The Elemental (Elijah Mikaels...

adbaez

"And who might you be?" His dark eyes darted back and forth between her blue ones, unreadable yet searching a... Еще

PART ONE
Andromeda
Rose
Elijah Mikaelson
Katerina
The Sacrifice
By the Light of the Moon Part Two
The Descent
Daddy Issues
Shots
Crying Wolf
The Dinner Party Part One
The Dinner Party Part Two
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Klaus
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lay Dying
Happy Birthday.
The Birthday
Disturbing Behavior
The Reckoning
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Ghost World
Ordinary People
Homecoming
The New Deal
Our Town
The Ties That Bind
Bringing Out the Dead
Dangerous Liaisons
All My Children
All My Children (SMUT)
1912
Break On Through
The Murder of One
Heart of Darkness
Do Not Go Gentle
Before Sunset
The Departed
Part Two
Growing Pains
The Rager
The Five
The Killer
We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes
The Brother's Keeper
We'll Always Have Bourbon Street
O Come, All Ye Faithful
After School Special
Catch Me if You Can
A View to a Kill
Into The Wild
Down the Rabbit Hole
Stand By Me/Bring it On
American Gothic
Pictures of You
A New Life
New Orleans
House of The Rising Sun
Tangled Up in Blue
Girl in New Orleans
Sinners and Saints
Fruit of The Poisoned Tree
Bloodletting
The River in Reverse
Reigning Pain in New Orleans
The Casket Girls'
Après Moi, Le Déluge
Dance Back From the Grave
Crescent City
Long Way Back From Hell
Le Grand Guignol
Red String
Author's Note: Check Out My New Story!

By the Light of the Moon Part One

25.3K 726 652
adbaez

"He hates me." Caroline was pouting over a cup of coffee, Regulus patting her hand in comfort. The blonde whirlwind that was Andy's best friend had come over early for breakfast, and also to spill her guts out while Andy fixed breakfast and Reggie listened.

"Matt does not hate you, Caroline." Andy stated over her shoulder, she stood at the stove in a loose pair of flannel pajama bottoms and a gray tank top. She was frying a pan of bacon, and also preparing a platter of chocolate chip pancakes for the children.

"Yes, yes he does! The man had been ignoring me for weeks, and when he finally shows up at my door step and tells me he misses me, exactly what I have been waiting for, he sees his best friend inside my house." Caroline groaned, blonde curls falling onto the counter top, and Reggie patted her head from his spot beside her.

Regulus was woken up by Caroline and the smell of food, so the toddler was still dressed in a red plaid onesie, chestnut hair sticking up on one side, and green eyes twinkling with laughter as he shushed his sister's friend. He adored Caroline, the two were practically best friends themselves and always teamed up on Andy to make her feed them. "Tis okay, Care."

"Why can't all boys be like you, Reggie?" Caroline moaned, and Reggie giggled as she squeezed him in a hug. "He's just confused, Care. The two of you broke up because you were keeping secrets, and now suddenly you're hanging out with Tyler."

"Why does everyone keep saying that?! I have known Tyler my whole life-"

"But, you have never been close. If the two of you were ever together it was because of me, and Matt did not see me there last night." Andy turned around to face her, and raised a brow while Caroline hid her face behind her hands. "He's going to think that there is something going on, when there isn't." Her voice was muffled, before she ran her hands through her hair, cornflower blue eyes meeting cerulean and were pleading. "What can I do to fix this?"

"Tell the truth." Andy said simply, and Caroline sputtering in indignation as Andy began to serve their plates and quickly cut Reggie's pancakes for him. "T-tell him?! You know that I can't, Elena-"

"It is none of Elena's business. And I thought you would take note from her actions; keeping the truth away from someone with the intention of protecting them does nothing, but hurt that person. You are taking his choice away." When Caroline opened her mouth to protest, Andromeda reached over the kitchen island and placed her hand on top of hers. She met her gaze, and held it intently as she spoke.

"You, Miss Caroline Forbes, are the most caring, charismatic, mean girl that I have ever met. You deserve not only the utmost loyalty, but also respect and trust. You should be able to believe and trust in the fact that someone will love you so unconditionally, they will accept every single one of your flaws and truths."

