Caged |1|

By itsHaley_D

To the average eye Kehlani King seemed to be your normal 19 year old girl that was two months fresh out of hi... More

Chapter 1 Basketball Tickets?
Chapter 2 Silent attraction
Chapter 3 Ditched
Chapter 4 Day with Kuz
Chapter 5 Next level connection
Chapter 6 Hardest goodbye
Chapter 7 Back to reality
Chapter 8 Mindset
Chapter 9 Sister day
Chapter 10 Guilty conscience
Chapter 12 The King family
Chapter 13 Ending of an era
Chapter 14 Biggest fan
Chapter 15 The hangover
Chapter 16 The blow up
Chapter 17 LA greetings
Chapter 18 The Kuzma's
Chapter 19 Part of the family
Chapter 20 Preparation
Chapter 21 A day of sorrow
Chapter 22 Media Frenzy
Chapter 23 Old me
Chapter 24 The inevitable
Chapter 25 Aftermath
Chapter 26 Adult decisions
Chapter 27 Bestie knows best
Chapter 28 Where's home at?
Chapter 29 Goodbye party
Chapter 30 Final goodbyes
Chapter 31 Home sweet home
Chapter 32 Big Break
Chapter 33 Deck the halls
Chapter 34 Million dollar deal
Chapter 35 Celebrating
Chapter 36 First Studio session
Chapter 37 Henny honey
Chapter 38 Three amigos
Chapter 39 Photo Frenzy
Chapter 40 Blowing up
Chapter 41 Lies
Chapter 42 Explosive
Chapter 43 Not so Merry Christmas
Chapter 44 Bombshell
Chapter 45 Moving forward
Book two: WAR

Chapter 11 Tattooed arms

780 30 0
By itsHaley_D

KEHLANI

A WEEK LATER

I woke up to the alarm on my phone screaming directly in my ear from under my pillow. I took me a second to remember why I had it set and then it hit me. Kyle was coming in, he refused to let me pick him up at the airport because the media so I was meeting him at the same hotel as last time and then my letter from UCLA should be coming today. It was beyond perfect timing, I was going to open it with Kyle after I told him I applied. I haven't told anyone yet. I reached under my pillow turning off my alarm ripping my phone off the charger throwing on my fluffy Ugg sandals. I ran from my room and down the hall out of the front door to the mailbox to see the mailman driving away. I ran to the mailbox grabbing all the mail. I flipped through it, pushing each envelop in the back of the stack that didn't belong to me. Finally my eyes landed on an UCLA envelop addressed to me. I took a deep breath smiling looking at my ticket to freedom.

"KEHLANI WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I heard dad yell. My head snapped up my eyes darting to across the street to see dad talking to the neighbors in his suit. My hair was in a rats nest on the top of my head, I wore a thin black tank top, black Nike short athletic shorts and no bra.

"CHECKING THE MAIL" I yelled holding it up.

"GET INSIDE" He yelled at me. I walked inside tossing the mail on the coffee table taking my letter with me upstairs. I grabbed my backpack pushing the letter inside it. My phone vibrated in my hand and I seen Kyle texted me.

Kuuuzma🏀- I'm about to land. I'll text you when I get to the hotel

Me- I wish you would have let me pick you up😔

Kuuuzma🏀- I just don't want the media to get crazy. You aren't ready for that, I'd show you off to them like you were the finest diamond in the world but this is on your terms. I'll see you soon 😘😘 Don't forget your overnight bag, I'm keeping you tonight

How wrong he was and he didn't even know it. I was ready to be just Kyle's girl, I didn't want to be with Damarion. If UCLA works out and he's on the same page as me I'm going to breakup with Damarion regardless of what my dad has to say. I sent him back the kiss emoji and went to my closet looking for something cute to wear. I grabbed a white off the shoulder button up crop top, light high waist worn skinny jeans, and underwear. This top looked weird with a bra and Kyle wasn't going to tell me to cover up. I went down the hall to the bathroom getting in the shower doing what I had to do, I made sure my whole body was clean shaved and then got out. I dried off wrapping the towel around my long orange hair. I got dressed and grabbed all my toiletries such as my tooth brush, tooth paste, deodorant, body soap, shampoo and conditioner just the things I'd need for in the morning.

