Why Him? (Draco Malfoy Story)

By Rey_Frost462

My name is Davina Lilith Potter, I'm Harry Potter's little sister. And as if learning about this new life wh... More

Intro
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
News! News! News!
Its up!

Forty-Two

9.5K 207 35
By Rey_Frost462

Blaise and I were running when there was a huge explosion, taking out a wall. We both duck, just missing a large piece of rumble that flee past our heads. I suddenly felt the pain again but my pain.

Getting back on my feet I ran with Balise still beside me. Webegan running faster until we turned into the hall were the room of requirement was.  I saw Draco suddenly grabbing Harry and they were fighting with their fist.

"Draco stop!" I shouted running towards them. They both look up and Harry used it to push Draco off him. He quickly got on his feet ready to charge at my brother but Blaise and I pulled him away from Harry.

I look at my brother who was taking deep breaths. Crabbe and Blaise held draco against the wall as I stood in inbetween of Draco and Harry. I took a small step forward and saw him looking deadly. "Draco."

He look at me and I saw what Blaise meant. He wasn't himself. I saw him struggling to fight something but I couldn't---- the imperius curse.

I walk over to him slwoly Crabb and Blaise still holding him. He tried to break through but he wasnt focusing on anyone but my brother.

I turned to Harry, Ron, and Hermione. "Go!"

"Davina, no-"

"GO!" I shouted Hermione and Ron grabbed Harry and they left.

I heard Crabbe grunting. I look back at Draco who was staring at me, if looks killed I would've been dead.

"Draco." Blaise said. "Snap out of it."

"I'm going to kill her." he hissed.

"No, you won't." Blaise said.

"Let him go." all three boys look at me. "Let him go."

"Davina."

"Let him go!" I rasied my voice looking at Blaise. I reach into my jacket and pulled out his wand. Blaise and Crabbe let him go standing beside him as Draco watch me, glaring at me. I held out his wand and he took it quickly from me.

"You want Harry you'll  have to kill me to get to him."

I step forward as Draco walk closer to me. I glanced at Draco's wand as he raised it halfway, stepping forward I grabbed his wand and rasied it to have it pointed at my chest.

"Go ahead." I notice Blaise looking intensely between us. "If you're still in there Draco, I love you." I saw something in his eyes changing. "I always have. Always will."

He clench his jaw and I saw his hand turning white grabbing his wand tightly.

"I can't." He drop to his knees on the ground. I heard his sobs, then kneeled down to wrap my arms around him.

"I'm sorry." He said sobbing, placing his head on my shoulder.

"It's okay." J look at Balise and Crabbe. "Go. You need to get to hogsmeade, before someone finds you."

"You're letting us go?" Crabbe asked. "After what we-"

"It wasn't your fault, now go." I focused back on Draco and heard the two leaving. "Sshh.... It's okay."

"No." he shook his head and sat up looking at me. "Why would you do that?" he sat up and grabbed either side of my arms. "Why would you risk you're life, Davina? I could've killed you."

Leaning forward, my forehead touching his as I wrap my arms around his neck. "I made a promise that I wasn't going to leave you."

He rasied his hand and ran it through my hair. "I love you, princess."

"I love you too."

There was a loud bang we both duck as something hit the side of the wall. Draco used himself to shield me from some of the blast. I grabbed my wand as we both got up and ran, Draco holding my hand and leading the way. There were death eaters as we made it where the middle fo the battle was. I saw a third year hiding with a few others. There was a arachnid coming close to a couple of kids. I threw a spell at it as it flew back. I ran over, with Draco following behind as we took the kids and we ran to a room where the entrance to Hogsmeade is. There were kids in here as Seamus was helping move a large peice of concerte that was blocking the exit.

"Davina!" I ran over, taking Draco along with me.

"It's stuck."

I look around it and there was a loud growl. Everyone turned and there was a werewolf and dementor at the door.

"Move it, I'll deal with them." Draco went to help Semaus and Dean as they began pushing and trying differenet spell.

"Expecto patrum." I casted the dementor went back but the werewolf stayed, all the childeren were behind me as three death eaters showed up. They began throwing spells as I was blocking them. Alice came, after getting a first year out from under the rubble, and we fought off the four together.

"Got it!" Seamus shouted.

"Go!"

The werewolf lunged at me knocking me back.

