Our Worlds (An Islamic story)

By Dilaras_Destiny

Hajara and Sarah are muslim high school girls from the 2070's. They have a normal teen life but when their pa... More

First day of school
I'm Sorry
Birthday
War
Surprise!
Introduced
shopping
Wedding
Married life
Her day off!
Under the same roof
My love for her
The War Begins
Home alone
I hate life!
The new beginning
Marriage!
Alone
School
School trip
Lost and Found
Anniversary!
Surprise meeting!
Kidnapped!
The shocking Kidnapper
Moving out!
Our endless love (Epilogue)
Check out the next sequel...

Having Fun!

344 39 0
By Dilaras_Destiny

Hajara Pov:

Being in my sisters arms gave me comfort and love that I craved for a long time. All my bottled up feelings were leaving my body through my uncontrollable tears. After the birth of my second child I felt completely hopeless, worthless and unloved. I didn't know how to tell this to my husband, would he ever understand me?

"Okay, Okay, sis. We gotta stop crying, we are acting like as if we are mourning over someones death." She grinned, wiping her fallen tears. I let out a light chuckle, not only because she's trying to make me smile, but because she's ready to heal the pain that I am feeling. Sarah's face were tear stained as well reminding me how much she really loves me. 

I wiped my tears with my hijab that was properly wrapped around my head. "Okay, sis explain!" Sarah cammanded, calming me down. "Don't beat around the bush, just get to the point. You can tell me. I am your only trustable sister."

"Well... it's nothing that big. So... I went to the doctor few weeks ago and I told them how I am mentally feeling at the moment. The doctor said that I am diagnosed with the postpartum depression, meaning ... I may go through depression after the babies birth." I sighed, letting the burden leave my body. With my sister around, everyone was in a cheerful mood, she is truly blessed with  the power of happiness.

Sarah rolled her eyes, her arms still wrapped around me. "Yeah, I know what that means. I'm becoming a doctor here did you forget, sis?" 

I smiled. 

Sarah was once a careless girl when it came to education, but because of her son, she changed her mind and aimed for the highest, and due to my surprise her marks were high too.

Suddenly I got all emotional again, telling others about my issues was the worst part of it all. What is wrong with me? "I just feel worthless, I feel like the kids don't deserve a mother like me nor does Yusuf." Tears stained my face again as I told my sister, and my hands flew to my face to wipe my spilling tears.

Sarah immediately hugged me, "Sis, that isn't true. Yusuf loves you and so does the kids, and I love you the most. Does Yusuf even know about this?"

"No... I don't know how to tell him." I wiped my tears away again. 

"Ok, then I'll solve the case for you." Sarah grinned. Abu Hurairah laid in her arms silently sucking on his bottle of milk while looking up at Sarah through his hazel coloured eyes. 

Sarah quickly jumped of the bed, buckled my son in his baby car seat and added a blanket on top of him dragging us both out of the room, and into the yard where the boys and the kids seem to be. 

"Hey guys!" Sarah yelled, grabbing their attention. Both of our husbands looked up immediately and Yusufs eyes darted towards me instantly. I looked away quickly, I didn't want to meet his eyes at the moment. His eyes held guilt, sincerity and love all at the same time. 

My eyes suddenly fell on the my daughter and nephew who were running around and playing tag. They were both pretty smart for their age, and watching them brought a huge smile on my face.

Hawa and Huzaifah noticed me and dashed towards me engulfing me in a tight hug. I gave them both two kisses on their heads, letting them know I was okay. They got the message and resumed their game. 

"Anyways, Yusuf!" Sarah continued sternly with her arms folded across her chest bossily. "Hajara is going through depression, did you know that?" 

"Yes. Benyamin just told me. I never knew, I should've asked her instead of snapping." Yusuf whispered guiltily holding my gaze. "I'm sorry!" He whispered. 

I nodded, looking away.

"Well, sorry doesn't make it up, does it? I say Hajarah stays with me for a few months in this house (in aunt;s place) so she can recover quickly." She beemed happily, hoping for a yes from Yusuf. 

