𝐀 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐓 | π˜›π˜¦π˜¦...

By skaikrurogers

in which Meilani McCall's werewolf problems only get worse after Derek becoming the new alpha of Beacon Hills... More

INTRO
1 | where in the world is lydia
2 | we need each other
3 | there's another wolf
4 | another day, another problem
5 | what the holy hell is that
6 | ninety-nine problems and three wolves are one
7 | everything is (not) fine
8 | houston, we have a problem
9 | operation: save lydia
10 | you're not gay
11 | killing people to death
12 | i'm the worst
13 | any other theories, sherlock?
14 | gotta catch them all
15 | everything is ruined
16 | it's my party and i'll go crazy if i want to
17 | the truth about matt
18 | i didn't ask for any of this
19 | time's up
book three + ASK MEILANI QUESTIONS!

20 | masterplan

3.6K 117 143
By skaikrurogers

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘

𝘮𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘯

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Meilani sat in the boy's locker room with Isaac and Scott on either side of her. She gripped Stiles' dropped lacrosse glove in her hand as she rocked back and forth, her leg bouncing in anxiousness. Her boyfriend was missing and she couldn't even sniff him out in the area. She couldn't save him just like she couldn't save anyone. She should have done more to stop Gerard and could have taken everything more seriously. If Meilani had done something, anything, better then her boyfriend would be safe right next to her. Now all she could do is worry about what Gerard was doing to him while she sat here useless.

Noah walked over to the three teens and they all instantly shot up off the bench they perched on together while the other boys hung out around the locker room, waiting to hear anything on Stiles. Most of the team were jerks, but they did still care about their teammates and if they were okay. It warmed Meilani's heart to know that kids who didn't even talk to Stiles, stuck around until Noah came back.

"I got to meet with the medical examiner and try to figure out what happened with Jackson. I got an APB out on Stiles. His Jeep is still in the parking lot, so that means..." Noah trailed off, a distant look on his face. He sighed and slapped a hand to his side, his mind a jumbled mess. "Well, I don't know what that means. Um... look, Lans, if he answers his phone, if he answers his emails, if any of you see him..."

"We'll call you," Isaac promised, keeping his hand on comfortingly on Meilani's shoulder.

"Look, he's probably just freaked out from all the attention or something. We'll find him," Scott chimed in and Meilani couldn't tell if he was trying to convince him, her or Noah.

Noah tried to smile, but it came out as more of a grimace. He tucked his notepad into his back pocket and squeezed Meilani's hand. "I'll see you guys later, okay?"

Coach walked over to the trio and he looked as if he struggled to find words. "McCall, we need you on the team, okay? I won't bench you again."

"Thanks, Coach," Meilani whispered, smiling as best she could at him before he walked away. She dropped back down onto the bench and Isaac dropped his hand from her shoulder, sitting down next to her. The whole locker room had cleared out without her realizing it and Meilani shook her head to try and get her focus back. If anything else were to pop out and attack, she needed to be ready to at least try and protect the people still with her. "Is that everyone?"

"I think so," Isaac replied, glancing around the empty room.

"Good," Meilani said and pushed herself off the bench, wrapping her hand around the handle for Stiles' locker and ripped the door off. She quickly apologized to Isaac who she had almost hit with the door and dropped the door to the ground. 

"You're gonna find him by scent?" Isaac questioned, gesturing to the flannel that Meilani gripped in her hand.

"We both are," Meilani corrected and pressed one of Stiles' Vans into his hand. "Get sniffing."

Isaac frowned at the black shoe in his hand and fiddled with it. "Why do you get his shirt and I get his shoe?"

Meilani opened her mouth to respond, but was cut off by Scott who nudged her. She glanced to him with furrowed eyebrows until he jerked his head to the side. Near the exit of the locker room was Derek who somehow gotten into the locker room without Isaac or Meilani hearing. 

"We need to talk."

Peter stepped out from behind the row of gated lockers and sent a smile Meilani and Isaac's way. "We all do."

Meilani dropped the flannel that was in her hand out of shock and stumbled back at the sight of Peter. When the hell did Peter come back to life? Actually, no. How the hell did Peter come back to life? This whole situation was giving her mega "Dean Winchester selling his soul to bring back Sam Winchester" vibes and she didn't like it. It didn't end well for them and Meilani knew for a fact that with Peter involved, this wouldn't end well either. "What the hell is this?"

