Life of lies

By benabbie

Love...... The word tasted weird on my tongue Love makes a person stupid. Believe me when I say Love is blind... More

prolog/ Cast
Chapter 1 - Beginning
Chapter 2 - Concealed.
Chapter 3 - Mystery Boyfriend
Chapter 4 - Spa Day!
Chapter 5 - Marriage Proposal/ Gala
Chapter 6 - Make Amends
Chapter 7 - Pretence
Chapter 8 - The proposal
Chapter 9 - Secrets
Chapter 10 - Elma's Baby shower
Chapter 12 - Graduation!
Chapter 13 - The wedding
Chapter 14 - After
Chapter 15 -Filler
Chapter 16- Flashback
Chapter 17 - Elisa
Chapter 18 - Mother/daughter day out
Chapter 19 - Unraveling
Chapter 20 - Who is Elisa?
Chapter 21 - Trouble in paradise
Chapter 22 - Ignited Love
Chapter 23 - Busy
Chapter 24 - Someone He Loved
Chapter 25 - His girl
Chapter 26 - Broken trustšŸ’”
Chapter 27 - Aria
Chapter 28 - The StormāŒ›āš”
Chapter 29 - Dealing with the Devils
Chapter 30 - The loner
Chapter 31 - The Doom
Chapter 32 - The New Chapter
Chapter 33 - Surprise, Surprise
Chapter 34 - An Affair
Chapter 35 - Bad Guy
Chapter 36 - Twisted
Chapter 37 - Fall
Chapter 38 - Sweetener
Chapter 39 - Rugged
Chapter 40 - Daddy Issues
Chapter 41- Into you
Chapter 42 - If We Have each other
Chapter 43 - In my head
Chapter 44 - Escape
Chapter 45 - Captured
Chapter 46 - The Bait
Chapter 47 - The Culprit
Chapter 48 - Someone To You
Chapter 49 - Wildflower šŸŒ¹
Chapter 50 - Timeless LoveāŒ›ā¤
Author's Note

Chapter 11 - New family member

137 4 0
By benabbie

A month later

"That old witch called Helena thinks she can control me. Ugh! I hate her!" Layla growled, ploping on the sofa. She was talking about her dare I say it evil step mom. "She wants me to stop seeing Korey. How did she find out? I dunno" she crossed her arm like a child.

"What did she say?" Riley asked.

"She said and I quote 'It would be an embarrassment if people were to find out you're screwing a black guy who works at a Spa. Think about your father's reputation at least'. she's such a hypocrite, a racist and to top it all she's the devil's incarnate. The worst part is that my dad is siding her. I wonder what spell she's using to control him!"

Yeah, I forgot. Layla and Korey have been seeing each other for quite some time now. I would say its her longest relationship for the record and I'm happy for her.

"The only thing that matters is that we're in love and happy right?"

"They'll learn to accept him, just give them sometime" I assured.

"I don't care if that British witch accepts him or not. All I care about is my dad's approval!" She practically yelled at me, causing me to flinch a little.

After a pause, she sighed. "I...I'm sorry for yelling, it's just...I'm so--"

"I understand. I promise you everything will be fine"

"I hope so.." she trailed off.

"So about this Korey guy...tell me you're serious about him?" Everly asked.

"I Seriously am! I...I think I'm beginning to fall in love" she mumbled shyly.

Layla? Shy?
Impossible

"Hmmmm...is that so?" Riley gave her a look, causing us all to giggle.

"Stop that. I really like him" she blushed.

"So is it official yet?" Nora asked.

A smile formed slowly on Layla’s face. "Yes. He asked me out last week" she squealed

"What?! And you didn't tell us? You didn't tell me?" Riley scowled.

"Sorry, just that my past relationships or should I say flings never worked out. So I decided to keep this one on the low and see how far it'll go"

I nodded, agreeing with her. After talking about Layla's new achievement, all eyes shifted to Everly.
She noticed and raised her brows "what?.....why the sudden stares"

"When are.." I started.
"You getting..." Riley continued.
"Yourself" Nora added.
"A boyfriend" Layla chirped.

Everly looked totally stunned. "You guys are crazy" she chuckled, now paying attention to the News showing on TV, like its the most interesting thing in the world.
Like she ever watched News. I rolled my eyes.

"Eve we all know you aren't interested in that lame news" Riley got up and switched off the TV

"What was that for? I was...I was watching..." She whined.

"Yeah, you were trying to avoid our question" I crossed my arms.

"What question?" She feigned innocence.
I rolled my eyes again

"When will you get a boyfriend?" I repeated.

She sighed and I knew it was a sigh of defeat. "I don't know...y'all know I've got my heart broken before and I promised I won't never let it happen again"
The whole house went silent.
I remember when she told us abous her first relationship. She was 16, when she fell in love with a guy, back then in high school. She loved him so much. We weren't as close as we are now at that time. The day she finally gave up on love was the day she found Trey, her ex boyfriend, having fun with another girl, on her  birthday party, in her own house and on her own bed! That's so heartbreaking and disgusting.

"Not every guy would hurt you like that, you just have to let go and let the right guy in. You give the best relationship advice Eve, I'm sure you'll do just perfect in a relationship" I gave her an assuring squeeze on her hands

"Aria is right. You can't keep punishing yourself all because of that imbecile and his slut. You need to be happy. You deserve it." Riley added.

"Probably while you're still busy blaming yourself, the idiot is it there enjoying his life. You have to be happy. You need to happy. You have all a man will need in a woman" Layla said.

