UNMASKED [Arthdal Chronicles...

By bxtch-FJ

»What do you see?« «You... i see you in my dreams» »And what happens in your dreams?« «You... die» >> Based o... More

Before Reading
01 | The necklace
02 | Memories
03 | Silly Girl
04 | What the hell...?
06 | Saya...
07 | Fight

05 | The Sacred Trial

661 27 22
By bxtch-FJ

"Lock up the slaves and look for buyers" ordered Tagon to his warriors. Then he turned to Yangcha. "The witch comes with us."

The young soldier nodded and separated Tanya from the others. Mugwang joined them and took the girl roughly by the arm to walk.

"No, leave her! Leave my daughter!" shouted Tanya's father. One of the warriors hit him in the stomach to keep him quiet.

"Father!" she exclaimed with concern.

"You better walk if you don't want to end up worse than him," whispered Mugwang in Tanya's ear.

Yangcha looked at them out of the corner of his eye. "At this rate she will end up dead," he thought.

When they reached Tagon's desk, Mugwang and Yangcha left the place leaving them alone. He poured himself some liquor and drank it without looking at the girl, then sat down.

"Do you remember what I told you last night?" he asked finally. She nodded. "Perfect, then as I said, if you want to save your people you will have to help me, or else, you and all of them will be decapitated."

Tanya shuddered at the mental image that her head had created.

Tagon told her about his suspicions that The Great White Wolf and Asa Sin could be the same person, and that if it was true, then she was very important to the people of Arthdal. He also mentioned the privileges and power she would get if she accepted the deal.

When he finished speaking, Tanya looked at him with distrust. It was clear that he wasn't a good person, much less someone she could consider an ally. But on the other hand, if she didn't accept everyone would die. She promised to save her tribe and that's what she would do, so finally she said yes.

"What should I do?" she asked determinedly.

"You have to look for a very special object." She frowned. "In the Great Shrine there is a hidden bell. All you have to do is find it, simple."

Simple? How was she going to find an object she didn't know in a place she hadn't even stepped on? Tanya was discouraged. "It seems it won't be as easy as I tought."

"But... What if I fail?"

"I don't see why you wouldn't, after all, you're a descendant of Asa Sin, aren't you?"

"B-but i didn't said tha-"

He silenced her by raising his hand.

"Yangcha!" he exclaimed. The young man immediately entered the room. "Take her, in a few days there will be a sacred trial."

The soldier opened his eyes widely. "Yes... she will definitely die soon."

Tanya heard it and looked at him terrified.

❦❦❦

7 days later

The rumor that a direct descendant of Asa Sin had appeared spread quickly. Everyone was very excited and euphoric to know who was that girl. The sacred trial that was to determine this would be done that day, so everyone was gathered outside the Great Shrine, waiting impatiently for the results.

Tanya was very nervous. She didn't know if she would able to find that damn bell. She bites her nails involuntarily and touched her hair insistently. A few minutes later some priests of the Asa Clan arrived to take her to the trial.

There she stood on her knees thinking desperately what she was going to do, without hearing what the priests and Asa Ron said.

She looked around. There were many people gathered in that place, everyone was staring at her. In front of her on the other side of the water were Tagon and Taealha, whispering things to each other.

She kept inspecting the place and noticed something; the fire. She felt stupid for not having noticed before. Then, a hand on her shoulder startled her.

"The woman who claims to be a direct descendant of our Great Mother. Our Great Mother's star bell is somewhere in this Shrine. Find it and prove yourself," he said handing her an object Tanya had never seen before, but she still knew exactly how to use it. "Here, try."

She, doubtful, entered the water and stood in front of the fire. She took a deep breath and prepared herself mentally. After a few seconds, she waved the objects from top to bottom repeatedly. The priests in charge of playing the instruments looked confused and began to do their work following the rhythm of Tanya.

"I hope this works..." she tought.

"Three steps away from the fire." She began to remember the instructions of Mother Choseol. Then she began to whistle, attracting a small bird and began with the dance she had tried to learn since childhood, but could never do it correctly, so she was very nervous. When the bird began to sing, she felt instantly calmer, as if she had returned to Iark and was simply practicing as usual.

Everyone looked amazed at the bird that flew in circles around Tanya.

She moved automatically, as if someone controlled her, remembering her old mistakes. "Your stride width is too wide... that was too narrow... The Spirit Dance must look the same every time, even if you do it 100 times," said Choseol.

"Great While Wolf, did you really foresee this far? Did all those years in the past exist for this moment? Will I find the answer when this dance stops?" Those questions were in the young woman's head.

When she finished, her hand pointed to a specific place on the roof. Everyone present looked in that direction, attentive to what was going to happen.

"Could be it there? Is it there? If not..."

The little bird that was still there crashed into that place, dying instantly and falling into the water, the people screamed.

"It's bleeding!" they said. Everyone wondered what was happening.

"The shell! »The one who breaks the shell shall appear with the Azure Comet along with death« The one who breaks the shell... this was what it meant. But it's way too high. How can I...?" Tanya tought.

After thinking a few seconds she remembered. "Sure, the sling. All the Great Mothers learned to use it."

The young woman pulled out a piece of her white dress and took a stone from the water. With that she made her "weapon" and threw the rock straight to the place she wanted.

A small shiny object fell into the water. Everyone raised their heads to see if it really was the star bell. Tanya reached down and picked it up, examined it for a few moments and and waved it slightly. Indeed, the classic little sound was heard perfectly throughout the place and immediately people knelt down showing their respect, shouting the name of Asa Sin.

She looked at Tagon and Taealha who had a big smile on their faces, the man gave a nod of approval. Tanya left the sling on a rock and then watched all the people who were gathered there. She noticed that the Daekan soldiers were arriving.

