Breaking And Entering
House Visit
Stay?
Mistake?
Not Okay
The "L" Word
Don't Push Me Away
The End Of Summer Camp.
Epilogue

Mixed Emotion's And Treasure Hunting

95.6K 3K 1K
By PeytonNovak

New chapter! Please vote and comment. Also, go check out Alligator_bl00d ..she has a new story!

Just the sound of his voice made me want to disappear into my blankets. He knocked again, and I was sure sooner or later he would bust the whole door down. “What do you want Landon?”

“I need my partner to come help me with the scavenger hunt. Everyone else has started to look; we got the first clues at breakfast, which you didn’t show up to. Now hurry up I want to win this thing,” he complained.

I let out a very loud and frustrated scream while burying my face into the pillow to muffle the sound. All I wanted to do was sleep. And of course, even that little request was too much.

“I’m sick,” I replied giving off a little fake cough.

“Very funny.” Landon responded immediately.

Deciding to ignore him, I brought the blankets over my head to block out the sun and closed my eyes. A few moments passed before I heard the familiar sound of my window creaking open.  I knew it was Landon, but I refused to get up or even acknowledge him.

Once I heard his feet it the wood floor of my cabin, I tensed up a bit. He walked over to the bed and ripped the blankets off my head. Grumbling, I cracked open an eye to observe him. His dark brown hair was ruffled on the top of his head, and for some reason, his eyes didn’t make me want to melt. Yeah, he was attractive, but something kept me from thinking about him in a more, well, heart racing way.

Wow, I never thought I’d say that. Or think it...

“Can’t you tell I’m trying to sleep?”

“Can’t you tell I don’t give two cares if you’re trying to sleep? Remember, I’m the big bad wolf, now get up.”

I laughed in his face before turning over to my other side. Before I even got all the way situated, he grabbed mye and plucked me out of bed like a rag doll. Despite my attempts to pull away, he carried me to the door and pushed it open. Then, without putting me down he brought me outside and towards the lake.

Oh God, no please. “Don’t you dare!” I shrieked knowing what his intentions were. There was no way I was going in the lake.

He chuckled. “Help me!”

“But-“

“No buts, help me or you’ll be taking an early morning dip!”

He brought me closer and closer to the edge of the dock, and my thrashing back and forth did virtually nothing. He was only three steps away when I finally spoke up. “Fine, I’ll help you!”

“Good,” was his immediate response before he threw me off the edge of the dock and into the chilly water.

Oh how I hate Landon.

**

“It says, ‘Underneath your feet I am, hiding just below the sand. In the water I could be, or near the shore, or by a tree. I am not far off from your reach, just come and find me at the beach.’”

I took the clue from Landon’s hand grumpily and read over the words he had read aloud. The water dripping from my wet hair reminded me of just how irritated I was with him. He nudged my arm as if waiting for a response.

“Chill, you are lucky I’m even helping you after what you did,” I spat angrily looking over to the only beach at camp. It wasn’t too big, and a few trees stood by the edge, looming over the yellow sand.

I pointed in its direction. “Well it’s obviously on the beach, either by a tree, the shore, or in the water. I think its pretty explanatory.”

He shrugged his shoulders and headed off towards the sandy beach and blue waters. Grumbling to myself, I followed after him, a bigger frown forming on my face.

“I’m going to look over by the tree line, you look in the water and around shore!” Landon called out, before turning back around and kneeling to the ground.

I watched as he began to scoop handfuls of dirt up and toss them in the other direction. Finally, deciding that if I started looking now, the job would get done faster, I headed towards the water. My feet sank into the wet sand as I wadded in about knee deep and started sifting through the sand. At first, the work was easy, and I looked hard, but after a while my back started to kill and my good work turned into skimming.

Time passed slowly as we looked, and I had already made my way up to shore with still no sign of a clue. My shriveled wrinkled hands dug into the damp sands just on shore. Closer to the dock I moved, the more and more impatient I became. I was just about to give up and plop down into the sand when my finger snagged something hard.

I quickly dug deeper into the sand until a little glass bottle with a note inside came into view. Shouting with excitement, I snatched the bottle up and opened it. The paper was just barely out of the bottle when Landon reached my side with a look or curiosity on his face. I quickly unrolled the little paper and read the words out loud.

“Now that you have found the clue, you must go and find the food. It might be something hot or cold, but either way, it’s rather old.”

