Five Little Sacrifices

Af Veikari

Continuation for my first book Waiting for My Mate, I recommend to read that one first so this one makes more... Mere

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107

Chapter 38

520 26 10
Af Veikari

For the first few days it seemed like everything went quite well. Freed was studying the book in the library and Laxus focused on his work in the office. He wasn't avoiding just Freed, but Natsu and other dragon slayers as well. It was better that way so there wouldn't be any unnesessary fights.

For what Freed had seen, everything was going surprisingly peacefully. Gajeel was happy with Levy, and Sting and Rogue were mostly staying in their temporary apartment they had while staying in Magnolia. At first they had thought about returning back to Sabertooth but Porlyusica had been against it, saying that now that they already were here they should stay so she could study their behaviour. After all, they were both dragon slayers so she wanted to write down every information she could, how they acted and how it was decided who would carry the baby since they were really eager to start their own family.

Freed had also heard that Wendy was actually staying with Sherria. He was really happy to hear that the little – or not so little anymore – sky dragon slayer had found her mate too. Right now they didn't really know more where they were exactly and Porlyusica was not too happy about that.

Only ones acting up were Natsu and Laxus and for the same reason: No sex, poor things. But it wasn't like Freed and Lucy were any more happier than they were. It was a surprise that Lucy and Natsu didn't want to start a family yet, but they just said it wasn't a right time yet for them. It made Freed a little bit happier when he knew he wasn't the only one suffering through this mating season. Since they had decided this way, they had to stay strong

It was easier said than done and that day Freed was sitting on a bar stool, his head leaning against the bar counter and he felt miserable. Once again he was wondering why, oh why did they make this decision? After four long days his determination was starting to slowly crumble, even though he knew he had to stay strong. There was still a whole week left of the mating season!

Mirajane sighed when looking at the rune mage who was moping and she put a cup of tea on the table. Freed had been working so hard for the last four days, staying in the library and barely showing his face outside so it was rare to see him sitting here in the Hall.

"Cheer up, Freed", she said gently and patted his green hair. Even those lightning bolt cowlicks were drooping and it was so sad. "Everything will be fine."

"I know..." Freed murmured not lifting his head.

"It's so heartbreaking to see you like this", Mirajane sighed. "And Laxus isn't doing any better. I just brought him some coffee and lunch and he didn't even say anything, he's just angry all the time."

"I'm sorry, Mira. It's not because he dislikes you or anything, he doesn't mean to act coldly towards anyone..."

"You don't need to apologise, Freed", Mira assured. "I know all that already. He's been shutting himself inside his office all days and I can't help but feel a little bit worried. He shouldn't work that much."

"I know, he should do some training instead", Freed said. "I should suggest that he should take a day off tomorrow and go training somewhere nearby."

"I don't think he will do that", Mira huffed crossing her arms and she leaned against the counter. "You two obviously miss each other so much. This decision to stay apart is almost killing you both."

"It's for the best right now..."

"I don't know about that", Mira said and she really meant it, making the rune mage finally shift slightly. "When you look at Lucy and Natsu, they are not acting this bad even if they decided not to start a family yet."

"It's different for them, they can do that even if there wasn't a dragon mating season."

"You're right. But obviously this is not just about how much you and Laxus miss each other. Are you really sure this decision not to have more children is the right decision for you two?" Mirajane asked and she really was worried.

Freed moved his head so he could look at the bartender with his visible eye.

"I'm listening..." he muttered.

"Well... For first, you two are both men and if the mating season is the only time when you can have kids together, why not take this opportunity? Obviously it's bothering you both that there's no guarantee when this opportunity might happen next time", the white haired mage explained.

"But I'm not sure if we're ready to have two kids."

"You're thinking too much", Mirajane said lowering her head next to Freed's, looking at him. "You're being wonderful parents for Felix, why wouldn't it go just as well with two kids?" she smiled warmly and Freed thought about it. "You're not alone, we all will help you two as much as we can. Of course in the end it's all up to you two what you decide, but I think you should reconsider this."

Finally Freed lifted his head, looking at his tea.

"It's already possible that we might have a kid", he said and Mirajane was surprised.

"Really?" she asked excitedly. "But... Shouldn't it be almost defnite if -"

"We don't know if the mating season had started when... You know", Freed muttered with a slight blush. He didn't really like to talk about sex so casually.

"Oh, I see... If you really do feel like that's the best solution, then of course we are all going to support you two", Mirajane said with a smile, though it was slightly sad. "I just really hope you and Laxus will feel better soon. And I hope things will go back to normal when the season is over."

"What do you mean? Why wouldn't they be back to normal?" Freed asked looking at the take over mage and Mirajane sighed when she understood that she had just managed to make things worse.

"Of course they will be back to normal", she assured.

"Don't lie to me, Mira", Freed frowned. "You meant something with that and I want to hear what it is."

"Fine, I will tell, but it's only my opinion and it doesn't mean that it will happen", Mirajane said putting her hands on her hips. "Are you sure there won't be any regrets after the mating season is over?"

"This is what we decided, so -"

"Yes it is, but I'm not asking that. Are you sure that when the season is over, you won't regret this decision? Or that Laxus won't regret it? I don't want to think that because of this season, you two end up separating because of this decision. You have to know -"

"I can't know that", Freed snapped. "Nor can Laxus. No one can. I might regret it, or I might not, but... I just don't know", he groaned rubbing his temples and it felt like his mind was crashing. How on earth could he know if he might regret it? How could he know if Laxus might regret it? Why wasn't there a book with simple rules about these kind of things?!

