redamancy | jace herondale

By concupiscentz

[temporarily on hold] (n.) the act of loving the one who loves you; a love returned in full. More

intro
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53

16

1.6K 46 1
By concupiscentz

"Hey!" Raj yelled when I stormed into the Institute, barefoot, soaked and covered in scratches, "Hey, no- you can't go in there-"

I smacked his hand when he went to grab me and stop me, "Where's Izzy?"

Raj sighs, walking away, "I'm getting Aldertree-"

"Yeah, go!" I shouted after him, my bloody feet leaving a trail of footprints on the ground, "See if I care!"

My mother was following me now suddenly, along with Jocelyn and Clary, "Zee, are you okay?"

"The hell?" I glanced back at them and kept walking, "Do you three just travel around in a pack?-"

"Zee- what happened?" Jocelyn was reaching for me.

"Don't touch me-" I pulled my wrist away before she could grab me, standing in the middle of the Ops Center, "Alright- either you bring Izzy to me, or I roam around screaming her name until she shows up."

Clary was concerned as well, "Zee, where did you go?"

"What happened?" Jocelyn stood in front of me, "Where have you been?"

Aldertree was suddenly behind me, making me spin, "We're all curious."

"Bring a change of clothes and a hot cup of tea to my office." Aldertree instructed to Raj, "Zee and I are gonna have a little chat."

I pointed at Raj right before he moved, "You go through any of my drawers like you did when you helped searched my room, I swear to god, I'll kick your ass-"

Raj puts his hands up in surrender and rolls his eyes, walking away from us.

I looked between everyone, "Someone take me to Isabelle- now, I need to see her."

"She's with Alec, Zee." Margaret inhales and then suddenly, the three women went silent.

I looked between them, "What?"

They were silent.

"Will someone tell me what the hell happened while I was gone?" I began raising my voice in anger.

"He was trying to help us find you, and something went wrong." Jocelyn finally spoke up, looking down, "He's in a bad way."

-

"It appears you've had quite the harrowing experience." Aldertree handed me a cup of tea after I had showered and changed, sitting down in his chair, "Jocelyn tells me you were abducted by Dorothea Rollins, a warlock under Valentine's control."

I stare at the cup of tea in my hands, inhaling deeply, "That's what happened."

"Did she portal you to a tanker ship in the East River?" Aldertree asked me.

I inhaled.

I looked at him, responding dryly, "I'm not sure."

"Three hours ago, a large tanker ship was found there, recently abandoned." Aldertree sat up, "By the mottoes and the insignia on the boat, it's clear the Circle was on board."

I set the tea down and folded my hands together, "Well- that's definitely intriguing."

Aldertree mimicked my position and stared at me, "If you have any information about Valentine, about Jace you need to tell me."

"Look- the last thing I remember is Dot grabbing me off the street, and then I woke up in the water." I lied right to his face, "I was nearly run over by the Staten Island Ferry, and then I swam to shore and came here."

"If you're trying to protect your brother, lying to me is only gonna make it worse." Aldertree stares at me, "I can guarantee Jace's safety if you help me bring him in- and that's on record."

"If I had any information, don't you think I'd tell the Head of my Institute?" I questioned, "I would if I could, but- I can't tell you what I don't know."

I then shrugged, "Dot must have wiped my memory."

-

Isabelle quietly said to me as I stood in the hall with her, "I can't believe you lied to Aldertree."

"What else could I have done?" I questioned back with the same tone, "I couldn't let him go after Jace like he did before."

"So- Dot took down the wards and you two jumped off the ship together?" Isabelle asked.

"Yeah, but- as soon as we hit the water, the tide was so strong." I inhaled deeply, "We lost each other- I looked everywhere- and I couldn't find him."

Isabelle looked down, her eyes filling with small tears, "I don't know how much time Alec has left."

"This is my fault." I ran a hand through my waves, closing my eyes in concern, "If I hadn't gone with Dot-"

"This isn't your fault." My parabatai stopped me from speaking any further, "You wanted to find Jace- just like we did."

I sigh, "I'm worried, about them both-"

Isabelle exhales, sniffling, "Jace might be his only hope, and for all we know Valentine and the Circle have already found him."

"No- no, Jace is the strongest person we know, okay?" I placed my hands on his shoulders, "We're gonna find him- I promise."

-

"We need to find something of Jace's." I inhaled deeply, walking with Isabelle down the hall, "We need to track him down-"

"Don't bother." Isabelle sighed at my words, "Aldertree already has people tracking him 24/7- Jace must be using a rune to block it, otherwise somebody would've found him by now."

My eyes landed on Alec's state, as Magnus tried his best to help him, my heart breaking, "Has he been in there with Alec the whole time?"

