Never Letting Go [Being Edite...

By innocentuniverse

They were the best of friends when they were little. But at the age of ten, one moved away. Now, seven years... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE! NOT AN UPLOAD!
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
~Epilogue~
~Epilogue: Part 2~
GREAT NEWS! :D
THANK YOU! {author's note}
Author's Note

Chapter 15

6.3K 126 21
By innocentuniverse

Chapter 15

When I arrived home, I was shocked to find it empty. At first I thought my parents might just be sleeping until I realized that their car hadn't been in the drive way.

I shrugged, figuring that they were probably at a friend's house visiting or maybe they stopped by my aunt's house.

I yawned, suddenly tired.

Walking up the steps to my room, I put on a pair of Victoria's Secret yoga pants that had the words 'PINK' on the back of them.

I also grabbed a white tank top and a blue sweatshirt that said 'LOVE PINK' on the back.

I guess you could say I love Victoria's Secret.

Throwing my hair up in a ponytail, I hopped onto my bed and turned the TV on.

'The Vow' was on and since I love that movie and Channing Tatum, I decided to watch it.

Half an hour later, I was about to fall asleep when I heard a noise. The front door opened and I heard soft chatter and footsteps.

In confusion, I stepped out of bed and walked out of my room.

Downstairs, my dad and mom were hoisting Shane up, helping him stand upright.

He's drunk.

My eyes went wide as I slowly walked down the stairs silently.

No one noticed me until I reached the bottom step. My dad had looked over Shane's shoulder at my mom, until his eyes locked on mine.

I stood there frozen. I was scared, honestly. You always here stuff about drunk people being abusive and doing stupid stuff.

When I was little, I used to think that Shane and I wouldn't be like that.

But now I knew that I was the only one that wouldn't be like that.

Shane already was and probably already had been.

"Evie," my dad said, shocked.

My mom's eyes then wandered over to me.

"Sweetie, can you stay right there for a second?" She asked.

Like I had a choice. Even if I wanted to move, I couldn't. I was too scared.

My parents disappeared from view, probably heading to the living room to sit Shane down on the couch.

I took deep breath, trying to calm my heart rate down.

A minute later, my dad walked over to me. "Shane wants to talk to you," he said.

He nodded his head in the direction of the living room.

When I didn't say anything or move, he continued. "He won't hurt you sweetie," he said.

I took a deep breath and nodded, walking into the living room.

If only my dad knew that in order to hurt someone, it doesn't have to be physically. Sometimes mentally and emotionally is worse.

When I walk into the living room, my mom has Shane sitting on the couch.

When she notices that I'm there though, she gives me a small smile and squeezes my shoulder gently as she makes her way out of the room.

"You wanted to talk to me?" I ask.

I don't bother sitting down on the couch. I just stand near the doorway.

Shane doesn't answer me for a while. When I think that he's never going to answer and that I should just walk away, he speaks.

"I'm sorry."

"For what?" I ask because if you ask me, there are a lot of things he should be sorry for.

"This," he slurs. "I know you and drunkies," Shane says, a small smile on his face. "You hate it. But at the same time, you hate me. So it all works out."

"Well, I wouldn't hate you so much if you weren't such a jerk to me," I tell him.

"I have my reasons."

"Well I wouldn't know."

"Evie-"

"Why Shane? Why does everyone but your best friend since birth know what happened? Or am I just not your best friend anymore?"

"Evie, stop."

"Why? Why should I stop when I'm constantly being reminded of something you won't tell me? When my best friend - or at least I think he is - comes home drunk when he knows I'm scared? All because of one thing that happened that I have no idea about."

"Evie," Shane said warningly.

"I'm so tired of all of this. Your constant changes in mood. Your secretiveness. So my cousins can know but I can't? Why? Do you think I'm going to judge you? I'm so-"

"Stop it!" Shane screams as he punches the wall. He's now standing by the clear hole in our mint green walls. I watch with wide eyes as he shakes his hand around, gripping his knuckles.

"Fuck," he says.

But I don't stay around any longer. Instead, I turn around and dash out of the room and back up to my bedroom, making sure to lock my door.

Turning my TV off, I crawl into bed as I begin to silently weep. Eventually, I cry myself to sleep.

[][][][][]

"I don't know how much longer I can do this for," I tell Cassidy.