"But, what if he decides he doesn't want me anymore..." Caroline whispered, squeezing Regulus to her side as her lower lip trembled and Andy shrugged. "It's his choice. If you tell him, and he still decides not to want anything to do with you, then it's his loss. He does not deserve you."

She smiled at her best friend, and Caroline gave a watery one back before reaching over the kitchen island to pull her into a hug. "Thanks, Andy."

"Of course. Now let my child eat his food." They both laughed, and Andy walked around the kitchen island to fix Regulus in his seat, pushing him in closer to the counter to avoid a mess and handing him a fork. "Eat."

"Yes, Andy." Reggie dug into his pancakes, slurping up the syrup and she laughed before pouring him a glass of milk. "How is Tyler, anyway?"

"Scared. The full moon is tonight and he's terrified, just not saying it."

"Sounds like him..." Andy murmured, before sitting on the other side of Caroline. "Yeah, I'm going to stay with him. He shouldn't have to be alone, not like I was."

Andy hummed, and carefully watched her best friend as she took a bite into her food. "You like him."

Caroline choked, coughing erratically and Andy handed her a glass of orange juice while Regulus pounded his little fist on her back as her face turned red. "W-why would you say that?!" She coughed, and fixed Reggie back in his chair as he gave her a worried glance before continuing to eat.

"Just an observation." Andromeda said innocently, and Caroline fixed her with a glare. "Why are you so defensive? Unless, you like him?" This time Andy asked, storm clouds staring into clear blue as Caroline sputtered. "W-what? No. No! Tyler and I do not mix, we cannot mix, he's a w-"

Andy cleared her throat, and glanced at Reggie meaningfully, who had looked up at the two older girls in confusion and Caroline stopped herself. "Tyler's what?"

"Tyler is a bad boy, and Caroline likes him." Andy explained with a smirk, and Caroline threw her hands up in exasperation as Reggie's mouth formed an O in understanding before he frowned. "But Tyler isn't bad, he plays Mario Kart with me."

"I know, rìgh beag." Caroline was glaring at Andy, but her face was flush and Andy knew she had it right on the money. "I do not-"

"What about 'Lijah?" This time it was Andy's turn to choke, and she leaned over to peer at Reggie from Caroline's other side. "W-what?"

"Who?!" Caroline whipped her head around to look at the toddler, who's green eyes blinked up at both of them innocently. "'Lijah. He was here last night, with Andy."

Andromeda's eyes widened in horror, and Caroline's head snapped back to her in realization. "Elijah? The Original, that Elijah?!"

"It is not what you think-"

"He was here? Why was he here?!" Caroline's mouth was open in shock, and Andy shrunk back as the blonde glared at her fiercely. "How could you not tell me?!"

"I didn't want you to overreact!"

"Overreact?! The guy showed up to Richmond when Elena was trying to off herself, and ripped out-"

"Caroline!" Andy shrieked, and Caroline clamped her mouth shut before she screamed in frustration. "I cannot believe you did not tell me!"

Reggie was looking at the two in absolute confusion and at seeing that he was done eating, Andy lifted him out of his seat onto the floor. "Sweetheart, why don't you go upstairs and play?"

"But, I wanna talk too!"

"It's girl talk, baby. No boys allowed."

Reggie groaned in frustration, and Caroline laughed as he stomped his little foot. "You always have girl talks, there's never any boys for me to have a boys talk!"

Andy opened her mouth, but Caroline beat her to it. "Don't worry, Reg. If Elijah comes around again, you can start having boy talks with him." Her tone was cheeky, as Regulus ran out of the room with a cheer and Andy looked at her with wide eyes. "Um, petty much?!"

"You have not seen petty, now tell me everything!"

So, Andy told her everything. When she got to the part where Elijah said he would see her soon, Caroline absolutely squealed in excitement, eyes shining. "I have got to meet this guy." Andromeda rolled her eyes, and yelped when Caroline smacked her hard on her arm. "Caroline!"

"You have someone coming to your doorstep, calling you beautiful, comparing you to stars and basically spewing poetry, and he wants to see you again. How are you not more excited?"

"You're forgetting one thing. He's another of many who is completely obsessed with Elena." Andy didn't even try to hide the bitterness that colored her tone, and Caroline rolled her eyes before holding her hands between hers. "That's just an excuse, and you know it. You're scared."