"I am Tanya of the Wahan tribe, the one who breaks the shell," she began to talk. "I am the next Great Mother of the Whan Tribe. I'm here to tell you the words of Asa Sin, the Great White Wolf, who is the progenitor of Wahan and Arthdal's Great Mother. »The land we are standing on, the sky we worship, the wind that resembles our breath, the moon that illuminates darkness, the fire that embraces us, the water that purifies us and all animals, plants, and fruits that provide sustenance to us. We owe our lives to the gods and spirits that control all of them... and our deaths are in their hands. You gave birth to us but do not try to own us. You raised us, but do not make us kneel before you. You help us, but do not destroy us even when we are sinful. You gave birth to all things in the world, and everything exists for a reason.« These were Asa Sin's words," When she finished speaking, she rang the star bell and everyone knelt down again, murmuring "Haramahamen".

"Dear Tanya, a descendant of Wahan who is also Asa Sin's direct descendant. I, Taealha, the head of the Hae Tribe, come before thee."

"Speak, the head of the Hae Tribe," answered Tanya. The woman stood up.

"Two hundred years ago, our Great Mother, Asa Sin, sent Ara mun Haesulla to Arthdal, which was torn apart by the long war, and had him found the Union. The prophecies said that she will send Aramun again. I'd like to ask when Aramun will return."

"He already returned, but you people failed to recognize him. The one who found me with the awakened eyes that can recognize Asa Sin's direct descendant. The one who will protect me. The Union Leader, Tagon. Come before me."

The priests were remarkably uncomfortable, however, Asa Ron remained calm with everything that was happening. Tagon walked to the water and stopped in front of Tanya. The rays of the sun that entered throught the hole in the roof, fell just above him.

"I, Union Leader Tagon, who is a member of the Saenyeok tribe, come before thee, Tanya, Asa Sin's direct descendant."

"Tagon, you are fated to connect the sky and earth. You will connect our present and future. Tagon, you are the second coming of Aramun Haesulla."

Everyone started to murmuring things and then began cheering at Tanya and Tagon. The atmosphere was a celebration, everyone was more than happy for the great blessing that had fallen on Arthdal. But all ceased when a man dressed in black fell from the ceiling hole. He attacked Tagon, who immediately dodged the weapon. He drew his sword and began to fight him.

People started screaming and tried to escape, but they couldn't because the entrances were blocked by other people. The Daekan warriors prepared to fight.

The three main victims were Tagon, Taealha and Tanya. The last didn't know what to do, one of the attackers tried to kill her but a hand got in the way receiving a serious cut. It was Yangcha, who killed that man with impressive speed.

"We have to get out of here, Tanya," he thought hpoing she could hear him. Luckily she did it and nodded.

Yangcha took her hand and somehow managed to slip away without being seen. They ran throught the halls of the Great Shrine looking for a place to hide, for their bad luck, the building was plagued by these strange people.

They met one who wore something different, a long white robe and a crescent dagger. "Children of Shahati..." the young soldier drew his sword to protect the girl.

This man was a little stronger and more skilled, so they had a good time fighting, Yangcha earned a cut on his leg and finally he decided to use his chains to hang him.

"What's going on? Why do these people attack us?" asked Tanya very scared.

He took a deep breath and approached to her. "I don't know, but it must be Asa Ron's fault. The Shrine is not safe now, we have to go somewhere else."

She ignored his words and tried to hold his hand.

"You're bleeding to much..." she said worried.

Yangcha pulled away quickly. "That doesn't matter now, follow me." They walked quickly but at the same time with caution, the enemies could appear at any moment.

The halls were so similar that a person could easily get lost there, the main entrance wasn't an option as it was obvious that it should be well guarded so that no one could pass. The screams of the people inside were clearly heard and was very worried about them even though she didn't know them. She also wondered what was going on outside, because when she was on her way to the Sacred Trail she heard from the priests that there were many people gathered waiting for news.

After several minutes traveling Yangcha find an exit. There was a room with large windows, although it was a little off the ground but nothing too dangerous.

"I will jump first and then you will, okay?"

Tanya nodded uneasily, her stomach was upset and her heart was beating fast.

When she jumped out the window the young man managed to catch her. "Fast." They both started running hoping they didn't encounter any more surprises. They reached the forest and hid in a cave. Tanya sat on a rock to rest.

"You have to stay here, I'll come for you later."

"What? Where are you going?" she asked standing up.

"I must return to the Shrine, I have to help Tagon."

Yangcha began to move away without more, but Tanya stopped him holding on to the soldier's arm.

"Don't leave me... I beg you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

607 60 9
Where Minho is cursed. T/w: violence, mentions of suicide, tragic deaths, blood.
141K 3.4K 25
ᴛʜɪꜱ ʙᴏᴏᴋ ᴍᴀʏ ɪɴᴄʟᴜᴅᴇ: - ᴏɴᴇꜱʜᴏᴛꜱ - ꜱᴄᴇɴᴀʀɪᴏ - ɢɪꜰ ɪᴍᴀɢɪɴᴇꜱ - ɪᴍᴀɢɪɴᴇꜱ - ʀᴇᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ - ꜰᴀᴋᴇ ᴛᴇxᴛꜱ - ᴇᴛᴄ. ꜱᴛᴀʀᴛᴇᴅ: 02/03/22 ꜰɪɴɪꜱʜᴇᴅ: 07/12/22 ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ: _...
327K 4.6K 27
imagines based off the characters of on my block !! requests are closed :/
48.8K 557 84
"𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐧" IN WHICH I make imagines to keep you up at night ...