"honesty and grace" (Mezo Sho...

By leviehnrd

{{UNDERGOING RE-EDITING}} [This book contains: •Strong language •Fluff so sweet it'll rot your teeth •Gore •S... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
[After Story - 1]
[After Story - 2]
[After Story - 3]
[After Story - 4]
[After Story - 5]
[After Story - 6]
[After Story - 7]
[After Story - 8]
[After Story - 9]
[After Story - 10]

Chapter 22

3.3K 185 74
By leviehnrd

"I don't know what you want me to do about it, Aizawa." Nedzu says, looking over paper after paper. "I can't just grant her a spot here at UA. We have no idea how powerful her quirk is, or what she's capable of doing."

Aizawa sits with his arms crossed, hair up, and his legs stiff on the floor in front of him. There was so much he wanted to say, but didn't know how to get it out. His tired eyes, happening to be much worse than normal, shifted around the room as his jaw tightened. He had stayed awake all night doing research on you and your family, trying to see if your name came up any other time in the news. What he was searching for, not even he knew. "There has to be something we can do for her. She is still a child, I don't understand why she's allowed to just live on her own like that." The grown man rested an elbow against the arm of the chair.

Nedzu nodded, looking up from some of the paperwork on the desk before him. "Is that why you granted her permission to come in and out of the dorm buildings at her leisure?" The animal asked, his face emotionless.

With a nod, Aizawa turns his head a little to look at a calendar on the wall. "The class seems to be so fond of her now, she's practically a student already. I'm not sure anyone suspects that she has a quirk, or if she's told them otherwise." He paused, looking down at his hand as he opened his palm. It quickly flexes and forms a fist.

It was rather painful to feel so useless in a situation like this. Sure, he had wanted to do something, but what was there to do? The authorities had already dealt with a lot of the legalities, and you were nothing but cooperative. Something just didn't sit right with letting you stay in an apartment building all by your lonesome. However, when he thought about it, he was pleasantly surprised by your persistence and bravery.

"You're going to get wrinkles, Aizawa, you have to relax a little bit." Nedzu says, his voice high and comical.

He sighed and rubbed his temples. "I can't relax. It's not in the job description." His figure rises, standing as he crosses his arms. "Anyways, I have to grade the class' essays that they turned in this morning." With that, he turns for the door and bows his head slightly before leaving the principal's office. A sigh passes through him as he looks up and down the school hallways. It was calm after hours; no one was threatening to kill each other, the halls were no longer filled with speaking and screaming, nor was his class there. Silent and peaceful, he thought to himself.

There was so much that Aizawa needed to know about you, but he knew that he had no reason to pry. It was such a foreign feeling to him, especially with someone that wasn't even a student of his. He thought about all of it while walking out of the school and towards the dorm buildings. There, he would grade papers and talk to the students about what will be happening in class tomorrow. Not very often would he have relaxed afternoons such as this. Even then, this evening would still be filled with headaches and countless pots of the familiar bitter brew. He thought for sure that you would've filled out the quirk evaluation sheet and given it to him by now. The fact that almost a week had passed made him assume you weren't going to bother with it.

Soon enough, Aizawa found himself pushing the doors to the dorm building open with a huff, thinking about how strict to be with the essays. Upon entering, the smell of baked goods filled the man's lungs, taking him by surprise. He glanced over to a clock on the wall, seeing it was past eight o'clock. "Was I really in Nedzu's office for an hour?" He asks himself quietly, hearing a small commotion from the kitchen. His curiosity was piqued now, causing him to make his way to the kitchen quickly.

Inside of the small space, Tsu, Sato, Shoji, Mina, and Ojiro were all doing numerous things, all of which were baking related; Shoji was using his six hands to decorate cookies and cut a pan of brownies. Mina and Sato both took a batch of cookies out of the oven and used a spatula to place the warm snacks onto a thin sheet of wax paper. Tsu then collected the dirty utensils while Ojiro started on the dishes.

"Oh, sorry for the mess, Mr. Aizawa!" The man's presence made Mina jump, nearly hitting Sato with a hot cookie sheet. "We made a lot more dough than we meant to for the cookies, so it took a lot longer to bake all of it."

The man stood in silence for a moment, watching the group a little suspiciously. "Why are you even baking in the first place? It smells like Christmas threw up in here." He says, waving a hand in front of his face, looking over at two full cake pans on the counter. They were well frosted and decorated with sprinkles.