"You know, I thought the same thing when I saw you talking to Gerard at the Sheriff's station," Derek quipped, clasping his hands behind his back. It was almost like a father chastising their child and Meilani flexed her hands to keep from knocking Derek in his stupid face.

"Okay, hold on. He - he threatened to kill my mom and I had to get close to him. What was I supposed to do?"

"I'm gonna go with Meilani on this one," Peter said and rocked back on his heels. "I mean, have you seen Meilani and Scott's mom? She's gorgeous."

"Shut up!" Meilani and Scott yelled in unison at Peter.

Isaac leant down to Meilani's ear and eyed Peter suspiciously. "Who is he?"

"He's Peter, Derek's uncle. Little while back, he tried to kill us all, and then we set him on fire while Derek slashed his throat."

"That's good to know."

"What I want to know is, how is Peter even alive?" Scott questioned, posing the question on Meilani's mind. "I mean... not even a werewolf could survive what he we did."

"Look, the short version is he knows how to stop Jackson and maybe how to save him," Derek explained.

Isaac crossed his arms across his chest and tilted his head to the side. "Well, that's very helpful except Jackson's dead."

Derek balked at the news and Meilani quickly explained to him and Peter how Jackson did it to himself out on the field with his claws. The alpha and his uncle exchanged an uneasy and tense look with each other.

"Why is no one taking this as good news?" Isaac asked.

"Because if Jackson is dead, it didn't just happen. Gerard wanted it to happen," Peter informed, running a hand over his mouth in deep thought. "We just need to figure out why and something tells me the window of opportunity is closing. Quickly."

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

Meilani paused at the bottom of the steps in Derek's house when Noah texted her. She nearly dropped her phone at the sight and quickly opened the text from him, hoping it was good news.

Hey, Stiles just came home. Said it was a bunch of bastards from the other team. He's showering now, but if you want to come by in a little bit you're more than welcome. 

Meilani leant against the banister for a support as relief flooded through her and she gripped her phone in her hand, closing her eyes as she let out a much needed breath. "They found Stiles," she announced to the group and quickly typed a text back to Noah that she'd be there in a little bit.

"Look, I told you, I looked everywhere," Derek said to Peter as if Meilani hadn't opened her mouth, but Isaac and Scott seemed to both relax visibly at the mention of Stiles being okay.

"You didn't look here," Peter responded, prying off the top of the third step and removed a dusty laptop from the step. He blew the dust off it and coughed quietly, waving his hand around to rid the dust from the air. "A few days after I got out of the coma, I transferred everything that we had. Fortunately, the Argents aren't the only ones that keep records."

Meilani went to follow Peter, Derek and the boys towards the living room when her phone went off. She motioned for Scott and Isaac to make their way with Derek and Peter while she answered the phone. "Mom, I can't talk right now."

"Oh, yeah? Well, I'm so freaked out that I can barely talk either."

"What's wrong?" Meilani asked, taking a seat on the bottom step that lead upstairs.

"Something... definitely something. I don't know what, but you're gonna wanna see this for yourself."

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

Meilani pulled up outside of the Stilinski household and put the car in park. She turned to Scott and Isaac who had decided to sit together in the back. "We're making a quick stop. I just need to see Stiles before I lose my mind."

Scott smiled at his twin and gestured for her to just get out of the car already and go see Stiles.

Meilani hopped out of the car and was quickly let into the house by Noah, walking up the steps that lead to Stiles' room. She stood outside his door and could hear his heart beat on the other side. The sound settled every single nerve in her body and Meilani could stand there listening to it forever if she could. She let out a shaky breath and knocked on the door.

"Dad, I said I'm fine!"

Meilani rolled her eyes and knocked again, louder this time to get Stiles out of his bed. She kept knocking until the door was finally tugged open to reveal Stiles, a large black and blue on his cheek and his right eye was puffy. The sight of him all beaten and broken nearly brought Meilani to her knees and she quickly placed her hand on the doorframe to keep herself from crashing to the ground.

"Babe?"