After reading the words aloud, I read them back over in my head. “Easy, it has to be in the kitchen.”

Landon didn’t protest at my words, so we both headed up to the kitchen, him a few feet ahead of me. “Wait up!” I shouted after him picking up my pace.

“Maybe you shouldn’t be so slow,” he responded coldly and I joined him at a fast stride.

I ignored his comment, already accustomed to his rather rude personality. Soon enough, we were at the entrance of the kitchen, and I couldn’t be happier. When we were looking for the clues, there was no reason to be near Landon.

“Mia, how’s the search going?”

I turned around to face Owen who was leaning against the nearest counter, a smug smile on his face. My heart picked up at the sight of him. “Uh, okay, a little slow.”

He nodded his head and turned to look at Landon who was glaring at him. “I thought you felt sick?”

I was glad that he ignored Landon’s rude behavior. “Uh, well, I was, am, but Landon insisted that I help him since I’m his partner.”

The sexy cook nodded. “Well I hope you two the best of luck.”

“Of course you do,” Landon mumbled under his breath before turning away and searching a nearby cabanet.

He searched for a minute more before leaving the kitchen for the cafeteria. I let out a sigh of relief once he was out of sight and turned back to Owen. “I have a feeling you weren’t really sick this morning.”

I dropped my gaze to the floor immediately, gripping the clue in my hand harder. Of course I wasn’t sick this morning, but I couldn’t face Owen.

“Here, let me see the clue, maybe I can help?” he finally asked.

I was glad he had changed the subject. “Isn’t that against the rules?” I questioned handing over the note unsure.

He shrugged. “Since when have we followed the rules?”

Owen’s words were obviously referring to last night, and I couldn’t help but smile. This was why I liked him, he could always turn a uncomfortable situation upside down.

“But first,” he said peering over to the door where Landon had left. “I’ve been waiting to do this all day.”

Before I could react, his lips were on mine. The same heart racing sensation pulsed through my body like the night before. But, unlike the night before, I had enough sense to break off the kiss as quick as possible.

“Stop,” I breathed out, trying not to look him in the eye.

There was a long pause before Landon burst through the cafeteria door and into the kitchen. Owen immediately stepped back with a look of guilt on his face.

Landon looked at us suspiciously before running over to my side. “Let me see the clue, I think I know where to find the next one.”

Still a little breathless, I handed over the clue and watched as he read it over carefully. The whole time I was afraid he could hear my heart beating.

“Well I will let you two finish up, uh, feel better Mia,” Owen said before turning around and heading out of the kitchen.

I watched him until the door swung shut and I was left alone with Landon. How could I let Owen kiss me again? I mean, it was wrong the first time. So how could I let him? I guess I did stop the kiss, but didn’t he understand my confusion. There was a seven year age gap, plus, I was only seventeen. If we got caught, Owen could lose his job and got to jail.

What would Julie think? I mean, it would be bad enough getting physical with a boy my age here, but kissing the cook who happens to be twenty three? Not such a good idea…

Was it wrong that I might have liked kissing Owen?

Surely it was wrong…

Suddenly I remembered Landon and turned to look at him. His eyes were no longer on the clue, but focused on me.

“Deep in thought Mia?” he asked in a smug tone.

I didn’t answer. “Don’t worry, if I were up to bad things I would have a lot to think about too.”

Without another word, Landon turned around and headed over to the freezer to look for the clue.

Well, looks like there’s some more tension. Sorry, I know this chapter is NOT the best, and I’m sorry for mistakes. Looks like I may have to get a new editor after all. Anyway, I think it’s really cute how you all love Nathan and haven’t even met him yet, but shortly you will. Oh, and sorry for the lack of Gavin in these past chapters, I promise I haven’t forgotten about him. 

Whoa, I say sorry WAY too much. ....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.9K 292 33
17 year old Hailey and her best friend Sam have won a chance to spend the day with One Direction in Toronto. After spending the day with the boys Hai...
242K 4.2K 28
#20 in Wattys2016Fanfiction Selena Miller goes to a camp for Summer Break called Camp Rock. Her friend Mitchell is there, and Selena keeps Mitchy's s...
15.1K 254 34
('I Will Never' holds the title of My Worst Creation. Viewer discretion is heavily advised:]) Schools out, and your mother finally agrees to send you...
557 23 21
Summer days spent together at the local park, seven years old and their whole lives ahead of them, connected by friendship... Nothing could have pred...