I walked to my room juggling everything dropping it on my dresser. I grabbed my hair and makeup stuff, I blow dried and straightened my hair putting it up in a classy messy bun. Once my hair looked exactly how I wanted it too I did my usual makeup but better than I ever had before. Once I approved of my look I grabbed my Nike duffel bag packing my blow drier, straightener, makeup, and toiletries. I went through my closet picking out an outfit for tomorrow neatly packing it away in the bag. Now shoes...I kept it simple and just put on a pair of black and white Yeezys my grandpa bought me. Then to top off my outfit I put in small simple golden hoops.

I couldn't lie, I looked bomb as fuck. I took an in the mirror video of my outfit and moved sideways showing off my tiny waist and big butt. In the background I had 'Daddy's home' by Usher playing. It seemed like it was appropriate for the occasion. I captioned the video 'Daddy's home🥴🤤'. I grabbed my bags going downstairs seeing Kyle texted me his room number. I walked outside seeing my dad getting in his car.

"Hey I'm going to stay with Alexus tonight" I lied but he believed me with no problem. I was getting too good at this.

"Have fun" He told me and trust me I was going too. I walked over to my car tossing in my bags getting in the drivers seat texting Kyle that I was on my way. Once I finally got there I parked in a closest parking spot grabbing my bags. I walked inside finding the elevators easily. I took it up to the 8th floor and found room 54 surprisingly easily. I knocked the door eagerly, after a moment or two I heard shuffling behind the door and it opened to reveal the man I've missed more than I thought was possible. He looked so amazing he wore black ripped skinny jeans, a white t-shirt, a purple bombers jacket with the sleeves pushed up, there was red writing on it but I didn't care enough about the writing to read it. He had it paired with a pair of red and white Kobes and he wore a pair of glasses that looked so sexy on him.

"KYLE" I yelled way louder than I meant to. I dropped my bags jumping up wrapping my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. He chuckled grabbing my thighs tossing me up his body more.

"I've miss you" I whispered hiding my face in his neck.

"Don't even get me started on how much I've missed you now gimme a kiss. I've went over a month without your kisses" He complained, I laughed pulling away kissing him there was so much raw emotion and longing. The explosions that I craved to feel was outside of this world making it probably one of the best kisses we've shared.

KYLE

I backed into the room without breaking the kiss that I've longed for. Her plump full lips moved in sync with mine. Those crazy weird electrifying emotions flooded my body as the kiss we were sharing was giving away how much we truly missed each other. All I felt was the raw longing, passion, need for one another. I pulled away smiling kissing her swollen lips once more. Her honey brown eyes caught my dark ones and she smiled wider looking at me.

"I'm happy you're here" She told me making me chuckle.

"I hope so. I only came here for you" I told her setting her down grabbing her duffel bag and backpack from the hallway shutting the door.

"You're actually staying the night? I kinda figured I'd have to pull teeth to get that" I said looking at her duffel bag.

"Of course I'm staying. It's been over a month since I've seen you. I need Kuz time" She told me smiling going more into the room making me chuckle.

"Come on back to the bedroom" I said waving her to follow me and she did. I put her duffel bag in the closet and tossed her backpack on a chair. I turned to see she was sitting on the bed staring at me.

"Come here" She whined, I smiled seeing she was about to be clingy but I needed that. I needed to know she wanted me as much as I wanted her, this whole side dude thing was starting to work on my jealousy a little bit. I walked over to the bed laying down putting my arms under my head. She moved getting on top of me straddling me. I was taken back by the move but I was more than welcoming to it.

"You came here lookin bad as fuck. You tryin to make me get you pregnant huh?" I asked her teasingly raising an eyebrow. She laughed shaking her head leaning down kissing me easily.

"In a few years from now" She sent me a playful wink making me laugh.

"God, you're so beautiful" I told her, she blushed looking everywhere but my eyes.

"You're like a god so I don't even know how to compliment you" She told me her golden-brown eyes finding mine as she played with my shirt making me laugh. I ran my hands up her thighs feeling her curves.

