Thugged Out

By j_fromig

Her mom left her and her sister to live her best life. India is 19 years old and trying to take care of her 3... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
feedback
8
9
10
11
12
13
sorry!
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25: The Party
26: The Party pt. 2
27
28
29
Please dont be mad
30

14

4K 138 17
By j_fromig

Omniscient
3 weeks later

Skylar was in a coma a little longer than what the doctors expected and things weren't really going that well. India hasn't ate and she haven't left the hospital since Skylar has been there. She made a little routine, every morning she woke up and prayed over Skylar, she went for a walk, she talked to her, and at night she prayed over her. India rarely slept in hopes of Skylar waking up. It was Tuesday and India was sitting there staring at the wall with Skylar little hands in hers. She thought she was tripping when she felt Skylar fingers move. She instantly pushed the button for the nurse when Skylar eyes opened.

"NURSE!!" She yelled out. India instantly started crying tears of joy. She looked up and said, "Thank you lord! Thank you so much." The nurses instantly ran in the room. Skylar tried to talk but couldn't get anything out. A nurse came with a cup of water and held it to her mouth so she could drink some.

"Hey Skylar." Nurse Bria said. One thing that I can say is that my support system has been strong. Bria and I have grown close overtime she has been coming in and motivating me and I really appreciate her for it. King has been up here everyday, he even stayed a few nights. My dad has been in and out. I can tell that after this all blow over he's going to have a lot to say to me about King and that's fine. I'm grown and at the end of the day I make my own decisions. My grandma has been here every other day but she has called me everyday and Lailani come every evening. Skylar looked around confused her eyes lit up when she saw me. "Mommy." She said. Her voice was still dry and scratchy but I knew what she said.

"My baby." I said. I just broke down and started crying. I got up and hugged her but I was careful. "I love you so much." I said.

"Mommy why you sad?" She asked. I quickly dried my tears.

"Baby these are tears of joy." I said.

"Otaay." She said. Her facial expression went from normal to one that looked like she was in pain. "My head hurt." She said. The doctors left the room I guess to get her some medicine. I mean she's only 3 so it's not a whole lot they can give her. I grabbed my phone and I sent King a text.

Me- She's woke!
King- fr? i'm omw
-
Me- She's woke stw.
Granny- Me and your dad will be there shortly
-
Me- She's up!
Lailani- im about to come up there rn .. can she have visitors??
Me- I think she can y'all jus gotta come in here two at a time
-

"Okay Ms. India, these are our little rules with her. It has to stay dark in here at all times it'll help keep her head from hurting real bad. NO loud noises! Any little thing will trigger her head to hurt. She can't get too excited! and she can have visitors but no babies! I'm thinking only two people at a time to be on the safe side but, we'll see how that go. I know your people are eager to see her, especially her dad." The nurse said. The dad part threw me off but, I just went along with it. I don't care about none of the extra today. I'm just glad my baby is up and okay.

-
King walked in the room with a giant teddy bear, some balloons, and a big bag. Her face lit up when she saw him. "Kinnnnnggg." She said. The nurse stood in the corner and took note of how well she recognized everyone.

"SkySky I missed you little girl." He said.

"Awwn you so niceee, what did you buy me?" Skylar asked.

"I got you some balloons, a bear, some lil juices, an outfit, some shoes, a lil glam set, and a few toys." He said. He pulled all of the stuff out of the bag and let her hold them. Skylar smiled from ear to ear.

"Thank you." She said.

"Anything for you babygirl." He said.

I smiled at how well she was doing. My grandma, my dad, and Lailani all walked in at once. "Graaannny." Skylar called out. All of them had gifts and I know Skylar love gifts. Now that my baby is well I'll finally be at peace. King walked to me, "Come on, let me take you to the house so you can eat and take a bath." He said.

"I'll be o—." I said before he cut me off. "Ma Ian takin no for an answer so let's go." He said pushing me out the room.

"Hey I'm about to take her to get dressed and to get something to eat." He said. My dad mugged him before we walked out. As we were walking down the hallway King broke the silence. "Wassup with yo pops?"

"I don't know." I said. Really I know it's because of King but, I'm not going to tell King that.

"Awe." He said. When we walked outside it was chilly so I grabbed on to King as we walked to his car. He clicked the locks and I spotted his all red Jeep Wrangler. I guess he is trying to stay lowkey today. King opened the door for me and I climbed in the front seat. I looked in the mirror for the first time in a month and saw that I looked rough. I had bags under my eyes, my hair, and nails needed to be done. He drove out of the hospital parking lot and sped ahead to merge on the freeway.

"I already got yo outfit and shit laid out, it was gone be a surprise but shiiid black folks never be on time so, it's gone be a whole like makeover crew there however y'all females do that shit." He said. I smiled. "Aww foreal?" I said.

