Anything Could Happen

Від daydreamer89

Rose Brooks is an average year 11 student. She loves to hang out with friends, go to parties and she would li... Більше

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
A/N
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 13
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Epilogue

Chapter 14

27 3 0
Від daydreamer89

''Not surprised.''

I turn to Misty in shock. ''Not surprised?''

''Nope.'' She says, crossing her arms over her chest. ''If I was ever asked anything about the break in at your house, she would definitely be my first suspect. I don't know what it is, but there's just something suspicious about her.''

''Wow.'' I breathe. ''And to think you were just being mean all this time.''

''Jerk!'' Misty shouts, sticking her tounge out at me.

''Bitch.'' I joke with a wink.

''Hey, hey guys. Don't get me wrong- love these sisterly arguments, but I think there's a bigger situation at hand.''

''Yeah, don't worry I certainly haven't forgot.'' I sigh. ''Im just trying not to think about it. I knew Lily and I weren't exactly besties, but seriously-how could she?''

Misty shakes her head.

''Im really lost right now.'' I confess. ''Was it something I did? Was it something I didn't do?''

''No-'' Misty and Connor say at the same time, causing them to look at each other for a moment before Connor allows Misty to take the lead.

''No, Rose. Don't blame yourself for this. Lilys just a jealous freak, that obviously wants to be noticed in any way possible. Even if its for all the wrong reasons.''

I nod. That's kind of harsh, but some of it is true. ''But how do you even know she's telling the truth? Any evidence?''

Connor nods slightly at that. ''Well, we don't have any hardcore evidence just yet, but we can tell you that there has been enough reports of a female companion hanging with the 'break-in guys' for the cops to go on.''

I run a hand over my face. ''Gosh, this is all messed up.''

Misty wraps an arm around me. ''It'll be alright, Rosie. I promise you, the detectives will find out what truly happened that night, and we'll bring you to justice.''

I wrap my arms around my friend like wise, and just barely resists the urge to cry into her sweater. What could I have done to deserve a friend as awesome as Sierra?

''Thanks babe.''

''Anytime Rose, really.'' She smiles sincerely, taking Connors hand as well.

~

I was laying in Misty's bed when I heard a knock on the front door.

''Ugh.'' I groan getting out of bed. Misty and Connor went to the park, leaving me to my own devices, and now im all alone at her house and feeling quite lazy.

I hop down the stairs as the knocking becomes persistent.

Someones impatient...

Peeking out the peep hole I am immediately eye to eye with illuminous grey eyes.

I open the door.

''What are you- ''

A hand covers my mouth before I can utter another syllable, and my eyes widen.

''Tom, how did you-'' I try to ask properly, but it comes out muffled more than anything.

''Shh.'' Tom speaks in a hushed whisper as he practically slams the door and pushes me against the wall.

''Mmph?'' I mumble against his palm.

''Alright, ima let you speak, but promise me, you won't scream.''

He slowly takes his hand off my mouth.

''Why-why would I scream?'' I stutter. Now i'm nervous.

''There's a bomb inside your car. It was on your seat-in plane sight.''

I gasp, tears quickly brimming my eyes. ''W-what, why?''

''Hey.'' He says calmly, guiding me over to Misty's couch. ''Don't worry about it, I got it handled. I just want you to sit here and take a breather.''

Don't worry?! Okay there's a bomb in my car, what do I do. Finish watching season 1 of Dexter, or fret over the safety of the whole street?

Yeah, I think im gonna go with the latter!

''What do you mean you got it handled?''

Tom winks at me, and it causes a sense of calmness to sweep through me. Out all of the crazy things that have been happening today, it's something familiar, and oddly welcomed.

With that, he begins to head out, leaving me with a list of questions.

''Hey!'' I shout before he opens the door.

''Yeah?'' He asks, turning around for a moment.

''Be careful, you jerk.''

~

It was approximately 3 minutes and 43 seconds until I heard the all too familiar sound of police sirens, and the light, yet hard noise of the SWAT team approaching Misty's front yard.

Yep, I was actually counting every second.

By the way, it had been 6 minutes and 11 seconds since Tom has left out of the house.

Yeah, a bit too in depth, but what am I supposed to do?! Wait here like a good little puppy until the big dogs handle the fly in my food?

Heh, nice metaphor for a terrible timing.

I peek out of the window and all of a sudden I get flashbacks to that day me and Misty were diligently spying on Tom Harrison who was just someone we made jokes about.

Honestly, I would have never in a million years expected him to be someone that could quite possibly save my life.

Staring out the window, I see a SWAT team carefully removing a beeping contraption from under the seat of my car.

Well, its a good thing I decided to be lazy today. I probably wouldn't have lived to see another day. As soon as I would've gotten into my car-

*knock* *knock*

Yeah, because bombs totally go 'knock knock.'

''Yes?'' I ask opening the door to a man with dark hair and green eyes, and he kind of reminds me of someone.

''We just need to look around. It's procedure. We have to search the house in case of anymore possible bombs.'' He says with a low voice.

''Alright.'' I agree. ''So did you guys get the bomb out of my car?'' I quickly add.

''Yeah.'' He nods, and smiles a little.

''Thank you all.'' I say, and he simply nods again before heading upstairs.

Hmm....

Something feels weird.

~

It's an hour later when all the detectives and SWAT members are out of Misty's house, and the funniest thing of all is the fact that she hasn't even gotten back yet.

