S.S.S. 3 AGAIN

By Ztaoffy

๐ŸŒœUNEDITED and ON HOLD๐ŸŒ› Teniola Oluwademilade's parents gave her no other option than to repeat her S.S.S. 3... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Shout outs!!!
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Sixteen
A quick recap of characters.
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Not An Update, but Please, Read๐Ÿฅบโค๏ธ
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Note.
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two

Chapter Fifteen

1.5K 282 61
By Ztaoffy

A/N: I want to use this moment to appreciate your reads and all. Also, my news flash is that I got my admission two Sundays ago😊🤭 Thanks for all your support🥺🥰💖 I'm also sorry for the delay in the updates. I've been really busy these days😩 Plus I fell ill, and you know Nigerian parents' mentality😹, they'd be like it's because of phone I'm sick😒💔 Thanks for understanding also❣️ I love y'all💓
______

"What does perfect even mean?
Is there even such a thing?"
- Unknown Brain.
--------

Today is the D-day, the Yoruba day is today. Most of us in A class wore school uniform to school. Not the complete uniform anyway. Some girls in B class wore mufti, and they'll later change to their attires. We had Agric morning class as the assembly was going on. We kept peeping to the assembly to see the junior classes in their native attires.

"Ah, these children. We don't even know if the culture day will hold again today." Daddy Agric said, looking at the assembly from our class.

"But everybody thought it would be today?" Jetemi said.

"Let's wait and see sha." He replied her.

Minutes later, the principal peeped through our class window and told Daddy Agric that the Yoruba day will hold. Soon, Daddy Agric released us and we walked to the assembly. The person coordinating the assembly talked about our culture and all that.

Not very long after, we were told that the invited gangan (talking drum) drummers are here. Those who haven't changed were told to go change. All SSS3 students moved to where they were to change. Before we got to class, the guys have locked the door. So, we couldn't change in class. We decided to use the Library.

We rushed there and changed to our different clothes. Biola, Rachel, Lydia and I wore straight gown, while Jetemi wore Iro and Buba. Our friend from the other class, Stephanie, couldn't make it. She lost her Mum some days back. We were told she travelled to Ibadan for her burial. I really felt bad for her.

After applying make-up and all, one of the male teachers came to chase us out from the Library to join the other students. The whole school has changed to a colourful one. We were told to all line up. Two lines were formed. Biola and Jetemi were in front, as the lead dancers around the school compound. Lydia and I decided to stay at the back, because we thought we won't dance.

As soon as the drums started beating and everyone started dancing on their lines, out of the school compound, it got more interesting. Lydia and I found our way to the front with the others. We realised Rachel and Favour (Fiyin's ex) were also in front. All five of us started to dance freely in the front, facing one another.

We danced all around the outer four corners of the school. Those in the street kept staring at us. When we were almost done and returning back to school, the TV stations arrived. They began to video us. So, we had to dance harder and better, because we were the ones in front.

As soon as we danced back into the school, most of us were tired already. I collected my phone from the guy I gave it to. I checked the videos he recorded. Damn! The guy recorded shit, I swear. It was manageable anyway.

We were all ushered into the school hall as activities began immediately. There were cultural dances from junior classes, poems and Yoruba games (Ayo) and other things were done.

When it was time for the cultural dance Jetemi belonged to, she wasn't feeling too good. She told me and Lydia she was tired and it was really obvious from the look on her face. She was trying to convince us that she could still lead the dancers.

I stood up and walked out of the hall. I sighted the cultural dancers outside the hall, about to go change. I walked over to the teacher in charge.

"Well done Ma."

"My dear, how're you?"

"Fine ma. Uhm... Jetemi is really feeling sick right now. I don't think she can join Biola to lead the dancers."

"Ah.. Jetemi. She has to be there. She is the one who'd be leading them as soon as Bola starts to read out the poem."

"But she's not feeling okay.."

"What are we going to do now ehn? Ooh God, I hate disappointments like this ooh." She said, looking so worried.

"I'm sorry, ma."

"Can you be the second lead dancer, since you practiced with us?"

"I don't really know what they're doing. I practiced with them only in the beginning."

"God.. what's all these now ehn"

"Ma! I'll do it." We both turned towards the voice that just offered to save the day. It was Rachel. I felt really happy about it. Rachel practiced with them from day 1 till the end. Although, she wasn't planning to dance with them initially on the D-day.

"May God bless you." The Yoruba teacher said to her, obviously relieved. She ushered her and others to go change to their attire, as they'll soon be called to the stage.

Yes and yes, the dance was nothing but fun. Somehow, I wished I was on that stage with them, because sitting down here, the dance moves moved me. Even our guys were shouting and hailing the dancers. Talk of the devil! After talking to us anyhow.

Several Airtimes from Airtel, Glo, MTN and 9mobile were called for the fastest fingers, and soon, the party was over.