"Stiles, I..." Meilani whispered, stepping forward with tears streaming down her face as she reached her hand up to the bruises on his face. Her heart beat loudly in her ears and she was stumbling into Stiles' arms, gripping him close to her as her tears stained his gray t-shirt.

Stiles wrapped his arms tightly around her and kissed the top of her head, rubbing circles into her back to try and calm her down. "Babe, I'm fine."

Meilani sniffled and stepped back from Stiles, giving him a look. "No, you're not fine, Stiles! Look what Gerard did to you for crying out loud. It was all my fault. I should have done something before the game was over. Something that could have stopped whatever Gerard did. Jackson is dead and - "

"Jackson's dead?" Stiles balked, not knowing any of that since he had been taken before Jackson was killed.

"Yeah, he.. uh... he, or I guess Gerard, plunged Jackson's claws into his stomach. He's at the hospital right now with my mom," Meilani explained and gripped Stiles' hands into hers. "But I don't care about that right now. I care that you were hurt."

Stiles walked Meilani over to his bed and sat her down with him next to her. "I'm fine. I've been through worse, you know."

Meilani shook her head and let out a humorless laugh. "Yeah, because of me. God, I can't even protect the ones I care about. How am I supposed to protect everyone else from Gerard?"

Stiles pulled Meilani into his side and laid his head on top of hers. "Babe, you can't blame everything on you. You're on person trying to protect an entire town from a psychopathic old guy. You can't do everything by yourself."

"Yeah, well, I have to figure out how to help Jackson," Meilani sighed and pushed up from the bed, pacing back and forth. "I mean, Peter said he could - "

"Peter's alive?"

"Don't ask because I don't even know," Meilani huffed and tugged a hand through her hair in frustration, everything that piled up finally beginning to suffocate her. "He knows whats going on with Jackson. He needs Lydia and me, but... I'm just tired."

"How much do you know about any of this?" Stiles questioned, standing up from the bed as well to stop Meilani from pacing so she could face him.

Meilani shook her head and dropped her hand to her side, exhaling softly. "Pieces? Not much besides the very little Peter mentioned. Lydia can help him and I can, too, so long as Derek and Isaac do."

Stiles scoffed softly and dropped his hand from Meilani's arm. "That's the problem, Meilani. You don't care about getting hurt, but you know how I'll feel? I'll be devastated and if you die, I'll literally go out of my freaking mind. Death doesn't happen to you, Meilani, it happens to everyone around you. It happens to everyone left standing at your funeral, trying to figure out how they're gonna live the rest of their lives without you in it."

Meilani furrowed her eyebrows and stepped back from Stiles, not seeing how this conversation completely turned onto her. "Okay, why am I getting the third degree here? Stiles, Peter has a way for me to finally save someone. Sure, it's an asshole, but Jackson also didn't deserve what's happened to him. I can stop Gerard and put an end to this freakin' nightmare I've been living the past year, okay?"

"Meilani, look at my face, huh? Come on, Meilani. You really think this was meant to hurt me?!" Stiles snapped, pointing to the bruise on his face that Meilani had been visibly avoiding the whole time she'd been here. "No, it was meant for you! You can't just throw yourself into this without a second thought here. You're getting lured into whatever this is."

Meilani rolled her lips into her mouth and blinked away the tears that threatened to fall. Why couldn't Stiles just be there for her like she always was for him? Didn't he get that she was doing all of this to save people? She's been through enough to where she'd be just fine, especially if Derek was helping her. Derek seemed to trust his uncle now so that had to mean something, right? Why didn't Stiles get that?

Not that Meilani didn't understand why Stiles was so freaked out. He was literally just kidnapped and hurt to rile up Meilani and teach her a lesson. Who was to say that Peter wouldn't do the same thing to her? Or worse? However, Meilani wouldn't know unless she tried and she needed to get at least one person saved or she'd lose her damn mind.

"Babe, I..." Stiles trailed off when Meilani put more distance between the two of them. "I didn't - "

"No, it's fine," Meilani sniffed and cleared her throat to rid of the cracking in it. "Um, I should go because I have Scott and Isaac in the car, but I'll call you later."

"Meilani!" Stiles called before Meilani could fully make it out of his room and he walked over to her, trying to get her to look at him but she wouldn't. "I love you."

