Why Me? (TodoBaku)

By WokeASF

Depressed Bakugo tries to hide his secret. However, things never go his way. Word Count Total: 134, 990 More

Just A Little Heads Up
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty-Five

13.7K 477 748
By WokeASF

Katsuki's POV:

About 30 minutes into our nap, Shoto's alarm rang. I guess the foods almost here. He gets up and I do the same, but with Shoto's help. I groan as I put my legs in a criss cross position. Shoto just watches. He walks around my room and he looks at my desk next to my closet.

It has a little drawer built in it and he goes to open it. "Hm what's in here? Can I see?" I open my mouth to yell at him to not look in there, but he hadn't even tried to do that yet. He just put his hand on the handle and waited for my answer. "I-um, no," I say nervously. I have some of my razors in there and also some photos of me and my parents together and happy before I came out to them. "Oh, okay. Wait, is there anything in here that you can use to harm yourself with? If there is, I need whatever it is Katsuki. Please, I won't get them myself, but I would appreciate if you gave them to me," he said sadly.

I nod. "Um yeah there are some razors in there. Also some personal things, so I'll get the razors for you," I say as I struggle to get off the bed. I get off and limp my way to the desk. I open it and Shoto looks away. I take out my small box and take out the 3 razors I had in there. I give them to him and he nods. "I'm gonna keep them in my phone case and get rid of them later, okay?" I nod at what he says but I don't look at him. I hate this. Then we hear a knock downstairs and I tense up. "Hey, it's okay. It's just the delivery guy. I'll go get the food," he says softly and leaves my room.

I slowly make my way back to my bed and by the time I get comfortable and have my legs criss-cross again, he's in my room with the Chinese food. "Hm it's still warm," he says. I force myself to look him in the eye and smile. It falters a bit, and I know he noticed. "Katsuki. Don't feel bad okay? You decided to give them to me and that's a good thing. Don't be ashamed or embarrassed by that." I shake my head and get off the bed to stand with him. "The thing that's embarrassing is that I had them in the first place. It's embarrassing to be caught or telling someone that you do or have done these things. It's the most humiliating thing in the world and I-"

He hugs me. He had put the food down and was now holding me. We're both still standing. His breath is hitting my neck and my arms are around his waist. "What was that for?" I ask. He sighs and says, "For being brave. You're amazing." I hug him tighter and then we decide to eat.

He passed me a box and I eat some. It's jalapenos and beef. It tastes really good. "Mmm wow. I haven't had Chinese food in a while," I say. He looks at me and smiles, but he has his mouth full, so I laugh. "Oh my god, you're so weird!" I yell at him, half laughing. He continues eating and I take some of the broccoli. When I'm done chewing, I go to grab another one, but Shoto gets it first and then holds it up for me to eat. I squint at him and go in for the bite. Before I get to, he pulls it away and eats it. He smirks and puts more food in his mouth.

"Hey! That's mean!" He laughs and I try my best not to laugh, but a smile creeps up and I break. I start laughing and then he holds up another broccoli. I go to eat it again and this time he let's me eat it. I smile happily and he just shakes his head. "And you say I'm the weird one," he whispers, but loud enough for me to hear. I gasp and put my hand over my heart. "How dare you say such terrible things to me! I am truly hurt," I say dramatically. He laughs and puts the box he had in his hands down. He crawls over to me and the smile I had on my face is gone. "Well then will another kiss make up for it?"

I swear I stopped breathing for a second. I nod and he leans in to kiss me. I lean in too and we kiss for the second time that day. I could really get used to it. It doesn't last long before he goes back to sit down kind of suddenly. I sigh happily because Shoto kissed me AGAIN!! OH MY GOSH! AM I DEAD!? AM I IN HEAVEN!? Yup I'm dead. I turn to see Shoto's face and he has a small blush on his face. I'm sure I'm blushing too.

