The Retired Queenpin

By GoddessofJustice

Aaliyah Daniels is a former Drug Lord, assassin, and wife. She lives a secluded life with her two children Ki... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 (3rd person POV)
Chapter 2 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 3 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 4 (3rd person POV)
Chapter 5 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 6 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 7 (Omniscent POV)
Chapter 8 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 9 (Omniscent POV)
Chapter 10 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 11 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 12 (Damiens POV)
Chapter 13 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 14 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 15 (Damien POV)
Chapter 16 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 17 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 18 (Omniscent POV)
Chapter 19 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 20 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 21 (Damiens POV)
Chapter 22 (Unknown POV)
Chapter 23 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 24 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 25 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 26 (Aaliyah's POV)
Authors Note
Chapter 27 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 28 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 29 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 30 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 31 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 32 (Damien's POV)
A/N
Chapter 33 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 34 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 35 (Omniscient POV)
A/N
Chapter 36 (Niko's POV)
Chapter 37 (Damien's POV)
New Book (SNEAK PEAK)
Chapter 39 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 40 (Niko's Letter to Aaliyah)
A/N (updated 2.27.2020)
Chapter 41 (Aaliyah's POV)
Chapter 42 (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 43 (Omniscient POV)
A/N
Chapter 44 (Damien's POV)
Chapter 45: Omniscient POV
Chapter 46: Omniscient POV
A/N
Chapter 47: Damien's POV
Chapter 48 (Aaliyah's POV)
A/N
Chapter 49: (Damien's POV)
Chapter 50: (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 51: (Omniscient POV)
Chapter 52: Omniscient POV
A/N:
Chapter 53: Epilogue:
New Story!

Chapter 38 (Aaliyah's POV)

2.4K 134 5
By GoddessofJustice

Authors Note: So, I've been working on this next chapter since I last updated. When I tell yall I've written and re-written but I just could not get it together. Let's just say that my mind is riddled with ideas for a new book and I don't wanna start a new book without finishing this one first. I mean it took me like 2 to 3 years to finish My Caramel Beauty and that book still needs some serious editing and I just want every chapter and book that I write to be better than the last because the end goal is to have at least one of my books made into a movie. Preferably this one because this one is my favorite. Anyways, this is kind of a bullshit chapter until I get my shit together and start writing the material I really truly want to publish. Moving on!!!!

Chapter 38: Aaliyah's POV 

Damien had been intensely quiet since the party and well it made me uneasy. I watched as he slowly went through the files on his desk for the client we were meeting tomorrow morning. He kept glancing at me out of the corner of his eyes. I truly believe what happened with his mother tonight bothered him.  

"Micio, you keep staring. Is there something on your mind?" He sighed as he sat back in his chair giving me his undivided attention. 

"Is there something on yours?" I asked. 

"Yes but I asked you first." 

"Well, you've been quiet since we got home and well, I want to know what's on your mind. I know things went completely left with your mother and I'm positive you aren't okay with you mother hating the woman you love." 

"What exactly happened between you and my father? I mean i've heard his version but I havent heard yours." 

"Charles and I never had a "romantic" relationship. I mean we flirted, we spent a lot of time together because of business. Your father and I fell in love at a time when I was broken and he was broken. But nothing ever transpired other than him giving me head that one time. Which was after the divorce of your parents. I think Charles liked that I listened, that I was mature, and I was naive. I think I fell in love with him because he was there; he was my shoulder to cry on, he made me laugh, he helped me grow my business by becoming an ally, he made me secure inn myself again. Regardless, I never considered anything other than a friendship with charles until he told me the divorce was finalized. Sex would've only complicated things so that was never an option either plus I was on a strike of abstinence at that point in time. I would never sleep with a married man unless I was unaware that he was married. I'm not that kind of woman, I never have been. I know that pain, that feeling of insecurity, when you ask yourself why you weren't good enough, what did you do so wrong that they'd hurt you that way, betray you in that way. Then you lose yourself and you become this shell of the person you used to be. and what makes the pain worse is you don't know how to get back to you."  

I wasn't really sure if damien believed me or not but I had no reason to lie. 

'I believe you , Micio. i just wanted to hear your side because you never talk about it." 

"I don't have a reason to talk about a nox existent romantic relationship that I never had with your father.  And I wouldn't lie. Your mother needs to get a grip and come to terms with the fact that I didn't destroy her marriage. Charles is just trash who wants whomever, whenever, however. I don't hate your mother and I don't blame her. But i'm not the one she should be hating." I sighed as I stood and made my way out of his office. 

I walked upstairs to the twins room and peeked in on them. They were fast asleep. It was amazing how much they looked like myself and their father. It was rare children came out looking like both parents in my opinion but my munsters looked exactly like whomever they were standing next to at the moment. I hoped the baby growing inside me would look like damien though. Damien is beautiful, his features perfect. 

I closed their door and made my way back downstairs to Damien and I's bedroom. I didn't see him but I felt his presence. I stripped out of my dress and went into the bathroom.  Damien sat on the toilet, the bathtub was filled with water and bubbles. 

"If I made you upset, I'm sorry. That wasn't my intentions. I never doubted you, I just wanted to hear your side." 

"I would never lie about such a subject but your mother doesn't know me enough to assume the type of woman I am. Regardless, please just have a conversation with her. I want our children to have a relationship with their grandmother. I want to be able to say that their grandmother loves them. But as long as your mother hates me I will never subject them to her presence." 

