Fallen

Por fatimah_ABM

Sacrificial love was what seemed to be the only choice for Basmah, for her cousin with nothing but the family... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16. Leap In Time
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 35.
chapter 36.
chapter 37
chapter 38
Epilogue.

chapter 34

887 117 15
Por fatimah_ABM

basmah

i was done with lunch immediately before zuhr and as the adhan was being called i walked into the shower to rinse away the lingering smell of indian spices.
Mahra and her mother are on thier way already, Ya Adnan is at work and he has being looking for a place to move out to which my mom is against but he doesnt seem to budge.
And ya Juhaifa on the other hand_ well we've been avoiding each other since that day and i havent had a serious talk with Hauwa yet. Moms at work obviously so i am home all by myself. As usual.

___________________

"Salam alaikum!" Mahra shouted as she was walking in, she looked ridiculously different from the last time i saw her, her skin being unnaturally white but i didnt say a word.

"Wa alaikum salam welcome!" i pulled her in for a hug and we moved away from the door.

Her mother walked in with a very vibrant smile "How are you my dear" she greeted

i let go of Mahra and answered "I am fine Alhamdulillah mommy youre all welcome, hope your journey was nice" i cajoled

"Alhamdulillah it was good, sha we managed you know how the roads are now" she said with an eye roll

They made themselves comfortable in the living room while i took thier luggage up the stairs before coming back and getting refreshments.

"oh thank you dear" she beamed me a smile and asked while i poured her a drink "when will your mother be back?"

"she said she'll be home early today so anytime from now" i answered with a smile and she acknowledged with nod then took a seat beside Mahra switching through the channels and coming up with a discussion for us

Saturday

Jamal came to take me to see his family, my potential inlaws "I dont mean this in a bad way but what is your father like" i asked him as we got off the highway, i couldnt help my anxiousness as i kept fiddling with the stoned hems of my lilac veil.

He replied after a shrug "Hes strict, and very straightforward, well he asked me whether i had a girl or he should get me one and i answered i have you, i dont know why he wants to see you though" he answered with his eyes focused on the road

Jamal didnt tell me this earlier he only told me about his father wanting to retire and him having to take over. "ohkay.. but do you have an idea on who the other girl is?" i had to ask.

He tilted his head towards me and rolled his eyes but still held a smile "no i dont, and i dont want to" he reassured and i calmed down a bit.

We reached his home and to my surprise we've always passed this house when Arfa was here, we always gushed about how beautiful it is but we never knew who lived here. He honked and the gates were opened revealing a breath taking scenery, i already feel out of place, i mean i knew Jamal and his parents were comfortable but never thought it was to this extent. This place is well kept.
we got out of the car with Jamal adjusting his grey kaftan and zanna bukar looking dashing as ever. I wrapped my veil properly over my ankara skirt and blouse took my Aldo bag before towing behind him to the houses entrance__grand entrance.
My head was hung low as the door was opened revealing a Maid. she smiled and welcomed us in and i have never been this nerve wracked in my whole life. i could feel the sweat beads forming

"follow me" Jamal said, as if i have anything else to do.

We took our shoes off at a door and when he opened it appeared to be a living room which i suspect its his mothers, seeing the touches of femininity here and there and mesmerizing scent of bukhoor. the whole floor was covered in the navy blue carpet giving the place a warmer touch

"Babe make yourself comfortable, ill be right back okay?" i nodded ignoring the name he used. The least i could have done was drag one of my freinds here for my comfort, Now i wish for the ground to swallow me.

I concentrated on my phone after the maid from ealier brought me a shit load of refreshments that got me wondering if i am its sole consumer, i love food but im at my inlaws...

"Hi there" i heard a female voice which i didnt hear her come in. i raised my head to come face to face with a female older version of Jamal, she took a seat on one of the sofas while i was staring awestruck at the resemblance. 
"Good afternoon Mama" i greeted after  keeping my phone face down.

"Afternoon dear, hope youre doing good, hows home" She asked in a very gentle way.