I grab a box of food and put some of the pasta in my mouth. "This is really good. How'd you know what to get?" I ask. He just shrugs, "I don't know. I just got all the types of food I liked and thought you might like." I nod. "I like kissing you," I say, almost completely confidently. He looks at me and smirks before replying, "Oh really? Then maybe I should kiss you more often. Does that sound alright?" I blush a bit before nodding. "Um yeah. Of course, and next time, don't ask," I say. He nods. "Okay, but if I do it in class don't complain," he says mischievously. I gasp. "Oh you better not," I say.

He starts laughing hard. I glare at him and cross my arms. I pout and he laughs even harder. "You should've seen your face!" He says in between breaths. When he's done, he wipes a tear from his eye and smiles at me brightly. I'm still pouting, but that smile makes me smile. "Ah I knew I'd get you to stop that adorable pout," he says. This makes me blush and turn away. "Aww did I make you blush once again!? Jeez, this is great," he says.

I turn to look at him with my arms crossed and say, "You're mean you know?" I say it with a smile so he knows I'm kidding. He starts to pout and now it's my turn to laugh at him. "Aww I didn't mean it. You know I didn't," I say. He shakes his head and sticks his bottom lip out. I smile wider and then push his shoulder lightly. "Oh, stop it." He looks at me from the corner of his eye and then quickly looks away. I roll my eyes playfully and sigh. "Okay okay, you're not mean Shoto," I say. He quickly turns around giving me a smile.

"I know you didn't mean it, I just like messing with you," he says. "I know, you're no fair," I reply. He just laughs and smiles at me. I go to get another box and put the food up to my mouth before I realize that Shoto was still looking at me. Then I put the food down and ask, "Um why are you still looking at me?" Without a second of time he replies, "You're just so handsome and I really really like you Katsuki. I don't know how I've managed to feel this way about you in such a short amount of time. I'm just so glad that you're mine."

I'm speechless. Does he really feel that way about me? It can't be. Could it? I've heard many terrible things about how people feel about me, but if someone can feel this way about me, then it can't be fake right? "Are you kidding?" I ask curiously. He looks a bit taken aback but then he says, "I'm not kidding. I really feel this way about you and I'm so happy that we're together. I can say Katsuki Bakugo is my boyfriend." I smile. He really feels that way about me. "Thank you for telling me," I say. I hug him and we stay like that for a while. "Do you want to take a nap?" he asks. I'm about to say yes before I remember that Mother gets out early today.

I gasp and quickly scramble to check my phone. I grab it and turn it on quickly. It's already 4. What the hell! "Um no! You have to go like right now before Mother sees you!" I say, trying to get off the bed quickly. "Um you um have to go now. If she sees you I'll get hurt really bad. She can't see you. Please I don't want her to see you," I say, almost breaking down. Shoto goes to hold my shoulder and then stops. "Can I touch your arm?" I look up at him, on the brink of tears and nod. "Okay well it's going to be fine. I'll leave now, but please calm down. I hate seeing you like this," He says. I take a few deep breaths and nod. "Okay. I'm better now. Thank you Shoto," he shakes his head.

"I hate seeing you so scared and I'd do anything to make you never feel like that again," he says. "Oh. Well um, I'm sorry," I say sadly. "No, don't be sorry. It's not your fault. But it will get better. I should go now, I'll hurry," he says, grabbing the bag that the food came in and putting the trash in there quickly. "No, no I got it, thank you for coming," I say. He nods and quickly heads for the door. "I'll see you on Monday. Bye," he says as his head sticks out of the door. I give him a quick peck and say, "Yeah okay bye." He smiles and I hear him run downstairs and close the door.

I put the trash in the bag as quickly as possible. It hurts, a lot. But I have to get it out of here before Mother sees it. After putting it all in the bag, I hear a car door slam shut. Crap, she's here. Where do I put the trash!? I hear the door open and close aggressively and I run to the window. The bag is tied, so I open the window and throw the bag out before shutting the window. I hear her footsteps come up the stairs and I jump towards my closet. I open it as she opens my door and looks at me, I close it as if I was just coming out from there. She looks at me and I look down at the floor. "I see that you're doing fine. Maybe last night's beating wasn't enough. It's okay. We still have the rest of today and all of tomorrow," she says.