Meilani finally glanced up at him and nodded softly. "Yeah..." She trailed off, placing a brief kiss to the side of his mouth before she walked away from him and back out to the car. She plopped down into the driver's seat and closed her eyes, willing her breathing to regulate.

"Lan..."

Meilani held her hand up for Isaac to stop talking. "Don't."

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

Meilani stared down at the body of Jackson that had some sort of clear gel over it, both Isaac and Scott on either side of her. "What's happening to him?"

"I was hoping you'd tell me!" Melissa cried. "Is it bad?"

"Well, it doesn't necessarily look good," Scott remarked and jumped back with everyone when Jackson's body twitched underneath the gel. "Whoa, Mom, can you zip it up?"

Melissa huffed and shakily grabbed the zipper on the body bag, dragging it upwards until it got stopped by an invisible force when she reached Jackson's neck. She tried to pry it up, but it was almost as if it were stuck on something and wouldn't budge. Jackson's mouth suddenly opened to reveal his razor-sharp Kanima teeth.

"Mom, zip!" Meilani yelled as Melissa continued to struggle with the zipper until it finally went all the way up. She collapsed back against the wall and banged her head against it. Could this night get any worse?

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

After dialing Derek to let him know what was going, Meilani and the boys were instructed to get Jackson out of the hospital and to meet up with Derek and Peter halfway. None of it was good and they needed to get Jackson as far away from people as possible. Meilani and Isaac had gotten Jackson's body bag to Derek's car with Scott being a look out until Meilani accidentally dropped her side of the bag at the trunk of the car.

A pair of headlights blinded the trio and they all turned to see a black truck stop behind Meilani and Chris Argent hop out of the car, stopping at the hood. Meilani glanced into the car to see that no one was there, just him. 

"You're alone?"

"More than you know."

"Well, what do you want?" Meilani asked, placing her hands on her hips. They didn't have time idle chit chat or threats from Chris. Jackson had to be moved and quick or... well.. Meilani wasn't necessarily sure what would happen.

Chris sighed and it was clear that Chris didn't want to be here any more than Meilani did. "We don't have much in common, Meilani, but at the moment we have a common enemy. I don't mean Jackson, either. Gerard has twisted his way into Allison's head in the same way he did with Kate. I'm losing her and I know Scott is losing her, too."

Meilani glanced to Scott who bowed his head at the mention of him and Allison having a rocky relationship as of late. They hadn't talked all that much recently and Meilani knew it was taking a toll on Scott. He was losing the love of his life because of her and the life she was thrusted into. It wasn't fair. "Can you trust me to fix this? Can you let us go?"

"No. My car's faster," Chris replied, jerking his head behind him for the trio to get in with Jackson's body bag.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

Chris had stopped outside of the abandoned factory that Derek told Meilani about and Meilani hopped out of the car, glancing around the dark and deserted area. Jackson had stopped twitching in the back, thankfully, so now they just had to worry about where Derek and Peter were. 

It wasn't long before Derek came running down the long alleyway on all fours and he flipped forwards, landing before the group with his eyes flashing red. Leave it to Derek to come in with a dramatic entrance. Derek slowly stood up at the sight of Chris and he kept his red eyes trained on him.

"I'm here for Jackson. Not you."

Derek's eyes faded back to their normal blue and glanced to Meilani who merely shrugged. "Somehow I don't find that very comforting. Just... get Jackson inside."

Meilani nodded and circled the car to the other side where Isaac and Scott stood with Jackson's body bag, helping the boys lug the bag inside the factory. She glanced around them for Peter and Lydia, but didn't see them anywhere. "Wait, where's Peter and Lydia?" Derek ignored Meilani and opened up the body bag with Jackson still in his goo-y cocoon. "Wait, I thought you said you could save him."

"We're past that."

"What about - "

"Think about it, Meilani!" Derek snapped, standing back up to his full height. "Gerard controls him now. He's turned Jackson into his own personal guard dog. He set all of this into motion so that Jackson could get even bigger and more powerful."

"No," Chris argued, shaking his head as he stared down at Jackson's body in the clear goo. "No, he wouldn't do that. If Jackson's a dog, he's turning rabid, and my father wouldn't let a rabid dog live."

"Of course not."