"He's the only reason Alec still has a chance." Isabelle looked down, "But- his magic can't last forever- sooner or later, he's gonna burn out."

"We need to find Jace before that happens." I pulled out my ringing cell phone, answering, "Hello?"

"Oh, thank the Angel-" Jace exhale filled my ear, "Zee, it's me-"

"Jace-" My eyes widened, "Are you okay?"

"I'm a little soggy, but- I'll live." Jace said, "Listen- are you okay? I couldn't find you-"

"I'm fine- I'm at the Institute-" I told him and got straight to the point, "We need to get you to Alec."

"What do you mean?" He asked, "Why?"

"He tried tracking you with his parabatai rune, but now, it's like he's stuck in some kind of nightmare and can't wake up." I explained to him, "He was looking for you, so you're the only one who can help him."

"Okay." Jace exhales, "I'll- I'll get there."

"But- you can't." I reminded him, "The Clave still wants you dead."

"Yeah, well, who doesn't?" Jace scoffs lightly at my words, "They can get in line."

Isabelle took the phone from me, "Meet us at Magnus'- we'll figure out how to get Alec there."

"Okay." Jace agreed and hung up, "I'll get there as soon as I can."

-

"How are we gonna get Alec to Magnus' apartment?" Clary asked Isabelle as her and I walked with her,
"Aldertree has people everywhere."

"Not a problem." Isabelle smirked at her, "My parents want to get Alec to Idris- Magnus will create a Portal, we'll take it to Jace instead."

My phone buzzed in my pocket when we came to a stop, as I answered, "Hello?"

"Zee, it's Simon-" His familiar distressed voice filled the line, "I know you're probably busy- but, I need your help-"

I stammered, "Can it wait? I-"

"Zee, my mom's missing." Simon was freaked out, "She's drinking again."

My heart dropped for him, "Simon-"

"It's all my fault." Simon was stuttering over his own words, "She's been sober ever since that bender she went on after Dad died, but- I found a bottle of vodka in her bedroom, and there hadn't been alcohol in the house for years. Zee, if anything happened to her because of me, I-"

"Simon, slow down." I stopped him, stepping to the side, "How long has your mom been gone?"

"I don't know." Simon sighed, "I tried calling, but she won't pick up- I don't know where she is- Zee, please, I need your help."

"Hang on." I muted myself and looked at Isabelle and Clary, "Simon needs me- I have to go."

"Be there for him." Clary nodded in consideration for her best friend, "Izzy, Magnus and I have everything under control."

I nodded and walked away, unmuting myself and putting the phone to my ear, "I'm on my way-"

"Simon, grab something of Elaine's." I quickly added, "Something important to her."

"Uh-" Simon shuffles, "Okay, I got just the thing-"

-

"Anything?" Simon asked me when we walked down the alley, my hands on Elaine's necklace.

"Not yet-" I exhale deeply, "Sorry- I have a lot on my mind right now-"

Simon looks at me, "Clear your head or something-"

"That's kinda hard when you just get back from being kidnapped, and your brother that you had feelings for when you didn't know he was your brother is being hunted-" I remarked, sighing deeply.

"If only I'd checked in, called every once in a while instead of totally avoiding her." Simon was too deep in his own problems, covering his face.

"Simon-" I stopped, looking at him, "As insane as this sounds- maybe it's worth telling her the truth."

"What- come out of the coffin?" Simon stammered at my words, "Do you have any idea how she'll react?"

"Well, there's only one way to find out." I shrug lightly, "And if you don't think it's safe yet- then just- make up a huge lie."

Simon sighs, "I don't know, Zee-"

"Simon- she's your mother." I placed a hand on his shoulder, "That woman will love you no matter what- whether it's disappearing for a few weeks or- being a vampire."

"Being a vampire doesn't define who you are- because, you're still the same old Simon." I stared dead in his eyes, "The only differences now is you have fangs and have to go on a different diet."

"If she already accepts you for who you are, as a mother- it won't take long for her to adjust to what you've become because she still loves you, Simon." He was staring into my eyes, his expression softening, "Just think about it, okay?"

Simon gave me a small smile, as I blinked when I felt a hit on my tracking, stepping back, "Simon, I feel her-"

Simon stammers, "What?"

"She's this way, come on!" I turned and ran in the direction the tracking was leading me to, Simon following me.

-

"Zee, thank you!" Simon wrapped his arms around me and spun me around when we had found Elaine.

"It's not a problem-" I hugged back, then handed him the necklace when he put me down, "Good luck, okay? I gotta go deal with some stuff-"

Simon nods a little, giving me a smile, then walks in, as I answered my buzzing phone, "Iz?-"

"Zee, Luke's pack wants Jace dead." Isabelle's voice sounded full of distress, "They think he killed one of their own."

"Wait, what?" I blurted out, "No, no, no- they have it all wrong- Valentine was the one that killed her."

