LONGING || Kimetsu No Yaiba O...

By ablublub0811

LONGING (n.) : A strong desire for something or someone : A strong desire especially for something unattainab... More

CLOSE | Intro
Rebirth | Tokitou Muichirou
Almost | Agatsuma Zenitsu
A Hint of Jealousy | Kamado Tanjirou
Follow | Kamado Tanjirou
Endeavor | Tanjirou x Kanao
Concede | Haganezuka Hotaru
Before It's Too Late | Tomioka Giyuu
Don't Give Up | Tokitou Muichirou
Overprotective | Kamado Tanjirou
ANNOY | Hashibira Inosuke
Library Meetings | Tokitou Muichirou
Elegant and Emotionless | Kamado Tanjirou
Change Everything [1/3] | K. Tanjirou
Change Everything [2/3] | K. Tanjirou
Change Everything [3/3] | K. Tanjirou
Stop | Kaigaku
Be Happy | Kamado Tanjirou
Charmed | Kamado Tanjirou
Truly Loved | Kamado Tanjirou
Flustered AF | Shinazugawa Genya
Don't | Tokitou Muichirou
The Parallel of Me | Obanai Iguro
Very Unlikely | Shinazugawa Sanemi
MANGA SPOILERS | Author's Note
Night Sky | Kamaboko Squad
Revival | Rengoku Kyojuro
So Unfair | Shinazugawa Sanemi
Don't Shy Away | Shinazugawa Genya
The Flawless Bloom | Akaza
The Flawless Bloom [1/2] | Akaza
The Flawless Bloom [2/2] | Akaza
Screeches | Agatsuma Zenitsu
Disastrous Household | Agatsuma Zenitsu
Tagged | Author's Note
The Red String of Tease | Shinazugawa Sanemi
Ara? | Douma
Weak Little Sister | Tokitou Twins
Nostalgic Meal | Agatsuma Zenitsu
Frozen Feelings | Obanai Iguro
A Relief | Uzui Tengen
Adamantine | Kamado Tanjirou
Feelings Restored | Tomioka Giyuu
Cute Love | Tokitou Muichirou
Office Work Mishaps | Tomioka Giyuu
Summer Solstice | Rengoku Kyojuro
Thank You Not Goodbye | Author's Note