"You know Sarah, I hate to break this to you that... she's a wife and a mother of two kids. What about us?" Yusufs questioned rudely, narrowing his eyes.

"Duh, that means you guys move in with her. I don't think your mom will mind you living in this house." Sarah argued back. "Just for the matter of fact, she's a sister too." 

"Yeah, she's right. Mom won't mind handling and taking care of you." Benyamin teased, slapping Yusuf on the back as he internally winced. 

"Hajara what do you say?" Yusuf asked me sincerely.

"I agree with Sarah." I looked at Sarah who held my gaze, and at the sudden news, her lips curved upwards into a blooming smile. 

"Yes!" She screamed, hugging me and doing a small dance of victory. 

"Here I thought Sarah grew up, but guess I was wrong." Benyamin mumbled.

"Heard that!" Sarah yelled furiously from across the lawn. "Anyways guys..." She made her way towards us trying to catch her breath after her little victory dance. "Me and Hajara  are going out to the mall, you guys are in charge of the kids. Benyamin make sure to get Huzaifah's clothes from my mom's place and yeah.. " She tapped her lips thinking, ransaking her brain for the list she tucked in the lumps of his brain before looking at me. "That's all I can think of. Yusuf make sure to ... uhem... Hajara that's your part."

I laughed and continued from where she left off. "Change Abu Hurairah's diapers, feed him milk when he's hungry, make sure Hawa eats, remind her to use the washroom, if they puke clean after them, that's all I guess... I'll call if I have to add more to the list." I counted the list off my fingers.

Groaning, Yusuf threw his head back on his chair while Sarah and Benyamin giggled at his reaction. "Bro,  you got a lot to do!" Benyamin joked, slapping him on the back again. "Looks like being a father is pretty hard?"

"It is!" Yusuf admitted. "You're lucky you missed the part where the baby pukes and does all that crap."

"Um.. You don't even do anything." I snapped. "I'm the one who does all the taking care--"

"Well, just watching you run after them makes me tired." Yusuf said raising his arms in defense.

Me and Sarah rolled our eyes and left the boys, heading upstairs to get ready. When we were dressed, we left our rooms only to come face to face with my aunt. "Girls, where are you two going?" She asked us sternly, cocking her eyebrow.

"Out, to the mall." I exclaimed sheepishly.

"The kids?" 

"With their fathers." Sarah stated.

"Okay, bye. Have a fun time." My aunt grinned, changing her demeanor ever so quickly. "Girls, you can take my van." We smiled as she threw the keys at us. "Anyways do you two really think the boys can manage like ... we are discussing Yusuf here?" She looking at me nervously, concerned over her son carelessness.

"Well they can both help themselves." I shrugged, "Believe me, they'll both manage to discover something about 'kids'." 

My aunt laughed at my remark. "We'll, your right. Have fun girls!"

We left the house and entered my aunts van that literally had everything for survival. A TV in the back, blinds to block the daylight, fridge behind the front two seats, a portable washroom, and lastly the driving seat had the ability to swivel around. Well, being in the future had its advantages!

Sarah sat in the drivers seat while I took the seat next to her. 

"Surprise!" Many voices erupted at once. We both screamed, our heads snapping back to find our whole family in the car. Well not literally ... only the boys and kids. The kids were completely in the back and the boys were hogging the second row with stupid smirks plastered on their faces. 

They were all laughing at our petrified faces."Scared them didn't we, bro?" Benyamin laughed, high fiving his brother.

"Idiots, Here I thought you were going to spend a quality time with your son." Sarah screamed at Benyamin, spinning her seat around and bringing her fist in the air, giving him a piece of her mind. I don't think in the 2050's they invented these seats in the cars, yeah it's better to think about random stuff than listening to Sarah crack up.

"Yeah, that's why I brought him along, plus we need to get his clothes and also Hawa's clothes from home, so... I thought.. why not just carpool?" Benyamin grinned sheepishly, "Saving gas here, right?"

"Like you care?" Sarah muttered, rolling his eyes.

"You guys couldn't handle the kids alone, could you? Isn't that one of the reasons?" I asked them raising my eyebrow.

