Scarred ✔️

By CassandraJamesxx

"Dammit woman, talk to me," Zach pulls at his hair in frustration; his eyes never leave my face. There is a h... More

aesthetics
blurb and playlist
00 | scarred accidents
01 | scarred welcomes
02 | scarred feelings
03 | scarred skins
04 | scarred encounters
05 | scarred envy
06 | scarred birthdays
08 | scarred explosions
09 | scarred vengeance - Z a c h
10 | scarred insecurities
11 | scarred agony
12 | scarred contracts
13 | scarred weddings
14 | scarred blushes
15 | scarred concerns
16 | scarred diaries- Z a c h
17 | scarred kisses
18 | scarred revelations
19 | scarred violence
20 | scarred decisions
21 | scarred beginnings
22 | scarred jealousy
23 | scarred again
24 | scarred ache- Z a c h
25 | scarred all over
epilogue
❥ ❥ ❥ ❥ ❥

07 | scarred entertainments

83.8K 3.5K 725
By CassandraJamesxx

.

Chapter Seven

.

A few days passed. Zach didn't bring up what happened at the night of my birthday and I couldn't bring it up, even if I wanted to.

The birthday present that he gave to me consisted of a small blue diary with a velvet cover and an expensive necklace that had blue and white stones embedded in it. The necklace was way too expensive for me so I had snuck into his room that night and left it on his nightstand.

He didn't mention anything about it either.

Today, thankfully, is the weekend. Waking at five in the morning is tiring and for once, I could wake up late.

Zach had been impressed by my work as his assistant and he would give me small compliments. Considering that he never gave compliments, 'Miss Sallow, the reports were better than before' was a compliment.

I have to go to a club with Julie tonight and I am quite nervous. Zach wouldn't mind, would he? I shouldn't even care about that.

I wake up at two in the afternoon. I then take a long refreshing shower using those fruit-flavoured fancy bath bombs. I then change into a comfortable pair of shorts and a sleeveless blouse, not caring about the scars exposed.

I always knew that I shouldn't be ashamed of my scars but I couldn't bring myself to expose them. However, today I am feeling more confident.

Zach has seen them anyway. And if doesn't like my body, then so be it. I don't give a damn about him, or anyone liking my scars or not.

Sighing, I make my way downstairs. The sweet aroma of chocolate makes my mouth water and I almost run to the kitchen. I smile at the sight of the chocolate cake sitting in the middle of the table.

"Good morning, Miss Sallow," Lily greets me and I give her a huge grin. She chuckles and says, "help yourself."

Smiling like an idiot, I grab a plate and cut myself a piece of cake before stuffing it into my mouth. I refrain myself from moaning aloud. It is so delicious.

Suddenly, a huge thud makes me jump. A series of profanities follows next. I, along with Lily, hurry to find the source. Once we're at the foot of the staircase, I gasp at the sight.

Zach is on the ground, cursing at the stair. I silently laugh at the sight while Lily tries to contain her laughter. Zach turns to face me and gives a death glare. That makes me laugh even harder.

However, all of us freeze when a weird voice comes from my throat, like a small 'ha'. My laughter dies down. Did I... did I just make a noise? My heart beats wildly and I take some steps back before completely turning around and walking wherever my feet take me.

I find myself in the dining room. I sit down in one of the chairs and lay my head on the table. I almost screech in fear when I hear a noise in my side.

I raise my head and look at Zach sitting next to me. He has a small smile in his face and he looks like he is proud.

Because I made a noise?

I take his appearance in. His brown hair is messy, giving that sexy vibe. His green eyes are twinkling and I realize he is shirtless. I gulp when I see the muscles and I look away hurriedly, hoping he didn't catch.

I hear him chuckle and I suck in a breath when his hand holds my face and his thumb caresses my red cheek. I sniff the air. No alcohol this time.

My eyes almost flutter close at the sensation. My heart skips a beat when his eyes fall to my lips.

Oh boy.

His thumb comes to my bottom lip and he runs his thumb over it. I part my lips. My stomach feels funny.

"There was something in your lips," he explains himself, his voice comes husky. He smirks at my reaction and I pull away, sighing exasperatedly. He stifles a laugh when I glare at him. He got me feeling like a hormonal teen.

I stand up, grab another plate, cut myself a huge slice of the chocolate cake and walk away. I sense his eyes on me the entire time.

Once I am finished with the cake, I walk to my closet and look at the dress Julie and I bought it for me. It's a black full sleeves dress that comes to my knees. It is fitting at the waist and flowy afterwards. Classy yet sexy, like Julie said.

I change into it and let my hair be the way it is. I wear light make-up except for the dark red lipstick. Satisfied with my look, I wear black stiletto heels and walk downstairs.

I feel disappointment settle in me when I don't see Zach around. A part of me wanted him to see me like this, all dolled up. The thoughts scare me, the feelings I had for him were returning.

My phone vibrates signalling that Julie was here.

I walk outside and bite my lips at the shocked expression in Julie's face. I open the passenger door and sit next to her.

"You live with Zachary Kane," she states with eyes as wide as saucers. I giver her a sheepish smile. "I wish you could give me details," she pouts before starting the engine and her car roars to life. We reach the club in no time.

Julie has a red dress on and her hair is braided. She looks beautiful with minimal makeup and her arms and thighs don't even have scars. I force the thought away.

Julie doesn't leave my hand once and I am thankful for that. If I were lost, I would have never been able to contact her and... I don't even want to think about what could happen. It would be like living in the streets all over again. We dance for a while before my phone rings in my purse.

I take it out and my eyes widen when I see it's Zach that's calling me. Does he not realize that I can't speak? There's no point in calling. Huffing, I put it back on my purse and join Julie on the dance floor.

A couple of guys try to hit on us but I think they get the wrong idea that we are lesbians or something. Maybe it was because I wouldn't leave her alone and was constantly attached to her hip. She didn't seem to mind.

After about two hours, we decide to leave. On our way back, Brett calls Julie and they have a small fight. So, unfortunately, Brett wanted a serious relationship and Julie, who had an abusive ex-boyfriend, wasn't ready yet.

And Brett didn't like the idea of her in a club. What an ass, he can't control her like that. They aren't even in a relationship! I felt bad for her.

So, she bawled her eyes out the entire way and I was really scared that she'd end up killing us both because she was the driver. So, I pointed to the ice cream parlour and she understood what I wanted to say. We bought a tub of vanilla ice cream and that thankfully, helped a little. I wish I could give her a long ass lecture.

Exhausted, I sigh when Zach's gate comes to view. Smiling at Julie and wiping her wet cheeks I wave her goodbye and walk inside, hoping she'd reach home alive.

However, I halt in my steps when I see a pissed of Zach at the front door.

I gulp and take a deep breath before walking until I am face to face with him. I look at the enraged green eyes that are darker than ever.

Why is he so angry anyway?

Just because I stay in his house shouldn't mean I have to ask his permission every time I go outside, right?

.

unedited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

270K 10K 35
Please vote and comment! My goal is at least 2k likes and 100 comments :) This story is as realistic as life gets. Please enjoy it, it is my first st...
5.2K 427 21
Savannah goes on holiday with her boyfriend, Theo, and her friends. She thinks she loves Theo more than anything and Theo gives her the world. They'r...
1.2M 34.9K 49
I looked up at his towering height, as he crashed his lips to mine. Fire and passion in a whirlwind, as his lips coaxed mine open. His kisses brought...
298K 17.7K 26
"Why can't you just let your guard down for once and trust me?" Karen demanded angrily. His dark eyes blazed at her statement. "What, did I hit a s...