"Alhamdulillah Mama all fine" at the corners of my eyes i saw Jamal coming in holding a huge grin.

She gave me a nod and relaxed back into the couch "Basmah dear loosen up"  Jamals mother spoke noticing how tense i am, who wouldn't be. I tried to do as i was told and we drifted into a conversation of the most basic before we became serious again.

"Are you done with school?" She asked while Jamal sat quietly listening to us. Time to time throwing a grin my way which i pretend to not see.

"Yes i am, studied Geology" I answered adjusting my sitting position

"oh masha Allah thats nice. Jamal go check i think your father should be back" She ordered her son. his mother apparently isnt a woman with much words but her presence was comforting

My heartbeat accelerated remembering why im here, he nodded before getting up to  answer to his mothers request after giving me a reassuring smile.

"He never talked to me about a girl before, talkless of bringing her home, you're beautiful Masha Allah " She spoke immediately Jamal walked out, raising her perfect brows and holding a smug expression. This woman doesnt even look a day over 30 and shes calling me beautiful sheesh. i looked down trying to finds the right words to use and on cue Jamal came back in.

"Hes back and we should get going" He seemed relaxed about the whole situation while i on the other hand is trying to contain a panic attack_not that i get any but still. His mother gave us a nod before waving us away

i kept a reasonable distance between me and Jamal as i followed wherever he went. we stopped at a door, he knocked and sallamed and we sauntered in, the tiles cold due to the AC contrasting the thrashing sun outside. Jamal doesnt look anything like his father except thier build very tall and buff.  His attention was on the flat screen before noticing and rearing his head here. i looked down avoiding any kind of contact and me found a comfortable spot on the plush carpet to seat while Jamal took a seat too on the carpet but far away from me.

"Good evening Baba" i greeted my voice barely audible

"Evening how are you my child" Good sign?

"Fine Alhamdulillah Baba i hope work is well" his reply gave me a tiny whiff of confidence. but my head was still down. i didnt look enough to actually see his face only from the corners of my eyes.

______________

"Are you done with school" He asked his next question after answering a call that he had been on for almost 10minutes

"Yes i finished this year and i have applied for my NYSC" i gave a stern reply

"Uhm ohkay then, do you have anywhere youd want to be posted?"

"id like portharcourt but only Allah knows"

"Good. All the best then, i believe Jamal told you why you're here did he, ill be retiring and Jamal will take my place, its a lot of work and as you can see he is very young for that position. I'd prefer him having a level headed wife, who knows what she is doing and is not after money only, i wanted him marrying the daughter of my manager but he said he has you. i pray you can do the job. The whole company will be at stake if to say he gets distracted with unnecessary things" this has some depths to it.

i remained quiet not knowing how to answer. The silence becoming awkward so Jamal came to my rescue.

"Baba i think she has an idea how to keep me  level headed and she graduated geology so she does know a thing or two_alot actually about the earth in general, not just the skies"

i looked up for a nano second to see his father nod as the confusion in me grew.

"So when will the kai gasuwa be" What?

"uh Baba i dont think i am, or we are ready for that just yet. i mean she might be posted anywhere and ill need time to get accustomed to the kind of work you do too, im good with flying planes only not managing a whole organisation" Jamal coming to the rescue again

"Well then, but the introduction should happen so the families will be accustomed and when you decide you are ready things will be easier" his father reasoned again. i dont think i have ever imagined myself as mrs Jamal.

"In sha Allah Baba"

_________________

My mood deplated significantly, as a result i became real quiet

"You seem distant" Jamal voiced as he was dropping me back home after Maghrib. after seeing his father we went back to his mother where i was showered with love and a couple of perfumes as gifts for myself and my mother.

"You know what your father meant or is it just me looking too deep into it?"

