Together Forever

By hikari011

The sequel of 'Ten Days with You' A high school student has fallen to a Demon, a man full of sin and a King w... More

Their New Beginning
Hidden Desires
Carelessness are Charms too
Never starve a Demon
Don't be a Pervert
Don't cross the line
Never forget oneself

Her Trepidation and His Transgression

1.2K 67 65
By hikari011

August 2, Tuesday

It was already night. The once misty grey sky has turned into a dark void, swallowing up the clouds that brought unwanted climate upon its arrival. Yet still lingering, the downpour that dwindled into a soft drizzle made its presence known to those who dare to wander under the might of calamity.

Flash of lights would bathe the heavy clouds only to disappear into the darkness. And the sky would murmur its response – a low rumbling sound that would silently echo within the depths of the floating masses above. Even from the first set of the downpour, no one seems to take note of the silent cries of the sky nor the quick breeze that occasionally blew away several umbrellas and that swayed off a few branches. And yet regardless of the stalling precipitation, the murderers who still lurk in the sacred ground remain.

The rude blond grunted, all eyes on him as he dragged the unconscious body near the campfire that Dyst was able to set up under their current weather conditions. All eyes except for the Heartfilia, who fell unconscious from the torture that the moll inflicted her.

"What the hell!?"

Kyōka, who has been sitting beside the gunslinger after the boredom struck her from abusing blondie – yet successfully silencing the said girl, grumbled and walked toward their leader, eyes lingering on their new hostage before glaring back at the tall burly older man.

The other two who remained behind with her in their makeshift tarp, Franmalth and Dyst, sent the same glare to their boss before shifting their piercing gaze back to the unconscious guy who was currently being dragged by Jackal and Marin.

The older man among them heedlessly took a tobacco from his pocket and lit it with ease. He took a drag and puffed the smoke, silently hoping that he would breathe out the anxiety and the fear that's starting to creep in him. The Fear – the fear of having the government on their tail whilst they're in a vulnerable state – is uncalled for.

And yet in spite of his previous experience with a similar situation that scarred his face – a reminder of his mistake and the previous group he manned – the experience is not enough to be able to escape their current situation. Not when the cops are all over the place. But that doesn't mean he can't get away – especially when he has two lives in his hands.

"Relax, we have the two of them" he calmly said whilst taking another drag on his smoke, mind already calculating and formulating his escape plan if things went wrong.

"And what makes the difference, Caine?" Jackal snapped, sneering the name of their leader in disgust as he dropped the unconscious pinkette they found strangely near their temporary base, leaving his black-haired companion to do the rest of tying up their hostage. The anxiety of being captured again by the police was clearly affecting not only him but the rest of their group. Who knows what the government has on their plate if they are arrested once more considering that they committed a number of crimes that, apparently, revolves in murder and rape.

Zash Caine, one of the most wanted people in Fiore for committing high crimes such as rape, robbery, and murder; the first escapee of the heavily guarded infamous prison of the continent; and a very well known person among the criminals. But all of that was long before his accident. He was deemed dead from the eyes of the government after he lost his whole comrades from having their truck crash into a very steep cliff whilst on the run from the cops – in which he strangely survived.

"We could use this new one and send his parts in this city as a fair warning,'' his eyes harbored a wicked glint whilst smirking at his sinister idea. The thought of the horror and the terror that his mere plan may inflict to those who dared defy him and that attempts to have him arrested amuses him. What more would he feel if their victims in this defrayal learned of what became of their blondie? Yet as entertaining as it sounds, that plan will have to wait 'till he gets out of their current problem. He is not willing to risk his dead status just so he could have the pleasure of terrorizing the people involved. Not yet at least, or perhaps never – now that he can freely go around in public with a bit of disguise.

Silence filled them, and no one seems to attempt to differ against the proposal in this foreboding silence. They all knew that if someone attempted to dissent their leader's plan or even question him about it, that someone will either die first or be used on a mission with the risk of being caught by the government. And as shitty as it sounds, they have no choice but to follow. They only have themselves against the whole world. The difficulty of their current situation will only increase if they were to lose another person in their group. And if the risk in that plan will give way to their chance of getting away, so be it.

"So, wherever did you find this guy?"