Meilani's eyes widened and she whirled around to see Gerard stood a few feet away from them. She nearly jumped at the old man to attack him for what he had done to Stiles, but Isaac held her back before she could do anything to him. She just hoped that her death glare on him could be felt.

"Anything that dangerous and out of control... is better off dead."

Derek grew out his claws and went to plunge them into Jackson's chest when Jackson's clawed hand suddenly shot up into Derek's stomach. Jackson growled at Derek as he slowly raised Derek higher in the air while he stood up. Once Jackson was back on his feet, he flung Derek across the room and crashed through the curtain on the other side.

Meilani blinked and slowly turned her head back around to glance at Gerard, her fight against Isaac suddenly giving out. The blue eyed werewolf kept his arms locked around Meilani's waist still in case she were to lunge at him still. 

"Well done to the last, Meilani. Like the concerned friend you are, you brought Jackson to Derek to save him. You just didn't realize that you were also bringing Derek to me."

The sound of an arrow whizzing through the air alerted Meilani and she ducked out of the way, trying to move Isaac as well. However, she was too slow and the arrow hit Isaac in the shoulder where Meilani's head had previously been. 

"Allison?" Scott gasped when he noticed the flash of black curls near the archway Gerard stood in front of.

Meilani groaned and rushed over to Isaac, wrapping an arm around her shoulders and running off in the direction Derek had been flung with Scott hot on her heels. She placed Isaac down on a stack of boxes, ripping out the bow in his shoulder. Thankfully, it was just an average arrow and Isaac's wound had healed up within seconds. Lucky for them because Chris rushed in after and Jackson was hot on his heel, quickly being taken down. 

"Scott, stay with Chris!" Meilani ordered, already transitioning as Derek hopped out from behind a stack of crates and was already in combat with Jackson - or the Kanima, rather. She ran over as Derek and Isaac both got flung away from the Kanima. She jumped up and kicked the Kanima from behind, sending it stumbling into the steel piece it stood in front of. Meilani raised her claw to scratch it, but the Kanima pushed its hand forward and sent Meilani flying into the wall across the room.

Meilani struggled to get to her feet with a groan and noticed Allison fighting Isaac with two knives, striking them both across his back and sent him flying to the ground. She got to her feet just as Scott ran out from where he had been with Chris and held his hands out.

"No, Allison!"

The Kanima knocked both knives out of Allison's hand and wrapped its claws around her throat.

"Not yet, sweetheart," Gerard called, walking into the room just as Meilani finally made it next to her brother to protect him in case the Kanima suddenly decided to attack again. Jackson and Derek were at their feet, but they were both still alive and that's all she cared about. 

"What are you doing?" Allison breathed, turning to her grandfather.

"He's doing what he came here to do," Meilani noted.

"Then you know," Gerard said and he actually sounded impressed with Meilani.

Allison's eyebrows furrowed in confusion and her eyes bounced between Meilani and Gerard. "What is she talking about?"

Gerard smirked and his eyes flickered from Allison back to Meilani. "It was the night outside the hospital, wasn't it, when I threatened your mother. I knew I saw something in your eyes. You could just smell it, couldn't you?"

"He's dying," Isaac announced, sniffing the decay on Gerard already much like Meilani had.

"I am," Gerard confirmed at Isaac's announcement. "I have been for a while now. Unfortunately, science doesn't have a cure for cancer yet, but the supernatural does."

Allison cried in the Kanima's grasp and it wrapped claws around her tighter, cutting off her cries as it lifted her slightly in the air.

"You monster," Chris barked at his father and Meilani could just smell the anger radiating off him. 

"Not yet."

"What are you doing?" Allison snapped, only to be cut off again by the Kanima's tight grip around her throat.

Chris balled his hands into fists at his sides as he stepped up next to Meilani. "You'll kill your own granddaughter, too?"

Gerard shrugged and it was almost sickening how little Gerard cared about his own family. All he cared about was living as long as he could. "When it comes to survival, I'd kill my own son!"

Meilani instinctually stepped in front of Chris to protect him from Gerard. The two may have never seen eye to eye, but never had Chris tried to harm her because he felt she was one of the few good ones. He always kept his eyes on her and tried to separate her and Scott while cutting off Allison and Meilani's friendship. However, Meilani would never let Chris get injured or die because he didn't deserve it.

