autumn | severus snape

By couchpotaato

"You have no right interfering with my life, you have made it abundantly clear that I am nothing to you," she... More

a/n
SUMMER
one | cigarettes
two | AM
three | babysitting
four | disaster
five | fences
six | shelter
seven | letters
nine | adrift
ten | headstrong
eleven | caution
twelve | meetings
thirteen | hooked
fourteen | intentions
fifteen | teddy
sixteen | midsummer
seventeen | chances
eighteen | confessions
nineteen | birthday
twenty | legilimency

eight | occlumency

552 20 1
By couchpotaato

"Are we there yet?" She asked.

They were in the forest, hiking up a hill when Ophelia sat down to catch her breath. The combination of exercise and a hangover made her feel like she was about to die on the spot. Snape rolled his eyes and then decided to join her on the ground.

"Perhaps this will teach you not to drink so much, foolish girl," he muttered.

Ophelia closed her eyes and shook her head, bringing her hand up to make him stop.

"Just.. shut up, will you?" She breathed heavily, searching her pockets for her cigarette case.

Snape scoffed and ran his hands down his face, silently cursing whatever God it was that sent her to him. And when the smoke hit him in the face, his rage became blinding again. He quickly snatched the case out of her hands.

"Hey!" She glared at him.

"You're done," he told her, pocketing the case in his robes.

"You take my wand, you take my cancer sticks, you're angry when I drink," she said, amoused, "I can't have any fun with you, can I?"

"Are you trying to kill yourself?" He snapped.

"What I do, or do not try to do, is none of your business." She leaned in close, her nose almost touching his, and inhaled her cigarette deeply, only to blow it out in his face again.

She sees the moment anger takes over his eyes, they widen and his right eyebrow twitches slightly. He grabbed her arm roughly, forcing her to stand and dragging her up the hill. She lost the hold she had on her cigarette and instead focused on trying to get out of his grip.

"Let me go, Snape," she warned, "or I will scream bloody murder."

He suddenly stopped in his tracks and pulled her flush against him, still holding onto her arm. She looked into his eyes, and she didn't know if the warm sensation in her cheeks was a blush, or his warm breath hitting her in the face.

"I could do anything I wanted to you, right here, I could make you scream louder than you've ever screamed before," he said in a growl so low it made her shiver, "and no one would hear you."

She exhaled slowly, looking quickly from his eyes to his lips and then back up at his eyes again. Snape knew she was part love, part mischief. But he didn't know which part she was right now.

"Is that a promise?" She asked quietly, but feeling bold.

He inhaled deeply, his chest almost touching hers as he did so. There was something about him that excited and calmed her all at once. She could feel the sensation of attraction swirling around them like ropes.

"Sit," he said.

"What?"

"Sit down," he said again and the sensation was gone.

She blinked once, and then twice, taking one step away from him and realizing they were at the top of the hill. The view was spectacular, a lake right below them, trees as far as the eyes could see, and the sun glistening over the mountain tops. It was breathtaking.

"Miss Delisle," Snape said impatiently.

"Right, right," she said and broke out of her trance, "I'm sitting."

She sat down, crossing her legs and Snape sat down in front of her, mimicking her position.

"Close your eyes," he instructed, "and clear your mind."

She looked at him, "what? Just not think about anything?"

"That's what I said," he growled, "now close your eyes and focus."

She took a deep, sceptical breath and then closed her eyes. She couldn't really understand how someone simply thinks about nothing, and she wondered what Snape was thinking. She opened one eye to sneak a glance at him, but his eyes were wide open and staring at her. She quickly closed it again.

"I saw that," he said.

"No, you didn't."

Snape sighed, "focus, Delisle."

"I'm trying," she defended herself.

"Try harder."

Ophelia sat up straighter, took another deep breath and tried to clear her mind. But then she wondered what would happen when her father came home, and what the consequences would be for her leaving dinner yesterday.

"You're thinking," he was irritated now. "Close off your mind!" He told her again.

"You know, just because you say it over and over again, doesn't make it any easier!" She snapped.

Snape sighed and tried to calm down, this wasn't getting them anywhere.

"Let's try again," he said, softer this time. "Close your eyes and make your mind blank and calm, control your emotions, let the thoughts flow out of your mind and do not try to stop them."