Embrace | Ubayashiki Kagaya

10.5K 317 138
By ablublub0811

Ubayashiki x Daughter!Reader from CaptainMikaela

Thank you for requesting!

~~~~~

TRIGERRING

TOPICS

AHEAD

~~~~~

"A daughter may outgrow your lap but she'll never outgrow your heart."

~~~~~

No one expected such a tragedy.

Literally, no one.

"You shouldn't force yourself like this, Oto-san."

She smiled gently at her father, Kagaya, who was struggling to get up from his lying position on the floor.

"Don't worry, (Y/N). I can handle myself pretty well."

A pout rested on her lips. She commented, "I can see that clearly."

A soft laugh came out of Kagaya. (Y/N) didn't protest any further and enthusiastically aided him to the graves of departed Demon Slayers.

She watched from his side. Her height is half the size of her own father. Nonetheless, she is always ready to help him whenever he wishes to go to.

Amidst the peaceful silence, a tiny cough resounded throughout the graveyard. Kagaya looked to the side to check on (Y/N).

Before he could ask, another cough escaped her lips. Then, it was followed by another, with no stopping.

(Y/N)'s little body collapsed on the floor. She started to struggle with her breathing. Her coughs worsen and she needed to punch her own small chest in pain.

Kagaya knelt beside her and brought his daughter to an embrace. He couldn't do anything. With the state of his own body, he can't even shout for help.

"(Y/N)!" Amane hastily approached the two, her face contorted in panic at the sight of (Y/N) in Kagaya's arms.

She was a bright girl with unwavering dedication to nurse her father until the time has come for him to pass. She might be young to get the gist of the reality of the situation, but she's a sensitive girl. She can easily pick up what was wrong with the people around her.

But, she can't pick up what was wrong with her.

"Let's play outside, Nichika-nee-san, Hinaki-nee-san!" (Y/N) chirped.

Her two sisters looked wearily at her way.

Nichika denied, "You should be resting, (Y/N)."

A pout rested on (Y/N)'s lips. She raised her arms and put on a tough look. Despite her almost no trace of distress, pain invaded her body. She tried her best not to grimace in front of her sisters' presence so she can play with them.

Hinaki noticed the slight pain in her young sister's eyes. As much as she wanted to play with her sister, they can't do it outside.

(Y/N) insisted, "I'm fine! Look at me, I'm oka—" series of coughs cut her off. Both Hinaki and Nichika went to her side in a flash. Nichika said, "Let's just play in your room, (Y/N)-chan."

Her pout remained in her lips. She was upset by the hindrance of this very rare disease that she caught out of the blue. She never understood the nature of the disease, but she hopes she'll get through this someday.

She always wanted to bring smile to the people around her. Some of the Pillars that she often caught sight always smile when they had to leave for their missions. Her home needs to be isolated from the dangers of the original demon, which makes it even more lonely than it already was. So, she needs to compromise the situation.

She can do it, if her disease is not in the way.

(Y/N) sat on her futon. She watched Nichika and Kiriya played Tag in the garden through the window of her room. The sad expression on her face was enough to make the atmosphere of the whole room drop.

Hinaki, who silently entered (Y/N)'s room, noticed (Y/N)'s sadness. She gripped the board game behind her back. She could at least let her have some amusement or even a distraction from her disease. With every day that passed by, (Y/N)'s bright personality was slowly fading away. The symptoms of her disease were starting to show in a rapid rate. She was starting to get skinny. Her pale skin was even paler. She couldn't move around without feeling any pain---she can't even stand up anymore. She needs assistance to almost everything that she does. 

Hinaki pursed her lips. 'What a horrible life this is.'

Hinaki approached (Y/N). With a smile, she said, "I've brought the board, (Y/N)-chan. What should we play? Go? How about Shogi?"

(Y/N) turned to her with a monotone look on her face. "I don't want to play."

Hinaki's heart broke at the resigned tone of her voice. Hinaki insisted, "At least one game of Go?"

(Y/N) averted her gaze from Hinaki to her lap. "I always beat you anyway."

"Well, you've always been so good at games like this. No one has ever beaten you in Go or in Shogi."

(Y/N) clenched her fists. Her shoulders started to shake. "If no one has ever beaten me in board games, how come I'm letting this stupid disease beat me?"

Hinaki put the board away. She consoled (Y/N), "You're not lost yet. You're continuing to fight even though it hurts so much."

Hinaki hugged (Y/N). She stroked her sister's hair as she let her broke down into sobs in her embrace. (Y/N) said, "I'm scared, Nee-san. I'm scared of what is going to happen."

Hinaki tightened her hug around (Y/N). She comforted, "I'm scared too. We all are. But, we're not leaving you alone. We'll be by your side until the end."

Shinobu, who was well-informed of (Y/N)'s health condition, frequently visits her for check-ups. She was called out secretly from the Butterfly Estate when she found out about (Y/N)'s disease. Shinobu was really troubled at first. The disease (Y/N) has is not the same as Kagaya. It's much more worse. 

With every check-up, Shinobu grew close to her. She heard stories from Kagaya of how cheerful (Y/N) used to be when she was still free from the restraints of her disease. Shinobu couldn't help but smile at the imagination of such scenes. But, she can't resist herself to be saddened by this. She was witnessing how (Y/N)'s deteriorating health is slowly killing (Y/N).

"Do you have anything with you that can kill me instantly?"

Shinobu's head snapped to (Y/N)'s direction. She can't believe hearing such a question from (Y/N).

"What do you mean by that, (Y/N)? No, I don't have anything."

(Y/N) pursed her lips. "I see."

Shinobu put down the clipboard and turned to (Y/N), so she can focus on her. "Why would you kill yourself, (Y/N)?"

(Y/N) refused to look at Shinobu. She answered in a low whisper, "So, I won't be a hindrance to anyone anymore."

Shinobu sat beside (Y/N) on her futon. "You're not a hindrance, (Y/N). You never did and never will be." She hugged (Y/N). " Never think of yourself as a hindrance again, okay?"

"Okay. I'll do my best from now on."

One day, Kagaya entered the (Y/N)'s room. Ever since she became immobilized, he added to his daily routine to have talks with her daughter, so she may never feel isolated or lonely in her room.

"Good morning, Oto-san," greeted (Y/N). Kagaya greeted back, "Good morning, (Y/N)."

"Did you already have your breakfast?"

Their talk started from there. The talk shifted from breakfast to their family to Shinobu to the Pillars.

A good laugh came out of (Y/N)'s mouth after Kagaya mentioned irritated Sanemi's and chilled Giyuu's fight.

It quiets down. (Y/N) took this opportunity to confess what she was feeling these past few days. She told her father she resolved the issue and was doing her best to live out the remaining days of her life. 

Kagaya praised her, "You've grown so much, (Y/N). I'm a very proud father."

(Y/N) hugged her loving father. Kagaya wrapped his arms around her in response. He stroked her (H/C) locks with tender and fondness in his movements. Her grip isn't as strong as before, but he can feel her love towards him in this little gesture of affection.

"I love you very much, Oto-san."

Her arms fell from his body and her weight fell on him. Kagaya breathed a sigh of relief as he lowered to kiss her on her head.

He said, "The pain is gone now, sweetie. Rest well."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

735K 26.6K 68
"Why do you like to dream so much?" "Because dreams can be whatever I want them to be." ~ A story of a girl who doesn't want to remember and boy who...
18.6K 1.1K 27
"A joke? Please. The only joke here is you not being with me." "Love isn't a distraction. It's a privilege. The privilege to make you mine." ~ A lost...
169K 5K 61
𝐁𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓 child of the Kamado family was no easy task. You took on chores with your mother, and soon enough, you had to take car...
467K 10.2K 18
𝐞𝐜𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐲 noun ec·sta·sy \ˈek-stə-sē\ : 𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴; 𝘦𝘹𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘮𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵. [REQUESTS ARE CLOSED] "...