I thought Tom had left with the crowd at first, but I was soon proved wrong as he came into the house to wrap one of those ambulance blankets around me-which I shoved off immediately.

Like seriously? What's the point in those things?! If I haven't just been rescued from the Niagara falls, then I don't really see the point of being wrapped in one of those.

''Feisty.'' He laughs, and I hardly resist the urge to smack him across his head.

This is an important situation , not the time to be making jokes-well, I made a joke, but I have that right! It was my car that was possibly getting blown up!

Talk about a big bang.

''So what happens next?'' I ask Tom, who's laying on Misty's couch, staring up at the ceiling.

''I don't know.'' He answers. ''We're trying to figure out how, and why these people are targeting you.''

He turns to me. ''Any ideas?''

''Yeah.'' I relpy. ''Im totally aware of what the 'break in guys' want from me, and why. That's why im just chilling here at the moment. I got it all down pack.''

When I finish my sarcastic answer, I find Tom just looking at me with a little smirk and we fall into a silence thats a bit awkward before he faces the ceiling again.

''You know, it surprises me.''

''What?''

''How you can stay light hearted in a time like this. Most people would be angry, trying to find out who's stalking them, or crying their eyes out. But you, your just taking this with ease. On the outside at least.'' He says.

''Yeah.'' I began to confess. ''I just don't wanna let them reduce me to a crazy person. I don't know if they're watching me right now. They could be. There may be cameras all over this house, and we wouldn't even know. They could be watching me right at this moment and expecting for me to go batshit crazy, but I won't be giving them that satisfaction. Not today.''

It's a comfortable silence the next time, and I stare into space, deep in thought until Tom says something.

''Good.''

~

As soon as Misty got the news that there was a bomb on her own property she immediately came home to make sure I was okay-which may or may not have consisted of a wink from her when she saw Tom sitting on the couch across from me, and a 10 second stare down between Connor and Tom before Connor eventually led up, and introduced himself properly.

After that, the two had left. Misty went to tell my father about the situation personally with Connor, and decided to save me the troubles of doing it myself..

I wasn't ready to get back in that car just yet....

Now, it was about 10 minutes since they left and then there were two.

''Why are you still here?'' I ask, before lighting my tone. ''And I don't mean that in a bad way, I'm just wondering why.''

''Too lazy to get up.'' Is his simple answer.

''Hah, your funny.''

''Thanks.'' He actually smiles.

With a shake of my head, I fall back onto the sofa with a sigh.

''So how are you feeling?''

Resting the overwhelming urge to scream 'What the actual hell is wrong with you?? We don't talk nice to each other!!', I instead go with: ''Im alright. Alright as you can be with at least 3 people out to get you-one being a girl I didn't even know hated me.''

Tom finally sits up, and I just barely stiffle my laughter at the way his hair sticks out.

''What?'' He asks, with confused grey eyes.

I cover my mouth to hide my little smile. ''Nothing.''

He raises an eyebrow, to which I shrug my shoulders unknowingly.

''Anyways.'' He changes the subject. ''I can see there's something on your mind.''

My gaze travels to my hands resting in my lap. ''Im just getting really tired of all of this. Cops questioning me, feeling scared all the time. I miss my life the way it was before that night everything changed. I hate this feeling.''

Tom seems to be contemplating something for a second, before he eventually takes my hand in his across the table.

''Yeah this does suck for you.'' He says bluntly. ''But you have people you can talk to when things like this happen. You got your family, friends. Not everyone has that.''

I nod, and for some reason I can tell he's not simply speaking in general. ''I know that, and for them people im sorry. Everyone deserves to have someone they can cry to. No matter how big or small the problem may be.'' I say, giving his hand a squeeze.

Then I realize we're still holding hands.

Blushing like an awkward school girl-which I am- I quickly pull my hand away and put on my poker face.

''So people don't kill themselves of course...''

''Course.'' Tom says looking at me with those confused eyes almost if I'm some kind of puzzle he has yet to figure out.

''Well...'' I drag out awkwardly. ''How about that Spanish?''

- -

A/N; A million times sorry that we are always so hilariously late updating this story. It's just school and school and more school.

So if you wanna blame anyone for our lack in updates blame school.

Oh and the occasional family problems also.

References: There aren't going to be any in these last few chapters. Most of our references have a lot to do with comedy, and while there will be some comedy every now and then, there won't be as much as there were in the beginning seeing as things are winding down.

Yes, sadly-or happily, each to their own- this story is coming to a end.

Only 4 to 5 more chapters to go before it's officially over.

Even so, as mentioned before there will be a different story coming, and if anyone-and I mean just one person- asks for a sequel we'll post it.

We have some good ideas regarding the possible 'Anything Could Happen 2' ;)

-Misty_heartsgrey

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

Walker Scobell imagines Від Hehehe.Scobell

Підліткова література

123K 1.6K 50
Well i mean its just imagines of walker sooooo Also request are open so if you want one just let me know!
When Two Worlds Collide Від Alexis Brionna💜

Підліткова література

82.9K 3.5K 183
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
KALBE SAPLANAN OK Від Ebru

Підліткова література

16.7M 647K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
Academic lovers Від winterxeve

Підліткова література

139K 3K 47
Crest view academy. This was no ordinary high school; it was known for its academic excellence and fierce rivalries. Amongst the students, two indivi...