"Well, nobody told them that." Isabelle exhales, "They're closing in on him, so- I had to make a deal with Aldertree."

Isabelle continued, "He has a warlock creating a Portal now, but- even then, I don't know if I can get to Jace before the pack does."

I inhale, "Maybe I can-"

-

"Luke- there's no way you can't listen to me on this." I argued with him at the Jade Wolf, "You have to call off the pack."

"You're the alpha- you're the boss-" I press on him, "They'll listen to you."

"It's not that easy." Luke said back, "The pack operates by code, blood for blood."

"But- it's not Jace's fault." I shot back at him, "He was tricked into kidnapping Gretel- it was Valentine who really killed her."

"Believe me, I know his manipulations better than anybody, but, that doesn't mean-" Luke began.

Alaric cuts in, "Luke."

"Give me a sec." Luke exhales and moves to the side with Alaric, as they murmured amongst themselves.

"Sounds like she's moving in for the kill." I could only make out a few words, "What do you want to do?"

Then Luke looks back at me, as I kept a hard look on my face, wanting him to side with me.

-

"My brother is counting on me." I heard Jace's broken voice as I ran down the alley with Luke, "You can kill me- just- please let me get to him first."

"Well, I wish I could, but, uh-" Maia's voice filled my ears, along with growling, "It's them you'll have to convince."

"No!" I shouted and skidded in front of Jace, guarding him, "Stop!"

Luke skid to stop as well, "Stand down!"

"Keep out of this, Luke." Maia warned him.

"Jace didn't kill Gretel." I raised my voice at her, "It was Valentine- he threw her overboard when we escaped."

The wolf growled at me, as I pulled out my kindjals, ready to defend Jace with everything I had.

The wolf leaped towards me but was quickly brought down by a whip, Isabelle's voice filling the air along with the sound of a portal closing, "Stay."

"Good doggy." Isabelle smirked when the wolf obeyed, "By the order of the Clave, Jace Wayland is coming with me!"

"Maia." Luke's eyes began to glow green, "I said stand down."

Maia looked down and obeyed.

"Thanks, Izzy." Jace breathes, "I owe you one."

Isabelle swallowed, "Don't thank me yet."

-

"He can't last much longer." Magnus exhales to me as he and I were hovering over a sick Alec.

Worry was present within me, fearing that I would lose my best friend.

I wasn't ready for that.

"Alec." Jace walked in, slowly walking towards us.

Magnus handed Jace the stone, pulling me to the side with Clary and Isabelle, as Jace kneeled by Where Alec laid.

Jace put the stone between their palms and held it, "Entreat me not to leave thee or to return from following after thee."

"For whither thou goest, I will go." Jace continued to recite their oath, "And where thou lodgest-"

Jace was cut off when Alec's body stiffened and the stone fell from their hands, landing on the ground.

I swallow, "What's happening?-"

Magnus dreaded the sight, "He's slipping-"

Clary's eyes were wide, "No-"

"Thy people will be my people, thy God will be my God." Jace gently held Alec's face, "When thou diest, I will die."

"And there will I be buried." Jace said, tearing up, "The Angel do so to me."

Alec's head turned from Jace's embrace, his body going limp as he took his last breath, the light in the stone disappearing.

My heart stopped, tears burning in my eyes.

"And more also, if aught but death part thee and me." Jace held Alec in a hug, tears down his face from not wanting to lose him, "Please don't leave me, Alec."

Just when we all thought he was gone, Alec's whisper filled our ears, "If aught but death part thee and me."

Jace slowly pulled away in shock, then held onto his parabatai tightly when he realized he was awake, the both of them crying quietly as they were reconnected.

I wiped the small tear that fell from my eye, when Victor Aldertree's voice filled the room, "Jace Wayland!"

Aldertree walked in and stood in front of Jace as he stood up quick, "You are hereby sentenced to the City of Bones to await trial for the charge of high treason and aiding Valentine in the war against the Clave."

The deal Isabelle meant.

"Wait, what-" Alec stammered weakly, "What the hell is going on?"

"It's all right, Alec." Jace said right before they pulled him out, "All that matters is you're back."

authors note:

I'm sorry for the late update !

also I've noticed that my author notes aren't as big here as they are in my other books, like my bad-

but hey, zee and simon as a brotp

thank you for 4k !

vote and comment loadsss

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

314K 11.4K 109
Love, feelings and accidents.
467K 14.6K 191
COMPLETED Fluff, Heartache, Happenies, Cute Flirting
134K 4.5K 47
some memories never leave your bones. like salt in the sea; they become part of you - and you carry them. + + + In which a stoic shadowhunter, a dem...
408K 9.5K 57
(n.) the euphoria you experience when you are first falling in love.