I grab his neck holding him away from me as he snarled and wrap his hands around my neck. My wand was out of reach as I kick the werewolf away from me and started crawling away grabbing almost grabbing it but he grabbed my leg pulling me back. I used my other leg and kick him in the face finally grabbing my wand, the werewolf stood and then as I was about to threw a spell something was sent back and fell on the floor dead.

"Davina." Draco help me up when we face another death eater.

"Blood traitor."

I grabbed Draco and apparted him out. We were now behind him when the death eater turned and glared at us.

"Come and get us." I told him as we ran.

"Mind explaining what that was about?" Draco ask as we ran going up the stairs.

"Seamus, Dean, and Alice need to get all the younger students out."

We saw another werewolf and a snatcher.

"Hey, knuckle heads!" they turned. I threw a spell but they stop it and went charging after us.

"And being chased is...?"

We ran down the hall and there were explosions coming from behind.

"You--" He realized what was happening. "You're luring them as bait?"

I was about to respond but something exploded behind us, sending us both flying in the air and we landed on our back. We were in one of the courtyards on our backs. My head hit a rock hard and everything began to blur.

"Davina."

I turned on my side as Draco got on his feet and came towards me.

"Hey, you alright?"

"Well, well..."

We were surrounded by two death eaters, a werwolf, and a snatcher.

"Look what we have here. The Malfoy heir on his knees for the enemy." there was snickering. "Go on Draco." I recongized one of the death eaters he was the one who interrogated me months ago. "Kill her and let this be done with."

Draco glared at the death eater.

"What are you waiting for?" the snatcher said.

I saw the wand that was inside Draco's jacket. Carefully I slid my hand inside while Draco reach for his, not taking his eyes off the death eater.

We began attacking them, knocking them back and paralzing some. When we got them down I grabbed my wand from the ground and theirs. I look at Draco when someone grabbed me from behind and wrap his arm around my neck while Draco rasied his wand poting at the person behind me.

"Lower your wand." the snachter told him. I slid my hand into my belt and felt the hilt of something cold. He dug his knife into my neck as I let out a whince which made Draco look at me and hesitant.

Draco look at me and the snatchers arm tigthen.

Instanly Draco did as he was told, and the snatcher losen his grip. "There, now what should we do about you?" he whispered into my ear.

I grip the hilt tightly and pulled it out, plunging the kinfe into his side and then pulled it out. He screamed in agony, as I brought broke away from his grasp and ran into Draco's arms. I buried my face into Draco's shoulder's hearing the snatcher's grunt and shout in pain. It stop and I knew he was dead.

"Sshhh." he said holding me close. "It's alright."

I glance behind Draco and saw what I had done to a death eater. There was blood everywhere, enough to make me nauseous. I buried my face into Draco shoulder, closing my eyes.

"Its okay." Draco said hugging me close.

I heard a sharp pain in my head. Let out a grunt the pain sharpened as I went on my knees.

"You have fought valently, but in vain. I do not wish this, every drop of magical blood spills is a terrible waste. I then command my forces to retreat, in their absence dispose your dead with dignity. Harry Potter, I now speak directly with you. On this night you have allowed your friends to die for you rather than face me yourself, there is no greater dishonor. Meet me in the forbidden forest and confront your fate, if you shall not do this I shall kill every last man, women, and child that tries to conceal you from me."

Then he was gone.