We all walked to class, laughing and gisting. Many of the SSS3 students changed back to the clothes they wore from home, including me. After changing, I walked back to class and saw people sitting in groups, gisting and doing stuffs.

Lydia was watching a Korean movie on Ramos' laptop, with some of the other girls. I wanted to join at first, but when it wasn't very convenient, I stood up and walked out of the class.

I headed to B class since there's nowhere else to go. I entered the class and met it a bit empty. I sat on one of the chairs close to the wall and placed my head on a locker, with my phone with me.

For some minutes, I surfed the net in peace until something hit my leg. At first, I didn't pay attention to it, but it hit me again the second and third time. I raised my head to see a smirking Daniel. Speaking of Daniel, my mind went to Jared. I haven't seen him today. Probably he's not around.

"Babe."

"Daniel.."

"How far nah?" He said, dragging a chair from behind me to my side. He sat on the chair and we were so close to each other.

I wonder if these guys don't ever get scared. If a teacher should come in, they'd think we're flirting or something is going on between us. Funny enough, it was just the two of us in class now.

"I'm fine. What are you doing here?"

"One, this is my class. Two, I came to greet you nah. It's obvious you're bored."

"Uhh, I'm not that bored jor. Me that I'm reading novel on wattpad."

"You people and this wattpad Shaa.. God knows what you people see in it." I chuckled as he said that.

"You don't know what is going on ni. Well, you don't really read novels so I'm not surprised sha."

"E peeele" ("Sorry", but in a jest-like manner.)

"Eshey." (Thank you.)

"So.."

"What's that?" I asked him.

"Nothing.." He trailed off, but still staring at me intensely. I was getting tensed with his stare.

"Why are you nah staring at me?" I tried to put off a smirking face.

"Are you over with Demola?"

Okay... I wasn't expecting that question.

"Who's Demola and why are you asking me questions about him?"

"Stop jare. Demmie is Demola nah.. You still have feelings for him?"

"Why are you asking me? And who told you I had feelings for him sef?"

"Babe.. just answer me."

"Alaye, I'm not your babe. Lezz have sense this afternoon oh."

"Oooh God, Demilade nah. Don't bring your craze here today jare. We wanna talk sense, for real."

"So... It's rubbish I'm talking abi."

"Bae.. chill please. Please.."

"Okay.."

"So I was saying... Do you still like him?"

"Lol. Since when?"

"Over him already?"

"What part of 'since when' don't you understand bai?"

"Ma binu." He said, chuckling and looked a bit relieved.

"So... Why did you ask me sef?"

"Demilade..."

"Uhn?"

"Demi... I.." With that, his voice trailed off and I felt his hands around my waist. Honestly, it felt strange but I kind of enjoyed it, so I let it be. He moved closer to me... as his eyes closed rapidly. And when his lips were about to touch mine...

"Sir please!!!!!"

His hands suddenly jerked off my waist as I stood up immediately.

Where the fuck was that noise from?

We both walked outside the class to see people gathered around. I moved to the other side to catch a glimpse of what's going on. Our English teacher was beating up one of the SSS1 students with a cane. Okay, I'm surprised.

One... This man hardly gets annoyed. Even if he does, he has never beaten a student before, not to talk of using a cane.

Two... Beating a student this hard isn't allowed in this school. So what could have gone wrong?

I quickly moved towards one of the boy's classmates to ask what happened.

"Hey b. What happened?"

"Master saw the guys drinking Alcohol in class and he seized it. He was asking them the person who brought it and none of them answered."

"Alcohol. For which class? SSS1?"

"I was surprised too oh." I heard Lydia say from behind me. I didn't even know she was there.

"Ah.. Lydia, imagine nah. These small boys .. Alcohol? Mad oh." I said, still surprised.

"Wonders shall never end oh. Shebi it's only fruit wine we brought in SSS1, our set.. and they complained about it."

"No wonder Master is beating him this way. He never gets angry, most especially at students."

"Inside life..." I heard someone shout.. as others burst into laughter.

That voice reminded me of what was about to happen minutes back. It was Daniel's voice. What did he want to do? What was he trying to imply? What's even going on these days sef?

Later, the crowd dispersed, though the matter wasn't concluded yet. Some of the students were even still at the scene, still watching. I walked to class and gladly, more students were already in class.

My eyes wandered around the class, just to meet a staring Daniel. His eyes were clouded, from what I could see, and he didn't stop staring. When it was getting weird, I looked away. I went to the seat I was before, and sat down. I placed my head on my locker and had a nap.

I woke up, tired and noticed the class was empty. I checked my wristwatch to see it wasn't closing time yet. I yawned slightly and stretched. I was about standing up to go check on my friends in the next class, when I noticed a seated Daniel behind me, with an airpod in his ears, staring down at his phone.

Geez... Did he stay here all through my sleep? My God... What does this one want from me now ehn?

I was about walking out of the class when I heard my name. I halted but didn't look back. He called my name again, this time I looked back to a staring Daniel. Okay... I haven't ever noticed this shit before, but Daniel is really handsome. Probably my mind wasn't always there.

