Patience [Clint Barton]

By dancingspacecadet

Blythe Jones doesn't need a guy to make her happy. Well, to be honest she's never thought about it. Since the... More

1. Coffee
2. Running with the wolves
3. Hot Cocoa and Crushes
4.Guns up!
5. Hacking
6. Little black dress
7. Wall Crawler
8. Books and Braids
9.The movies
10. So we meet again
11. The Start of This
12. The end of the beginning
14. Fire against Fire
15. Beach Days
16. No regrets
17. Relax and Mud Bath

13. Coffee Hearts

342 18 6
By dancingspacecadet

It was a Thursday morning in August and I had nothing to do. Kailey is on a date with some guy from work and will be gone all day. I thought about calling or texting Clint to see what he was doing but, I didn't want to bother him on his day off. 

With that in mind, I decided to grab a bite to eat and then go to Barnes and Noble. I could always use some new books and after I might swing by the office for a bit. See if I need to do any paper work.

I threw on a black and white striped t-shirt and a pair of black leggings. I didn't do my make-up but put my hair in a pony tail and put on my tennis shoes. Grabbing my sunglasses, I left my apartment and started to walk to Winding Roads.

The door dinged softly as I entered and I took a deep breath, filling my nose with coffee and chocolate. I wandered up to the counter and took my time. Plus side of having off on a week day, no lines. 

No one was at the counter so I waited patiently with my order and decided to check my phone. 2 new messages. Hmm, lets see. One from Sam and one from Steve.

Sammy: [7:33 AM] Hey so I can't remember what the third Star Wars movie is called.... also I know you have that series on DVD soooo can I borrow them?

Jonessss: [8:09AM] It's revenge of the Sith and yes. I'll be around later if you want to pick it up to grab.

I texted him back and then went to see what Steve wanted.

Steebe:[ 7:57 AM] How do I use the weird face sticker things again?

Blythers: [8:11 AM] Hit the smiley face above your keyboard. It'll take you to the emoji selection.

I looked up from my phone as I heard someone come to the front. I slide my phone in my pocket and took out my wallet. Leggings with pockets are honestly a heaven send. I looked up again and met the hazel eyes of Jackson Blue. He smiled at me and I smiled back. Don't get me wrong, this guy is hot but, my mind has been filled with a certain archer lately. I wish that he liked me back. Oh geez, I sound like a school girl right now.

"Hey, Jackson. Right?" He grinned wider and nodded enthusiastically. 

"Yeah, and you're Blythe?" 

"Bingo."

"Well Blythe, what can I get you today." He smirked at me, his eyes roaming around my face.

"A pumpkin spice late. Please and Thank you." He nodded and typed it onto the screen as I dug out a ten. I set it on the counter and waited for him to make it. I dug out my phone and saw that Sam responded to my text.

Sammy: [8:16 AM] Sure. I'll be by in an hour???

Jonessss: [8:17 AM] Perfect.

I slid my phone back as Jackson come back with my drink and a slight blush on his cheeks. I smile at him and he sets my cup on the counter. He rubbed the back of his neck and looked a little sheepish.

"Um, so I know this is random and we don't really know each other but, do you wanna go out sometime? Like on a date?" To say I was shocked is an understatement. I must have looked shocked to but I shook my self out of it and thought about it for a few seconds.

The only other person I was interested in, wasn't interested in me. Unless he changed his mind I'd be single for a awhile. And, I haven't been on a date for a very long time. I suppose it wouldn't hurt. He's cute and sweet. Why not?

"I'd like that." His head shot up and he grinned at me. His smile is cute too.

"Really?" He asked me again.

"Really." I replied with a small smirk and he went to grab a sharpie. He proceeded to write his number on my cup. He grinned at me as he handed the cup back to me. 

"Text me sometime."

"I will. See you soon Jackson." I gave a small wave and turned on my heel. I walked out of the shop without a glance. Aren't you supposed to be confident? I walked back to my house with a small smile. 

I jog up the steps and open the front door, sipping my late. 8:33 AM. Hmm okay, so Sam will be by in roughly half an hour and my house is a disaster. I start in the kitchen and do a load of dishes and wipe down the counters. I open my fridge and sigh. I have a jar of mayo, a bottle of syrup, a very old and wrinkly apple, some very suspicious food in a Tupperware container, and some bottles of water. Throwing out the apple, I grab a notebook and make my grocery list.

