1. Amberstone | āœ“

By chrltt-t

āš’‚š’”š’•š’“š’‚ š’Šš’š’„š’š’Šš’š’‚š’š’•, š’”š’†š’… š’š’š’ š’š’ƒš’š’Šš’ˆš’‚š’š’•.āž (the stars incline us, they do not bind us... More

Author's Notes
1. The Truth about Prophecies
2. Their Birth
3. Her Fate
4. Jason Wayland
5. Eight Years Later
6. Mother?
7. You Will Return It All
8. Prince of Iftia
9. The Girl with Amber Eyes
10. New Moon
11. The Queen's Plan
12. Lylia
13. Jason
14. Nadia
15. It Hurts
16. The House in the Mountains
17. The Execution
18. Elianna's Gift
19. First Meeting, Ten Years Later
20. Eli
21. His Nightmare, Her Lullaby
22. I Don't Sleep At Night
23. A Vow of Vengeance
24. Rowan's Knights
25. Iftia
26. Royal Doctor
27. First Day in Iftia
28. Royal Medical Exam
29. Moonshine
30. Medical Records
31. Please Don't Cry
32. Second Prince of Ifita
33. Nvre Palace
34. Haunting Nightmares
35. Thethia's Visit
36. Jealousy
37. Distance
38. Crystal Clear
39. In the Shadows
41. Elizabeth
42. Those Eyes
43. Heartfelt Feelings
44. Rivian Crisis
45. Truth Be Told
46. The Border
47. Fever
48. Part of the Plan
48.5. Veilstein Manor

40. Stay with Me

10.1K 558 115
By chrltt-t

Four days later. 
Iftia: Lyx Palace, Elianna's Bedchamber

Rowan

"When will she wake up?" Rowan asked, holding Elianna's hand with one hand and sweeping wisps of hair away from her face with the other hand. Days had passed since she lost consciousness and he felt the crack in his heart to see her complexion pale and her breathing shallow and faint. 

"Your Highness, I apologise for not having an answer for that. Lady Elianna exhausted her gift and completely drained her energy. For her to be still alive, it's already a miracle," Professor Hamley sighed. "I will check on her again tomorrow." 

"Thank you, Professor Hamley," Rowan gave a slight nod to the old man as he packed everything back into his bag.

"It is my honour. Besides, Lady Elianna is one of my favourite students. I would give in my best to help her," Professor Hamley strapped his medical bag over his shoulder and left the bedchamber.

Rowan held onto her hand and rested his forehead on it. Please wake up, love. I missed you.

Elianna

"Rowan, you should rest." 

Amidst the heaviness she felt in her head, she heard a familiar voice as she scrunched her eyes before fluttering them open. Her vision blurred and the bright light from the room shone uncomfortably, blinding her. She blinked several times, attempting to sharpen her vision and adjust to the light. A shadow hovered above her and she still struggled to see clearly. 

"Eli?" 

Rowan's face appeared right in front of her. His blue eyes dulled into a deeper shade of cerulean as they stared right into hers.

He really should rest. 

Sunken eyes and the dark crescents underneath it was proof of his lack of rest. She wanted to say something but her heart was aching badly at the sight of his tiredness. Slowly, she raised her hand to cup his cheeks, her fingers traced along the short stubble that grew along his jaw. It all felt like a dream to see him in front of her. 

There was a small pause between them before Rowan leaned down, holding her tightly against him. She looked ahead and saw Ilias smiling at her with great relieve before he walked out of her room and gave them the time to be alone. She folded her arms over his shoulders and he buried his head into the crook of her neck as he inhaled deeply. Even when he didn't speak a single word, she was sure that he had a lot in his mind. 

Unable to deny, she was enjoying being this close to him. His stubble brushed against her neck and a breathless laugh bubbled up at the ticklish feeling. Moving her hand to the back of his head, she tangled her fingers within the short strands of his dark hair. She adjusted herself and pulled him close to her, making sure that she closed up any possible space between them. Finally, she felt him relax in her hold and he placed his entire body weight on her. Instead of the crushing feeling of a heavyweight, the way he leaned into her was unexpectedly satisfying as it reminded her that whatever that was happening was real.

"I'm sorry, I'm probably crushing you," he steadied himself and lifted his weight off her. She immediately missed his warmth and the pressure that was encasing her a moment ago.

