To Mask or Not To Mask (A Hen...

By crisp0powers

Everything was so sudden. I just wanted to fit in, But my job was getting in the way of that. I wanted to be... More

Blog Entry Number One
Blog Entry Number Two
Blog Entry Number Three
Blog Entry Number Four
Blog Entry Number Five
Blog Entry Number Six
Blog Entry Number Eight
Blog Entry Number Nine
Blog Entry Number Ten
Blog Entry Number Eleven
Blog Entry Number Twelve
Blog Entry Number Thirteen
Blog Entry Number Fourteen
Blog Entry Number Fifteen
Blog Entry Number Sixteen
Blog Entry Number Seventeen
Blog Entry Number Eighteen
Blog Entry Number Nineteen
Blog Entry Number Twenty
Blog Entry Number Twenty-One
Blog Number Entry Twenty-Two
Blog Number Entry Twenty-Three
Blog Entry Number Twenty-Four
Blog Entry Number Twenty-Five
Blog Entry Number Twenty-Six
Blog Entry Number Twenty-Seven
Blog Entry Number Twenty-Eight
Blog Entry Number Twenty-Nine
Blog Entry Number Thirty
Blog Entry Number Thirty-One
Blog Entry Number Thirty-Two
Blog Entry Number Thirty-Three
Blog Entry Number Thirty-Four
Blog Entry Number Thirty-Five
Blog Entry Number Thirty-Six
Blog Entry Number Thirty-Seven
Blog Entry Number Thirty-Eight
Blog Entry Number Thirty-Nine
Blog Entry Number Forty
Blog Entry Number Forty-One
Blog Entry Number Forty-Two
Blog Entry Number Forty-Three
Blog Entry Number Forty-Four
Blog Entry Number Forty-Five (The Finale!)
Acknowledgements
announcement
HELLO (from the other side of the screen)

Blog Entry Number Seven

6.2K 195 185
By crisp0powers

*A/N: Back from the very short hiatus! Thanks to Bri_Luvs_Henry_Danger_ and Ali_4_later for making Henry and Candie's ship name! Hopefully, #Handie will be a thing.

And question: is it "perverted" to have a profile pic of Jace Norman on tumblr?*

***

(Candie's POV)

I wrapped one arm around the gigantic pink teddy bear that Henry gave to me while channel surfing with the other. Cruddy anime dubs, cheesy romance movies, a news report about Captain Man and Kid Danger...

Wait, Kid Danger?

"Breaking news," the news anchor stated. "Kid Danger and Captain Man have stopped a robber from running away with 1.2 billion dollars."

"Wow," Bella said, sitting down next to me with a bowl of popcorn. "Impressive."

I nuzzled my cheek against the bear's furry chest. "I know, right?"

Bella glared at me. "It's also impressive how much you love that bear, even though your boyfriend gave it to you an hour ago."

"Oh my God, Bella. Henry is not my boyfriend."

"Sure. That's exactly what my friend Angie said about her crush, Shawn. I came into her dorm room and caught them swapping spit."

"Ew!"

"It wasn't that gross. It was just something in life that I would have been okay with not to see with my eyes."

"So you're saying that you think that Henry will come into my room, and you'll just randomly walk in and catch us making out?"

She nodded, her black wavy hair bouncing up and down with her. "Mmmhmm."

"Annabella Marie Mitchell, you are crazy."

"Not as crazy as you, Cordelia Elizabeth Hart."

"That actually has a nice ring to it."

"Candie Hart sounds better."

"It does."

"So you admit it?"

"Admit what?"

"Never mind. Flip to channel twenty-one."

We watched this movie called "Divergent", and it was amazing. It was about a girl who was born to be selfless like her parents, and thought she was going to selfless for the rest of her life, but when she takes this test to find out what job she'll have, she ends up being many different character traits. She also ends up dating this guy who's soooo hot.

"Tris. Is. My. Hero," I mumbled when I curled up in my bed with Henry's teddy bear.

***

(Two days later, and Candie's POV)

"Bella, do you really have to go?" I asked as I carefully put a copy of Divergent into my backpack.

"Yes, I have to go back to school," Bella replied.

"But it feels like we haven't spent the week together!"

"We went to the mall."

"Yeah... you have a point."

"Anyway, I'll drop you off at school. Come on, you don't want to be late! It's not attractive."

I rolled my eyes. We ran to her car, and started talking about school, Henry, boys, Henry...

Yeah, we talked about Henry a lot.

"See ya, Candie," Bella said.

"Bye, Bella. I'll call you if I have any problems," I replied.

"Bye." Her Toyota Prius drove off.