"That too." Benyamin admitted guiltily, while my husband looked away avoiding my eye. "He was acting like it was the end of the world. So I came up with the greatest idea--"

I was pretty sure Yusuf was just drowning in his own guilt right now. I grunted, "Did you bring the baby bag and extra clothes for emergencies?" I asked Yusuf calmly, trying my best not to explode.

"Yup." 

I sighed out in relief, "Finally you're using your brain." 

"I thought I could spent some time with my sister." Sarah whined, banging her head on the stirring wheel.

"Come on Sarah, stop mopping around. We are all going, and it'll be fun." Benyamin said cheerfully.

"I agree." Yusuf said from the back smiling goofily.

"You shut up! You only came to get the burden of your back." I scolded. He opened his mouth like a fish but closed it back again. "That's what I thought, but Sarah I do agree with everyone."

"Whatever you say, sis." She grinned, and started driving to mom's house to pack all her clothes.

"Didn't know my wife was such a good driver. " Benyamin said, pulling her cheeks from the back. 

Sarah scowled while swatting his hand away. "Driving here and your interrupting."

Sarah played the quran while I hummed along, it soothed my mind and alway reminded me that I had Allah with me at all times. The boys put a movie on for the kids, and pulled the window blinds down in the back turning the back of the car into a private theater. 

It took twenty-five minutes in the car to arrive at our destination. Sarah shut the car down and ran in our moms house to pack few of her and Huzaifah's clothes. She has been living with mom for quit awhile ever since coming from America, and now that Benyamin came, she was moving in with him.

"Benyamin, can you go and tell her not to pack her whole wadrobe at the moment because we'll be running late for other schedules in our list... plus she might need a helping hand." I told my cousin. Benyamin nodded and left the car. 

"I'm sorry love." My husband said for the first time, breaking the silence. I nodded. In a relationship, forgiveness was the main key to thrive. In fact as a muslim, we were all suppose to forgive each other.

Each month we both finished few round of the Quran and read to each other, and that was how we chained the Quran in our hearts. I leaned back in my seat and started reading Surah ar Room, and he began correcting me when I stopped to make a few mistakes in the middle. 

Within fifteen minutes I was done. "Wow, your tone is amazing!" He stated, planting a kiss on my cheeks.

He continued the next Surah, Surah Luqman. I looked at him in awe, he barely made any mistakes, I closed my eyes and listened with my heart. He was one of the best reciters!

In fact, he is my Hafiz and I was his Hafizah.

Benyamin POV:

"Sarah, where are you?" I yelled, not finding my path out in the darkness of the house. What can I say, I've never came to my aunt's house before. 

"Upstairs!" She yelled. 

I made my way upstair, not before bumping into few things on my way. My aunt seemed to have a big house, which was even bigger than my mothers. Well, duh, uncle was pilot, he earns a lot!

I entered Sarah's room, finding her dumping her clothes aggressively in a suitcase. "Need help? Your sister's being impatient. She's saying you guys have other plans."

"Yeah.. I know. Can you get Huzaifah's clothes?" She huffed stressfully, picking her clothes randomly and aiming them at the suitcase. "In the wardrobe next to the bed."  

I opened the wardrobe finding many clothes of my son. "Sarah, which ones?"  I yelled, looking at the the clothes of my son, and not knowing what to do. 

"Just dump them all in this suitcase. You know... I was expecting better from you. Your his father for god's sake." She grumbled. Okay, some people are just not as tidy as I expected. 

"Well, you know I'm new at this." 

"Yeah really Benyamin, you were the first one to know I was pregnant. Even I didn't know myself." She stated the obvious, "Anyways, Catch!" I looked up to see an empty suitcase being hurtled in my direction. 

Really?

"I got it!" I huffed catching it from thin air, and in the process hitting my head on the bed. "Girl, did you have to throw it?"

"Just wanted to see your reflexs." She chuckled.

Within minutes, we ended up having a heap of clothes in both the suitcases. I closed my son's suitcase and waited for her at the bedroom door. 

