Metal Heart [ Jikook ]

By breathsless

Jeon Jungkook has always been against the thought of marriage, of relationships, of kids. He's never wanted t... More

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Epilogue

Chapter 1

132K 4.3K 5.9K
By breathsless

Fitting Park Jimin into his life proved to be much more challenging that Jungkook had assumed. He guessed it was because Jimin had been shoved at him so suddenly that he barely had any time to adjust. In fact, he'd only spent an hour with the boy before he decided he had to shower and go to bed. (Jimin had his pajamas picked out before Jungkook had even gotten into the shower, and Jungkook wondered why Jimin knew which pajamas were his favorite.)

Jungkook didn't give any protest when Jimin climbed into bed with him, because Jimin was supposed to be his boyfriend, so he thought he might as well let the boy that close, at least. He was kind of hesitant to let Jimin cuddle him, but he gave no verbal protest when Jimin looped an arm around Jungkook's waist. He simply shifted, tried not to feel as uncomfortable as he did.

"Are you okay, Kookie?" Jimin asked, and Jungkook stopped squirming. Jimin gave a small laugh, "Jin told me to call you Kookie. Do you mind me calling you that? He said he was the only one who'd ever called you Kookie before, and he wasn't sure if you'd be okay with me saying it, too."

"It's fine. I'm fine. I just need to sleep." Jungkook said. He tucked his hand under his pillow and closed his eyes, let himself melt back into Jimin's chest. Jimin was warm, surprisingly. He felt so normal, felt the way Jungkook remembered Seokjin feeling back when he'd sleep in the older man's bed. He was so warm, and his breath on the back of Jungkook's neck made Jungkook feel a hell of a lot more comfortable minute by minute.

"Goodnight, Kookie." Jimin whispered, and Jungkook fell into his dreams. He dreamt about Seokjin, dreamt about the boy working in his little science lab, working on Park Jimin. He had an odd image of Jimin's open chest, with wires and clear veins connected to his heart. Jungkook imagined the gas pumping through said clear veins, remembered what Seokjin had explained were the mechanics of Jimin. He imagined Seokjin with drills and things like that, sparks flying from Jimin's chest as Seokjin worked, worked, worked on making the robot as human as possible.

Jungkook woke up frowning. He'd turned in his sleep, was now pressed into Jimin's chest, head against his shoulder. Jungkook tilted his head up, hair brushing Jimin's chest. Jimin's eyes were closed, and he looked quite beautiful sleeping. Jungkook shifted again, raised a hand. He went to rest his palm against Jimin's cheek, but Jimin's eyes popped open- quick as if he were panicked. Jungkook's hand ended up on his own chest, holding his heart.

"Jimin! Oh my God!" Jungkook said. Jimin nearly gave him a fucking heart attack. Jimin remained expressionless for the moment Jungkook was saying, "You scared me! I-I thought you were sleeping!"

"Sorry, Kookie." Jimin said, smile coming to his face with a laugh. Jungkook's hand slid away from his own heart, palm landed against Jimin's instead. He could feel a soft pump beneath his skin, and he frowned. His heart worked? Jungkook didn't think Jimin's heart would actually beat. He knew Jimin had one, but it was made of metal, wasn't it? Jimin had a metal heart.

"Now you feel my love for you." Jimin said, and Jungkook looked up again. Jimin's smile was a little smaller, a little softer, but just as happy as it had been when it first came to his face. "Jin wanted my heart to beat. He thought it might make you feel a little more comfortable. Plus, my heart shows love! And my heart will beat faster when I feel more in love with you... or something like that. Jin didn't really explain that part to me.

"I know what you mean." Jungkook said. His own heartbeat had picked up. He moved his hand from Jimin's chest to Jimin's hand, and he brought the robot's palm to his chest this time, let Jimin feel the way his heart was beating. Jimin's smile grew, and Jungkook laced his fingers through the robot's. "You... you can feel that, right? You can feel my heartbeat?"