Dyst, the ever-resourceful torpedo broke the dreadful silence. He threw a piece of cloth at Marin – something to gag their hostage with in case the guy wakes up screaming – and resumed on loading bullets on a few magazines he stole whilst on their escape a few weeks back, already preparing for what is to come.

Caine frowned for having been reminded of the reality of their current situation and did not say a word – too distracted on assuming the background story of their new company. Jackal only grunted as he sat on the remaining space beside Kyōka with his back on his comrades. He doesn't want to deal with the shit and just that thought of how they found their new hostage makes him want to beat him up until he wakes up so he could fucking answer that one question that will determine their fate.

"Doesn't matter. This guy is already out cold when we found him", Marin replied, proving his point by harshly kicking the pinkette on his stomach who did not react and remained motionless.

"He could be a police undercover," Kyōka warily said, indirectly pointing out that if the guy happens to be one, they are at risk for bringing this new stranger near them – that could, and without doubt, get them all caught behind the bars.

Marin snickered, only to receive a glare from the woman in which he returned with a sheepish smile. Jackal just groaned and cursed under his breath while their leader seems to be too deep in his mind to hear what Kyōka has stated.

"He is too young to be in the force, Kyōka-san. He could be a normal teenager, bullied and left unconscious in the woods" Franmalth finally spoke but still busy looking through the contacts in the blonde's phone and carefully listing down some names he could blackmail.

"Ooh~ I wonder how much we could earn from him?", he said, grinning when he came across a very recent message from the blonde's relative.

No one batted an eye and ignored the blabbering of the short guy. Everyone seems to be contemplating and silently presuming in their thoughts about the things that could happen next in which caused them to not notice the slight movement of the body placed by the campfire nor of the eyes that watched them behind the shadows in the woods nearby.

===

As the criminals await the consciousness of their scapegoats, Gajeel returned to the room that the Demon shared with the human he was so attached to, only to find Rogue phasing around the neatly organized room. He returned in search of a quiet place ー away from the awkwardness he feels whenever he is around Juvia's friends. He feels out of place between the exchange of laughter between these new people. He doesn't totally mind being around them but being made fun of regarding his slightly obvious crush to the shortest girl among the group is taxing him. Not only that, he feels uncomfortable with the fact that only he knows of the current situation of the missing blonde and hiding that from Juvia's friends is becoming difficult every minute that passes by ーconsidering that Levy would always notice whenever he broods over the possibilities of what may happen to the demon and the girl.

Without a word, he sat on the bed in silence, beside him were neatly folded clothes he could care less about. And as he listens to the brewing storm, to the rustling leaves, to the large waves hitting the shore, he watched Rogue in silence. He watched the demon phase about who seemed to be distant and troubled.

After that pink-haired demon left to save that Heartfilia girl, Rogue was quite concerned with his master's decision; and his overt vexation has never left him since. A funny thing that a demon could feel emotions, to be in distress when they are herculean beings and most likely immortal. Perhaps the teachings and traditions that have been passed down his family ーthe Redfox familyー were faux.

The demon in question, however, seems to not mind his presence. He was perturbed by the fact that the presence of a seraph is involved regarding the matter. And having his master, as what Gajeel Redfox informed him, pursue the missing human alone in the sacred ground, was harrowing him.

Many things could happen should things go south. Lord Natsu could possibly and without doubt wipe out the entire human race if something were to happen to that human girl which may invoke war between heaven and hell for committing imbalance to the world. Or worse... his master might lose his life in the process.

"Aagh!!!", Rogue interjected, messing his hair in perplexity whilst the human watched him in silence. He is conflicted about whether to go after Lord Natsu and save him from losing his life or remain on watching over these humans as he was ordered to. Though deep down he knew that his attempt on saving his master would be all for naught considering that a weak demon, like himself, will eventually turn to dust the first five minutes he steps foot inside that cursed place. He could inform Lord Zeref of his master's rash decision in entering such a place but Lord Natsu strongly forbade him from informing his brother regarding his affairs in the human world.

