Second Chances Don't Come Easy

By SouthernRose94

After the deaths of her parents, Henri becomes the bottom of the pack. When her mate rejects her, she runs. T... More

Description
Dreams & Reality
Rejection
Acceptance
Changes
Surprises
The Old vs. The New
Arrival
Training Starts
Rouge Attack
Wait...What?
Fight until Death
Demons & Battles
War
Choices
Surrender
Truth
Broken Hearts Heal Slow
Another Deal
Rouge...No Mate!
Moved On
Ghosts
Epilogue

Discovered

15.3K 711 62
By SouthernRose94

Discovered

Henri’s POV

            I had just finished dressing when I heard a knock on my door. I slipped over to the door silently and looked through the peep hole. Smiling, I saw the pizza boy standing in the hall. He was human as far as I could tell, and there was no one else with him. Opening the door, I hand him the fifteen dollars and take my pizza.

            “Keep the change.” I say lightly as I close the door. Taking a deep breath in, I smile to myself. Jumping on the bed, I turn on the TV and find the animal planet channel. And I dig into my pizza.

            By the time I was finished, I was pretty sleepy. I was just about to slide under the covers when another knock come from my door. I blanched. It’s them isn’t it Angel?

            Yep. As far as I can tell, it’s only the beta, the third in command, and three warriors. There are four outside our window.

            Man. They thought of everything huh? She laughs softly then whines. I hear the beta’s voice. He doesn’t have to talk that loud since I’m a werewolf. Which is a good thing, because it would be a little hard to explain his choice of words to a human should they overheard. “Rouge open up now. Or else we’re coming in.”

            I scurry to the door, unlock it and fling it open. Five of the tallest and most intimidating men I’d ever laid eyes on were standing in front of me. Hearing a slight noise behind me, I turn and watch as several more men slip in through my window. Suddenly I panic. They plan on killing me, was all that registered in my mind. Spinning around, I run to my closet and shut the door. It wasn’t much and I knew that they could break it down in a matter of seconds, but the dark made me feel safe.

            All of them were in my room now. I heard my door and window shut as they slowly made their way towards the closet. “Come out of there rouge.” The beta speaks again and I stay where I am. His commands don’t work on me due to the beta blood that runs in my veins. But he doesn’t know this.

            “No.” I whisper. I’m curled in a tight ball by the time he’s had enough. The door flies open and I yelp in surprise. I could feel my fear rolling off of me, but I didn’t care. I just knew that they were going to kill me, and the only thing that was running through my mind was that I wouldn’t even get to say goodbye to my brother.

            The beta opens his mouth, but closes it when he sees me. Kneeling beside me, he slowly wraps his arms around me. At first, I stiffen at his touch. But then his deep calm voice starts whispering in my ear. He sounded so much like Ryan that I wrapped my arms around his neck and started crying. I could feel his shock.

            He held me for almost an hour until I stopped crying. Giving him a shy smile, I wipe my face and apologize. “What are you doing here?” He asks me, but his voice stayed low and calm. I keep my eyes trained on the floor. “I was just passing through. I didn’t even know that this was pack territory. I only came into town for a meal and a good night’s rest, I swear.” My voice rushes out of my mouth. Several of the men laugh.

            He looks at me puzzled. “Why aren’t you in a pack little one?”

            “They didn’t want me.” I say softly as I move a little causing my shirt to expose my side. I had forgotten about my scars and bruises. When he hissed and stood up in a blink of an eye, I flinched away from him, expecting him to hit me. He freezes, and I realize my mistake. He picks me up slowly and walks to my bed. The second he lets go of me, I moved to the head of the bed as fast as I could. These men were stronger than my pack and I knew that if they started in on me, I wouldn’t last long.

            The beta seemed to since where my thoughts were heading and he gave me a smile. “Don’t worry little one. We won’t hurt you. Now tell me how you acquired those scars and bruises.” Again, I heard the command in his voice, but it just rolled off my shoulder. Why does he care so much? I mean, I’m a no body and on top of that rouge. Why should he care?

            Because not everyone is like those people we left behind Henri. You should know that. I sigh. Angel was right of course. Not every wolf I would come across would be like my old pack. I decided to tell them everything. Keeping an eye on them from under my eyelashes, I take a slow breath.

            “When I was ten, my parents took me to a fair for my birthday. On the way back to our car, we were stopped by four hunters. He insulted my mom and then we were surrounded by sixteen more. Never in my life had I seen so many hunters in one place. Their leader threw a silver knife which hit my mom directly in her heart. When she fell to the ground, she made sure that her body covered mind. When the hunters smelt her blood, they assumed that I was dead as well.

