The People Who're Supposed To...

By dummyt

Latest Chapters can be found at https://dummynovels.com/novel/the-people-whore-suppose-to-kill-me-all-fell-fo... More

Chapter 1: First day of being a cannon fodder
Chapter 2: Extremely delicious
Chapter 3: Marking possesions
Chapter 4: Complete care
Chapter 5.1 Retracting one's claw
Chapter 5.2 Retracting one's claws
Chapter 6.1 Tamed
Chapter 6.2 Tamed
Chapter 7.1 Tail
Chapter 7.2 Tail
Chapter 8 Kiss
Chapter 9: Not allowed
Chapter 10: An upright writer
Chapter 11: Rubbing a soft belly
Chapter 12: Favorite thing is the ball
Chapter 13: Starting to panic
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16.1 Welcome
Chapter 16.2: Welcome
Chapter 17: Moved
Chapter 18: Okay, here we go
Chapter 19.1 Fierce
Chapter 19.2
Chapter 20: I'm back
Chapter 21: Jealousy
Chapter 22.1 Earth
Chapter 22.2 Earth
Chapter 22.3: Earth
Chapter 23.1: Teasing the cat
Chapter 23.2: Teasing the cat
Chapter 23.3: Teasing the cat
Chapter 24: Mine
Chapter 25: Ring finger
Chapter 26: Proposal
Chapter 27: Getting closer
Chapter 28: He is very good
Chapter 29: Consequences
Chapter 30: Open your eyes
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 part 1
Chapter 44 part 2
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52: Arc 3
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113

Chapter 74

4.1K 220 26
By dummyt

Translator: Vivi from dummytranslations
Editor: Mimi 😆
Chapter 74

---

The longevity spell that the high priests had prepared for the Silver-haired elf was still ultimately cast. The Elf King's body did not reject the spell but it also did not have any positive reaction.

[Ding.] The quest complete notification alerted both players at once. Gu Yan glanced at the quest panel and noticed that the quest had changed once more-

{obtain the Heather Crystal and Wake the sleeping Elf King - Cyril Ksurien [0/1]}

There was finally a clue. Seeing that the expression of the Priest at the side had also changed, Gu Yan knew that his quest must also have been refreshed.

Fair rivalry was all right. However, speaking of the Heather Crystal... Gu Yan had a feeling that it would not be something easy to obtain. The difficulty of a Legendary Class quest was something all players were aware of.

"According to legends, the Heather Crystal is currently hailed as a sacred relic by the foul demon race." Upon mentioning the Demon race, the expression of all the High Elves at the scene turned cold, and even held a hint of disgust.

The Elves were not an amiable race. They were proud, aloof and extremely well-mannered. Using 'foul' to describe a person was extremely rare and thus, it can be seen how deeply the feud between them was.

Gu Yan: ...

Knowing that the Abyss Demon King and the sleeping Elf King before his eyes were the same person, Gu Yan felt extremely complicated. If these high elves were to know the truth, he wondered what kind of expression they would have...

"Legends may not necessarily be the truth. We will continue to look for more relevant clues and in the meantime, we hope both of you will continue to help us." The female elf that appeared to be the leader told the two players before her.

The Elf King who had been sleeping for hundreds of years, protected by the Tree of Life, suddenly woke up for a brief period of time. The council of High Elves had rushed over immediately but did not manage to catch a glimpse of the awoken Elf King. Nonetheless, this piece of news still brought them great joy.

It was their first glimpse of hope in these hundreds of years, and it made those High Elves who had been guarding the palace less apathetic. They now insisted on protecting the Tree of Life.

With regards to the demons, the human priest quickly found a piece of clue. He posted a message to his guild channel and took on the role of the raid team's leader; the guild were extremely supportive and had faith that he could complete this chain quest.

His rival was already ahead by a step. Gu Yan glanced at the silver-haired elf surrounded by the foliage once more.

So theoretically, his family's lover was... pretending to be asleep?

He could clearly awaken by himself. Gu Yan stroked the kitten's head while following the female elf out of the temple.

He couldn't ignore the act his family's lover was putting on, deciding to simply play along; especially since the other person seem to be particularly enjoying this...

"Meow," the kitten in his arms narrowed its deep black irises and let out a low mew, licking the fingers holding it.

This pair of eyes were completely different from the silver-haired elf's golden irises that seemed to shine internally. The latter was pure and beautiful while the former was like a darkness that could never touch the light, it was simply unthinkable that these two pairs of eyes would belong to the same person.

At this time, Gu Yan could not help recalling the demon race's dark irises filled with seduction--

In this game, how many identities did his family's Qiuqiu have?

Thinking of this problem, Gu Yan had the feeling that the silver-haired elf that he saw this time would not be the last.

"Where is the Heather Crystal? In the fallen abyss...?" Gu Yan asked while lightly stroking the kitten's head.

According to the degree of potholes in this legendary chain quest, players would theoretically encounter many difficult pits.

Just as he said this, Gu Yan felt a person hold him from behind followed by a weight on his shoulders. Afterward, he heard a deep and husky voice beside his ear, "Hmm..."

Hearing this, Gu Yan immediately knew that the one hugging him was the demon with his two demonic horns. But they were currently in the Elf King's Temple in the Capital and the guards patrolling the area were everywhere. An enemy that could make the Elven race hate until their teeth hurt had appeared, was he trying to cause trouble-?

"They cannot see me," Knowing what the youth was worried about, the beautiful demon gently told him.

The hand that had reached out halfway suddenly retracted. Gu Yan had wanted to lift a hand to touch the horns on the demon's head but he realized that doing so would make him look like a magic artist. Therefore, he simply stood frozen on the spot, allowing the demon to snuggle against his neck like a big cat.