After that I tidy up the living room which is full of spilt popcorn, empty pop cans, and a ton of blankets. I smile as the memory of Clint and I come back to me. After the last mission he ended up staying the night here and we binged the whole Final Destination series. We had to stay up until like noon the next day but it was worth it. I ended up falling asleep in the second one and I'm pretty sure so did he. That was a few days ago but it feels like yesterday.

Coming out of my daze, I start a load of laundry and grab the movies that Sam wanted. I was just finishing vacuuming when I remember to text Jackson. 

                                                        Hey Jackson, this is Blythe

I don't expect him to reply since he's at work so I set my phone on the counter and keep cleaning. Half an hour flies by and by time Sam got here, I only managed to clean the first floor.

The door bell rings and I slide down the hallway on a pair of fuzzy socks. I grab the handle and yank on it, not expecting to fall right over. 

"Umm. Well that just happened." I landed on my ass but managed to pull the door open far enough for Sam and Bucky watch me go down.

"Hey guys...." I wince and Bucky sticks his hand out to help me up. I grab it and he hoists me up, grabbing my elbow. "How much of that did you see?" I ask hoping they didn't see much. My hopes sank as Sam shot me a smirk.

"All of it." I huffed but let them into my house. They laughed at me and walked through the door. 

"How's it going doll?" Bucky asks as he unlaces his combat boots and Sam tugs off his Tennis shoes. It still surprises me that he calls me doll. I've met him a few times now. Twice on a mission, once at the movies, and once at the tower. He's pretty nice and I enjoy his sarcasm. Plus watching him and Sam and bicker is funny.

"Pretty good. I didn't know you were coming over too." I brushed off my leggings and walked them into the kitchen. They sat on stools and I lifted myself up onto the counter. 

"Yeah well, neither did I." Sam rolled his eyes and shot the metal armed man a playful glare. Bucky simply shrugged back at him. I laughed under my breathe at their antics. Suddenly my phone dinged and I looked over to where it was at.

                   Jackson: Oh hey. So how does supper tomorrow sound?

 I grabbed my phone from the counter and shoved it in my pocket, my face burning. I looked up at the guys to see Sam frowning and Bucky raising his eyebrows.

"Got a hot date Jones?" Bucky snapped out of it and shot me a smirk.

"Something like it." I smiled softly back at him and glance back at Sam who is still frowning at the spot where my phone was. I took this as a good time to grab the movies. I walked to my living room and grabbed the stack. Walking back, I heard hushed whispers that stopped as soon as I entered the room. I set the movies in front of Sam and he stood up.

"Well thanks Blythe. We really better get going. I'll talk to you later." He rushed out, still frowning. Bucky nodded and stood up as well. Before I could say anything, they walked to the door.

"Umm, Bye!" I waved to them, still stuck where I was standing. They walked out the door and went to the car. That was pretty weird. I won't even lie. I grabbed out my phone and texted back Jackson.

                                                            Blythe: Pick me up at 5?

***************************************************************************************

                                                               *Back at the tower* [ NO POV]

Sam and Bucky made it back to the tower in record time. Sam was nervous and was trying to figure out how to tell Clint about Blythe's date. It was fairly obvious that they both liked each other. So why does Blythe have a date with this Jackson guy? Sam knows that they both are deeply in love with each other. Its like she is trying to torture them both.

Bucky was deep in thought when it came to him. She didn't know that Clint felt the same way that she does. And he's willing to bet its the same the other way around too. 

The elevator dinged and both men walked out on to the Archer's floor. 

"Hey guys. What's up." Clint smiled and walked over to them. His smile faltered when he saw their frowns. "What's wrong."

"I don't know how to say this... but Blythe's got a date."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.2K 2.6K 27
~*COMPLETE*~ Little sister of Laura Barton is living with her while her Clint is working with the Avengers and Laura is pregnant with the couple's 3...
19.6K 801 26
Sequel to {I'll stay with you} ☆☾Clintasha romance novel☽☆ Book 3 (Completed) Young adult years Clint gets introduced to S.H.I.E.L.D, as Director Fur...
378K 12.4K 118
Steve Rogers has been pining over you for a full year since you joined the Avengers initiative. You are close friends with Clint, Nat, and Bruce. He...
11.2K 197 35
[#1 in peterandmj] [WARNING: fluff and heavy swearing] Peter Parker is like any other kid, except he is Spider-man. Stark is offering an Internship a...