I feel the dread build up inside me and shake my head. "No please, it hurts so much," I plead. She laughs at me and slams my door shut as she leaves. I hear her footsteps leave and then a few moments later, I hear them come back. I'm still frozen in place and I'm too scared to move. She enters my room again, but this time with a lighter and a beer bottle. "Get over here now you little bitch!" I quickly head over to her even though it hurts to move this quickly. She takes a gulp of her beer and then puts it down on my drawer by my bed. Then she grabs my right arm and lifts up the sleeve. It's not the arm with the cuts, so I'm thankful for that.

She turns the lighter on and puts it to my arm. She has a tight grip on my arm, so when I try pulling away, she just puts the lighter closer to my skin. I close my eyes hard from all the pain and a few tears slip out. "Oh, you're crying now. Like the faggot you are," she says. I feel my heart shatter again. Why does she always say that? It makes me feel like everything around me is fading and it's only me and all the pain in my body. "You're a useless, no good, faggot! You hear that!? I hate you," she yells at me. She puts the lighter on several different places so there are around 5 black burn marks on my right arm.

The pain is good, but also excruciating. I hate it because I'm not the one who's causing myself physical harm, it's someone else and that's really the only reason I self harm. Or self harmed. She calls me dozens of names and like always, I believe what she calls me. I am a freak. I'm a disappointment. I disappointed my friend and Shoto when I told them that I self harm. They know how much of a freak I am. I start crying. Not only from my thoughts, but also from the physical pain. I gasp in pain as she goes further up my arm. I feel like the pain is worse than anything. I grab my right arm with my left and grab at my skin.

My gasps are broken and ragged as tears stream down my face. "P-please st-top," I cry. "It hu-urts so m-much." She laughs and around 2 minutes and 15 more burns later, she stops. She grabs her beer bottle and gulps down the rest of it. She had let go of my arm and now I have it close to my chest. It's not touching because that pain would be the worst. I cry as I look at it. There are pretty big burn marks littering my forearm. Scar make-up won't cover this anytime soon. I hear Mother's footsteps come towards me and I cower back in fear. I've never done that before. It just came as an instinct. "No please! Stop! It h-hurts," I sob out.

"Tch whatever you weak ass fag," she says, annoyed. She turns back as she leaves my room and throws the bottle at my head with all of her force. I go to cover my face, but it's to late. The bottle hits my forehead and it breaks. I hear the glass hit the floor and the pain in my forehead gives me an instant headache. I feel something wet dripping down my face and Mother laughs before leaving. I touch my face and when I look at my fingers, I see blood. I'm not going to be able to cover this up. It's on my face. What do I tell people of they ask? Wait. I'm telling the pros about everything on Monday, so I'll just let Mr. Aizawa tell the class.

I lay down on the floor slowly and stay there in the broken glass. I'm in more pain right now than I was yesterday, and just laying down was so hard because my head is killing me. Wait I shouldn't sleep for another hour. I could have a concussion. I groan and slowly get up. A drop of blood lands on my floor and when I go to touch my forehead again, I touch exactly where a cut is and I wince in pain. Scrunching up my eyes hurt my head, so basically doing anything is painful. I really want to sleep. I manage to not step on any glass and make it to my bed. I can use my phone to text Shoto. I'll tell him about what happened.

I grab my phone and check the time to see that it's almost five. Wow, that felt like forever, but it was only like 30 minutes. I start crying because I have to go through more pain tomorrow. I take a deep breath. Then I let out a heavy breath. Only tomorrow and maybe after that I'll have a more normal life. I wouldn't have to fear going back home. Mother would go away and I wouldn't have to live with her anymore so that means no more beatings. Years of all these beatings and on Monday me, Shoto, and Kirishima will put it all in the past. I grab my phone and sit down. I stand back up and go to the restroom. I grab the trash can and take it to my room.