            “From that day on, my pack hated me. So did my brother. I’m ten years younger than he, so it was hard for us to connect. My pack would beat me senseless, but never my brother. He would stay in the back of the room and just watch. Not one time in the nine years of beatings did he try to stop them from hitting me. But I stayed for him, hoping that one day he would become the big brother I used to know.” I feel myself frown.

            “Then I ran into my mate. He was the alpha of our pack. I know that most of our kind find our mates at 16, but I was so scared of him that I wouldn’t leave my room until I knew he was out of the house. I had just finished cleaning the last bedroom and was on my way to start dinner when I ran into him on the stair case. He…He rejected me. And I accepted his rejection. What else could I have done? He would have killed me I’m sure if I hadn’t accepted.

            “So, I decided that was it. I would leave. There was nothing for me there anymore.” I stopped talking and slowly looked at their faces. The looks of hatred, angerand something else surprised me. When one of the guys beside me lifted his hand to run it through his hair, I automatically flinched, thinking he was about to hit me. When he saw that, he immediately lowered it, apologizing to me.

            The beta stepped toward me slowly and spoke. “We’re taking you to see the alpha. After you tell him your story, I’m sure that he’ll offer you a spot in our pack.” He gives me a smile, and I feel my own slowly slip onto my lips. “How do you know he’ll ask me to join?” I ask softly.

            “Because I just told him to tell you, that’s why?” A deep voice booms from my doorway. Jerking my head towards him, I gasp. I didn’t even hear my door open. Standing before us was a tall and well built man. He stood ever taller than 6 feet. His shoulders were thick and they were straining against his black button up shirt. I could make out the muscles in his arms as he stepped closer to me. It took me all of one second to realize that he was the alpha, their alpha.

            Lowering my eyes to the floor, I blush. “I’m sorry sir. I didn’t hear you come in.” I whisper so soft that I almost didn’t even hear it. “Why would you want a little no body like me in your pack?” My question slipped out before I could even stop it. The alpha’s laughter filled my room. “I like you.” He says as he wipes a tear from his eye. Feeling uneasy I just stare at him. “No one should have to go through what you’ve been through. And it’s easy to see that you weren’t cut out for a life on the run. And you are not a no body, you are a somebody.”

            He sits on the edge of my bed, and it takes almost all of my willpower to keep myself from jumping up and running to the corner. My past has taught me to always keep my guard up. But yet, with this group of guys, I find myself wanting to lower it. He looks me in the eye. “Another reason why I want you to join my pack is that you remind me of my own little sister that I lost a few years ago. If you’d like, I could become your older brother so to speak.” He looks at the men around us. “In fact we all could be your brothers, if you’d have us.”

            I close my eyes thinking. My old pack didn’t want me, and I really didn’t want to live the rest of my life as a rouge. But here was a pack that wanted me to join them. Their alpha wanted me to join them. And they wanted to be my family. What do you think Angel?

            I think you should say yes Henri. It’s obvious that they truly want you to become a part of their pack. And I can tell that they would never turn on us like our old pack did. We can trust them.

            Are you sure?

            I am one hundred percent sure. I would never steer us wrong.  I laugh at her softly then look at the alpha. “I guess since you’re gonna be my new family, I should introduce myself huh?” I say softly, laughing at the look on their faces. They mistook my silence as a no. “My name is Henrietta Chastity Walker, but I go by Henri.”

            “It’s a pleasure to meet you Henri,” my new alpha says, “I’m Derrick Reid, alpha of the Adelis pack. This is Aaron Moses, my beta. And the others are Nicolas, Sam, Thomas, Shane, Will, Bobby, Dean, Steven and John.” I nod at the guys and the smile back at me. “So I guess you’re my new brothers huh? It’s a good thing I always wanted to belong to a large family.” I say sassily, causing them to laugh. It felt good to be wanted.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

949 8 25
One Alpha. Three future Lunas. The decision goes to the pack. A pair of twins who want the Alpha desperately. A girl who doesn't care at all about th...
408 21 27
Her brother dies in a war. No one left to run the pack but her. She has not even shifted yet. Follow Izzy on her journey. Will there be a war because...
147K 4.6K 25
Hey guys this book is now completed and there is a sequel posted. Hope you guys like it!!!! This is about an omega who gets abused and rejected by he...
5.2M 181K 39
Jade Emmerson was born to two wolf parents but has a dormant gene that practically makes her human. When she found out Cameron was her mate she insta...