"I am not-"

"You so are. I know you, Andy. You are terrified at the idea of anyone getting too close, and so you lock yourself up-"

"I have to take care of Reggie-"

"Mrs. Hayes is right next door! She could watch him at anytime, but no, you seclude yourself with Reg and don't allow yourself the chance to be around anyone." Caroline's words were brutal, and Andy ripped her hands away from her as she stood up to pace the floor.

"Not everyone is out to get you, Andy." Caroline said, softly and Andromeda shook her head as she continued to pace. "It's not that..."

"Then, what is it?"

"He could make me love him!" Andy spun around to face her, and Caroline inhaled sharply at the tears that were filling her best friend's vision. "You don't understand. We are immortal, yes, we can fall in and out of love as much as we want. But, for me, it's different. When my kind falls in love, it's  dangerous.

"There is a reason I don't trust easily. It's not because I think the world is out to get me, but because I don't allow anyone to have that power over me. Elementals are loyal to a fault, we are protective and the world could burn for all we care, so long as our love is alright." Andy took a shaky breath, and a tear slipped past as she spoke. "My mother warned me to guard my heart. Guard my heart, and take care of Reggie. All I have is him; if I allow anyone into my life, it affects him and Elijah... Elijah is unpredictable."

Caroline sped in front of Andy, and hugged her tightly to her taller frame. "I'm sorry. But, Andy, you cannot be afraid of falling in love. You're allowed to be happy, it isn't a weakness."

"Yes, it is." Andy sighed, before separating herself. Caroline gave her a sad smile, and Andy returned it. Caroline left, and after assuring her that Andy would meet her later that night to assist Tyler, Andy cleaned the kitchen before taking Regulus a bath and getting them both ready.

She thought back to Caroline's words, and it made her chest tightened. She wasn't just afraid to fall in love, she was afraid of everything. Elijah was new territory, something different from what she was used to and his very presence oozed dominance. Elijah was someone who liked control, he craved it, and Andy could not give that up. Control was all she had, otherwise she was afraid she would fall apart.

The two had just met, but there was a connection there. Caroline picked up on it without her saying explicitly, and pushed her to pursue it. Andromeda never showed anyone any interest, the only person who ever captured her attention was Damon.

Damon, the older Salvatore who forced himself in with his sarcastic barbs, and world famous pancakes. Damon, who picked up Regulus from school when Andy was sick and helped him with his homework so she could rest. Damon, who promised when they first met that his mission was to be her first kiss. And he was, one day, when the vampire had gotten drunk and was so angry over Elena,  he showed up to Andy's doorstep and when she tried to help him, he had kissed her.

Andromeda cried. Caroline wanted to kill him.

Because Damon was in love with Elena. Everyone loved Elena. Everyone would die for Elena, and where did that leave Andy?

Andy just finished styling her curly hair into a high ponytail when her phone rang, and she answered without looking at the caller ID. "Hello?"

"Princess," Damon's voice rang out and Andy rolled her eyes. "What do you want, Damon?"

"I can't call my best friend?"

"You call when you want something."

"That is not true, I called you when I confessed to Elena." Andy inhaled sharply, feeling a pang of hurt at the reminder before brushing it off. "Then you compelled her to forget, like an idiot. Where is she, anyways?"

"On house arrest. I can't trust her to not try and off herself, especially now that Elijah's back and Stefan is in the tomb. So, I had Bonnie spell the house so she would stay put."

Andromeda burst out laughing, and wiped her tearing eyes. "O-oh, I wish I could have seen her face."

"Priceless, I tell you. Anyways, heard anything from Tyler?"

"Caroline just left to meet him somewhere in the woods, why?" Damon cursed, and Andy raised a brow as he exclaimed; "Blondie is going to get us all killed, I told her to stay away from him."

"She's helping him, Damon."

"Great, she's going to kill herself off then." Andy rolled her eyes at his dramatics, putting him on speaker as she placed the phone down. "I'll be with her, Damon. Tonight is a full moon, we can't just leave him alone."

"No, no. Absolutely not, you're not going anywhere near him."

"That's not really up to you, Damon."

"What, so you can be the dog's chew toy? Okay, you can blow some wind and throw some fire, but we're not putting you up against a damn werewolf." Damon bit out, and Andy laughed before rolling her eyes as she finished getting ready. She wore a white long sleeve bodysuit with a square neckline, tucked into a pair of light blue mom jeans with white converses. Andy put on a gold necklace with a clear quartz wrapped in copper wire, also adding a pair of hoops as she listened.