There was another disadvantage of being a solo player and that was amplified when he needed a team to run a high-level dungeon. He needed a 25 man team with high awareness but it was not easy to find one.

He could only find the guild that he had worked with before and seek their cooperation in this matter. A high-level dungeon like the fallen abyss is insufficient to rely on a few hunting parties...

Just as Gu Yan opened up the chat box in his virtual column and entered a few words, the demon behind him that resembled a large cat immediately closed the chatbox.

The demon's low voice constantly carried a trace of huskiness. He lightly pecked the ear of the person in his arms and asked, "Why doesn't Ah Yan ask me?"

Gu Yan was stunned by this question: Where else would he find a big BOSS that would take the initiative to help others cheat?

"This is cheating, cheating is..." Gu Yan just wanted to explain to his lover what cheating meant when his mouth was blocked by the other person's lips.

"Why can't you cheat?" The pale-skinned demon frowned and continued to ask. He was already holding back immensely by not immediately giving him the final quest reward. Now, he only wanted to give Gu Yan something that he already had on him.

Gu Yan: "..." He suddenly did not know how to answer.

"Ah Yan just has to kiss me and he will have defeated me." Saying this, the demon squinted his dark purple eyes just like the kitten snuggled quietly in the youth's arms.

#Discussing the right position to defeat the demon king and save the world#

Seeing the youth turn around, the Abyss Demon King obediently lowered his head to offer his horns for the youth to touch in a way that would not arouse others' suspicion.

The demon actively asking for his horns to be stroked appeared exceptionally docile. Gu Yan lifted a hand to touch the demon's horn, but in the eyes of others, he appeared to be stroking the cat in his arms.

Afterwards, everything happened very quickly. When the demon in front of him lifted his head, Gu Yan bent forward slightly and gently pecked the pair of pale lips.

"Ah Yan has defeated me." The demon had easily surrendered to a human and did not feel anything wrong with it, rather, it felt exceptionally good.

Hearing this, Gu Yan coughed lightly and his expression became somewhat unnatural.

After players defeated the dungeon's BOSS, they had to 'touch the corpse'[1] and Asa was hoping that the youth would really touch him. But looking at his expression, for the first time, the highest existence considered the human's sense of shame and took the initiative to hand over a clear Crystal emitting a warm glow.

{Heather Crystal} Below the item was four words as simple as it.

The Demon's Sacred Relic.

The quest could be considered to be halfway done. Gu Yan held the diamond-shaped crystal and in order for his timing to be logical, he decided to find a place to wait for a few hours before returning to the temple.

[Party][Silver Raven]: "Golden thigh, the NPC that issued me the quest said you kissed the Elf King?"

[Party][Silver Raven]: "Oh, that's not right, it's the Elf King that kissed you... Seriously?"

[Party][Sen Luo]: "..."

Gu Yan stared at the words on the team channel, his expression complicated. How did something private that happened at the temple spread out-?

"The High Elf that issued the quest to him is an information dealer in the capital," The demon standing by his side naturally saw the chatbox and explained.

[Party][Silver Raven]: "Golden Thigh, please bring me into the temple as your partner, I also want to take a look at the Elf King."

If it was a great beauty, to be kissed was not a loss. Thinking of this, the paladin standing by the entrance of a bar in a common area touched his chin. Speaking of which, he still did not know if the Elf King was male or female.

It should be a female, right? If not the Elf King would not have kissed another man.

As a straight man, this was how the paladin came to his conclusion.

After agreeing to his request, Gu Yan waited for about three hours before he returned to the entrance of the temple. Naturally, apart from him, there was another paladin in a set of heavy armour by his side.

The guards at the entrance recognised the youth and with the addition of his reputation being at the level of 'Respect', their attitudes were extremely polite. The paladin beside him was on a quest and was also allowed to pass through without any problems.

Entering the temple, the paladin who had never been here revealed a standard stunned expression, frozen on the spot.

"Golden Thigh, you really..." Seeing the deeply slumbering silver-haired elf who had a deep connection with the Tree of Life, the paladin muttered quietly.

After knowing that this human had already obtained the Heather Crystal, the gazes of all the High Elves present were filled with hope.

Gu Yan held the quest item in his hand and walked towards the tree of life. As he approached, the diamond-shaped crystal emitting a faint glow slowly disappeared as it was absorbed by the tree.

But after a while, under the hopeful gazes of all those present, the silver-haired elf being protected by the Tree of Life showed no signs of waking up.

Gu Yan's eyes twitched and he rubbed the head of the kitten in his arms.

Stop pretending, this was what Gu Yan was trying to say. But after mewing softly, the kitten merely tilted its head innocently.

"Your Excellency, why don't you... give His Majesty a kiss?" Although those words sounded absurd, the female Elven Earl, who had personally witnessed a certain scene from earlier, finally suggested.

End of Chapter 74

---
A/n: This is how Gu Yan had been led by Sleeping Beauty Qiu countless times

[1] Touching the corpse: basically means to loot the slain monster, but the drops vary according to player's luck. In this case, QQ is telling GY to touch his 'dead' body to obtain the drop, but we all know what he means

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

208K 16.1K 22
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...
530K 50.6K 34
She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful She is innocent He is cunning She is broken He is perfect or is he? . . . . . . . . JI...
2.7M 151K 43
"Stop trying to act like my fiancée because I don't give a damn about you!" His words echoed through the room breaking my remaining hopes - Alizeh (...
567K 47.4K 31
"Excuse me!! How dare you to talk to me like this?? Do you know who I am?" He roared at Vanika in loud voice pointing his index finger towards her. "...