"I love the glasses look. It's sexy Kuzma" She told me smirking, I smiled leaning up kissing her easily.

"I can show you some real sexy shit" I whispered against her lips. We've been apart forever, I wanted her to be as close to me as possible. I didn't mean just physically but mentally too.

"I'm counting on it" She whispered against my lips kissing me again pulling away smiling.

"How was your flight?" She asked me. I grabbed her thighs rolling her over onto the bed moving up farther. She followed me cuddling into my body tangling our legs together. I wrapped my arms around her and she did the same to me. I rested my chin on her forehead as her nose went to my chest.

"It felt longer than normal but that's because I knew I was coming home to this" I whispered holding her tighter.

"Are you tired?" She whispered making me shrug.

"I was but now that your here I'm not. How was your time apart from me?" I asked her running my fingers through the perfectly styled orange hair.

"Miserable. I missed you more than I thought I could miss someone" She told me making me smile.

"Me too baby. I didn't realize how hooked I was on you" I whispered closing my eyes. She awed moving angling her head to look at me.

"You called me baby" She smiled brightly at me.

"Is that ok?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Yeah I like it a lot" She smiled snuggling closer to me making me laugh. I hid my face in the crook of her neck. I messed with the bottom of her top running my finger tips down her spine making her shiver against my touch.

"So anything exciting happen to you while you were away?" She asked me quietly. I thought back to our weeks apart but nothing really stuck out.

"No I told you everything already. See the traveling wasn't so bad, we talked all the time" I told her closing my eyes. I could honestly take a nap now that I have her here in my arms, I wonder if she's ever slept with someone like this before. Like tangled up into their bodies or if her and Damarion just laid stiffly next to each other.

"Have you ever slept with someone like this before?" I asked her curiously

"Like what?" She asked me confused

"Tangled up into their bodies?" I asked her curiously. I felt her shake her head no against me and I loved that I was her first for pretty much for everything.

"I've tried to with Damarion the couple times he actually stayed but he waited till I fall asleep and pushed me away" She told me. I swear there was something wrong with that kid but shit his failures work out great for me in the long run.

"So are we doing anything tonight?" She asked me her voice starting to sound just as sleepy as I felt.

"I was thinking dinner later but mainly just me and you spending time together" I told her with a light shrug.

"We can order takeout. I don't want to leave the bed" She told me making me chuckle. Before I was even able to say anything I heard her breathing get deeper and her hands tangled to my shirt. I smiled peeling off my jacket, taking off my glasses putting them to the side letting sleep take me over.

KEHLANI

A COUPLE HOURS LATER

I smiled laughing with Kyle, I sat crisscross on the bed next to him where he laid flat on his back. He was telling me the stories behind his tattoos, I was curious about them and he was more than happy to tell me about them.

"An Ipod? You are so lucky it turned out as good as it did" I told him looking at the tattoo on his arm he called a "hood tattoo".

"It's actually too dark. He had a heavy hand" He told me as I traced the marking on his skin. I thought the tattoos were so attractive and sexy. They made me want to run my hands up his body and feel every part of it.

"I need to pee baby" He told me getting up going into the bathroom that was connected to the bedroom leaving the door cracked. I was so happy he was finally back, I was happy I finally got to feel his hands on me and his arms around me again. I missed him being with me in person. My happy thoughts were cut short when I remembered the UCLA letter and that I needed to talk to him about it. I heard the flush and the sink, I bit my lip taking a deep breath coaching myself up.

"Kyle, I need to talk to you about something serious" I called towards the bathroom. A moment later the door opened wider and he raised an eyebrow at me.

"What's up beautiful?" He asked me leaning against the door frame. I looked at the white bedding messing with it. What if he hates the idea? What if he thinks I'm trying to move too fast? I didn't want to freak him out.

"Baby, you're stressed" He said coming over to the bed sitting down. He picked up my chin making me look at him. His dark brown eyes were soft, caring, and serious.

"What's bothering you?" He asked me softly. I grabbed his hand looking at his tattoos on his arm running my finger tips over them tracing them easily.