"Ahem"

Dismissing his distressing thoughts, the demon cast his eyes to the human who cleared his throat. It was unlikely of him to lose his composure in front of a human. Perhaps the fact that Lord Natsu is acquainted with this mortal allowed him to be one. Well, he did share a bottle of liquor with this human a few days back whereas his master witnessed--- wait... what? Did he just---

Before Rogue could process and contemplate his absurd conduct, the blond demon suddenly appeared whereas his abrupt arrival caused Gajeel to curse in surprise. The aforementioned demon, however, did not waste a second and whispered to his half-brother the information regarding their master's present condition.

Gajeel knew something was wrong the moment the blond arrived. Having been excluded from the demons' quiet conversation indicates that their discussion is confidential. He did not mind as he respects their privacy. He knew his limits but somehow, he hopes that they'll enlighten him of what is currently happening to Dragneel and Heartfilia.

Trying not to mull over the various possibilities of what could happen, Gajeel watched the new demon share the same distress Rogue has been suffering in. His eyes focused on the blond. This was the second time he saw this demon in person yet something about him seems familiar. He couldn't grasp the memory but he knew that he have met him somewhere much later than the day he got himself and Rogue dumb drunk.

Meanwhile, the black-haired demon sensed the human's discerning eyes and put a hand between him and the blond ーa poor attempt of defending his kin from what's to come.

"Have we met before?"

A human finally asked. Rogue envisaged that something like this would happen and he was prepared to deal with it as carefully and as briefly as possible. Sting, having been turned as Lord Natsu's familiar, had him inherit a third of his prowess. He doesn't know this but he could sense the blond's potential the first time he saw him, the very moment his master introduced him after returning to his 10-day vacation in the human world ーas what Lord Natsu called it. His highness did not apprise him of Sting's background but he knew better than to ask. The only thing he was told was to keep his eye on Sting should memories be of concern. And from that mere information, Rogue could only conclude that his master must have erased the blond's memories ーand should the aforementioned demon realize this, it may lead to a possible rebellion.

On the other hand, Sting was a bit shaken by the human's question. He doesn't remember his past life but he knew deep down that he was once a human. Yet before he could consider denying the mortal's question,

"He's none of your concern, human"

Rogue spoke. There was no mistaking the venom in his voice but Gajeel did not try to question it and decided to let go of the topic. He was, however, concerned with how alarmed Rogue has become regarding that mere question.

It was that moment that Rogue deemed that it is time for them to leave as a precaution should the matter get out of hand. Without a word, he excused themselves to the human, grabbing the bewildered blond demon by the arm, and disappeared in silence.

===

The subtle crackling sound of burning wood, and the faint chatter that he could barely hear behind him, awoke him. His eyes slowly fluttered open, vision still blurry from his reverie. His mind was foggy as he watched the blur of moving colors before him. And as his vision clears, he could only watch a pair of boots disappear behind the dancing flames. He listened, senses still adjusting when he heard the sound of something heavy drop. Then, the same boots revealed once more from behind the flames before him.

Natsu closed his eyes and listened, mind clear and calm as he tried to analyze his situation with his other senses. Though pretending to remain unconscious is against his will, he knew better than to alert his captors and risk being tortured until his rage consumes him. Even though he is still recovering from his reverie and despite having the sacred ground impede with his senses, he could sense Lucy's presence somewhere nearby.

His blood boiled with agitation, not only for the fact that these lowly humans currishly tied him up but for the sole reason that these humans were the same mortals that dared hurt his Lucy. And yet filled with burning vengeance, all that he could do was remain stationary until he sees the right moment to strike. 

It was very unlike him to remain calm and patient, to wait for the moment for him to carve his claws into the heart of his prey, to hesitate from grasping their necks -- ceasing them of air and burning them to ashes.

He continued to indulge in his imagination, discreetly conspiring on what he should do with these brigand ruffians. Yet before he could even think of a proper retribution, his chest throbbed in pain ーthe same pain that has been oppressing him. He gasped through the gag, coughing dryly as he writhed, a poor attempt on easing the excruciating pain which gnawed on his consciousness. Suddenly, he felt himself being dragged by his hair. He grunted, eyes closed tightly and cursed silently when the human that was grabbing him harshly pulled him and threw him on the muddy ground. His vision blurred for a while not only due to the harsh treatment he received but also from the debilitation he has yet to recover from.

"He's awake", the cursed human that grabbed him spoke, and suddenly he could feel eyes bore into him.