I didn't feel like seeing Shane today and I felt like if I saw Alex today it would kind of be awkward. So instead, I phoned Cassidy and asked her if she was free.

We decided to meet up at the mall to shop and catch up on things.

"I'm sure everything will work in the end. Just don't think about it too much. I mean, you know Shane more than pretty much anyone in this town does. You know that sometimes, he just needs time," she tells me.

Then she steps out of the dressing room, wearing the cute, tight, black dress that comes down to her mid-thigh. "How do I look?" She asks, smiling as she examines herself in the mirror

"I love it," I say, smiling at her before turning serious again. "And that's what everyone'a saying. 'Give him time.' I just don't know how much time he needs! This is longer than usual." But then again, he's changed, I add in my mind.

"I'm sure sooner or later, he'll break and everything will come spilling out of him," she says as she walks back into the dressing room and changes back into her regular clothes. A few moments later, she steps back out and smiles at me.

"Ready to go?" She asks.

"Yeah. I have a family dinner I have to go to anyways," I sigh as we walk towards the register so Cassidy can ring up her dress and the few other items she has.

"So," she says while the cashier rings her up and checks her out at the same time. She's either totally oblivious or it's happened a lot before. Cassidy turns to me, resting her elbow on the counter. "You want to come to a party with me, again? This one will be more of a party party," she says before handing the cashier her debit card.

"It's going to be at one of my friend's house. His name's Drake and his parents are going to be away for like two weeks. They're going to their friends wedding and then hanging out somewhere afterwards. He's not exactly sure when he'll have the party but it'll be soon."

I shrug. I mean, what do I have left to loose? Cassidy thanks the cashier as she takes her bags and we begin to walk out of the store.

"Sure, why not? Just let me know what day it is when you find out and I'll just check it out and confirm it and everything."

"Great," she says, smiling. "Now, you have to get back home so we should go before traffic begins."

[][][][][]

"So, how's L.A.? I hear that it's really hot up there but there's a lot to do and you see celebrities a lot."

Jessica's been talking non-stop, constantly asking me questions about Los Angeles and what it's like there, etc.

I admit, I missed my cousins too and I enjoy talking to them but sometimes a girl can get really tired.

"Um, excuse me for a second. I'm going to go get some water," I tell her.

She smiles and nods before grabbing her phone and rapidly tapping her screen.

I stand up and walk out to the kitchen where I can hear my parents and my aunt and uncle chatting in the room next door.

Where Shane is located is a complete mystery to me. I would say that I don't care, but I do, because I'm trying to avoid him again.

When I see that the only people in the kitchen are Rocky - their dog - and I, I walk over to the fridge and grab a bottle of vitamin water.

I check my surroundings once again before leaning back against the counter and chugging a quarter of the bottle down.

"Eves." His voice is cool, smooth, and even somewhat gentle. It shows no trace of our encounter last night.

I cap the bottle and begin to walk away, back to Jessica. Somehow, Shane manages to stick his arm out in front of me before I can even move my leg.

"Listen, we need to talk," he tells me.

Oh, so now he wants to talk?

"There's nothing to talk about," I say before slipping under his arm and retreating to the living room.

That's the end of discussion.

A/N:

So this chapter seems to be a little bit longer than usual. Or, idk. Maybe it's just the way it looks on here.

Anyways, this chapter is to celebrate reaching 6,000 reads on this story - my biggest accomplishment yet.

I was planning on uploading this tomorrow but my mom told me to go to bed and then started humming and singing - much to my annoyance - so I figured I'd just finish this.

Anyways, please vote, comment, and fan! Thanks<3

I absolutely love each and every one of my squishies to death. You're all simply amazing. <3

I might upload later on tomorrow, I'm not sure.

Don't forget to follow me on twitter @xoaidinerz_379

Well, that's it. Have a great day/night (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.5K 480 46
Olivia or Livy for short. She has been through a lot. More than you can possibly imagine. She has lost touch with her true self. Old Livy may still e...
393 31 18
I meet a guy named Shane and their is ups and downs along the way. He tells me he loves me but is it true? He has maybe only 7 months to live. And a...
2.8M 58.1K 50
[BOOK 1] [NOT EDITED] ❝if you were to describe me in one word, what would it be?❞ she had the perfect life, with ideal parents, loving family however...
44 0 11
Kendall has this perfect life with a pretty girlfriend, the most popular girl in the school, Daisy Kacke. The perfect friends and grades but will hi...