"What would think if I went to UCLA instead of UNO?" I asked him curiously. I refused to looked up to those beautiful dark brown eyes. I was terrified of his reaction to the idea so I just stared at his tattoos. He made a fist making his veins pop out and then relaxed.

"Like come to Los Angeles?" He asked me his tone not giving me any hint of what he was feeling or thinking.

"Yeah, me coming to Los Angeles" I whispered. I forced myself to look up into his dark brown eyes that were so easy to get lost in. I couldn't find any emotion in them, I couldn't tell what he was thinking.

"That's a big step Lani" He told me seriously. I turned my head trying to avoid those eyes again but he caught my cheek making me look at him.

"You think it's too soon" I said moving around nervously. His eyebrows scrunched together and I seen the confusion swirling in his eyes.

"No. Fuck no it's not too soon. More like not soon enough, I'd love to have you in LA with me but..." I closed my eyes cringing, nothing good ever came after that word. He'd love to have me there but he can't because whatever reason so I needed to stay here. I knew thats what was about to leave his mouth.

"But we got to talk about it a little bit. My travel schedule has me every where during the season. So just because you're there doesn't mean we won't spend a week or two apart" He told me his words were still and serious.

"Kehlani look at me while we talk about this. I know you're nervous but I'm not going to trash you and put you down like you're use too" He told me. I allowed my eyes to wonder up from the sheets to his dark brown almost eyes. He smiled leaning over kissing my forehead.

"I know you travel and that's ok we can clearly handle that. I'll be in a dorm so it's fine and I'll be busy with classes, I'll make friends. I can survive while you work" I told him truthfully. He smiled chuckling cupping my cheek running his thumb against the sensitive skin.

"I know you will be. I just don't want you to think if you go out there we won't have these gaps because we will" He told me and I nodded my head. I knew that, I'm prepared for him to travel for his games. I want him to still live his normal life even if I'm out there, I want him to go out with his friends, have people over to his house, travel whenever he feels like it or has too.

"I know. I don't except a thing to change because I move to LA" I told him honestly biting my lip. He nodded moving his hand from my cheek.

"If you want to move out there and have me fully on board I want you to be my official girlfriend and I want to be your only boyfriend" He told me his eyes and tone more serious than I had ever experienced either. I was glad we were on the same page, because if I moved out there that's exactly what I wanted too.

"I'm way ahead of you. If you wanted me to move out there then I was going to breakup with Damarion. I don't want anything from here stopping us anymore, Kyle I've never felt like I could just be me until I met you" I told him moving closer, I rested my hands on his neck making him smile.

"Good. I want you to just be you with me. I don't want the extras from you. So you're serious about this?" He asked me and I nodded my head.

KYLE

I couldn't lie, inside I was jumping up and down yelling out of excitement about her coming to LA. She'd be right there with me all the time and I'm sure I could convince her to travel with me on the two week long travel trips. Then once she got out of here and away from her dad a little bit she'd break the hold he had on her and she could finally start living for herself. I wanted that more than anything else, if she wanted to sing I wanted her to sell out Madison Square Garden. She could do that if she just broke whatever hold he had on her.

"I am serious. I already applied, I have the letter in my backpack. I haven't opened it yet" She told me. My eyes grew wide, my lips spread slightly. She already applied? How long has she been thinking about coming out there?

"Well why are you staring at me go get it women" I said shooing her off the bed. She laughed grabbing her backpack pulling out the envelop coming back to the bed sitting crisscross in front of me sitting the letter between us.

"What do you think it is?" She asked me biting her lip nervously

"I know it's an acceptance letter. They'd be stupid not to take you but if it's not are you still going to breakup with Damarion?" I asked her nervously. If they rejected her was she just going to forget about me? I licked my lips as her golden-brown eyes found mine.

"Of course. I can't keep cheating on him, I had like this big break down over it because I felt so guilty. It was the day we went bowling with Lonzo. Then I got in my head that I had to forget about you completely because whatever reason sounded good. I tried to kiss him the way you kissed me and it just didn't work" She sighed hiding her face in her hands not from embarrassment but exhaustion. I didn't know how I felt about what she told me but I wasn't going to make it bigger than it had to be. When B.I called about her acting weird that must have been it. She was breaking up with me in her head.