"Let's wait for Caine to deal with him"

Determined to deal with this shit as soon as possible, Natsu decided to see the faces of his prey. There were three humans; a noirette, a turquoise-haired, and a blond. But the different fading scents indicated to him that there's three more lurking somewhere nearby ーplus a fading presence of a seraph nearby in which his blood boiled for getting a wind of that.

"Watch your eyes, bastard, or I'll pluck them out of yer sockets", the blond threatened, glaring back at him whilst pointing a dagger just inches away from his ruby eyes. Natsu was about to retort execrating words only to be muffled by the cloth gag brunched in his mouth. If only he had recovered a bit more of his strength, he would've burned the things that are constricting his freedom.

With a deep breath, Dragneel closed his eyes with the attempt on recovering from his chest pain which seemed to slowly fade into a dull throb. He tries to calm himself, to clear his mind of rage to refrain himself from retaliating beforehand. He tries not to think about the humiliation of being tied up by some mere humans or of the fact that a lowly mortal just dared threaten him. He should, as much as possible, conserve his strength and preserve what vitality that is left in him so that he could save Lucy and give these frail humans the nemesis they deserve.

For the time being, his abductors seem to not mind him and seem to busy themselves with whatever thing that entertains them. However, his peace of mind didn't last long ーnot when the mortals decided to do something that greatly concerns him.

"What do you think you're doing, Marin?", the gunslinger spoke, voice laced with clear annoyance over his companion's mischievous behavior.

"Let me play with her for a bit while boss is not around~"

"Leave him alone, Dyst. Let him do what he wants"

Without second thoughts, Dragneel's eyes snapped open. His pulse raced and his blood boiled in rage as he struggled to see what that felon was attempting to do to Lucy, snarling in anger as he tries to sit so that his favored blonde would be in his field of vision.

His effort paid off but the sight that greeted him had him seething. Yet before he could make a response, he was kicked from behind making him fall onto his stomach. Not long after, a heavy foot pressed on his back, keeping him in place on the ground. It seems that the blond felon noticed his feat and decided to thrash on him like he deserved it.

Though he knew that his effort would be for naught, Natsu screamed for that human to stop. He screamed of the things he would do should that human continue to touch his Lucy. His message, however, did not reach anyone, muffled by the constricting cloth on his mouth.

It was only brief, but Natsu was sure of what he saw. The cuts and small linear wounds that covered her arms and legs seem to be more than the last he saw her in the picture. Some of the lesions on her body were still bleeding and her wrists were bruised and covered with rope burn scars. She was blindfolded with his scarf which was secured tightly around her eyes. His overcoatー or rather the outfit that his human is wearing has been zipped down, revealing her chest and spotted some red welts here and there. He was reeling in anger, yet his current location, a weakness that debilitates him despite his overwhelming might, rendered him hopeless and helpless.

Without warning, the miscreant human grabbed him by his collar ーdeciding to humor the pinkette by dragging him and giving him the view he wanted. He could sense the malice behind the human's action, but he decided not to mull over it. The blond outlaw even removed his gag ーyet before he could process that and utter a word, a clicking sound reached his ears which was soon followed by the scent of gunpowder and a tiny hole was suddenly before him on the ground together with the bullet which was embedded into the earth.

Natsu did not need to look to know who would do such absurdity. He knew right away, from his keen sense of smell, that it was the turquoise-haired one that dared raise his armory to him. But before he could averse to the threat that imperils his being, another click of the firearm reached his ears and a dull, burning feeling grazed him on the right side of his neck.

"Allow me to warn you again, one wrong move and I'll shoot", said the gunslinger.

Dragneel paid no heed to the warning nor paid attention to the bleeding wound on his neck. His eyes were focused on the noirette who was attempting to sexually assault his unconscious human. Fury ardently enveloped him. And just as he was in the midst of going haywire, the cursed human leered at him. The felon in question lasciviously smirked as he removed the blindfold, groaning lewdly upon seeing the girl's beautiful unconscious face whereas Natsu could only watch, eyes widening and his breathing accelerating from wrath when that vile human licked a small cut on her left cheek.

"Don't you dare touchー!", he bellowed only to have the wind knocked out of him from the sudden kick on his back which soon thrashed and pinned him into place again.

