'The Wolf Within'

By Incredibletosay

*This book is a good few years old now so apologies for the poor writing - make sure to check out my newest A... More

Author's Notes
Cast
Soundtrack
Trailer
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 11 part 2
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 25

1.8K 61 24
By Incredibletosay

• • •

"Sometimes, I get this feeling 

I've been breathing someone else's air"

 • • •

The bell rang, signaling the end of the day, as Zack and I exited the changing rooms. 

"Ugh, I hate that obstacle course. I genuinely think I might have pulled my hamstring!" Zack exaggerated, as I laughed at his overaction.

"Hey! That's not nice. You really hurt my feelings...pooch!" Zack replied with fake hurt.

"Pooch?" I questioned lightly giggling at his tired state.

"Yeah, that's what you get for bullying me" Zack childishly stated, sticking his tongue out at me.

"Like Wolfie is a cool name and all, but are you gonna explain the whole name thing to me as well?" He pondered eagerly.

"Maybe... I'll see how you take the first part." I mumbled, unsure whether he would freak out, as Zack nodded in understanding.

"Ooo I forgot to say. I'm having a house party next week, wondered if you wanted to come?"

"What's a house party?" I queried unsure what I could be getting myself into.

"Is just a party for like all your mates at your house. Fran and Jace are coming so there might be alcohol... BUT you obviously don't have to drink if you don't want to. But I'd really like you to come. And you can stay the night so you don't have to worry about your parents if you do end up drinking." Zack replied with a cheeky smile.

"Umm maybe. I'll see how things go down with my dad tonight..." I trailed off, extremely nervous.

 • • •

We walked into the facility as I slightly laughed at Zack's facial expression.

"What...How?!" Zack exclaimed, barely able to string a sentence together.

"You live here?! At a shield facility... with the avengers!" Zack shouted sounding like an excited kid on Christmas morning.

"Wait, who's your dad?" Zack questioned, starting to slowly put the pieces together.

"Um, that's the thing... I was adopted by Bucky Barnes..." I trailed off nervously rubbing the back of my neck.

"THE WINTER SOLDIER!"

"Umm, yeah... but he doesn't like to be called that as it reminds him too much of his past..."

"wait how the hell did Bucky Barnes adopt you... I mean like ex assassins don't normally adopt children... I think," Zack pondered causing me to chuckle at his thoughts.

"I'll explain soon... Promise," I replied quietly causing Zack to chuckle at my shyness.

"Okay Blue."

 • • •

We stepped out of the elevator on to find the main floor, which is completely empty apart from Bucky sat on the sofa.

"Wolfie! I think we need to tal..." Bucky began to spoke as he heard my footsteps but stopped after realizing a stranger was with me.

"Oh, who's this? I didn't know you were bringing someone over," Bucky stated, slightly more sternly than before, probably annoyed I didn't consult him first.

"Cadet Zechariah Miller. It's a pleasure to meet you, Sergeant Barnes." Zack introduced himself in a very formal tone.

"Please, it's Bucky," Bucky replied slightly unsure of who this Miller was and what his intentions are.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Zechariah... Wolfie, we need to talk now." Bucky directed towards me in an annoyed and stern tone, causing me to scoff in my head.

"Actually... no, we don't. Me and Zack will be in my room." I replied quickly grabbing Zack's hand and dragging him to the elevator, leaving Bucky speechless at my disobedience. 

Once the lift doors closed I let out a sigh of relief as Zack let out a howling laugh.

"Wolfie has sas!" He laughed out, snapping his fingers dramatically causing me to let out a chuckle.

Once we made it to my bedroom I put down my bag and got comfortable on the bed. I was shortly joined by Zack who sat facing me with a slightly more serious expression in his face.

"Right. Spill." Zack simply stated.

"Okay... where do you want to start?"

And so I spent just over two hours talking about the whole of my past, how I got adopted and why I didn't want to read in class. There were a few tears shed by both Zack and I. Zack never judged but listened to every word I had to say. In a weird way, it was almost therapeutic. By the end, we were both laid down on my bed with Zack subconsciously playing with my hair in a reassurance way just like Bucky had done in the past.

"Thanks, Wolfie," Zack spoke after a couple of moments of silence, causing me to look at him with confusion etched on my face. "For telling me. I'm glad you feel that you can confide in me." Zack explained with a genuinely kind smile on his face, as he sat up and leaned down planting a kiss on my forehead causing me to blush.

• • •

After a couple of minutes of just chatting Zack told me he had to get home or his parents might get worried. We continued chatting on the way to the main room so Zack could grab his bag. As soon as I had finished showing Zack, I turned around to find Bucky with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

"I think me and you need to have a little chat huh mister," Bucky stated sternly, causing me to nod sheepishly. It was as if all my confidence had left with Zack.

We sat on the sofas of the main room. The facility was extremely quiet due to the rest of the team being on a mission. 

"I want to apologize for what happened this morning... I'm not ashamed of Steve and I, but I should have told you sooner," Bucky started, breaking the awkward and tense silence.

"It's okay..." I mumbled out, causing Bucy to nod in acknowledgment.

"I had a call from your English professor at Lunch. He told me that you were having some... difficulty in his lessons," He continued. "I don't know why you thought you couldn't tell me... but I guess we're equal now," Bucky chuckled out. " I will help you with your reading and roach said he will check in with you in a month and see if you need extra help from him or a specialist as well."

"Right well that was all I really needed to say. Anything you want to say?" He questioned as I merely replied with a nod. Here we go. This is my chance, just like Zack said.

"I... um... I'm um... I'm gay dad." I finally whispered out quickly. I continued to stare at my hands waiting for some sort of anger or something... I don't know what I thought would happen. I waited and waited but nothing. I slowly raised my head. My eyes came in contact with Bucky only to find he had a smile on his face.

All of a sudden he began to chuckle, causing me to look at his with confusion. 

"I know Wolfie." Bucky laughed. "I know."

"And it's completely fine and okay to be. However next time that this Zecheriah comes round I want the door open." He stated in a tone where I was unsure if he was being stern or sarcastic, yet it still caused me to blush slightly at the mention of his name.

"I know. I see you. The way you looked at him earlier. It was quite adorable actually. My little lup has a crush". Bucky continued to chuckle out, causing me to get even more embarrassed and hide my face in his side.

"Oh, and I hope you know your behavior early is not acceptable. I will let it slide as you were probably just angry at the whole Steve thing. But! If you ever speak like that to anyone ever again, just know I won't be hesitant to pull you over my knee." He finished with a slight chuckle.

A/N

whoop whoop

another chapter!

Also just want to thank @RJCakes101 for an idea fr an upcoming chapter... I'm always open for suggestions or I might end up running out of motivation to write this book :(

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

282K 8K 62
After experiencing the heartbreak of a lifetime, Tippah Jones decides to leave Lyon, and move to Arsenal, in the January transfer window of 2022. The...
2.5K 73 46
Keir Winchester is back... where he's been, well, let's just say he's not the same kid who died. Keir changed. There's no doubt in that as his acti...
233K 5.8K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
665K 33.1K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...