"Well," Ojiro starts, rubbing the back of his neck, "it was the whole class, but then Bakugou bailed on us. Kirishima left with him, and so did half the class. Some of them wanted to go to bed, others are in the common room." The blonde boy opens a drawer filled with rags and towels, causing him to pause. "When Shoji came back from (F/n)'s, she sent along some baking recipes for Sato to try out, and we all kind of decided to join in." The boy's smile was warm, but Aizawa was focused on the tallest of the group, who was now approaching him.

He was quiet before speaking. "Can I speak to you in the study?" Shoji asked him, his eyes dark and devoid of emotions as usual.

All the man did was nod as he led his student to the quietest room in the building. "What's this about? You didn't get in any trouble, did you?" He asked, closing the door and turning.

It took him a moment to process what laid before him. "This is (F/n)'s. She wanted me to give it to you." The boy held out a yellow sheet for his teacher to grab. "She told me everything. More than I asked for, but I'm glad I know now." It was the quirk evaluation sheet. Aizawa gripped the form in his hand and skimmed through it, a wave of relief passing over him.

"First Name: (F/n)

Middle Initial: (M/i)

Last Name: (L/n)

Sex/Preferences: Female, she/her

Quirk Name and Description: Solidification and compaction. Able to touch any solid or liquid and stop the atoms from moving within its structure. Can cram the atoms together to make the solid or liquid smaller and more compact.

Setbacks: Haven't used it in over ten years. Muscles cramp when used too much.

Quirk Inheritance: Father, Jonathon (L/n).

Inheritance Quirk Name and Description: It's the same thing."

Aizawa found himself looking through more and more of the paper, flipping it over to read the backside. When he finally got to the bottom question, his eyes widened as he gripped the form in his hand tightly. "When she was asked what might render her quirk as dangerous, she responded that it works on living things. Did she tell you that?"

Shoji nodded, his true set of hands balled into tight fists. "She's afraid of using it, but she wants nothing more than to be better than her father." His voice is quiet.

His teacher glanced over at the front side, an eyebrow raising. "Has she told you why she hasn't used it in ten years?"

"Actually, yes, she did." The boy looked down, a saddened look in his eyes. "When she was younger, her father was so excited for her quirk to manifest. When it did, she said that he was so proud that his daughter had his quirk. But, as the days went by, he was strict with her usage of it. (F/n) had even made the connection that her and her father have the same quirk as the villain Compact." He stopped, now all six of his hands clenched hard in front of him and at his sides. "After she had pointed it out, her father," a pause, "her father hurt her." His voice was almost silent. Aizawa's expression softened as Shoji began to speak once more. "It wasn't just a one time thing, either. She told me that he'd come home drunk some nights and would just start throwing things at her and her mother. When he lost his job at a local supermarket for showing up drunk, he blamed it all on (F/n). Why he did that, no one really knows, but she paid for his anger." The boy swallowed hard.

The pale man across from him was dumbfounded, realizing how intense your life has been. Now he genuinely regretted what he had said to you the other day about other people's lives being harder than yours. "So," Aizawa pulled himself from his thoughts as he looked over to his student. "Did she just fill out the sheet and expect something to come of it, or?"

From a mouth on his left, a cocky smile formed as Shoji spoke. "She was actually wondering if there was time she could show you and All Might what she's capable of. She's not sure how much she'd be able to do, but she wants to try and prove something to you two." Aizawa could hear the pride in the boy's voice, the confidence he had in her was apparent.

"Well, the next time you see her, tell her to stop by the dorms." He took another look down at the sheet of paper, flipping it over a few times happily. The tiniest smile formed on his face as he looked up at Shoji. "Thank you."

Surprised, the white-haired boy tilts his head. "Why would you thank me?"

Aizawa turned, his back now facing his student. "Because if it wasn't for you, I don't think I'd have this sheet. Whatever you did, whatever you said to her, it's nice to know that she's got someone like you looking out for her." He concluded, opening the door and walking towards the kitchen. All Shoji could do was stand in silence, his heart beating calmly in his chest as he thought of you. It had been true, what Aizawa said. You only opened up to him because he was one of the only people you trusted.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 145 17
Kirishima and Bakugo. They are attending a brand new university. Two of the many people who will be the very first to walk the halls there. They had...
31K 1K 24
Izuku Midoriya was never a vengeful person, he never really wished for anything to happen to anyone even if he was beat by them several times, he nev...
48.2K 997 61
(COMPLETE) Born with a unique quirk, Midoriya Izuku strives to become a hero. ××××××× That's it. That's the synopsis.... Don't look at me like that! ...
3.4M 98.4K 85
(𝚈/𝚗) (𝙻/𝚗) 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚋𝚘𝚛𝚗 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊 𝚙𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚏𝚞𝚕 𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚛𝚔, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚜𝚗'𝚝...