"He's just not...you. He doesn't come with these tingly feelings and fireworks like you do. Damarion might have been there for me through a lot and he's my best friend but he doesn't compare to one single thing when it comes to you and I can't pretend anymore. It's not fair" She told me bring her face from her hands. I smiled leaning over kissing her lips sweetly, she was choosing me. I could have lived without the her trying to kiss him detail but I didn't care because she was choosing me.

"Well you ready to see if I'm going to be living in New Orleans during the off season or staying home?" I asked her. She smiled at me leaning over stealing one more kiss from my lips. She squealed shaking her head.

"No I can't open. You open it" She told me. I laughed grabbed the letter tearing it open pulling out the piece of paper.

Dear Kehlani King

Congratulations, it's with great pleasure I offer you admission to the University of California, Los Angeles.

I looked up at Kehlani to see her staring at me through her fingers nervously. I smiled at her licking my lips.

"Pack your bags baby, you're coming home with me" I smirked, she screamed tackling me in a hug kissing my cheek taking the letter from me her eyes reading over it.

"Oh my god. I have to go and set up my classes, find a job in Los Angeles, I have to figure out how to get my car all the way to California without driving, I have to find out about the dorms. I hope I don't get a bad roommate" She groaned making me chuckled. I raised an eyebrow at her pulling her between my legs.

"I thought I'd be your roommate?" I asked her leaning down kissing her neck making her eyes close.

"What do you mean?" She asked me confused.

"I just figured you'd come live with me since I'm the only person you knew there. Don't worry about that stuff, I'll help you" I promised leaving another kiss on her sweet skin.

"Kyle we're not even official and you want me to live with you?" She asked me raising an eyebrow.

"Kahlani King will you make me the happiest man ever in this whole wide world and be my girlfriend?" I asked her dramatically making her laugh. She grabbed my face leaning up kissing me.

"Of course, you know I will but moving in?" She asked me. I shrugged kissing her cheek.

"Just think about it. If you really want to live in the dorms that's fine but I have mansion" I teased making her laugh and shake her head. She moved from my grip getting up grabbing her phone off the dresser looking at it. I sighed grabbing my phone getting on Instagram.

"I'm about to follow you" I told her. She was breaking up with Damarion so if the public found her I wasn't worried about it. I went to her page following her turning on her post notifications. I seen she posted a video so I tapped it. She was showing off her outfit and slowly turning. First your eyes caught to how sexy her tiny waist was and then you got a fire view of her butt. She had daddy's home playing behind it and captioned it 'Daddy's home🥴🤤'. I smirked liking the video commenting under it.

Kuz- You already know what about to go down😍😉

"Kyle" She gasped making me laugh. She came over to the bed straddling me. I loved that she was doing this. I smirked resting my hand on her butt while she looked at her phone.

"Daddy's home huh?" I asked with a smirk. She looked up laughing her cheeks blushing.

KEHLANI

I sat on the couch scrolling through the channels trying to find something to watch. Kyle was doing I don't even know what but he was taking forever. There was a knock at the hotel room door, I looked for Kyle to see if he was going to get it but he never turned the corner and the knock came again. Please don't be a crazed murder behind the door. I got up walking over opening door to see a doordash driver. I touched my stomach letting out a breath of relief.

"Kyle Kuzma?" He asked me making me smile.

"Yeah, you have the right room" I smiled, he handed me two filled tied groceries bags. I thanked him shutting the door sitting the bags down on the coffee table as Kyle walked in.

"Sorry baby. I had to talk to my manager about a basketball camp" He said coming over to me as I opened the bags to see it was Chinese.

"It's fine. I get you're a business man" I joked, he smiled coming over sitting on the couch pulling me down onto his lap. I adjusted myself so we were both more comfortable and grabbed the container of orange chicken and chopsticks.

"Well I'm about to have a live in girlfriend. I have to secure the bag" He said smirking at me. I hummed taking a bite out of the chicken looking at him trying not to smile.

"Wow, we just made it official and you're already cheating on. I bet she's ugly" I said looking at my chicken smirking.