I leaned against the door and watch her totally amused as she pounced and tackled the suitcase with all her strengnth. "Ready?"

At least was not the suitcase, or else I'd be dead by now. 

"Nope!" She grumbled, struggling to close her suitcase which simply didn't close whatsoever, the lid kept flinging itself open stubbornly. "I can't..... close ... it!" She huffed, placing her entire weight on it, and jumping on it d half the time. "Mr. Husband, I need a little help here. Stop watching me struggle, you evil ... little husband."

"Wow, that wasn't nice curse. Besides, I am not little!" I rolled my eyes, and came forth to zip it up for her. "There you go, and here I thought my wife was a powerful women." 

She scowled at my words immediately, crossing her arms over one another. "You could've just came earlier instead of watching me the entire time." 

She looked cute when she was annoyed, I kissed her on the cheek leaving her dumbfounded.

We both left the deserted home within minutes, and dumped the suitcases in the trunk. I took the driver's seat before Sarah had the chance.  "What is wrong with you, man?" Sarah growled, pouting and taking a seat in the back.

I turned my seat around coming face to face with my wife and brother. "I did a bad mistake in making you guys sit beside each other." I eyed Yusuf who was sitting few feet away from her, I bit my nails thinking and looking at them suspiciously.

"Hajara is beside you, bro." Yusuf said stating the obvious with an eye roll. 

I know, but this was too inappropriate for my kind. 

"So... this." I pointed at them. "Looks way too wrong." 

They rolled their eyes again.

"Jealous much!" Hajara muttered under her breath, before getting out of the car and swapping seats with her husband, so the sisters were now sitting together in the back.

I sighed in relief, "I wasn't jealous. It was just too haram." I said igniting the car.

"Yeah sure. Whatever you say bro." Yusuf grinned mischeviously. 

I ignored him. 

Some people just don't understand me.

***********************************************

Hajara POV:

We arrive at the mall and began our shopping. The boys took the kids to do their grocery while us girls, decided to do some clothe shopping for the kids. 

"How will my lovely niece look in this?" Sarah asked picking a skirt for Hawa.

"Not good, too fitting." I said, unconciously rubbing my chin as I sputtered out my opinion. 

"What about this?" She asked nonchalantly, picking a way too baggy shirt.

"Way too baggy."  

"What about this?"

"Way too short." 

Sarah sighed. "You're way too picky."

"Yup, that is why Yusuf never shops with me." I chuckled.

"Wait, who's that?" I asked Sarah, looking at another familiar hijabi who seemed to be ... pregnant. She looked way too familiar, like someone I liked a lot in the past, a person very close to me. Sarah followed my gaze and we both stared at the women curiously. 

"Sunglasses!" Sarah demanded . I dug in my bag and got out the sunglasses, and laid it on top of her extended hand.

"Coat!" 

"Don't have one."

"Hat!" 

"Don't have one." I raised my eyebrows. "What are you doing?"

"Being a detective, what else?" 

"Act your age." I rolled my eyes. "Drama Queen!"

"The sunglasses works." she said. "A bit shaddy but... it'll work."

"Duh, obviously." I rolled my eyes again. "Their called shades for a reason."

"I mean it's enough for being a detective."  Sarah mumbled, before walking up to the pregnant lady and conversing with her. I watched them talking for sometimes, but curiosity killed me, and before I knew it, I was being pulled me towards them like a magnet. Maybe due to her familiarity, or probably due to her familiar shape and height.

I made my way beside Sarah and my jaws dropped when I glanced at the woman's countenance, she was no other than my best friend. 

Hannah.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 7.5K 42
He is funny jokes. She is shy smiles. He is sarcastic. She is logistic. He finds positives in life. She finds negatives in life. He is a playgr...
12.3K 836 32
Inaya Hussein is a happy go to 20-year-old studying medicine wanting to make her parents proud. Religion plays a huge part in her life. Her two best...
5.7K 249 23
Rocco Prescott has always been a good boy but destiny made him change into the badboy that has no feeling at all. The badboy that everyone feared. Ex...
4.6K 80 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...