"Knock it off!", the blond delinquent snarled at him and felt the human's foot press his head to the ground. It appears that his reaction finally answered their untold question of who he is and of how he is related to blondie in which vexed them as the possibility of the constabulary being alerted of their whereabouts is feasibleーwhich may only mean that escape is futile.

Above all the prevailing circumstances ーfrom his pain, frustration, and exhaustion, Natsu still strived to witness everything. He struggled to lift himself, fighting the weight of the foot on his head to see --to see the moment take fold before him. Yet the moment he successfully acquired the visibility he yearned, his mind went blank as soon as he witnessed the lecherous human snake his filthy hand under the unzipped overcoat, inserting it in her brassiere and groped her with a suggestive look on his face.

On that instant, madness consumed him.

An icy breeze blew briefly, rustling leaves around them for a short time and left them in a foreboding silence. As if the sky sensed his anger, the atmosphere abruptly changed. Dark heavy clouds loomed above them, forewarning them of an incoming downpour despite the unending drizzle since afternoon. The humans warily sensed the peculiar weather and distanced themselves from the pinkette who was eerily still and quiet. 'Something was wrong' was what their instinct told them. Soon enough, an icy chill enwreathed them whereas their skin crawled with fear as they awaited what was about to come.

In a trice, lightning bolt directly struck the demon whilst the mortals were, for some reason, overthrown by the force for only about a few feet away from their male hostage. Roars of thunder echoed, and as they collected their composure from the blast, they could feel the bit of static electricity resurface around them. They were stupefied, body froze in fear and horror in response to the absurd phenomenon that occurred before them.

Soon enough, the thunder faded into the night sky, rain pelted down, dousing the small flames from the incident which scattered around them. Their eyes, however, were fixed to the pinkette. All they could do was watch in silence as fire engulfed the unmoving body of their male hostage.

Though strangely, they were relieved that none of them were harmed, unlike the pinkette whose corpse is currently engulfed by fire. Yet before they could truly process the fact that they were safe from that predicament, all thoughts were left unsaid as they witnessed the pinkette slowly raises to his feet. The ropes that constricted him burned to ashes, yet not a single hair from him nor his clothes seem to be touched by the lightning nor of the fire that clung to his body.

They couldn't believe it, seeing the male in question arise on his feet, unscathed and unburned, made the absurd phenomenon appear to be a product of their imagination. But seeing the flames envelop him despite the pouring rain, and seeing smoke visibly emit from his person removed all their doubts only to be replaced by confusion.

The moment the pinkette raised his head and locked eyes with them tampered them with adrenaline. His eyes, which glowed green amidst the brilliant flames, seem to bore into them, forewarning them of what may transpire for crossing him.

They watched in silence, flummoxed and utterly speechless as they witnessed the flames fall like matter upon a swipe of his arm into the air, undyingly scattering to the area despite the pelting rain and provided illumination. They were paralyzed to the spot as they witnessed dark markings slowly crawl on his skin, the menacing aura along with it held them in a tightening grip.

"Dysー"

The brave soul attempted to warn an assault, scrambling to his feet, away from the blonde and toward the gunslinger, only to be hindered the moment their male hostage took a step forward. And in the blink of an eye, the other two men could only watch in horror as they witnessed the pinkette, who suddenly appeared before the noirette, decapitated their comrade with only a swipe of his hand.

Blood endlessly gushed out of the headless body, which soon lifelessly fell on the muddy ground whilst the head rolled off by the wooden log nearby. Without wasting any second, the marksman continuously fired at the pinkette, only to miss his mark due to his trembling hands which succumbed to fear. And when he ran out of ammunition, a gust of wind blew in his direction, blinding him for a brief moment. Only a second has passed when he recovered from the unusual phenomenon, and he was slightly relieved that the pinkette remained where he was and that his head was still intact.

"Dyst!"

His blond comrade called who had a horrified look on his face, eyes boring to his right arm. He followed his companion's gaze only to be appalled by the sight of his mutilated arm on the ground. And from that moment, excruciating pain entirely engulfed him, bringing him down on his knees and writhed him in agony.

As the gunslinger's pain-ridden screams die down in the pelting rain, the blond could only watch in silent horror as the body bloodily fell in pieces. Fear engulfed him for witnessing two of his comrades murdered inhumanely before him. And though he was paralyzed in horror, his will to survive and escape from this--this monster had him bolting into the woods. He ran blindly into the darkness, agilely avoiding trees and plants as he plowed through the forest as fast as he could. He was adamant that he could escape from him.