"Meilani."

Meilani slowly transitioned back and glanced over to Isaac and Scott who gave her odd looks. She had a plan and she just needed to execute correctly, pretending to help out Gerard when she wasn't at all. She stopped next to Derek and wrapped her hand around the back of his neck, pulling him to his feet and holding him hostage.

"Meilani, don't. You know that he's gonna kill me right after. He'll be an alpha."

"That's true, but I think she already knows that, don't you, Meilani?" Gerard remarked with a smirk in Derek's direction. "She's doing this for her brother because the ultimate prize is Allison. She does this small task for me and they can be together. You are the only piece that doesn't fit, Derek, and in case you haven't learned yet, there is just no competing against the love between siblings."

"Mei, is that true?" Scott asked, eyes softening as he glanced between Allison, Gerard and Meilani. "You're gonna kill Derek so I can be with Allison?"

Derek shook his head and panted against Meilani as he was still quite weak from his fight with the Kanima. "Meilani, don't! Don't!"

"I'm sorry, but I have to do this for Scott," Meilani whispered and pulled Derek's head back, allowing for Gerard to place his forearm in Derek's mouth. God, please let this work.

A loud bite was heard and Derek dropped to the ground as Gerard marveled at his new werewolf bite. He grinned to himself and held it up for everyone to see. Luckily for Meilani, her plan had worked as Gerard's blood began to bleed black instead of red. Everyone stared in horror at the sight and Gerard slowly turned his arm back around when he noticed all the stares.

"What is this? What did you do?" Gerard barked.

"Everyone said Gerard always had a plan. I had a plan, too," Meilani admitted and smiled sassily at Gerard.

Gerard gaped at quickly took his pill case from the floor, dumping his pills into his hand and crushed them to reveal mountain ash. Little to his knowledge, Meilani had swapped out his normal pills and filled fake ones with mountain ash with the help of Deaton. She wasn't stupid, not by a long shot, and that was only proven by her quick thinking the night at the police station when she used her sleight of hand tricks and stole one of the pills out of the container without him realizing. Meilani was just glad it worked.

"Mountain ash!" Gerard roared and dropped the now empty pill tin to the floor. His nose began to trickle black blood out of it and Gerard dropped down to his knees weakly. Black blood began to trickle out of his eyes and ears next, before finally coming out like a fountain out of his mouth. He finally collapsed to the ground.

Derek breathed rapidly as he watched the whole thing unfold and he held himself up on his elbow. "Why didn't you tell me?"

Meilani licked her lips and turned to Derek who now at her feet. "Because you might be an alpha, but you're not mine.

Gerard dragged himself along the floor as he spit black blood out of his mouth. "Kill them! Kill them all!" He then flopped back down onto his stomach, dead.

The Kanima slowly lowered his claws from Allison's throat just as a car crashed through the wall of the old factory. The group turned to see that it was Stiles' Jeep with Stiles and Lydia in the front seats.

"Did I get him?!" Stiles yelled just before the Kanima leapt on to the hood, spooking Lydia and Stiles out of the Jeep. He barreled over to Scott, Isaac and Meilani and skidded to a stop next to Meilani, who caught him before he could topple to the ground.

"Jackson!" Lydia snapped at Jackson and pointed him at sternly like an owner yelling at their pet. "Jackson." She held up a golden key and that caught the Kanima's attention, half of it melting away to show Jackson's human face - leaving him with a half scaly and half human face. He slowly took the key out of Lydia's hand with his Kanima hand and inspected it.

Jackson stepped back from Lydia, his eyes still trained on the key. He was suddenly hoisted into the air by Derek and Peter, both of their claws in his stomach and back. Jackson coughed and gasped for air in their grasp, dropping to the ground when their claws were ripped out of him. Lydia dropped next to him and knelt so they were eye to eye.

Meilani held the three boys back next to her while Derek stepped back to stand in line with them. She felt her heart hurt at the sight of the dying Jackson in front of Lydia. 

"Lydia... do you... do you still.."

"I do," Lydia cried, knowing what Jackson wanted to know without him having to finish while tears streamed down her face. "I do still love you. I do. I do still love you."