"I understand. Come lets relax." he motioned towards the tub. I stepped in as Damien undressed and stepped in too. He was such a beautiful man; strong build, sharp jaw, tattoos, he was perfect.

"Are you going to stare at me the entire time?" He smirked 

"Maybe." I smiled. 

"Well do you like what you see???" He wiggled his eyebrows. 

"I love what I see." I laughed at his silliness. 

"Come." he motioned for me to sit between his legs. I definitely obliged. I rested my head on his shoulder.    "I Can't wait for you to officially be Mrs. Damien Arden." His hand caressed my small baby bump. 

"Me either. Have you thought about baby names yet??" 

"A few. Aria for a girl and Sias for a boy." 

"I like Aria but I also like Giselle or Arabella." 

"Two bellas???" 

"Well, I call Isabella, Isa, and Kitai calls her Bells, so, I don't think that would be an issue." I shrugged. 

"I like Giselle. Aria Giselle Arden." 

"That's Beautiful." 

"Any Boy names that you like?"

"I like alot of boy names. Luca, Sebastian, Carter, Exra, Elias, Roman, Graham, Killian, Tobais, and Grey." 

"Micio, Which one do you like most?" He chuckled. 

"Elias." 

"Why?"

"It's different." 

"What if we have another set of twins?"

"Twins?! Oh Hell No!"

"Too much??" He laughed. 

"Yeah, way too much." 

My body was beginning to relax when I heard yelling. Damien immediately tapped my thigh signalling for me to move. I got out as well though. I grabbed my black silk robe off the rack and slipped it on. Then made my way to the nightstand grabbing my Bretta out of its case. 

"Micio, Stay." Damien demanded as he headed out of the room with a pair of balling shorts on and his gun in hand. 

"You know not to ask that of me." 

As we krept down the hallway the yelling got louder. 

"HE'S MY BROTHER! YOU'RE JUST AN EMPLOYEE!!!! NOW, MOVE!!!!" 

I recognised the voice was Christians. And he was yelling at Giovanni. I sighed as I lowered my gun and Damien did the same. 

"He's really starting to work  a nerve." Damien growled as he quickened his pace. 

We walked into the living room and Giovanni was giving Christian the meanest glare I'd ever seen grace his pretty little face. 

"That's enough, Christian." Damien pulled his brother away from a fuming Gio. 

"Come, Gio. Lets go grab a drink." I grabbed Gio's hand and led him into the kitchen.    "Are you okay?" I asked as I handed him a glass of whiskey. 

"Yeah." He lied. 

I could tell he was lying because his leg was shaking in anticipation. 

"You're lying. You don't have to lie to me, Gio."

"Christian has always been a pain in the ass." 

"So, neither you or Damien deal with him?" 

"Nope." 

"Well, I can see where Christians grief comes in at."

"Grief?' 

"Yes, You and Damien are best friends, right? Well, Brothers are supposed to be best friends and well Damien no long deals with him nor confides in him like he used to. Instead he turns to you. Christian is probably jealous and misses his brother." 

"If Christian wasn't so obsessed with competing with his brother then they would probably still be inseparable." 

"I see. So, how did you and Damien meet??" 

"High School. We all used to be close but once I found out Christian and Claire were messing around I  stopped talking to him." Gio shrugged as he chugged his glass whiskey. 

"You're a good friend. Amazing actually. Thank you for being the friend Damien needs."

"Someone has to look after the asshole" he chuckled. 

"Go to bed. I'll see you in the morning." I turned to walk away. 

"Hey, Aaliyah." 

"Yes." i turned back to look at him. 

"Thank you." 

"For what?" 

"For taking care of him, for giving him a family that values him as much as he values them, and including me in that family." 

"No thanks needed, Gio. Goodnight."  I smiled and made my way to the bedroom. 

I walked into the room and Damien was sitting on the edge of the bed with his hands in his hair. 

"What's wrong?" 

"He's fucking drunk." He sighed. 

"Did you talk to him?" 

"He Passed out before I could. I'll talk to him in the morning." 

"Okay. Well lets go to bed." 

Damien laid back and I curled up next to him. He was tense for about 30 minutes before he finally relaxed and fell asleep. 

Sadly, that didn't last long because about 3 hours later his sleep became riddled with nightmares. 

What those nightmares were about? I had no clue because he wouldn't talk to me. He'd been held up in his office for the past 2 hours. 

"Gio, I'm aggravated. He wont talk to me." I ran my hands through my hair. 

"Don't stress. When Damien has an episode, he shuts everyone out. He doesn't know how to deal with them. So, he locks himself away." Gio Shrugged. 

"It just hurts my feelings that he can't confide in me though. I mean I am going to be his wife." I sniffled. 

Damn Hormones. 

"Aw man. Please don't cry." 

"It's the hormones. Ignore them please." I sniffled more. 

This was going to be a long day. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 4K 52
Gianna She goes to Italy to meet her family and instead falls in love with an Italian man. When she gets her heart broken; she leaves. 4 years later...
5.5K 98 38
22 year old Aaliyah Jackson is trying to put her past behind her and focus on new beginnings. With college graduation around the corner, her ex stalk...
1.7K 29 15
"Could you be mine forever, this time?" Alessio says as he hold me and looks down at me and with love in his eyes "Yes my love" that day I knew that...
331 19 15
She only trusted 5 people in her life She feel in love with one She blames herself for the death of one She is willing to do anything to protect one ...