"Yep! It feels really nice.... But you're not in love with me yet. So what- why does your heartbeat pick up? Are you dying? Please don't die." Jimin said, and Jungkook couldn't help but laugh at that. Jungkook wondered just how much Jimin knew, wondered if Jin had told him about the human body, wondered if Jimin knew the alphabet, how to count, how to read, things like that.

"I'm not dying, Jimin, don't worry." Jungkook said. He sat up a little bit. "My heart is just beating a little harder, I guess. The human heart beats a little more when people start to breathe heavier or... or when they're scared or excited, when their blood pressure picks up. Things like that. In this case, it's... it's kind of like my heart's way of telling you I'm starting to like you."

Jimin's next smile had Jungkook's heart skipping a beat- something Jimin must have felt, because his expression turned to shock. "Oh! What was that? Your heart did something weird- are you sure you're not dying?"

"Not dying, I promise." Jungkook chuckled. He didn't feel like explaining the skip of his heart to Jimin, didn't really want it to happen again when he saw Jimin's smile, so he sat up a little bit, shifted in Jimin's arms. His eyes went to the clock. His heart jumped again, but for a reason other than Jimin. He began to push Jimin's arms off of him, to untangle himself from Jimin and the sheets, "Fuck! Fuck, fuck, fuck, I'm late!"

Jimin tugged him back into bed, and Jungkook squirmed, shook his head. "No, Jimin, I'm late! I'm late- I have to shower and eat and- God, I don't even have time to eat! I've got to go-"

"Jin told me not to let you take a shower at night and then in the morning." Jimin said. Jungkook calmed down for a moment to listen to Jimin. "Taking two showers a day is bad or human skin and you should only take one a day. So you should just get dressed, because you took a shower last night. I'll make you breakfast while you're getting dressed."

"I-" Jungkook couldn't find anything to say. He couldn't believe Seokjin would- how long did he spend on Jimin? Seriously! Telling him little itty bitty things like that.... Jungkook wondered how Seokjin could have possibly thought of putting all these features on Jimin, of making him so caring, of giving him so much information.

"Okay." Jungkook finally answered. He got up slowly, legs shaky from the previous panic. He walked over to his closet, reached out and began to ruffled through his clothes. Jimin was very quiet; Jungkook discovered this when Jimin's lips were suddenly at the back of his neck and his arms were around Jungkook's waist, hands on his stomach.

"Jimin!" Jungkook shouted. He would have fallen forward into his closet had Jimin not been holding him the way he was. Jungkook's left hand went to Jimin's wrist, his right to his heart again. It was beating a little harder than it had been when Jimin opened his eyes too quick about ten minutes ago. "Jimin, please, you need to stop scaring me like that! I'm only twenty-two years old and you're going to give me a heart attack!"

"I'm sorry, Jungkook." Jimin rubbed Jungkook's stomach softly, and an off feeling settled into Jungkook's body beneath the robot's hand. Jimin was gentle, and there was nothing wrong with him, but Jungkook was very uncomfortable with the way Jimin was treating him at the moment. Jungkook stayed silent about it, however, let Jimin speak instead. "I didn't meant to scared you, I just wanted to give you a hug."

"It's okay. Just- don't sneak up on me like that, okay? Warn me next time." Jungkook said, heart softening at the way Jimin sounded so apologetic. Jimin didn't reply. He left the room after pressing another little kiss to the back of Jungkook's neck. Jungkook stood in front of his closet for a moment, because he'd honestly forgotten what he was doing. It wasn't until he looked down and realized he was still wearing sweatpants that he remembered he was supposed to be getting dressed.

"Fuck," Jungkook muttered; this robot was seriously messing with his mind. He grabbed clothes out of the closet, simple things that he always seemed to pick up throughout the weeks. He walked to the kitchen in black jeans and a blue t-shirt, deciding he would pick out a jacket when he needed it. Jimin was standing by the counter, putting together something Jungkook couldn't see from where he was.

"Eggs," Jimin said suddenly, and Jungkook took a tiny step back, shocked. He hadn't made a single noise walking into the kitchen- how the hell had Jimin known he was there? The robot turned around and smiled. He was very clean, Jungkook noticed. Jungkook could never stay so clean when he cooked- no matter what it was he cooked. He often didn't cook for this reason, additional to the fact that he couldn't really cook anyway. Jungkook figured Seokjin had taught Jimin to cook. Seokjin was so neat when he cooked.