The key dropped from Jackson's hand as he slumped forward onto Lydia's shoulder with his eyes closed. She sobbed into Jackson's hair and eventually leant forward so she could lay Jackson on the ground, the Kanima scales officially gone and left behind his usual flawless skin. 

Chris glanced around the room, but Gerard wasn't anywhere in sight and Meilani leant off Stiles to see if she could focus on the man anywhere. "He couldn't have gotten far."

Lydia slowly raised from the ground where she had been pressing her lips to Jackson's forehead. She turned to face the group and curled in on herself as she sobbed at the loss of the love of her life. Meilani went to go to comfort Lydia when movement behind the girl gained her attention.

Jackson's long nails scraped along the floor, alerting the others in the room. His eyes snapped open and they were a vibrant blue with wolf claws and hair along the sides of his face. He had transitioned into a werewolf, something Meilani couldn't explain, and then he was back to regular Jackson again. Lydia cried in shock and leapt into Jackson's waiting arms. 

Finally. Something went right.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

Meilani laid in Stiles' bed with him, the couple staring up at the ceiling as they laid in silence. They had dropped Scott and Allison off at Allison's to let the two be alone. Scott was sure that Allison and him wouldn't work out for right now because of everything that happened with Gerard and Derek, but he wanted to be there for her and wait until she was ready to be a couple. Needless to say, Scott was back to third wheeling Stiles and Meilani again.

"Meilani?"

"Yeah, Stiles?"

"I'm sorry," Stiles said, turning onto his side so he could look at his girlfriend who turned on her side also to face him. "You know, for earlier."

Meilani smiled softly at him, though it was a bit hard to see in the dark. "It's okay. I probably should have listened to you anyway. I just wanted something to go right for once with this whole werewolf thing, you know? It's hard."

Stiles shook his head and placed his hand over Meilani's that rested between them on the bed. "I should have been more supportive. I know you could have handled yourself well, but I just can't help but worry about you. You constantly have something or someone wanting to kill you and the thought you dying.... I can't handle it. I lose my mind just thinking about it. I can't imagine what I'd do without you here."

Meilani giggled softly and scooted closer to Stiles, kissing him softly on the lips. "At least I know you care."

Stiles stared into Meilani's eyes and Meilani could practically smell the love oozing off him while he looked at her. "I'll always care about you. I love you, Meilani."

"I love you too, Stiles," Meilani whispered and reattached their lips, enjoying the normal moment she got to have with Stiles. 

The two barely got to be a couple together the past year because of the whole werewolf business. The bite not only changed Meilani's life, but all of those around her as well. Much like her death would affect those around her, it seemed her becoming werewolf affected everyone around her as well. 

Meilani was just glad she could be normal again now that Gerard was dead and Jackson was back to normal... kind of. Sure, there was still Derek and Peter, but Meilani could handle them no problem.

She was just excited for the new start.

END OF BOOK TWO

AUTHORS NOTE

Hi hey hello

WELCOME TO END OF BOOK TWO, PEEPS! I thought about doing the final scene with the boys at the lacrosse field, but I thought it would be better to end with Stiles and Meilani being precious and cute af. The duo barely get to be a cute couple together so TIME TO LET THEM SHINE, YAY! I actually didn't even plan for them to have a minor dramatic moment in this, but they kind of took over and wrote that small argument before Meilani went to the hospital. Woops.

Meilani went through so much in this book and I'm just glad at least one of her issues has gone away, but we all know with her luck.. it won't be lasting that way for long. However, we can let her be happy for at least a little bit because she deserves that much, am i right?

Book Three is already prepared and will be up within the next half hour. I just have to do a few last minute touches to the intro chapter. So keep this book in your libraries for a bit longer because I'll post a new chapter with the title and info for the third and final book when I post it! Keep your eyes peeled because it'll be out soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 2.6K 32
with derek hale as the new alpha the gang find new threats in beacon hills teen wolf | s2
783 32 9
【Book Two ---- Season Two】 In a world where everything is falling apart in secrecy, ThaΓ­s faces the fact that the truth comes out one way or another...
17K 409 65
Lucy Moore and her brother move back to their hometown, Beacon Hills. This town holds secrets waiting to be uncovered, and when they do, what will ha...
237 13 3
'This is me praying that This was the very first page Not where the story line ends My thoughts will echo your name, until I see you again These are...