She looked up at us and smiled, a smile which didn't reach her eyes. "I guess y'all are right. I deserve to be happy. I'm done hating myself for falling in love with that harebrained Trey. Its all over now. For good."

"Yay!" We squealed like little kids.

"Now that's the Everly I know" I smirked.

"But" she added and we all went silent. "Coaches don't play"

"Eva..that's not what I expected to hear" Layla whined.

"Me too" I agree
But looks like she has already made up her mind.

*                         *                                        *

I was having a nap, when my phone went off. I lazily snatch it from the beside table, it's my brother Lawson.

"Hello bruv" I smiled.

"Aria" he sounds like a happy toddler who just received his first video game.

"Yeah? Are you okay?"

"I'm more than okay! Elma just gave birth. I'm a father now"
Oh my God!! He really just received his first gift, and its a baby!!

"Are you for real?? Am an aunt now? Oh God? Where's she? where are you guys?" I gush out

"We're at the hospital. I'll text you the address" he replies.
"Okay" I get up and quickly get dressed.
I make my way to the hospital not bothering to wake Nora up, since she must be fast asleep and I really don't have the time to wait for her.

By the time I arrived, the whole family is already there.
"Where's she?" I asked my mum.

"Aria" she beams. "They're in there" she points to a door. "Lawson hasn't left her side since she gifted him our little bundle of joy, My first grandchild is a boy" she begins to tear up. Its a boy! My nephew.
Without another word I rush into the room.
"Elma" I squealed once I opened the door.
"Shh...she asleep" Lawson replies, the tiny wrapped baby in his arms as he coos him softly. Elma is laying on the bed, looking like an angel, with her pale skin, her red hair is a little bit messy.
What a caring dad Lawson is. Taking care of the baby while the mother is asleep.
"May I?" I stretch out my arms to hold the little baby.

"He's such a cute little sweetheart." I smile at my nephew. Lawson looks at him so lovingly

"Ari" I look up to find Elma smiling weakly at me

"Elma! I'm so happy for you"

"Can I hold him" she opens her arms

"Sure..here. He's your baby after all" I hand the baby over to the mother.
"He's so cute-" she's cute off by the soft creaking of the door.
"Can I see my grandson now?" I recognize the lady to be Elma's mum Alana.
"Mother" she squeals" Elma looks an awful lot like her mother. Her pale skin resembles that of her mum, only that Alana is a little lighter and has a reddish brown hair, different from that of Elma which is red.

She takes the baby from Elma and gently coo's him.
"He's such a beautiful baby" she smiles at her grandson.

*                               *                               *

The rest of the week was filled with joy. I informed the girls about Elma and Lawson's baby and they were all excited to meet him.
  My family and that of Alex had already fixed a date for our wedding, which is a month after my graduation. The Steins are making sure things happen as quickly as possible. Not that I'm complaining.

My graduation ceremony is in few a weeks and I couldn't be happier.

The girls agreed to meet at my place, so we can go see Elma and her baby.
Ten minutes later, they arrived and all   head to Lawson's. Avery came with us,  since she was less busy in school today. She attends NYU and she's in her first year.

"I can't wait to hold baby Marcus again" Avery smiled. "Can't believe I'm an aunt already."

"I know right? How time flies" I replied, caressing her hair. I wasn't driving today, the Steins gave decided to give me Queen's treatment, so they hired a driver. He drove, while we sat at the back.

"Whenever I see you both, I really wish I had a little sister" Layla smiled dreamily, causing us to chuckle.

"Why? What about Helena's daughter huh?"  Riley smirked, wiggling her brows.

"Hell no! That little witch is as evil as her mum!" Layla yelled. We all burst into laughter.  That's right, Layla's told us tales of how her nine-year old stepsister tried to hurt her.

"Don't call the poor girl that" I teased.

"Poor girl? Never in a million years. Don't get me started on how she put ten spoons of salt in my coffee and made me drink it without knowing, how she poured olive oil on the staircase, so I could fall and fracture a bone or a couple of bones. She's a witch"

"Well I think she's cute" I grinned, just to annoy her.

Annoying my friends is my hobby.

"She's not cu--" Looks like she realized what I was doing. "You arsehole!" she said through gritted teeth, causing everyone to laugh.

We finally arrived at Lawson's, Elma was with little baby Marcus in her arms, with stuffed toys around the bed.

"Aww he's so cute" Avery ran towards them to hold him, while we followed behind her.

"What a cute little baby boy" Everly exclaimed, caressing his puffy cheeks.

"Oh my God. He has such beautiful eyes." Riley and Layla said in unison.

"My baby. Let me hold him" I stretched forth my arms to carry him from Avery.

We spent the rest of the day with Elma, Lawson and the newest member of the family, Marcus.
Elma told us how painful it was bringing him to the world and how Lawson never left her side during delivery. Lawson also added how she kept on yelling at him when all he was doing was to pacify her. We all laughed.

The day was stress free and fun.
I wish everyday goes like this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.8K 1.7K 27
|| Wattpad Featured || The Amby Awards Romance Winner ā¤ļø The perfect man just proposed and what was my answer? NO. Why? I'm too scared to get my hea...
314K 9.5K 45
"Good morning love, did you sleep well?" he breathes, in a hoarse voice placing a kiss on my lips. "Good morning. And yes I had a lovely sleep. Just...
396 35 7
+ ROMANCƉ ++HUMOR & MYSTERY +++BEING A WHOLE NEW PERSON Prononciation : Way-nah One runs, the other chases - one hides, the other finds -one denies...
73K 2.5K 35
I met a girl six years back. She was everything I thought I never wanted. But how incredibly wrong was I? But one day she left. Just like that. For a...