I walked inside the school and pressed my thumb on the bright blue locker. I put my backpack inside of it and took my copy of Divergent out. Then I walked to the school, where I saw Charlotte and Henry at the doorway, whispering about something.

"Like you wouldn't do that to Candie," Charlotte seemingly whispered.

"I don't have to pretend," Henry whispered back. "Besides, I can't tell her."

Tell her what?, I thought. I decided to walk up to them and (sadly) interrupt their secret conversation.

"Hi!" I greeted. I thought I saw Henry slightly jump.

"Oh, h-hey, Candie," he said, scratching the back of his head.

"Hey, Henry. Hey, Charlotte." I smiled at both of them.

"Hola, Candie." Charlotte smiled back.

"Who, or what, are you guys watching?" I asked.

"Oh, Jasper," Charlotte replied coolly. "He's trying to get Monica into thinking he's Kid Danger... again."

"Well, not to be mean or anything... but Monica's stupid," I said.

"Huh? Why?" Henry questioned.

"Because. You can obviously tell he's not Kid Danger."

"Okay then, what's one reason?" Charlotte quizzed.

"Kid Danger has dirty blonde hair. Oh yeah, and Kid Danger's cute," I answered, leaning against the left side of the doorway. Charlotte and Henry glanced at each other.

"What? Freedom of speech. Is it weird that I think he's cute? I mean, come on. You can tell that Monica has a crush on him too."

"My sister has a crush on me," he mumbled.

"She has a crush on you?!" I yelled.

"Oh... did I say me? I meant Kid Danger. I'm sorry. Uh... people tell me that I look like Kid Danger..." he stammered. He cleared his throat. "So, um... what's that book?" he questioned.

"What book?" I asked.

"The one you're holding under your arm." Charlotte pointed to Divergent.

I explained the ups and downs of Tris Prior's new life, the boy with four fears, but many, many, many tattoos, about how her brother, Caleb, is working unknowingly working with to take people like her down. And by people like her, I meant those people who have many character traits like her and the boy with four fears.

"Whoa... and you're only halfway finished?" Charlotte questioned.

"Oh. I saw the movie on Saturday," I answered.

***

"Hold that thought, Charlotte. I gotta use the can," Henry stated at lunch the same day. He ran off.

"So, Candie," Charlotte said, leaning in. "When are you gonna tell him?"

"I will as soon as you stop asking me that question every single day," I answered.

"Please. It's not gonna happen," Jasper said. "She asks me the same question."

"About who?" I asked.

"This girl named Monica," he replied.

"Brown hair?"

"Yeah."

"Anyway..." Charlotte said. "Are you waiting for Henry to make the move on you?"

"No!" I half-shouted. "No one's making a move on anyone!"

"CANDIE!!!!!" I heard someone yell. Henry came running back to the table. "Come quick!" He grabbed my arm and ran.

"Oh my God, Henry. What is it?" I questioned. He stopped me at a piece of bright blue paper on the school bulletin board.

Join the Winter Musical!

H A I R S P R A Y !

When: October 9th, 2014

Where: Cafeteria Main Stage

"No," I simply stated.

"'No'? Why not?" he asked.

"Just... no."

"Tell me!"

I took a deep breath. "I don't think I'm ready to tell you. Or anyone."

"Please?" he pleaded. "I'm your best friend!"

Best friend? Those words rang through my head. Best friend...

"Fine. My mom was in love with acting and singing."

"'Was'?" he questioned, putting air quotes around the word "was".

"She's singing and dancing with the angels now since the year 2010," I answered.

"How?" he asked.

"You ask a lot of questions, Henry. I like it!" I laughed. Then my face went serious. "She got in a car crash on her way to the county play."

"Oh my God. I'm so sorry." He put his hand on my shoulder. I smiled at him and his support.

"It's okay. It's not like it was your fault."

"So... will you sign up?" He sounded very hopeful. Would mom want me to?

"Fine. I will. But you have to sign too." I extended my hand.

"Deal," he said, and we shook on it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.9K 323 23
"i'm girl danger beyotch." ella was the first sidekick of captain man. when she almost gets herself killed, captain man fires her, and she moves to b...
1.3M 22.4K 67
Being the daughter of a superhero is difficult for Arabella Manchester but what makes it more difficult for her is the fact that she is kept secret f...
305K 7.6K 46
Sarah made one decision last month, a big one. To work for Captain Man as his secret sidekick. The only thing; he, and Kid Danger don't know who she...
193K 5.5K 20
"𝙨𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚'𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙤𝙮..." Henry Hart lands a part-time job as Kid Danger, a sidekick-in-training to super-crimefighter Captain Man. Th...