"Harry."

~~~~~~~~~~

I was in the great hall when I saw everyone who died. My heart broke into a thousand pieces but it hurt more when I saw the entire Weasley family gathered around someone. I walk over and saw Fred was dead.

"Ginny..." She came to me and we both cried. I saw how broken George had become. He lost his other half, his brother.

"I'm so sorry." Ginny said stepping back.

"What?"

She wipe her tears and her eyes went somewhere behind me. I turned and saw a familar coat standing out. I slowly walk over and the second I was there I feel on my knees and began a mess.

"No. No. No. No." I placed a hand to cover my mouth as I saw both Dora and Remus dead.

Someone place their arms around me pulling me pulling me to their chest. It didn't take long to realize who it was. I cried into his chest, sobbing harder my body shaking uncontrollably.

"I'm sorry." Draco whispered to me.

"Davina?" I glanced up and saw Harry. He kneeled down as Draco let me go and I leaned against Harry. "I have to go to Dumbledore's office." he told me. I look at him as he look at Draco. "Look after her."

"Of course."

"Harry?"

He got up and walk out.

Professor Mcgonagall walk over as I was given a parchment and a quill. I quickly wrote a letter to Mrs. Tonks on what happened. Afterwards Draco help me to cover their bodies with a cloth.

"How much did you know her?" Draco asked looking at his cousin.

"Since fourth year. Um... we were close, like family."

"I've said terrible things about her, Professor Lupin too."

"Its not your fault."

"I know, but you can't remove the guilt."

"I need some air." I got up and walk out of the great hall feeling all four walls closing in. When I did walk out, I saw Harry talking to Ron and Hermione. The three look at me as Harry walk down, when our eyes met I knew what he was going to say. Or rather what he was going to do.

"No." I shook my head not wanting to believe it.

"You know the spell to break the link."

"Harry, you can't!"

"Davina." He grabbed both my hands. "I need you to break it. I will not let you die because of me, you have to help Ron and Hermione destroy the snake it's the only way."

"I'm not losing you too." I was sobbing in the empty corridor. I embrace my brother tightly, and so did he.

"We both knew why this has to happen, little sister. You know I'll always be by your side."

We pulled apart as I felt everything in me crashing down. He let me go as he walk over to someone behind me.

"Promise me you'll protect her."

"I promise." I heard Draco say.

I couldn't watch Harry walk away to his death. I closed my eyes crying, feeling Hermione pulling me into a hug as Harry left. I could feel him, his presence leaving.

"So... how do we break the link?" Hermione ask.

I pulled away and pulled out a old piece of folded parchment with the spell. One side had the link and the other how to unlinked. Hermione took the page and look at it.

"We should get Slughorn, there are the potion essential, and Neville, Alice, Ginny, Seamus could help. We need Professor McGonagall "

"Let's go."

We entered an empty classroom. Draco was helping Slughorn with the potion along with Hermione.

"Davina would you please sit up here." McGonagall told me.

I sat on top of a long table as Mr. Weasley, Neville, Alice, Seamus, Ron, Professor McGonagall, and Flitwick were standing around.

"There." Slughorn watch as Draco walk over with a small cup. "This is the potion Dumbledure had wrote down. It should slow the process down enough to finish the spell."

I look at Draco as he stood in front of me. Taking the cup, I grabbed his hand as he held them in his. I took a deep breath and drank the potion feeling it sudden dark cold chill throughout my body. Hermione took the cup from me.

"When... when would we know to beigin?" I heard Mr. Weasley ask.

I laid down Draco never letting go of my hand and standing beside me.

"We'll know."

"And if this doesn't work?" Alice ask.

"Alice..."

"We've already are going to lose Harry." Alice said as I played with Draco's hand to distract me but I could still hear the conversation. "If we're not doing this right we could lose her too-"

"Harper would shut up!" Draco hissed.

"Hey, you bloody-"

"Enough!" Neville said. "Professor?"

"It has to be while..." I heard her getting choke up. "While harry is..."

I glanced at Draco. "You look dreadful." I whispered to him zoning out of everyone else's conversations.

He had a ghost smlie forming on his face. "Look who's talking." he whispered back. My other hand went to his cheek, his eyes lock onto mine. "I can't lose you."

"You won't." I raised the pedant. "I think you saw to that."

"That's before I knew what was going on."

"Promise me something.... If this does go south... promise me you'll live. Go on with your life without me."

"Davina, I can't do that..."

"Yes you can. I want you too."

I started coughing and gasping for air, then felt something sharp piercung through me, I grip Dracos hand tightly as the pain began to spread and felt cold. It was  like my soul was being torn into thousands pieces, in a thousand different ways.

"Its happeneing." Professor McGonganll said.

"What is....?"

"Do it now!" I screamed feeling pain and beginning to drift in and out. The pain became hard and harder to bare. My vision was beginning to give out. I was barely seeing anything but what I could see was about eight small lights illuminating.

There was more pain and finally I felt something release inside of me. The pain was gone I felt very tired and weak.