Without stopping on his tracks, he took a quick look at his back to make sure that the monster was not tailing him. Yet the moment he looked forward, a hand suddenly clenched around his neck, instantly ceasing him of air.

"What the fuck", was all he could mutter as he scratched and pulled on his assailant's wrist, attempting to free himself from the powerful grip. He struggled, choking in the process as he felt himself being lifted. His vision was blurring from lack of air, but he was certain of the fact that he was back right at their base. It was ridiculous! He couldn't believe that he's suddenly back in the cursed place when he was sure that he raced for meters away from him. With little strength, he willed himself and focused his vision on things that will ascertain his demurral.

It was only a brief moment but he could see the campfire, the mutilated bodies of his comrades, and that wretched bitch who had finally regained her consciousness looking at him with a horrified look on her face that mirrored his own.

That damned witch!

Was all he could think before a strange ailment suddenly pervades his body the moment he blamed the blonde girl for what has transpired. He was rapidly losing strength and rapidly felt his life being sucked out of him. And in his final moment, all he saw was the pinkette's empty gaze that bore into his soul, and that tiny smirk form on those parted lips.

===

Eyes widened, breaths ragged and harsh, Lucy watched in silence as the pinkette aimlessly dropped the last of her abductors to the ground. Then all is still. The pitiless rain fell steadily, streaming down her pale skin. The coldness seeped through her borrowed clothes and chilled her through. And in that cold silence, the deafening rain haunted her, prompting her the memory of the horrifying screams that they managed to breathe before their life flashed before her eyes.

No...

Her constricted hands trembled; legs froze into place as blood intermingled with the muddy ground before her. She saw it all. She witnessed everything ーfrom the moment the pinkette decapitated Marin, from the arrival of the other three who were equally horrified of the sight that greeted them, to the part Natsu drained the rest off of their life, engulfing their dried-up corpse in flames by his mere touch and apathetically discarded them like trash.

It's not him...

Amidst the deafening rain, all she could do was watch in silent horror. She watched the pelting rain pour down his still body, unmoving and outwardly impassive. She watched his dull eyes glow the same color on that odd night and saw how those same lifeless eyes gazed into the distance.

He's not her Natsu...

She flinched, warily holding her breath when the demon suddenly moved, stretching his left hand and seemingly observing his palm. He stood there still, eyes on his blood-stained palm for a lingering moment. His eyes were still aglow of the same viridescent color and the empty expression on his face left her afraid and daunted. Then he mouthed something ーsomething she didn't know for he was not directly facing her. She failed to hear him either for she was and have been deafened by her fear the very moment he succumbed to his wrath.

All this transpired for what seemed like hours, yet before she could process the mere seconds that had passed, her eyes shook, fright instantly consuming her when he abruptly faced her, observing. And when his cold and vacant stare met her brown orbs, something flashed beneath his hardened expression which quickly disappeared before she could identify it.

Alas, feelings and thoughts left her when he stepped forward, rendering her to completely surrender to her fear and trepidation as the demon slowly walked to her direction. The soft susurration of his footsteps filled her ears amidst the deafening rain... and all she could do was watch as the demon nears her.

=== Author's Note ===

Sorry...

Please don't hate me...

I hope you guys liked it though...

Do comment on what you think so that I will know how I should continue the story ^-^ And give it a star </3

Thank you very much, all of you, for your undying support and unending patience. ;o;

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

260K 6.1K 37
Lucy Heartfillia, a proud wizard of the Fairytail Guild, overhears her best friend and crush, Natsu Dragneel saying, "Lucy? I don't like her, she's p...
408K 11.1K 29
There was once two different people who go to the same school, Lucy, a quiet girl who is into reading books and natsu a bad boy with a dark secret, w...
40.7K 1.7K 40
What if a demon fell for a mermaid? What if a mermaid fell for a demon? What if this demon was so cold blooded that they locked him in a Prison for o...
152K 4.3K 47
The story is about a girl who was kicked out and betrayed by her friends. Soon she will discover true power and return to get revenge. Will she forgi...