"Eggs and toast. Jin told me you liked to eat a simple breakfast. He said you usually eat something out of a package in the morning, but that's not very healthy. So now I'm going to cook for you!" Jimin said. His fingers went to the pockets of his jeans, dipping into them. It occurred to Jungkook, then, that Jimin hadn't had a bag with him when he moved in, and he must be wearing his only outfit- unless Seokjin had a bag for him somewhere.

"He told me you can't cook too well, and you're always eating packaged things- something you can just heat up in the microwave after you buy them." Jimin continued, moving to the stove to mix up the eggs. Jungkook wondered if Jimin had to search for the dishes he was using or if he already knew where they were. Had Seokjin thought to tell him that?

"He would much rather you eat homemade food than food from a package, even if it's simple things like this." Jimin said, and he poked at the eggs softly. Jungkook noticed that Jimin was a little fidgety, always moving or talking, and he wondered if that just had to do with him being a robot and all. "He told me you exercise a lot, though, so you're pretty healthy anyway."

"Yeah," Jungkook muttered, not sure what else to say. He moved to one of the chairs he had set up next to the outside of the middle kitchen counter. The counter was quite small, quite simple, but it was big enough that at least three people could sit and have a meal together. Jungkook leaned his elbows against the cold wood and watched as Jimin moved. The robot didn't look very robotic at all. He moved smoothly, smoother than Jungkook had seen lots of other people move. Fuck, he moved smoother than Hoseok did sometimes; and Hoseok was a ballet dancer.

"You're... really well-built, Jimin." Jungkook thought he should mention. Jimin looked at him, expression a little bit confused, but he was still smiling. His eyes formed crescent moons above his cheeks, so pushed together that Jungkook couldn't see the whites of his eyes anymore.

"Thank you. Seokjin worked really hard on me. He spent lots and lots of time making sure I wouldn't malfunction and hurt you." Jimin said. He moved the pan cooking his eggs to the counter, scooped them onto a plate that already had some toast on it. He brought the plate to the counter Jungkook was sitting next to, waiting, and placed them in front of him. "I'd say I was pretty harmless, though. Seokjin made sure I wouldn't get angry too easily."

"Does he think I piss people off easy?" Jungkook asked. He was joking, smile tugging at the corner of his mouth, but Jimin's answer was serious, "Nope. He thinks you deserve someone that could handle you even at your worst. And I think a lot like him, so I think you should fall in love with someone who won't leave you just because things get bad, or you get upset."

Jungkook was silent. He placed his spoon next to his plate, leaning the concave end of it against the plate, the tip touching the end of his first piece of toast. He looked at Jimin's eyes, noticed how beautiful they were, how real they looked, and he searched for an answer to an unasked question, wondering if Jimin's emotion showed in his eyes as it did most people's.

"Do you want me to fall in love with you, Jimin?" Jungkook asked, voice quiet enough to be a whisper.

"I'd love it if you fell in love with me, Jeon Jungkook." Jimin said, perking up. His hand reached across the counter to touch the back of Jungkook's, fingers tracing over the veins for a few seconds as he continued. "But Seokjin told me it might not happen, and I'll be okay if it doesn't. As long as I get to take care of you and be around you, I'll be okay!"

"Really?" Jungkook asked, tilting his head to one side. Jimin nodded, perky and happy, and Jungkook made a mental note to ask Seokjin why he'd made Jimin so optimistic, why he made someone that would be so willing to wait for something that might not even happen. Jungkook broke eye contact with Jimin and picked up his spoon, scooping up some of his eggs so he could begin to eat.

Jungkook only took about ten minutes to eat his food; and by that point, he only had about ten minutes to eat. He handed his plate to Jimin when he was finished, thanked him for breakfast. Jimin leaned in closer, asked softly if he could have a kiss- just a little kiss on the cheek. Jungkook didn't hesitate to give him one, simple and sweet before he left the room to wash his face, to brush his teeth and his hair. He noticed he didn't have bags under his eyes as he did most days, and he smiled at his reflection.