"Davina."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to the small park where I'd go with Harry on our way the durselys home. Sitting up there was no one around. How did I get here?

Once I stood I look around and there was no one not even the sound of a car.

"Davina." I turned and saw her.

"Mom?"

She smiled and I immediately ran towards her embracing her.

"Oh my sweet little girl."

"Mom." I held her tightly but the weird thing was it felt surreal.

She pulled back a bit as we look at each other. "Oh sweetheart..." she brush a strand of my hair back. "You've grown into such a beautiful young lady."

"I miss you mom."

She gave me asmile, as I saw tears forming in her eyes. "I miss you, Harry as well. Merlin it feels like a whole in my heart."

"Harry, is he..?"

She just look at me.

"I have to get back." I look around. "I have too..." I saw the sad look on her. "Mom? What is it?"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Third POV

"She's not waking up." Professor Flitwick said.

"Did we do something wrong?" Neville asked.

Draco was shutting everyone out. He was beside her the entire time, and was quite.

"It's been almost half an hour and there hasn't been any response." someone else said.

If they weren't going to shut.

"Prehaps it's best we take her body back-"

"She's not dead." Draco made everyone in the room quite. "I'd know if she--"

"The necklace was cast with a protectiong spell." Ron said. "You saw it Malfoy, it exploded and broke into pieces. Its hople--"

Draco had shot up and  pinned Ron against the wall. Everyone was shocked and scared, but no not even Arthur dare advance on the young Malfoy.

"Mr. Malfoy release him." McGonagall said in a careful tone, almost like she sounded heartbroken for him.

"You're lucky you're her friend you git." Draco let him go and walk back to Davina.

Alice was stuck. She walk over to Professor McGonagall and told them to get everyone out.

"Alice." Seamus said coming to her.

"Just go Seamus." she told him and he did along with everyone else. Once everyone was gone she turned to her best friend who was still laying unconsious and Malfoy.

"You know, you're exactly making this easy, Malfoy."

"He had it coming."

"Okay." She walk over and sat on the other side of Davina. "Malfoy, she's been linked to Harry since the day she was born. If she survived the process her body needs to adapt without that connection. For all we know--"

"I can't lose her Alice." Draco look at her. "I don't care about anything else in this damn world."

"What about the promise you made her?" he look away. "Don't you think I heard it? She wants you to live, even if this all goes bloody south and Voldemort somehow wins. All we need to do is kill that bloody snake that's with Voldemort and killing him should be easy."

"I'll be empty."

"So will I." Aice glanced at her friend. "She's my best friend, she's ginny best friend. What about everyone else she's cared about you're not the only one to lose her Malfoy. But we can't let their death be in vain."

Malfoy look at Alice before drifting his eyes to Davina.

Someone came running down and the two look up. It was a Madame Pomfrey. "Professor McGonagall is calling you both. They're here."

"I'm not leaving her."

"I'll take her." Madame Pomfrey. "We'll be in the great hall."

"So are you going to fight Malfoy?"

Draco was hesitant but knew who things were going to go..

He help madme pomfrey, well he did, carry Davina upstiars and laid her down on a table with Mrs. Weasley. He leaned forward and place a kiss on her forehead.

"Always." He whispered to her. "You'll always be the one I love."

Mrs. Weasley and Draco walk out as everyone went out while Voldemort and his amry walk behind him. There was no trolls, no giants, just the snatcher, werewolves, and death eaters. Draco remained in the back. And there held by Hagrid was his body.

Harry Potter was dead.

"Pledge your allinace or die."

Lucius held onto a wand he had gotten, the one he had use to place a imperius curse on Draco. He summoned his son but realize that Draco had broken free from the curse. And when his parents had summoned him Draco didn't move. Alice, Hermione, and Semaus look at him as they called his name. Draco couldn't. He just couldn't. But someone did. Simon did.

He walk over everyone gasping and shocked. Ginny and Alice knew what had happened and weren't pitying him for a moment. Simon's parents were also among the death eaters siding with Voldemort.

"Simon." Voldemort look very pleased. He embrace him and Simon went off to his family smiling michesvoulsy at everyone else.

"Anyone else?"

But just then Neville stumble forward.

"Well I must say, I did hope for better."

Everyone laughed.

"What's your name young man?"

"Neville Longbottom." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

443K 10K 48
UNDER MAJOR EDITING!! IN WHICH - the potter siblings drive draco crazy, both in different ways warning: i really hate this fic lol i'll try to fix it...
7.8K 136 7
Okey so this is not the best story you will ever read but give me creds for trying! A Draco Malfoy fanfiction! Lucius is abusing Draco just because h...
84.2K 836 45
Lilith Black was ignored her whole life. Her father, Sirius Black didn't care about her, because she didn't give a fuck about the Order of the Pheoni...
559K 6.7K 68
Draco Malfoy love story. Friendship, smut, love, hate, trauma, broken hearts. MATURE CONTENT! 15+ ~ "You make me feel like I'm stuck, Emelia! Like I'...