"Don't do me dirty like that. She bad as fuck, she's this long orange hair that shines. Then she has these golden brown eyes that just be gettin me stuck. Then her smile just kinda brightens up the room. Then that body. If you only knew the thoughts it gives me" He smirked, I looked at him blushing trying to keep up the jokes but I couldn't even think of anything smart to say back.

"What you don't got nothing to say?" He asked me chuckling but I just playfully rolled my eyes.

"You don't even know if I'm moving in with you" I told him feeding him a piece of my chicken.

"I'll do what LaVar says and speak it into existence. Plus once you see how nice and cozy my house is and then how tiny and not cozy the dorms are you'll be moving your stuff in" He told me with a confident smirk. I rolled my eyes leaning up grabbing an egg roll.

"So do you want to meet my sisters?" I asked him curiously

"Yeah, I figured tomorrow we could go out to dinner. Me, you, your sisters, and niece" He told me shrugging. He leaned up taking me with him grabbing noodles with a fork making me giggle.

"I don't know how to use chopsticks" He defended making me smile.

"Where do you want to go to dinner at? I need to know so I can tell them" I told him reaching for my phone. I seen Damarion FaceTiming me so I rejected it.

"I don't know ask them where they want. I'm cool with a steak" He told me so I texted them exactly what he said. Damarion started calling me again making me roll my eyes and reject it.

"You have to be there with me when I breakup with him so I don't chicken out" I told Kyle taking a bite out of my egg roll.

"I already planned on it. Your dad or him isn't going to force you to stay with him or try to force you to stay in New Orleans. They won't pull that shit with me there and that's a promise" He told me wrapping an arm around my waist protectively. I knew Kyle would have no problem standing up to my dad and telling him just how it was. The idea of Kyle even remotely in the same room as him gave me so much anxiety. My dad was going to murder me and then Kyle adding onto it was going to make it worse.

"Why are you so sure?" I asked knowing my dad wasn't shy about enforcing his plan in front of anyone.

"Because I won't let him. You are a grown women and able to make your own decisions" Kyle shrugged. I bit my lip nervously taking a bite out of my chicken.

"Try this" He said holding his fork up to me. I took the bite he had hovering my lips.

"That would be good with soy sauce" I said grabbing a packet handing it to him. He shrugged tearing it open with his teeth putting it in.

"What are we watching?" He asked me curiously

"I don't know I couldn't find anything worth watching" I said grabbing the remote scrolling through the guide.

"Go grab my firestick from my bag and we'll watch Netflix" He said patting my thigh. I got up going into the bedroom grabbing his backpack finding his firestick. I went back to the living room handing it to him. He got up plugging it into the TV as I sat down. Soon enough he had it hooked up and on Netflix. He came over sitting on the couch pulling my feet onto his lap scrolling through.

"Let's watch a scary movie" I suggested. He nodded and soon enough he turned on The conjuring out of all movies. I squealed moving closer to him making him chuckle.

"What's wrong?" He asked me laughing.

"You picked the only scary movie that actually scares me. No other movie scares me well besides clowns but that's different" I told him. He chuckled pulling me closer to him.

"I'm right here. You don't have to be scared" He told me. We finished eating and watched the scariest movie ever, the whole time Kyle would scare me or ask me what just moved in the dark. I think he only did it so I'd cuddle closer, by time the movie ended I was completely in his lap with my face in his neck. We spent the rest of our night watching movies and stealing kisses from one another.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Kyle above

That's my favorite picture of him 😍😍 he just looks so fine 💦💦

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

232K 9.2K 57
"I am sorry but I love her, I want her. I just don't feel for you anymore." The sound of his heartbeat slowly faded from her mind, and his laugh no...
61.5K 2.3K 61
He didn't want to love her. Hell he didn't even set out to like her. He was supposed to protect her from the paparazzi and overly-obsessed fans. But...
7.5K 133 26
Kendall has always lived a quiet life in a small town in Illinois with her family, friends, and boyfriend Jordan. Her life had been mostly happy othe...
370K 6.8K 50
Silence. "HUH?" He laughs aiming the gun at my head. "Does this scare you, babe," he yells with anger. My heart was beating so fast it felt like I wa...