"What do you mean?" he asked the confusion evident

"I mean, after the money? unecessary distractions? kids right? thats basically what he means" i said dropping my voice at the end

Jamal looked dumbfounded "look Babe kids are not unnecessary distractions, i mean of course the old man wants some grandkids, im his only son, he just means we shouldn't be in a rush for it and takes things slow. About the money am sure he didnt meant it that way" he tried clarifying things up

"but but he was the one already asking about introduction. we have almost a year before we settle and get it together before even thinking of starting a family" i still protested

"Babe introduction gotta happen i agree with him on this, i wouldnt risk loosing you,again" he said rather firmly signalling the end of the conversation

I whipped my head and eyed him since he's focused on driving and wont see me "well fine. But i dont even know how many kids you want, boys or girls" i for sure know i want like 5 kids, what if he thinks its too much?

he chuckled "Easy babe, okay approximate, your service, me finally getting on my feet, a year right? so in a year and a half you will be mine. in sha Allah, and theres no room for second thoughts. We good?" his voice dropping towards the end of the sentence. I
gulped and looked away not caring to answer him immediately but still did afterwards.

"well we will let the elders decide that"

_______________

walking into the house I met Mom, Mahra and Momy seated on the carpet while munching on some chopped fruits, this putting me in a slightly better mood already. I sallamed my way towards them and was answered

"welcome dear, how were they?" my Mom asked. i beamed her a smile shaking the bag of perfumes in front of her.

"She sent you perfumes Ina wuni momy, heyy Mahra" i greeted them all and fell into the sofa while discarding my veil and loosening my headtie. Mahra and her mother are here in kaduna to see a designer for Mahras wedding. The wedding is in 7 months and i tell you its going to be a grand affair, they are getting 3 dresses from this one designer and much to my dismay me and Mahra havent had an alone time since they came cause they kept going to places and visiting old freinds, i guess we will squeeze in tonight, ive been dying to know who this husband of hers is anways seeing how much she gushes about him at any chance she gets. Her mother is fond of him too.

"Aww Masha Allah, Jamals mother is really a darling" Mom said going through the 3 glass vessels of bukhoor and a versace perfume. which i let her know that its mine and had to beg to get it back. urgh

"Jamal?" Mahra said in a questioning tone looking straight at me, her expression amused.

"i wiggled my eyebrows indicating a yes biting my lower lip" She didnt ask anything else but sure held a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Is ya Juhaifa around?" i asked no one in particular

"yes dear he was looking for you earlier" My mother answered and i nodded getting up to go find the guy.

On my way there my phone vibrated and Taheers name appeared i answered wasting no time "damn, its been a minute, Hey fake bestie" i answered

"aint you the fake one? i mean you couldn't even check on me since Jamal came back ba? its chill, no worries" Drama king

"stop being dramatic nigga, i was kinda busy through out the last two weeks" i was busy, with my emotions and mood swings

"Not like i care anyways"

"of course if not why would you call" we continued bickering as i rounded the stairs to Ya Juhaifas room.

I ended the call and gave his door 3 knocks "come in" i heard his tired voice and i did as i was told

"Heyy brother" i squeeked poking my head first, awkwardness in the air.

"Heyy sister" he answered in the same tone. He adjusted himself on the headboard with his hand behind his head and his phone in his right hand.

"how are you" i asked taking a seat on the chair to the computer table. i knocked down a controller and he glared at me and i sent him an apologetic smile.

"Am fine Alhamdulillah not dead yet" he deadpaned

"And hauwa?" I havent been in touch with her since that day cause i basically did not know what to say.

"shes good Alhamdulillah. and apparently she didnt tell you did she?" he scrubbed his barely there beard

"Tell me what?" i laid back wondering

"Well we got back together" To_not my utmost surprise

"Oh really we havent talked since last week so i didnt know, good for you bro" i showed him a thumbs up. Happy for them atleast

"Heard you went to see Jamals family" He asked, yayy my yaya is back..

"Yupp" i popped  the p "it went well, well i guess?"

"Are you sure, you seem skeptical" he raised a brow

"I am sure, its nothing we cant get around, no biggy" i reassured "anyways i came up to check on you anyways and youre fine so see ya" i said getting up. Well sibling never really appologize to each other you see. we just start talking again. I havent told mom that Jamals thinking of kawo gaisuwa. Tomorrow in sha Allah.