"No, it's not happening. Plus, Mason has a mystery woman that's in town looking for poor Lockwood."

"Where is he, anyway?"

"Decomposing in his truck." Andy rolled her eyes heavenward, and let out a breath as she grabbed her jean jacket. "I told you killing him was going to bite you in the ass."

"Most things come back to bite me in the ass, she's going to have to wait in line." Andy shook her head as she called out for Reggie and heard his little feet running to her room. "Anyways, Alaric has eyes on her. Meet me at the grill?"

"What, so I can see you become mince meat? No thanks, plus I have the bairn."

"Drop him off with the Sheriff, better yet, bring him. I miss my little bud anyways, he spends too much time around girls." Damon said cheerily, just as Regulus got to Andy's room and she looked him over.

He was wearing a pair of blue denim jeans with a long white t-shirt and a grey knitted jumper on top with his white converses. Reggie squirmed as Andy fixed his hair with a brush, and she shushed him while answering Damon. "No can do, the lad and I are paying a visit to Mrs.Lockwood so I can drop off some of my mom's files for the Historical Society and then, Reggie is going to spend the night with Mrs.Hayes."

"Or, he can stay with me." Damon persuaded, Regulus perked up as he overheard, and Andy shook his head at his wide green eyes. "Oh no. You literally just said that you were going to scout out mystery woman, who may or may not be a you know what, and are most likely to piss her off and it's a full moon. Absolutely not."

"Oh, come on-"

"Please, Andy!" Both boys pleaded with her, and Andy rolled her eyes. "No. You two can spend time together another time." Reggie whined and Andy could feel Damon pouting over the phone. "I wouldn't let the kid get hurt, Andy."

"The answer is no, Day." With that, Andromeda hung up and shook her head at Regulus. "No pouting, you can see him another day." She helped him put on his jean jacket before both went downstairs. Andy parked the car outside of the Lockwood mansion, and Reggie ran to the front door once out of his car seat while Andy grabbed the box of stuff.

"Hi, Mrs.Lockwood!"

"Hello, Regulus!" Carol Lockwood stood at the entry way and hugged Reggie to her before looking up to see Andy approaching. "Andromeda, thank you." She greeted her warmly, before moving out of the way as Andy entered with the box. "You can put that right over there, dear." Andy set it down on one of the white marble tables, before turning around and getting pulled into a hug. "How are you?" Carol asked, worriedly and Andy just smiled. "Good as always, Mrs.Lockwood."

"I keep telling you, call me Carol." She lightly scolded, and Andy just shrugged her shoulders. "Regulus, there's some cookies in the kitchen. Go help yourself." The little boy didn't need to be told twice, and took off running while the two women laughed. "You spoil him."

"Please, that child deserves to be spoiled as do you." Carol laughed before gesturing Andromeda to the parlor. "There's someone I would like you to meet." Andy followed, but froze as she saw the familiar figure sitting with his back to her before he turned, and Andy locked eyes with Elijah. The Original stood up from his perch, dressed in a dark grey suit and dark eyes focused on her intently. Then he smiled.

"Hi. I'm Elijah Smith." Andy nodded dumbly, cerulean eyes not leaving his as Carol explained his presence. "Elijah, here, is doing research on Mystic Falls. Elijah, this is Andromeda, one of my son's friends." He stepped closer, taking her hand in his and Andy fought back a shiver as he pressed a firm kiss to the back of her hand. His lips lingered a little longer than necessary, and his eyes did not leave hers for a second as he took in her flushed cheeks.

Storms were brewing behind her eyes, and Elijah could imagine the million questions that were bouncing around her pretty head. And it was very pretty, a heart shape face with high cheekbones and dark hair swept up into a ponytail exposing her neck and collarbone. "It's a pleasure."

"Charmed." Andy breathed, before clearing her throat and Carol's eyes swept over the two with a small smile. "Reggie." She called out, breaking eye contact and turning away from Elijah whose eyes did not move from her form. The toddler appeared in the doorway, and all three adults smiled as they took in the cookie crumbs that littered his face. "Andy?" Regulus stopped, and looked between Elijah and his sister in confusion as Andy tucked him into her side. "Reggie, this is Mr. Smith."