"Yeah?" I answered his call.

"Stay here nah."

"Uhn.. I might come back. Wanna check on my friends in the next class."

"Oh.. okay. Please do come back." I just chuckled at his reply. I was about walking out when I turned to ask him a question.

"Where is Jared? Why isn't he here?"

"Jared isn't a fan of school activities like this. He'd rather stay home sleeping than attend a cultural party."

"Ooh.." I'm not surprised anyway, he's the 'cool guy' type.

"Demi?"

"Yes?"

"Why did you ask about him tho'?"

"Nothing nah. A friend isn't here and I noticed. Then I asked his bestie. There's nothing wrong in that, right?" I shrugged.

"Nope. So you guys are friends?"

Geez... Not again.

"Not exactly, but yes."

"You guys talk?"

"Just once..."

"Real life?"

"Facebook..."

"Lol. And you now call him your friend?" He chuckled a little.

"So? What's there?"

"Do you want to be his friend?"

"Geez, I'm already his friend."

"Nope."

"Yes. Besides, you're just his bestie. You ain't him."

"Lol." He said and giggled.

Okay... What's wrong with this guy now?

"You flirt with guys?"

"Ewww... I have pride, duh." I said, rolling my eyes to show how disgusted I am.

"Then you can't be his friend.. ma'am." He stressed the "ma'am" and smirked at me. The smirk looked evil, kind of. Probably my imagination anyway.

"What the fuck?! You think everyone's a fuckboy like you? Because you can't make friends with females without flirting doesn't mean he can't."

"I ever flirted with you?"

"I never allowed you to." I said, raising my voice a little.

"Demi... Don't tell me that shit again. You didn't allow me? Did I even approach you to try it? So why are you shouting like you're a saint?! Who knows how many guys have pressed your fucking body before you ended up in this school and now..."

"If your sister's body gets pressed everyday in her school like bread, doesn't mean every girl you meet is like her. Guy... Why are you making noise in my presence? If you want a girl laid, you have lots around you that you can lay. Does that mean you should badmouth your friend here over shit? Daniel, I know you well. You can flirt with a dead body... It's in you. So why acting like you're all pained here? Was your girlfriend laid without your consent?"

"Demi... Do you even..."

"Please.... Spare me the shit you wanna say. If you open your mouth to talk to girls anyhow, you can't try that with me." I was really annoyed already, and I know if this continues, I might say things I'm not supposed to.

"I understand the fact that you're pained because no guy ever approached you to do dirty stuffs with you.. that's why you open your mouth to say nonsense here."

I smiled back at him. "Because I do no such thing doesn't make me stupid. Don't make a good thing sound bad, dummy."

"See who's talking. Oh.. so you wanna keep your virginity till wedding night right? Ain't you?" He said mockingly. It got to me thouhh.

"Who brought in virginity here? Moreover, I can keep it as long as I want and it's none of your business."

"Awwn... Mummy's baby wanna keep her virginity till forever." He said again, mockingly.

"Lol.. Sure darling. I can keep it as long as I want. Probably before you even make it in life."

I guess that reply shocked him, because he looked at me with a very angry face, while I just smirked back at him.

"Just know I told you beforehand. He's gonna flirt with you and you won't want it. So you better stay away from him. I wonder why girls are damn blind not to notice that those that truly have feelings for them are very close to them. Yet, they prefer to chase someone who'd rather use them for nonsense. I'd be here when it will end in tears." He said and walked out through the back door.

My mind flashed back to the things he just said. I like his best friend... does he know about it?

And...

Does it mean... Daniel likes me?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.8K 2.8K 24
"So I was just a pawn in your game." "Why did you choose politics over me and mummy?" "Aisha that's not true." "Then what's true? Tell me what is t...
18.2K 3.1K 53
ส™แดแดแด‹ แดษดแด‡ แดา“ แด›สœแด‡ sแด‡แด‡ แด›สœส€แดแดœษขสœ sแด‡ส€ษชแด‡s(sแด›s) "๐‘ˆ๐‘›๐‘ก๐‘–๐‘™ ๐‘ค๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘’๐‘๐‘œ๐‘š๐‘’ ๐‘“๐‘ข๐‘™๐‘™๐‘ฆ ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘’, ๐‘ค๐‘’ ๐‘๐‘ข๐‘ก ๐‘ข๐‘ ๐‘Ž ๐‘“๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘ ๐‘’ ๐‘“๐‘Ÿ๐‘œ๐‘›๐‘ก, ๐‘Ž ๐‘“๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘Ž๐‘‘๐‘’...
46.7K 13.1K 41
When Dieko's father becomes a drunkard overnight, her mother becomes a punching bag but she endures it hoping it will all end soon but when he then b...
30.9K 5.2K 64
[COMPLETED] This is the story of a young lady who found herself being the only child of her parents which seems normal at first, but it comprised of...