"Get me food please" Of course, who am i kidding. i nodded and went to do as asked

_____________

at 11:20pm we called it a night. We stayed up watching a movie me, all of us except the men. On a normal day it would have been only me and ya Juhaifa staying up this late cause Mom sleeps by 10 and ya Adnan is just too big bro of a brother.

"Basmah asin Jamal Jamal or another Jamal?" Mahra asked as she slid her legs into the blanket while i was doing my night routine of facials in front of the mirror and expecting that question.

"Hmm the Jamal you know, Asin Arfas crush, Asin Jamal from High school" i answered, my expression unbothered

She rested her head on her hand, her elbow wedging her and eyes following all my movements "But howw? does Arfa know?"

"Well according to him he fancied me since we were in school, and Arfa was sort of, i dont know forced on him?" I gestured to show the emphasis of my words "And no Arfa doesnt know, yet, i mean we grew apart since she left so it aint like we keep tabs anymore, talkless of keeping tabs of who we are involved with" i answered honeslty with  a shrug

"I know its a long time ago but its like you're breaking a girl code here, exes of freinds are off limits, remember?"

"i know i know but i dont think its a big deal honestly, i mean it was secondary school for God's sake, Arfa wont mind, and sure as hell wont miss the wedding will she. its not like am hiding it from her, she just hasnt found out yet"

"You guys are really serious arent you" she gave in finally. i nodded while peeling off the mask before going to wash my face.

"Well may Allah make it the best for the two of you" she prayed and turned to face the opposite of me as she pulled out her phone

I said walking out the toilet "Ameen, it aint happening soon anyways but Ameen and thank you. NOWW back to you, whose the lucky guy" i walked to her side of the bed and sat on the rug so my face can be levelled to her head. She squeezed her lips in an attempt to stop the smile from spreading all the way to her ears and believe me it didnt work.

"Uh hes someone, that i love" she said and clutched her phone to her chest as if it was him, she looked happy and i was happy for her.

"welll does he have a name?"

"Hamza yes" My heart dropped

"do you have a picture?" i asked immediately. This cant be happening

she gave me a questioning look and nodded, scrolled through her phone and held the screen to my face. phew! Alhamdulillah. that  was terrifying, well alot of people are named Hamza

"sorry i thought it was someone else" i giggled

"Your husbands name is Jamal my dear remember?" she teased and i rolled my eyes to that

"nevermind" i asnswered and got back to my side of the bed and switched off the lights.

"Hes the son of the current minister of finance and ironically very very humble" she answered and smiled the light from her screen in which his picture was still on display illuminated her face.

"Woah Masha Allah, zuria dayyiba in sha Allah" i answered and my mind immediately went to Jamal. i whipped my phone out and replied his texts as a familiar feeling settled in the pit of my stomach, i dont feel like talking on the phone today and of course i have a guest. since she came we havent talked during the night with Jamal which i terribly miss but nevertheless, i enjoyed the texting too. Really feels good to be in love, and have someone actually planning his future with you, not just you being a part of it but actually half of it. Trust me i dont feel bad taking up that much.

Alhamdulillah

HI ❤
HELLO ❤
BYE❤

vote! comment! share!

Fateemmarh_ab🍀

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

122K 6.8K 52
Yes, it was stupid of me to accept his hand in marriage. And yes, he still loves her so so much and maybe he always will. Will I ever be enough for...
1.9M 105K 176
Baad mein jo hoga dekha jayega Abhi ishq mein hain kuch din yahi rehte hain -Amandeep Lots of different stories that will take you to another world...
122K 11.4K 40
Destined for each other yet unsure of each other's motives, Sultana is arranged to get married to save her father's business and reputation. They wer...
192K 11.8K 42
'Every boy is a player, Until... He meets his true one' ... "Come on Inaya! You just have to pretend" he whines trying his best to convince the girl...