Regulus noticed the change in name, but didn't say anything as he nodded from his place beside her and Elijah smiled. "Hello, Regulus."

"Hello." Andy cleared her throat before sending an apologetic smile to Mrs.Lockwood, ignoring the Original a few feet away. "We should be going, but it was good to see you." Carol smiled, but Elijah stepped forward before she could say anything. "Let me walk you out."

He stepped close to her, and with a hand at the small of her back led her to the door. Andy felt her heart racing at his proximity, and she felt his hand as if it were burning a mark into her skin. Elijah walked her outside to her car, and before Andy could make a move, he opened the backseat and lifted Regulus into it himself, before strapping him in. "I could do that myself." She snapped, and Elijah looked to her in amusement. "I never said you couldn't. Just wanted to be of service." He leaned against the car door, just looking at Andromeda as she stood before him.

She was lovely, sun kissing her skin and making her eyes appear as clear ocean depths. His observation was interrupted by Reggie, who was watching the two from his car seat. His green eyes were narrowed in confusion as he watched Elijah. "Is your name Mister Smith, or Mister My-cel-sin?" Elijah smiled, and Andy shook her head as he explained. "My name is Mikaelson, young Regulus."

"Then why did Mrs.Lockwood call you Mister Smith?"

"Because, I used a different name." Elijah said simply, before his eyes widened in surprise as Regulus crossed his small arms and glared at him. "You lied."

"I did."

"Andy says lying is bad."

"And, she is quite right." Elijah shot her an amused look over his shoulder, before turning back to Reggie while Andy watched the interaction between the two with wide eyes. What the hell is happening?

"I had a reason not to tell Mrs.Lockwood my true name, but that does not make it right. You should listen to your sister." Reggie hummed in understanding, before his green eyes found his sister and he asked innocently. "Does this mean 'Lijah and I can have more boy talks?" Andy choked, eyes widening as Elijah looked confused before a devilish smirk crossed his face and he looked at her. "Whenever you want, Regulus."

"OKAY! I think that's enough." Andromeda cleared her throat nervously, before shutting the car door and Elijah just smiled at her high-strung expression. He captured one of her wrist in his, and pulled her closer to his frame as she gasped in surprise before being sucked into the hold that were his eyes. Again, she felt the familiarity of them and seemed to forget the lack of space between them as she breathed out. "Just, what do you want from me?"

"You'll find, Andromeda, that I want absolutely nothing and yet, everything."

"Why me?"

Because, you remind me of my lost love. Because, from the moment I laid eyes on you, you were mine. Because, you have been haunting my dreams since before you were born.

"Because, I find you intriguing," Elijah stated simply, eyes roaming over her face before focusing on the pomegranate hue of her lips. "and, I would love very much to get to know you." That snapped her out of it, and Andy warily stepped back but Elijah still kept her close. "I-I can't."

Elijah took in her slight trembling, and the wide innocent doe eyes, feeling himself stir with the urge to hold her. Protect her. "You're afraid of me."

"No-"

"You are. You're afraid of the idea of me. Of what I make you feel." Her heart rate picked up, and Elijah lifted her chin to force her eyes to meet his. "You're afraid that I feel it too. That it isn't just all in your head."

"Isn't it?" She breathed shakily, and Elijah smiled as he caught the undertones of her question. Isn't it all in my head? Isn't this a ploy, to get close to me, to Regulus? Isn't this something much bigger than the both of us, and something neither of us will ever come back from?

"No," He breathed, warm eyes boring into hers, and for a second Andromeda couldn't breathe. "no, it is not."
**************
This will be continued in the next chapter, I had to cut it into two parts or it would have been way too long.

Have a happy holidays, everyone! ❤️

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

1.9M 46.7K 45
Who would of ever thought that Klaus Mikaelson was capable of friendship? Unlikely. And with a Salvatore? Even more unlikely. But as it seems h...
7.1K 621 19
𝐋𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐌𝐁 | ❝If I told you about the darkness inside of me would you still look at me as if I was the sun?❞ Hazel Gilbert...
222K 4.9K 40
TVD STORY! Elena had a twin, not biological, but ny heart. Her name was Elizabeth Gilbert. She had always known about the supernatural and she knew t...
11.7K 399 21
What will happen when the group goes searching for ways to change the past. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "You couldn't stay away could you?" He was smil...