I pick up all the pieces of glass that are on the floor and then but the bin back in the restroom. Then I go sit down on my bed and take out my phone again. I see that it took me 30 minutes to do that. Probably because it hurts to move fast. I just want time to go by faster so that I can go to sleep. I just want to wait 30 more minutes just to make sure that I don't have a concussion. I open up my messages with Shoto and decide that it would be better to text him now than to wait until he sees me on Monday.

Me- Hey Shoto. I don't want to freak you out or anything cause I'm okay now, but I did get hurt even though she didn't see you

5:07

Snowflake- What? How are you doing? How bad is it?

5:08

Me- Well she burned me with a lighter on my right forearm and the burns are pretty big. Also, she threw a beer bottle at my face, so now I have a few small cuts on my forehead and a pretty big one. I hope they don't scar, but with my luck, they probably will

5:10

Snowflake- Are you bleeding? How's your head? Did you treat the burns? Or the cuts?

5:10

Me- I am bleeding, well I think it stopped, but I don't know because I haven't treated my wounds. I don't even want to move and I don't want to sleep for a little while longer just in case I have a concussion

5:11

Snowflake- Well while you wait to sleep, you should at least clean the cuts on your forehead and make sure that the burns and the cuts are covered before you lay down. If anything scrapes against them, it'll hurt like hell

5:11

Me- okay I'll do that, I'll text you when I'm done. Thank you Shoto

5:11

I get up and head to the restroom. I don't know if we have gauze but I sure hope we do. I slowly but surely make it there and I close the door quietly before turning on the lights. I then lock the door and look in the mirror. There's dried blood on pretty much all of my forehead and streaks of dried blood going down my face. The bags under my eyes have not really gotten smaller. Just a bit, but only because I've slept through most of the night since I moved into the dorms. I've also had naps in between the day with Shoto. Those have helped too. I turn on the water and start cleaning off the blood.

I take out the tiny pieces of glass that are in my forehead as I'm cleaning off the blood. Once I'm done with that, I rinse the burns. When the water makes contact, I feel like dying. The pain is so bad and there's so many of the large burns. Once I'm done cleaning around those, I take out some cream from the safety kit under the sink. I apply it to the burns and then wrap my arm in the gauze that's in there. Then I apply the cream around the cuts on my forehead and wrap my head in the gauze too. Then I put all the stuff away and go pee real quick before washing my hands and heading back to my room quietly.

I close the door behind me before walking over to my bed to text Shoto that I'm going to sleep and that I've cleaned and wrapped my cuts and burns. He tells me to sleep well and that he'll text me when I wake up. I get under my covers and lay on my back in pain. I sigh and then close my eyes. The tiredness I've felt all day hits me harder than a truck and I quickly drift off into sleep worrying about how tomorrow will go and how Monday will be one life changing day.

***
Word Count:3437
Okay so this chapter is pretty short I know. I'm sorry about that, but I hoped you all enjoyed it. This fanfic is getting so much attention and I get over 99 notifications after I upload a chapter from all of your votes and likes. It makes me so excited and really happy. Also you guys should listen to the song My Heart Is Burried In Venice by Ricky Montgomery. It's so pretty and ahh it gets me in my feels. I hope you all are doing good and thank you guys for reading this! I love you all<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.9K 599 17
Shoto Todoroki is beloved by adversity. Although he struggled with depression most of his life, Endeavor's abuse only augmented the agony of fighting...
56.5K 1.4K 19
Everything's fine. Everything's fine on the outside, but on the inside, Todoroki is hurting. Life pretty much sucks between his abusive dad and...
goodbye By Sugar

Fanfiction

207K 4.5K 26
Midoriya doesn't have a good life. He makes it seem as though everything is fine, until someone finds out a secret he was supposed to keep. How will...
7.7K 279 12
"I hate you for what you did, but I hate myself more for still loving you." [Completed on 08/15/21.] 。。。| Note: - This fic is not intended to promote...