"I don't mind," she smiled weakly.

A faint smile appeared on his face before he turned to look away and covered his face with his hand. Almost in a rush, he backed away from her and left the bed. Her hand shot out to hold onto his wrist and she asked hoarsely, "Where are you going?" 

"To the bath, love. I am embarrassed that you saw me looking like that," he replied, his voice deep and soft.

"I don't mind," she chuckled. "But alright, please come back quickly." 

Rowan adjusted the blanket for her and tucked her in before he walked towards the bathroom. She could hear the faucet running and her face warmed at the thought of him taking a bath in her bedchamber.

When he returned, he was back to his usual look — cleanly shaven and fresh-looking. She stared as he approached and the bed dipped under his weight. There was a slight tug when he pulled the covers up and he occupied the space beside her. He shifted close to her and circled an arm around her waist, positioning her close to him. Embarrassed, she wanted to wiggle out of his hold but her body was too weak to move. 

Everything that happened up until this point still felt surreal. Elianna remembered losing control over her shadows and she had also pushed him away out of panic and fear. Moreover, before every of those, there was heavy tension that hung uncomfortably between them and the upsetting news of a marriage arrangement. With many questions in her mind, she wasn't able to express it all except to call his name in a careful manner, "Rowan?" 

"What is it, love?" he replied with a gruff voice that caused her toes to curl.

"Are you real?" she checked, wanting to know that she wasn't dreaming about all these.

"Yes," he chuckled gently. "Do you want to make sure of it?"

She wasn't sure what he meant but she nodded. The next moment, he let go of her and pushed himself up. Before she could be disappointed over the sudden emptiness, he hovered above her and leaned in so that their bodies were pressed together. Her heart stuttered when he lowered his head into the nook of her neck. His warm breath tickled her and his soft lips kissed lightly onto the sensitive skin, sending an unfamiliar tingling sensation all around her body.

"Your heart is beating really fast," he breathed, planting another soft kiss on her neck where her pulse could be felt. His husky voice sent her heart into overdrive as the heat of embarrassment crept into her and went right under her skin. His hands roamed from her back down to her waist and held her firmly to him as he nibbed gently on the bare skin of her shoulder, trailing up the length of her neck and along the curve of her cheekbones.

"Rowan," she moaned softly and her body quivered at the little shocks of ecstasy that flowed through her veins. Her body seemed to align quickly with the sensations, but her heart thumped nervously as there was a nagging feeling of fear within her. She had never felt this way before and she was surprised by how she didn't even sound like herself. When he pressed his lips on the sensitive spot just below her ear, she inhaled sharply.

"Is this enough?" he whispered into her ear before his teeth caught her earlobe. She arched her back and lifted her hands to curl on his shoulder, tugging on him weakly.

"Please..." she whimpered, unsure whether she wanted him to stop or give her more.

He shifted slightly, putting a small space between them so that their bodies no longer touched. He rested his forehead on where his lips tasted a moment ago and he said her name softly, "Eli."

She shuddered at the sound of her name and her body temperature rose to a feverish level. She panted softly while trying to catch her breath. He moved her gently to the side and he went back to lie beside her, tucking her close to him. Her back was pressed firmly to his front and she could feel the length of him thick and hard against her back. Heat rose headily as she gasped and fidgeted uncomfortably but Rowan flexed his arm as he tried to hold her in place.

"Close your eyes and sleep, love," he breathed, his voice was deep but urgent. "I won't do anything to you for now." 

"Will you stay with me?" she asked.

"If you wish for me to stay, I will," he exhaled.

"Please stay with me, Rowan."

She moved the arm that was circling her waist and placed her hand in his palm, interlocking their fingers. She smiled satisfyingly before closing her eyes and drifting off into deep slumber.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

885 141 17
"With every book you read, the more depressing normal life becomes." - Astara Knight Astara Knight wishes desperately that she could escape the borin...
394 122 14
"Losing my crown and title cannot stop me. Leigh, I must do this. For justice. For Emilia." Princess Elilia twin to Princess Emilia watches her siste...
2.4K 261 26
Seventeen-year-old Lucy Owens is struggling. It's been two years since the death of her parents, but she just can't seem to get a handle on life with...
390 78 38
What if you have only been told lies? The lies are even harsher than the reality. What if your name is also not real? Something similar happened to V...