Mirajane was quick to move around the bar counter and she hugged the green haired man tightly.

"I didn't mean to add more pressure", she apologised. "I just... Just be sure, okay?"

"It's not like there is some way to make sure anything about this", Freed said just staring at his tea cup.

"I know, you hate it when you don't know what's coming."

Freed sighed deeply and he tried to calm his nerves and get a grip of himself.

"You know... Part of me almost hopes that someone else would make this decision for me", he murmured.

Mirajane pulled a bar stool closer so she could sit right next to him, not letting go since obviously Freed needed someone to listen him right now. They all had those days sometimes.

"Maybe... That same part of me kind of wanted that Laxus would be the one to make this decision of what we should do. When Laxus is happy, I know I will be happy. My life is devoted for Laxus, from the moment we became friends. I only want what is best for Laxus."

"And Felix", Mirajane smiled and Freed actually chuckled slightly.

"That goes without saying", he nodded. "We are both devoted to make sure Felix will be happy and will grow up to be a fine man."

"Of course. And I'm sure Laxus wants what's best for you as well", Mirajane smiled. "He knows how you would do anything for him so I'm guessing that's the reason he wants you to decide. So you can do what you want. This time you're the one making a big decision that affects both yours and Laxus' life all by yourself... And it actually terrifies you, doesn't it?" she asked understandingly and Freed had to nod silently. "It will be alright", Mirajane smiled. "Don't worry, Freed. We're all here to support you."

"I know", the rune mage said and he patted Mirajane's hand. "Thank you, Mira."

"Do you want me to go yell at Laxus?" Mirajane smirked and Freed laughed.

"No, please don't do that", he said amused and Mirajane smiled happily, finally letting go of him. "Thank you for listening."

"Anytime", the white haired mage assured. "Instead of staying here inside the guild house, why don't you all go outside? You, Laxus, Felix, maybe ask Bickslow and Evergreen too? Go do some training together, camp out together, teach Felix and Chester what they need to know about camping out, just have fun!"

"I was actually planning to study how to nullify the rest of the spells in the book Yuidose is after", Freed chuckled.

"Oh come on! You can't just work and Laxus needs a break as well, we know he can't continue like this for long. I can take care of the paperwork with Erza, you guys just go out and have some fun."

Freed sipped his tea while Mirajane went to take care of other orders and he thought about it. It might be fun... And with Felix, Bickslow, Evergreen and Chester there, they wouldn't be able to accidentally end up doing something they shouldn't.

He sat there and thought about it more, when suddenly he heard steps that were all too familiar that he could mistake who was approaching. He stayed silent, just drinking his tea and soon a larger mage sat down beside him.

Just like they always did. Yet still everything was different.

"Yo", Laxus said leaning against his hand, but not looking at Freed. They had been so focused on their work and since they were sleeping in different rooms it felt like he hadn't even seen Freed in few days.

"Hello, Laxus", Freed said with a small smile. "I hope you're doing fine."

"Like fucking hell that's possible", Laxus grunted annoyed. "How have you been?"

"I can't say I'm feeling any better. Did Felix bring you the breakfast we made?"

"Yeah, sorry for leaving so early, I just thought it might be the best. Thanks for making some food, though."

"Of course", Freed smiled. "I'll always make food for you as long as you want to eat it."

"Yeah", Laxus said, finally relaxing a bit and he smiled. "Mira, give me some coffee."

"Such a nice way to ask something", Mirajane chuckled, happy to see their Master in the Hall as well.

"I know, and make it quick."

"Don't be rude", Freed scolded and Laxus sighed rolling his eyes.

"Please?" he growled to Mira who laughed amused.

"I'll make it as soon as I can", she smiled.

There was a small silence again, when Freed finally turned more towards Laxus.

"What would you think about camping out for maybe a day or two?" he said and the blond man was surprised.

"Camping out? Together?" he asked.

"We should ask Bicks and Ever join us. We both need a little break from work and we should do something else. We could finally start teaching Felix more about camping, how to find wood, start a fire, find a place where to stay, things like that. I'm sure Chester would like to join too."

"That's not a bad idea", Laxus said while thinking about it, taking a cup Mirajane brought over.

"You could do some training together", she smiled.

"Yeah. Okay, let's do that. I'll go find Bicks and ask him", Laxus said gulping down his coffee down with one go and he stood up.

"I'll find Ever and then go home with Felix and pack our bags", Freed smiled leaving the empty teacup on the counter.

Mirajane looked how they walked away and once they were gone, she opened a cabinet. There was a big sheet of paper inside it, full of markings of who was betting what. Mirajane smiled and she crossed over her previous sum and instead put in a higher amount of jewels. There were lots of questions, like would Freed end up pregnant or not? Who would be the first one to surrender for the instincts? Could they actually stay strong and not do a thing?

Mirajane chuckled closing the cabinet. Most of their guildmates were actually almost sure that nothing would happen because they knew how stubborn both Laxus and Freed could be when they decided something. She was of course betting that they would end up having another kid.

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

378K 8K 76
Young female reader joins Fairy Tail after losing her home and family. In search of a new start, she finds Fairy Tail. There will be some lemon. I do...
62.6K 2.7K 55
"Sometimes the brothers that you need in life are fosters." Cold, sadistic, and a hint of crazy describes the pyromaniac perfectly. Never choosing to...
3.6K 143 11
Fairy Tail x Male oc bxb bl harem gxg cursing smuts depending on where the story is going. I don't own Fairy Tail I only own my oc
2K 84 13
Laxus Dreyar is realizing things, but Freed is already over him. Or is he?