"Yeah, I gotta make sure my girl be lookin right at all times." He said.

"Your girl?" I said.

"Yeah, you mine. I gotta protect you and SkySky y'all my girls." He said. I blushed a little, It's been a while since someone other than my child has made me feel special. I sat back in the seat as King sped home. A few minutes later we pulled up and went through the whole process with his security. We got out and walked in I let along unlock the door and we made it in. He led me upstairs to the bathroom inside of his room. I walked in and the tub was filled with a bubble bath. There was a nail tech sat up for once I get out the tub.

"Aye y'all hook her up." He said before walking out.

KING

I facetimed Lailani so I could talk to Skylar.
Lailani- Hello
Me- What Sky doing
Lailani- nothing talking to her grandma and papa, she has been talking nonstop and she keep talking about somebody named Trell.
Me- who that is?
Lailani- I don't know
Me- lemme talk to her
Sky- Hello
Me- wassup princess
Sky- nothing at all
Me- they let you eat yet?
Sky- not yet, they gave me passicle so i won't throw up
Me- oh you want me to sneak you some food mamas
*starts to whisper*
Sky- Shhhh they might hear you ... yes i want popcorn shiggen
Me- okay, i got you when we come back up there i had to get your mommy the hook up she was looking a little rough
Sky- My doctor hands was stankin she tried to bwaid my hair i said only my mommy or uncle tae do my hair
Me- What the hell
Sky- Yup

-
Omniscient
3 hours later

India nails and hair was done. Her and King was about to head back to the hospital. "Whew I feel like a new woman." India said laughing.

"Shid you look like one too." King said. He opened the door for here and checked out her outfit. She had on a pink Prada sweater, some white jeans, and the pink and white snakeskin 11s. King was dressed in a black and white Balenciaga sweater, some distressed jeans, and the big Balenciagas that looked like boats. One India was in King walked back around to the driver side and got in and started the jeep. India facetimed Lailani so she could talki to Skylar while King drove. King pulled up to sonic and ordered Skylar some popcorn chicken. He got one medium and two large orders. "What you want to drink?" He asked India.

"Blue raspberry sprite." She said.

"Lemme get 3 orders of popcorn chicken, 1 medium and the other two large. I need a small lemonade, a large blue raspberry sprite, and a large orange fanta with a little ice." King said. India focused on her conversation with Skylar.

India- So how do you feel? Is your head hurting?
Sky- Not really
India- that's good
Sky- Mommy
India- huh
Sky- huwwy up and get here i miss you
India- Okay baby, we on the way i miss you too
Sky- Otay

India hung up the phone and the girl brought the food to the car. She was smiling from ear to ear when she saw it was King. When the carhop noticed India in the passenger seat her whole facial expression changed. India was mugging her as she passed the food to King. "Bae did they give us some dipping sauce?" India asked being petty. King laughed and checked the bag.

"Nah, whatchu want?" He asked her.

"Honey mustard." India said.

"Lemme get some honey mustard." King said. The girl walked inside to get the honey mustard. "You so petty." King said laughing. A few minutes later the girl came back with their dipping sauce and King paid for the food. The carhop wrote her name and number on the receipt and passed it to King and winked. India grabbed the receipt and balled it up and simply threw it out of the window. "Bitch you lucky I don't throw this drink on you." India said loud enough for her to hear before King backed out. "I need to get her a gift." India said.

"They got a gift shop in the hospital unless u wanna stop some where." King said.

"Nah, ima jus get her some flowers, a card, a bear, some balloons, and ima order her a customized american girl doll." India said.

"Okay." King said reaching in the bag and pulling out his food. India pulled out hers and opened the honey mustard and ate. The ride was silent but, it was comfortable. King pulled up to the hospital and they both got out. India carried the drinks and King carried the food. India walked ahead and went to the gift shop.

"Can I get a gift basket put together for a 3 year old." India asked.

"Yes ma'am you can tell us what you want in it and we'll price it for you." The lady said.

"Okay, I want balloons, a bear, a card, and y'all can add whatever cute stuff y'all want to it." India said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3M 188K 76
Molly is a young teen with anger problems because of her past. Growing up in a bad ass neighborhood and with a mean ass mother only makes things wors...
418K 21K 45
When Ryann meets Ava - she's intrigued right away from the smooth woman who is more than just a mystery. From her luxurious lifestyle to her love lif...
80.5K 3.4K 37
Kaysia and Kaz is back but shit ain't nowhere near better. As she try to deal with this new life that's been put before her. Kaz could be facing a lo...
169K 3K 42
India was only 14 when her parents left her & her older brother. Even though he was able to take care of her she decided that she needed to help to...