Ophelia noticed when Snape tried to enter her mind this time. The force was not that powerful, and she managed to shield herself from it. At first.

"Concentrate," Snape ordered, sensing her shakiness.

"I'm fucking trying, alright?" She bit back. And then pictures flashed before her eyes.

He was in her mind, exposing her every thought, every memory. For Ophelia, it was a new experience to see herself outside of her own body, watching in on her own life. She was used to Snape reading her thoughts, but not her memories.

She was four years old, learning how to cast her first spell. Then she was six, crying because the curse her father had taught her killed her bunny. And then Peter holding her, comforting her. Building a treehouse together, swimming together, laughing together. At eight years old, she was dueling her brother for the first time. She won. Afterwards, she helped clean his wounds, whispering apologies as she washed the gash on Peter's forehead. Meeting Vincent at ten, first kiss, first drink, first cigarette, talking to Peter about sex, first sex. Vincent proposing at fifteen, saying yes at sixteen. Peter smiling wide. It was every memory she had imprinted in her mind, good and bad.

Snape was trapped inside her mind, and he didn't know how to get out. If it was by his own curiosity or something else, he had no clue. But she was older now, sixteen and then some. Dancing and drinking, silky sheets and sweaty bodies pressed against each other. Smoke and skinny dipping. Moans and cries of pleasure, it made his body go rigid. His heart beat faster as he watched her life flash before his eyes.

There were specks of blue and pink, the only thing he could make out was the rolled up paper and the white line, slowly disappearing up her nose. His hearing became muffled and his vision blurry. She was seventeen, about to turn eighteen, and the face of her brother was the only thing he could see.

Ophelia finally managed to shield her mind, disarming Snape as he fell away from her, slowly comprehending reality again. Ophelia slowed her breathing, composing herself, and then slowly stood up, trying to blink away the tears.

"You lost control," was all he said.

Asshole, she thought.

She licked her lips and glared at him, wanting to scream. But the pasta she had for breakfast came up instead.

"Ophelia!" His voice was full of panic as he launched for her.

But all she could think about was how it was the first time he'd ever called her by her first name, and how she never wanted him to stop. He gathered her hair in his hands, stroking her back in soothing patterns as she heaved. Immediately feeling better, and embarrassed beyond belief, she tried to apologize.

"Snape-"

He hushed her, "it's alright, we're alright."

He helped her sit down against a tree, facing the lake. Snape sat down in front of her, grabbing her head on both sides and started massaging her temples. She closed her eyes and sighed in content. The embarrassment was temporary, tomorrow they'd be onto another thing, another fight, probably.

"We should get you home," Snape broke the silence, carefully pushing her hair out of her face and tucking it behind her ears.

He stood up then, extending a hand for her to take. But instead of pushing herself up, she pulled him down again.

"Wait," she licked her lips. "I need you to know that I don't do that stuff anymore," she looked at him pleadingly.

"You did yesterday," he said cautiously.

"That wasn't.." she said quickly, but then trailed off. "That wasn't intentional," she whispered.

His eyes darken as they fix on hers, his voice dangerously low, "who did that to you, Ophelia?"

Ophelia. They way he said her name, like it was sacred, it got into her bones and made her intoxicated.

"Well, technically no one," she said, heat rising to her cheeks, "it was a probability thing."

Snape frowned, "how do you mean?"

"It was a game, alright?" Ophelia said, slightly annoyed.

"And you participated?" He asked, the sympathy in his eyes long gone.

Ophelia rolled her eyes, "whatever, forget I said anything."

Snape scowled.

"Let's just go."

They walked in silence.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 156 24
Shortly after Theda Desmond replaces Professor Binns as Hogwarts' new History of Magic teacher, she learns that she possesses a rare talent known on...
38.5K 955 46
Story starts in Goblet of Fire and is currently going through Order of the Phoenix Skylar Simmons is starting her sixth year with her best friend Dr...
14.3K 855 30
‎"‎𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐮𝐬, 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠?" I asked, he then looked at me, sadness taking hold of his eyes. He moved his right hand to his l...
107K 3.2K 103
Professor Severus Snape, the foul tempered Potions Master of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, has lived a controlled and solitary life. Wh...