"I'm leaving, Jimin!" Jungkook called, shrugging on his coat, tugging on his shoes. Jimin walked into the room as Jungkook was picking up his bag for school. Jimin tugged him in, gave him a hug.

"I'll see you later, Kookie! Be safe." Jimin said, waving him off. Jungkook stepped off his porch, walked down the block to meet the man that always walked him to his classes. Kim Taehyung had a big smile on his face, an eyebrow raised, looking very ready to tease, and Jungkook sighed, almost stopped in the middle of the pavement. Had Seokjin told Taehyung about Jimin? No, he wouldn't. He wouldn't. He better not have.

"So, little Jungkook's got a boyfriend now?" Taehyung asked, and Jungkook almost pouted. Taehyung slung his arm over Jungkook's shoulder. "His name's Jimin, right?"

"Yeah. Seokjin made him for me." Jungkook said as he and Taehyung began to walk down the street. Their school wasn't very far away, was only about a fifteen minute walk from their houses. Jungkook often took a run from the school and back if he were up to it in the mornings or in the afternoon- perhaps in the hour he had a break. He wondered if he would have to give that up for Jimin, if Jimin wouldn't let him shower after his late morning run.

"How is he?" Taehyung asked. He squeezed Jungkook's shoulder softly, "Seokjin told me he was a little flawed, but he didn't tell me how. He didn't hurt you or anything, right? Doesn't say anything mean? Doesn't break anything in your house?"

"No. He's not really flawed at all. He's a little fidgety, but that's it." Jungkook said, shrugged. It dawned on him that he'd left Jimin alone- all alone in his apartment, but he tried not to think about that too much. Jimin was harmless. He would likely just be bored, might go through Jungkook's comics, the mangas Taehyung bought him non-stop. Jungkook wouldn't mind that. He didn't have anything to hide.

"Seokjin told me he made Jimin to be really sweet. Is he sweet?" Taehyung asked, and Jungkook nodded. Taehyung hummed, "That's good. Seokjin worked on Jimin for a long, long time- planned for years before he started making Jimin. And even when he started, it took years. I can't believe he'd spend so much time making a person."

"It wasn't even a person for him. It was a person for me." Jungkook muttered.

"Oh, I can believe he'd spend years making something for you. Seokjin loves you. He's practically obsessed." Taehyung said, chuckled. Jungkook just shrugged again. He didn't like to think about the fact that Seokjin loved him so much, didn't like to think about Seokjin spending so much time on something that would make Jungkook happy. He didn't like to think about it, because it made him wonder- why was Seokjin so worried? They were best friends, had been for a long time, but Seokjin could have just set him up with someone. Was he too awkward to talk to people? Yeah. Probably.

"Pay attention in class, Jungkook. I know you zone out a lot." Taehyung said when they were entering campus. Taehyung and Jungkook went separate ways to their classes, so Taehyung left Jungkook with a pat on the shoulder and a wave. Jungkook saw Hoseok a few feet away, waiting for Taehyung with his phone in hand. Jungkook chuckled a little bit. Taehyung and Hoseok weren't dating, but they'd been in love for so long- they really should start dating.

Jungkook went off to class, hand gripping his bag's strap, and he tried to push Seokjin and Jimin out of his mind so he could pay attention in class as Taehyung demanded he do.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 261 40
[Jeon Jungkook Imagination ] #jeonjungkookff A story about two arrogant CEO couple [Jk: I hate you, i just hate you. Y/n: Thanks for your complemen...
22.7K 1.4K 16
•Short Story• Jeon Jungkook was forced to marry Park Jimin, someone chosen by his family. His family disapproved of his marriage to Kim Seokjin, his...
2.4K 69 6
taehyung hates anybody better than him. and by anybody i mean jeon jungkook. at a young age taehyung tortured jungkook physically mentally and verbal...
13.8K 859 10
"You were right. I'm a monster but becoming this monster was never my choice." he spoke. Jeon Jungkook × Reader. Mature content warning ⚠️.